Page 2 of 100 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirates

OOC:

Also dear you may wish to update your equipment to reflect what you said you had on the other thread. Skirt, Shirt, Belt, Shawl, Sandals, etc. Whatever you happen to be wearing.

Nice job on the pic BTW.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

Right, I'll get right on that.

Thank you!
    "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
    But in ourselves, that we are underlings."
    ~

Dani, famous for appearing out of nowhere, did just so. Tossing her long red hair out of her face, she pointed her finger at the three players, putting them under a spell-type-thing (it was one of her newly-discovered powers). "You will not harm anyone here" She wispered. Hoping she didn't mess the spell up, she put down her fingers. Naturally, something went wrong, as always. The players' faces turned angrier and angrier. "Dammit" she said to herself. "Get out" she told the crew."Now" she added narrowing her piercing eyes.
    ~

OOC:

A note of explanation: Keke doesn't know the bald guy's name, so she nicknamed him in her thoughts. She calls him fat but Ervan realizes it for what it is, which is muscular bulk.

IC:

Keke sways over to the table and places a hand on Bald Fat Guy's arm as the bullyboys begin to take notice. “Is there a problem here, handsome?” She smiled around the table, pausing to make brief eye contact with the other two players, completely ignoring Ervan.

She pushes the cards and coins toward the center of the table thoroughly messing up their order and perches on the edge, “I do love a masterful man.” Keke raises her eyebrows and smiles coyly at Bald Fat Guy, placing a foot firmly on Ervan's fallen card.

“What's happening here, eh?” Said one of the bullyboys as the two approach. Keke gracefully slides off the table and turning, scoots backwards, keeping the card firmly under her foot.

“This one who's mother was a pig is trying to cheat! He was palming a card and dropped it.” Said the Fat Fool poking a sharp finger into Ervan's chest.

“Well, that should be easy to prove. Show the card he dropped and I am sure you can have him brought up before a magistrate on charges of theft.” Keke said, smiling helpfully at the bald headed buffoon.

The man bent as if to pick something up and jerked upright, “It's missing!You took it! All that prancing about was just a distraction so your pimp here could cheat.”

The two bullyboys looked at each other as if unsure what to do, the larger one shrugged and looked back at the balding man.

Staring hate at Ervan he said, “Take your whore and be gone, count yourself lucky I do not care enough to run you out of town on a rail.” A rivulet of spittle ran from the corner of the angry man's mouth and his face shone red as a setting sun.

Air hissed between Keke's teeth with a sharp intake of breath, “I am an archer, Fat Fool. Fetch a bow and I will outshoot you or anyone you name, one hundred coins gold to your one.” She angrily spat the words.

“It may have escaped your notice but I am the proprietor of this fine establishment. I have a pub to run. Now go, before I have you thrown out.”

Keke smiled, a slight curving of her lips, and icily lifted a brow, “Are you afraid, fat man? We can make your side a silver pence.” She thought the man may have apoplexy from the color that crept into his face. His neck suddenly looked too big for his collar, muscles and veins bulging.

“I will fetch my bow and come sunrise I will show you the meaning of archery. You can work off the one hundred gold on your back, or cleaning cesspits for all I care!”

He stalked off to fetch bow and quiver. Keke stood off to the side and waited. She noticed the patrons forming a semi-circle around Ervan and the Captain, talking earnestly all the while darting looks toward Keke. By the time he returned though Keke had chivvied the window open and leaned out to fetch her backpack from behind the empty kegs.

Without a word Fat Fool marched out the back of the pub and down the narrow alleyway. The pubs patrons followed as the owner lead the way to a tree that stood at the edge of the city limits.

Keke calmly walks after him strapping her weapons to her person.

“I am accounted a fair shot,” he said, carving a chest high cross in the trunk of the gnarled oak. “I will take the first shot so you can see what you face.”

