2006 YEAR IN REVIEW
how was your year? mine was shit. RATE IT.
let's see, i was supposed to go to japan but couldnt, this summer was the most depressed i've ever been in my life, school sucked as always
hm the good is harder to list. anime convention was rockin as always, obvious highlight of the year becaue everything else sucked. that probably does it for the good.
LETS HEAR YOUR YEAR(this is an exercise in creative rhyming)
7....Just family and personal problems.
4.1 may be overrating it a tad actually
Base rating = 7
Mostly jobless = -1
Almost broke = -1
No g/f = -2
Saturdays = +2
A couple temp jobs = +1
Final Rating = 6
Let's see, summer was pretty awesome with Europe and other stuff. Then lesbian school came along and I can say that this has been the worst year ever.
I'd give it a 1. Mainly because you can't vote with negatives.
I did get crabs... but she was Asian.
actually I gave a 7 because of school problems; not report cards, picked on and such last year. Also my summer had a few awesomeness, but was for most of it boring since I had no friends. My christmas was much much awesome though and I have the feeling 2007 will be too ^^;
CL you'll never be picked on in school again. After being E-HAZED by 15-18 year olds I hope you can handle yourself with some pussy 11 year olds at elementary school in Canada.
Originally Posted by Cool Latios
Bad things that happened to me this year:
- Caught the flu in febuary and on the same day I was supposed to go on a Ski trip
- Great grandfather died in early May
- Great uncle gets arrested
- Another Great uncle almost dies
- My dog,who was also my best friend, dies of kidney failure
- Bestest math teacher in the world leaves and is replaced with a sad son of a bitch that dosent know a thing about math
- Had to take the whole math unit over again because of worthless replacement math teacher
- George Bush is still president and alive
Best things that happend:
- Worthless replacement teacher is fired!!!
Overall I give it a 1
AND 14 YEAR OLDS :(
Originally Posted by God
you'll say that in the face of high school bastards who almost kill you because you dont smoke :/
its the same here
if you dont follow them like a sheep then everyone hates you
Well, another reason why I gave a 7 is because of people criticizing me for who I hang out with.
But I am super glad I didn't have to go to a same-gender school. -_-
5. The beginning of the year sucked with lovely suicidal thoughts and school sucking ass, but then the year got better when I met mex, and then the year deflated again because school still sucks ass.
Even though I voted five, I'm beginning to think it should've been a 3.
mex does brighten up your life alot
based on the reasons behind the ratings, only one person seems to have a good enough reason to rate the year a 1...
IMO even a bad year can be rated at least a 3, more likely a 4...
and very few people should have reason enough to rate the year a 9 or 10...
4-8 should be where most of the ratings go...
everyone's year has to have some good points (even if they were short-lived, and now a fading memory)
I'd say 8...
I haven't had so many things to worry about, but the year was quite far from being perfect.
Can say the same partly for you. :P
Originally Posted by Eve
1. Grandma was sick literally the entire year, my mom was constantly taking care of her as she was in and out of the hospital while my dad was taking the most buisness trips in his entire career (he's a part of a company that just started up). Ver lonely.
2. The end of 8th grade sucked, because we were kind of over the whole middle school atmosphere but we were still treated the same. Extraordinarily frustrating.
3. Just bad mental whotsits. Its sorta personalish so I'm not going to get into it, but there were many a sleepless night (I think I actually did have insomnia for about a month, but I didn't go to a doctor or anything). But anyway that pretty much sucked and was the reason for the year sucking.
1. Became really good friends with Melissa, and she, Becca and I formed the "Trifecta" :D
2. About a thousand awesome "inside jokes" have come from this year
3. Made a lot of cool new friends
4. Summer was really fun
I know there are more "good" than "bad" things, but the things on the bad list carry more weight.
I can see how #1 would carry a lot of bad weight...
If your grandma's still sick, I hope she get's well soon (if she's well, I hope she stays well)