Thread: *puts on his conservative hat*

Default *puts on his conservative hat*

There is no such thing as separation between church and state. The first amendment is simply referring to how the government can't create or sponsor any specific church, it doesn't mean the government can't endorse popular spiritual things like the 10 commandments on court houses or crosses on license plates. Any letters about the separation of church and state were never put into law.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

That isn't the spirit of the founders of our country though. It's just what the bastard descendants have put into play that have made it that way.

Oh, I have something you may be interested in seeing RC, that has nothing to do with this.

Here is a pic of my Kerra character in EQ:

Her name is Rashema, and she is a berserker. She is evilly aligned, loves walks in the rain and the smell of her enemies flesh burning.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

To be honest that's no worse than what Ashoka did in India in 5th century BCE (I think. The date might be wrong). He said you should treat all religions with respect but heavily promoted Buddhism.

Does it matter? How so?

Error does not become Truth because it is widely accepted;
    Truth does not become error, even when it stands alone.

Paired with: Mex - Eve

Registered Users Regular TeenageAngst's Avatar
    Mount Cynicism, at the corner of Nobamaland and Itoldyousovia.

*puts the hat on* I think anyone who doesn't support the patriot act doesn't know their ass from a crater in the ground, or hates this country, or both.
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire
    Iíll bring you to your knees
    Ebb and flow with my desire
    Cause its all that youíve been taught to be

mhmh normaly id support u but ur confusing me please state the problem so those of us who arent as smart can understand while baking cookies >>

They can't tell the difference between that crater and said ass, or have already distinguished the subtle differences between a hole made by a big rock and your poop-shoot and just don't care?

Just because someone doesn't have your view, what you consider to be right, doesn't make them wrong/less moral/dumb. Take your pick. Tolerance. If you care what everyone else thinks, you're in for one ulcer of a life.

Error does not become Truth because it is widely accepted;
    Truth does not become error, even when it stands alone.

Paired with: Mex - Eve

These are all real points of view held by both my parents.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

Esp the furry one?

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

Quote Originally Posted by KidStatutory View Post

Just because someone doesn't have your view, what you consider to be right, doesn't make them wrong/less moral/dumb. Take your pick. Tolerance. If you care what everyone else thinks, you're in for one ulcer of a life.
    KS that philosophy works for taste in television and stuff I guess, but if someone wants homosexuality to be illegal because it says so in the bible, every rational human in the world should take issue with it and think the person saying it is an absolute idiot.

"le cat" what game is that? looks cool and le chat means cat in french =)

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

I think that the intention of "seperation" between state and church is that the state should promote whatever religion, but it should not apply its rules to court judgements and allow it to interfere in foreign affairs, otherwise anybody of a different religion would not be up to a fair trial, and they may have to conquer the "holy land" again.