Completely ignoring the Fat Fool, Keke swaggers off 50ft into the distance with never a care that the sky was turning the first shades of pink with the coming dawn. She braces her bow on one booted foot and strings it in one fluent motion. Knocking an arrow she raises the bow and releases, seemingly without pause to aim. The steel arrow head strikes dead center in the middle of the carved cross. Before it stops quivering the second brushes in beside it. Keke did wait a moment then, but only for the two arrows to stop. A gasp rose from the onlookers as the third split the second, there was nothing but silence as the last split the other just as neatly. Once could have been chance. Twice...

Fat Fool looked as if his eyes were coming out of his head. He looked from the tree to Keke, from Keke to the tree and back again.

Kitsa and Ervan were collecting money; most of the patrons handed over at least a few gold coins. So that's what they were up to.

“Our wager?” Keke said quietly to the man in the blue shirt, “Or do you mean to shoot against that?” He faintly grimaced and dug a coin out of his belt-pouch. As he flipped it toward her the first rays of the sun caught the glint of gold. Catching it, she tossed it right back. “Your wager was a silver penny.”

His eyes widen with startlement, he laughs and presses the gold into her hand, “That was worth every penny of it.” Keke's eyes narrow but she wraps her fingers around the coin. She pivots on her heel and stalks off toward the rising sun, without even checking to see if her companions were following.

Grinning, she bounces the coin on the back of her hand and then the palm, confident that Dani, Ervan and Kitty were behind her.

EDIT: Goddamnit! I spent five minutes writing this and now I get post ninja'd! GAH!
    DOUBLE EDIT: Screw it. This has happened after. I'm still entitled to blame DK.

Kitsa turned around suddenly to see a man running at her with a knife.
    "Dani, these guys were not pissed off when I last checked. What the hell did you do?"
    Suddenly, a green bar appeared over the nearest guy's head. Looking upwards, Kitsa noticed she had a similar bar hovering above her head.
    Okay. What the fuck. So. Stupid.
    Using great skill but little grace, Kitsa sliced the man across the neck.
    That should kill him...
    Strangely, the man did not die, and also continued to stand, unfazed by the assault that just occurred. However, a large portion of the green bar above his head turned red.
    Kitsa spun and tried to attack again. But something prevented her. She could barely even move, only enough to dodge left or right.
    The man swung his knife, and is soared gracefully, beautifully and poetically into Kitsa's left arm. Pain overwhelmed Kitsa, but she stood her ground. She would not be beaten.
    "FIRASTRIKE!"
    With a loud cry, Kitsa swung her blade. Because of the spell, the rapier immolated and plunged deep into the man's head. The bar turned fully red.
    "Doo doo doo doo doo dee doo doo dooooo"
    Loud fanfare music filled the area.
    "Ugh."
    Kitsa slumped to her knees and stared into an abyss only visible to herself.
    omae wa mou shindeiru

Hearing the commotion, Keke spun to stare awestruck at the teeming mass of mad men milling in the meadow. She noticed the Captain engaged in combat with a man baring a knife. She quickly snapped out of her daze and without bothering to stop and wonder what infuriated the mob, she drew her bow. She pulled four arrows from her quiver and knocking them, she aimed at the sky and released.

A multitude of arrows fell into the crowd, all avoiding colleagues and finding a home in an enemies flesh. Three vollies of arrows fell. Hail of Arrows always pulls through in a pinch, thought Keke with satisfaction.

Keke's eyes widened as every head in the swarm of angry men swiveled her direction.

“Oh. Shit.” Keke exclaimed as she began to run for the hills.

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

IC:

Ervan had noticed the men long before they'd started closing in, and had already dived into the pub through the window. Now he's picking himself up when he notices that Kitsa isn't with him. Ah. Oh dear. He stands up and looks through his unconventional entry point, and sure enough there's Kitsa, trying to fight them off. Not for long. Damn. Nothing for it but to dive back outside. Ervan takes several steps back and runs towards the window, jumping through and colliding heavily with one of the men. He falls to the ground, leaping to his feet a second later, sword drawn. However, nearly all of the men are leaving. He looks around them and sees Keke running. Oh. Is that good? While he's thinking the man he bumped into grabs his arm. Oh yay, pain. Lotta pain. The man grabs his other arm. "No way," says Ervan, "I am not getting caught today." And he bursts into flames. The man roars and let's him go, and Ervan runs after Keke straight through the mob, screaming and waving his arms. A few seconds later and the fire goes out.
    "Ow ow ow ow ow..." mutters Ervan, crashing through the undergrowth after Keke. He really needs to work on that trick. An arrow hits him in the chest. He looks down at it. Keke. Ouch. He drops to his knees. I should get some sleep, he thinks. He falls sideways into sleep, and the arrow sticks out of his chest, less than an inch from his heart.

