Page 100 of 100 FirstFirst ... 50909899100
Results 2,476 to 2,491 of 2491

Thread: Pirates

OOC: Not now. Ha!

IC: "There must be something." she replied.
    "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
    But in ourselves, that we are underlings."
    ~

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

OOC: Damn.

IC: Dart thought for a while. He thought and thought, "I could go fer a nice MLT. Mutton, lettuce, an' tomato. Or maybe a pumpkin pie. Yes, I wish fer a pumpkin pie!"

OOC: I know that was immature, but I couldn't resist the reference.

Dani laughed. "As you wish."
    ~

IC: "Now where can I find my pumpkin pie?" puzzled Dart, "My father made this amazin' pumpkin pie."

As the others capered about, Cho'kar continued the ceremony for Daerid. He gently lifted the body, placing it on the pyre. He then took a step back, seemingly to examine his handiwork.

"Daerid Galadrid, you served honorably in the Elvish millitary under both Keke and her father. You were a man who believed in something, and there is a great deal to be said about that. Misundertandings and cultural ideologies brought you to the end, but we will not dwell on this. We must look to your past. You were a man that tried to care about people, even despite your feelings of superiority. You were a talented swordsman and beloved of Feryr. You brought healing to those who needed it, even when you despised them. Daerid, you fought to do what you felt was best, working to bring the girl you called Camilla back to her people, because you felt that it was what was needed for your countrymen to thrive. I...can say no more."

The orc turned to Keke now, eyes unblinking.

"Would you say something to the fallen?
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Quote Originally Posted by Keke Le Cat View Post
    OOC: Would like to point out that at this point Kitsa is walking toward the oracle, presumably knowing the way into Avalon on her own somehow? And Keke and Cho'kar would not see her when they get back to camp to fetch the corpse.
    Dart pointed the way. Elven sight.
    omae wa mou shindeiru

Earth hopefully, but sometimes I wonder...

OOC: Glitchy computer makes me miss page 100.... hey no wait, we're still on it! Woo Hoo! Congrats everybody!

IC: Siren dozed off, she wasn't quite sure when, or for how long, but when she awoke, Dani was running around screaming something about Kitsa being alive. She could have sworn she saw her, Kitsa alive and healthy take her first steps towards the oracle before dissapearing. She shot up like a lightning bolt, looking around.

Kitsa was indeed not present amongst their comrads. She shook it off as no more then a prolonged dream. Everyone did seem to be in a bit of rut, what had she missed with just a short nap? Dani and Dart were talking, Hikari was pondering and everyone else seemed lost in their own world. And what of Cho'Kar and Keke? Where had they dissapeared too?

She spotted the two of them further away from the camp, preparing Daerid's body. She was struck by guilt, she had not liked the man but did he not deserve more company then that at his funeral? Would he even want her at his funeral? After all, not many people tolerated him but she had been the worst. Taking a deep breath she risked the steps forward it would take her to join them. She didn't interupt, didn't announce her presence but lingered behind them as she listened to Cho'Kar say his few words about him.

"Daerid Galadrid, you served honorably in the Elvish millitary under both Keke and her father. You were a man who believed in something, and there is a great deal to be said about that. Misundertandings and cultural ideologies brought you to the end, but we will not dwell on this. We must look to your past. You were a man that tried to care about people, even despite your feelings of superiority. You were a talented swordsman and beloved of Feryr. You brought healing to those who needed it, even when you despised them. Daerid, you fought to do what you felt was best, working to bring the girl you called Camilla back to her people, because you felt that it was what was needed for your countrymen to thrive. I...can say no more."

He then turned to Keke, but she missed what he was saying because tears were now carving a rather nice path down her cheeks before dripping onto the floor. She brushed them back, she felt guilty, ever so guilty... had she even said one kind thing to him? Had she once said thank you to his face with sincerity? Sure he was a pain in the neck, but he had given her more then her fair share of chances and she offered nothing in return. How could she tell him that she didn't judge, looked at everyone the same when she spared him no such curtesy? She almost hated Daerid all the more now for what his life and death where doing to her. She new his death was just, after all what he did to Keke and what he would have done to Ervan was unforgivable. She felt no guilt for his death, he deserved it, but it was the guilt for what she had done to him in his life that was overwhelming.

She continued to try and keep herself composed for at least Cho'Kar and Keke's sake. There were many tears, but silent. She shouldn't have come, shouldn't have interupted. They didn't need her hear and neither did Daerid. She turned to leave but didn't go all the way back to camp. Instead she sunk against the wall half way there in a sort of limbo. Curling her arms around her knees and rest her head atop of them she began to sing barely a whisper into the floor. Speaking in her native tongue she asked Daerid for forgiveness for at least some of her actions, saying her first sincere apology to him. It was futile, he couldn't hear, couldn't answer, she was far to late to realize her errors...

OOC: Hey, does anybody besides Cho'Kar actually know that Daerid has invaded his mind?

OOC: No

IC: Dart took out his flute, closed his eyes, and began playing a funeral tune.

Dart's flute tune sounded familiar. She sang the words to it.

"Everywhere I turn, I hurt someone
    But there's nothing I can say
    to change the things I've done
    I'd do anything within my power
    I'd give everything I've got
    But the path I seek is hidden
    from me now

Brother Bear, I let you down
    You trusted me, believed in me
    and I let you down
    Of all the things I hid from you
    I cannot hide the shame
    And I pray someone, something will
    come, to take away the pain

There's no way out of this dark place
    No hope, no future
    I know I can't be free
    But I can't see another way
    I can't face another day."
    ~

IC: As Dart finished he put his flute down and bowed his head. "May we take a moment ta respect the dead."

Dani bowed her head.
    ~

Oreos and cookie crunch! Hikari's Avatar

Audrey looked up at the others, realizing that they expected her to show some respect. She quickly looked down with a solemn expression, trying to make it look as if she had been paying attention the entire time.

IC: I hope he will think about what he has done in the afterlife. Dart sighed very quietly and waited for the body to be lit.

Dani heard Dart sigh. She smiled weakly at him.

OOC: Meh. I have a craving to play sims. Later 'yalls. Put Dani an autoplay or whatever.
    ~

Chapter 1, RIP.

Who Posted?
    User Name Posts
    Keke Le Cat 638
    The Editor 591
    Solly 394
    dramakween308 213
    Pink-kitty2 195
    Muttsy 178