Dodge. Stab. Parry. Twist. Dive. Still the men come. Kitsa thought they'd at least stop by now.
    Screw it. This is getting boring, and my arm is sore now.
    She smashed through the people to find Ervan and Keke, but they were nowhere to be seen. However, a largely burnt path headed towards the forest nearby.
    Immolation?
    As Kitsa started crashing through the bushes, she heard a groan and a shuffle. She turned to see Ervan, lying on the ground with an arrow through his chest.
    Shit. Shit shit shit shit shit. Shit.
    Kitsa pulls out what's left of her first aid equipment and goes about treating the wound.
    "You know, this may not have happened if you hadn't cheated..."
    Kitsa tried to remain conversational, but the wound was tricky. It was pretty close to the heart, and who knows what damage it might have done, even without hitting the heart.
    She placed a long strip of metal on the fire she had going, and waited for a bit.
    "Okay. This next bit may hurt a little bit. Try not to bite your tongue off..."
    With one fluid movement, she ripped out the arrow and placed the white-hot metal on the wound, burning the skin into place.
    omae wa mou shindeiru

Dani, also getting bored, buned one more person and made a run for it. She followed the path Kitsa had went down. When she got there, Kitsa was burning Ed's skin. Dani widened her already large eyes. She had never seen this before.
    ~

Keke glances over her shoulder and notice the foes are fewer, in fact only two remain. But they two were still hot on the chase. She stops in her tracks and spins to face the men. She draws her bow and removing two arrows from the quiver she squints one eye as she aims. Perfectly executing the Combat Art "Double Shot" the two arrows land squarely in each leg of one of the oncoming opponents. With an agonizing scream he falls to the ground, to writhe and moan.

The other man quickly closes in and Keke realizes that it is the larger of the two bullyboys from the bar, cudgel and all. She places her bow in it's clip on her back and draws her Nimcha and dagger. She stands her ground, even though the man is a head taller and twice as wide.

Keke falls to one knee and stabs her dagger through his right thigh. The man merely grunts and brings his cudgel down to thwak Keke's upper arm with all his might. The cudgel renders her left arm a useless mass of pain. She rolls to the side and neatly slices the tendon behind his left knee.

She rolls onto her backside to face her target just as he falls to his knees. Flinging his cudgel away he reaches forward and grabs Keke's ankle, pulling her to him with the ease he would have pulling a child. She twists onto her stomach and tries to crawl away, clutching at tufts of grass all the while being drawn steadily closer to the large man.

Keke notices the man she had previously shot approaching from the front. She looks in horror from her back to her front frantically kicking at the man to her rear.
    Last edited by Keke Le Cat; 06-10-2008 at 04:56 PM.

Dani dashed out of the bushes as quickly as she could. Taking out her sword, she charged the man who was holding KeKe captive.
    "Take this bastard" she said. And with that, she stabbed the man's shoulder, forcing it all the way through.
    He screamed in agonizing pain and let go of KeKe. Dani pulled her sword out of the man's shoulder and made a mad dash back to the bushes, draging KeKe with her.
    ~

The searing pain wakes Ervan up. He opens his eyes and sees Kitsa holding a strip of glowing metal. "Ow. Just... Ow. Seriously, what the hell? It was just an arrow. You could've used a bandage or something." He sits up. "Keke. Where's Keke?"

Dani pulled KeKe back behind the bushes to safety.
    "She'll be fine." Dani said, looking at Ed. "and thanks so much for asking where I am."
    She turned to Kitsa. "Do your thing" she said.
    ~

Earth hopefully, but sometimes I wonder...

Name: Her birth name is in mermaid language, and they speak in a more melodic way with frequencies so it's really more of a tune then a word. To directly translate it from merfolk language, it would be "Eyes of the unknown sun".
    Alias: Siren
    Race: Human-Mermaid Hybrid
    Nationality: Irish
    Alignment: Neutral

Class: Warrior

Intelligence:4
    Wisdom: 4
    Agility: 7
    Strength: 6
    Vitality: 5

Health Points: Each Vitality point = 125 hp
    Power Points: Each Int/Wis/Agi/Str point = 14

Height:5'5"
    Weight:125lbs
    Build: Skinny with good muscle tone
    Hair: Viridian, cut unevenly, shoulder length
    Eyes: Topaz

Equipment List:
    Armour: Light-weight Leather vest and belt flap. Leather boots that cover most of legs.
    Jewellery: None
    Weapons: Short One-Handed Blade, Water-Proof steel, very strong and sturdy lightweight. However, very unflexible
    Misc

Physical Description: http://i29.tinypic.com/10xybr9.jpg
    She's not exactly pretty by human or mermaid standards, however her looks vastly improve when she's wet: Kind of like a stone or pebble seems more polished when it's wet. Compliments of being half-mermaid.

Personality:Siren often seems bitter and rude, and somewhat paranoid. She submits well to authority just as long as she's not left out, and although loud and opinionated not very argumentative. Once she gets comfortable in situations or with people she can be rather charming, she never really acts out of anger unless people make fun of her mermaid heritage (Not that she particularly cares for being part mermaid either).

Combat Arts or Spells:
    Siren Song- Temporarily infatuates males into distraction. No damage (2 power)
    Gills- Not really a spell, she's just part mermaid so she's got lungs and gills that allow her to breath underwater. However, her gills aren't as developed as her lungs, so she can't stay under indefinitely like mermaids can, needing to surface by the hour.
    Heart of the Warrior- A sword move that that hits the enemy at their weakest point. 8-10 damage (8 power)
    Dancing Blade- No damage, but keeps any close range sword attacks from hitting her by fending them of with her sword (3 power)
    Timed Strike- A simple sword move that calculates best time to attack, 3 damage (2 power)
    Last Stand- A somewhat moderate sword attack that allows the user to hit the enemy multiple times after getting hit themselves.4-5 damage (4 power)
    Slash- A normal sword attack. 2-3 damage (2 power)

Skills: Singing, Cooking, Basic Tracking (Not on land, but under water) Moderate One handed Blade combat.

History: Siren's mother is a mermaid and her father was some poor drunk sailor who, like many, followed the enchanting siren song. However, as Siren will tell you, her mother was the only mermaid she knew to "Actually reproduce with the stupid thing". No one really knows who her father is now, being raised with her mothers mermaid clan the first eight years of her life. Being half human, under water life wasn't as cut out for her as the rest, so her mother later banned/abandoned her to seek out a more human life on land. Since then she's been in out of jobs, mostly singing gigs at pubs, and lives on the unforgiving streets where she learned most of her combat skills. She's sailed on a few ships because she still loves the sea, learning the basics of sailing
    Last edited by Muttsy; 06-18-2008 at 09:10 PM.

"For someone who just got dragged a fair distance, she seems to be in pretty good shape. She's out right now, and her arm's broken, but both can be fixed with just a little time. I'll just wrap her arm up. Ervan, I need your shirt. Also, that wound could've gotten infected or just bled out. Who knows if it hit a vein or something. It was safer to weld it."

Kitsa started packing up her stuff, and pulled out her compass.

"Okay, we're just south of the shoreline. If we head north, we'll reach Belfast by nightfall. We need to be careful in Belfast, because even bastards like those guys have friends. Also, it'll do us some good to obtain a ship. We clearly can't afford to buy one, seeing as we just lost a lot of our money, but it shouldn't be too hard to steal one."
    omae wa mou shindeiru

OOC:
    Great profile and pic Muttsy.

IC:

Keke stirs and her eyes flutter partially open just as the Captain finishes speaking. "The men, they'll follow. We have to return to slay them." and no one walks away after injuring me, thought she. I can't believe I fainted like some ninny girl just off her momma's apron strings...

"Thanks Dani." Mumbles Keke, her face turned away and a slight tint of blush tinging her high cheekbones.

"I'll be going back after them, so long as I stay ranged I am certain sure I can take the both of them." Keke grinned a little lop-sided. While she may be temporarily weakened, nothing much daunts her confidence for long. She bounded to her feet in one clean motion, avoiding moving her left arm as much as possible.

"We really need to obtain a few more heal potions. Wish I knew an alchemist. Maybe I'll make one's acquaintances in the next village." She winked at the captain and slipped through the bushes and out of the thicket.

Dani blinked and stared off into space for a long time. Or so it seemed.
    "We have to get out of here. Quickly" she said. The others just stared at her, as if to say "Why? what's coming?". But she had no time to answer.
    She put her to fingers in her mouth and whistled loudly.
    ~

A blind idiot could follow that trail, Keke thought as she followed the path a few paces which her body had made while Dani dragged her.

Hearing a shrill whistle in the thicket behind her, Keke turned to stare. "Great, that'll draw those morons like a lady bug to honey." muttered Keke.

This is where I'll make my stand, but never with this bowstring... Thought Keke as she notices the damage the early morning dampness has raught on the waxed string she uses with her bow. Kneeling on one knee she restrings her bow, Damnit, I go through more of these things...

Knocking an arrow she waits for her prey.

"Keke, this is no time for heroics. We need to get out of here."
    Kitsa urgently motioned to Keke for her to follow.
    "If you get too badly injured, you might not be able to make it. You already have a broken arm, and I'm not so sure that you can fight with it. Come on."
    Plus, she's our best tracker. Without her, we'll never find Hikari.

OOC: Muttsy, it might be best if you meet us in Belfast. Dunno when you intend to appear if you do appear. Belfast has a nice river, the River Lagan, which leads into the Irish Sea. Sounds just the place where a mermaid would live.
    omae wa mou shindeiru

"No. Hold your fire!" Dani said just as a big horse with a horn came trotting out of the trees. Dani petted the Unicorn's mane while everyone stared in disbelief. "Get on quickly. They're coming" Dani warned.
    ~

"If it's okay by you I'd rather run," says Ervan. "I can't ride, and I doubt there's room for all of us on there." He loosens his sword in its scabbard and draws his pistol. "I'll catch up with you guys later." He checks his pistol is loaded, then walks over to Keke. "I'll hold them back, you go with the others."

"Oh please" Dani said. And before he knew it, she slung Ervan over the back of the Unicorn and put the others on.
    "Jeez, you guys are heavy!" she said. "Giddyup!" she told the Unicorn. It rode off out of sight.
    Dani heard shouting behind her. She scrambled up a tree, getting numerous scratches on the way.
    ~

"She did not just do that!" shouts Ervan, bouncing up and down. "Screw this. In a couple of minutes I'll probably throw up..." He rolls off the back of the unicorn and falls heavily to the ground. He picks himself up and starts running back to where Dani is. Before long he sees a group of armed men approaching and ducks behind a tree. It's a search party, he thinks. Looking for us. Great. Hopefully Dani and I can mislead them. He checks his pistol again, then starts circling around the edge of the group.

Dani sees Ervan circling the group. "You idiot" she mumbles.
    She spotted a hardened berry on a branch and grabbed it.
    "Ervan!" she hissed, chucking the berry at his head.
    ~

Earth hopefully, but sometimes I wonder...

OOC: Oh, you mean I'm accepted, just like that? Cool, I'll start right away. Thanks for the advice Pink-Kitty, sounds perfect. I'll wait till you guys are in Belfast then, please hurry! m, out of curiosity, where are you now?

Page 2 of 100 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast