Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirates

OOC:We're in Dublin. We've got quite awhile to go.
    "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
    But in ourselves, that we are underlings."
    ~

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

OoC: Unfortunately. We'll try and keep this bit as short as we can.

Ed.

Hurp.
    "Keke, Ervan's fallen off, and Dani abandoned us. It seems everyone wants to be the suicidal hero today..."
    Using basic equestrian skills, Kitsa turned the unicorn around and rode it towards the ruckus behind them.
    Impaling a person on its horn, the unicorn burst into the fray.
    "Ervan, Dani, get on this animal at once. We need to get to Belfast ... well ... fast."
    omae wa mou shindeiru

"What about Hikari?" says Ervan. Whoops, he thinks, blew my cover. Damn.

With that being said, Dani dropped out of the tree and landed on her feet.
    Seeing the evil party was looking their way, she grabbed the Unicorn's mane and swung up. The unicorn whinied and galloped toward Ervan. As the unicorn passed him, Dani grabbed his hand and swung him up onto it.
    ~

"I hate riding!" shouts Ervan as they gallop off.

Dani whipped around so she could see Ervan. "Too bad. You can ride on the pony, or be dragged behind it." she said, glaring into his eyes. Then she spoke to Kitsa. "Why did you turn around? I was going to catch up with you guys" she said in confusion.
    ~

"We need...to get...to Belfast...soon. The longer...we take...the more danger...we put...Hikari in...."
    Kitsa sliced the arm off of an approaching guy.
    Ick. Blood. I just cleaned this shirt.
    omae wa mou shindeiru

Dani nodded at Kista. "Turn around" she told the unicorn. "Onward to Belfast! Giddyup!" she shouted. The unicorn galloped at fullspeed while Ervan tried to stay on.
    ~

IC:

"That's so unfair, tossing me about like so much baggage! I'm a grown woman. Frickin' unicorns with their frickin' horns." She exclaimed, glowering all around her. Keke held on to the fast moving steed with her knees so she could cross her arms to better accentuate her sulk.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

"Did you have a better idea?!" Dani yelled. "Your welcome for saving your- duck!" she said suddenly, dodging a low growing branch.
    She heard snippits of yelling as trees whized by. "They went that way! hurry" shouted a man's voice. Dani glanced behind her. "Dammit" she muttered.
    "Ervan! you caused this mess. Shoot any oncoming soldiers while I try to loose them" she ordered. "Kitsa, shoot anything that might be attacking from the sky, KeKe, you keep sulking."
    ~

IC:

Keke tossed back her head and laughed into the sky, shaking her silvery hair back from her face. Still giggling she reached forward to flick Dani's ear before drawing her bow.

"It's no easy feat, shooting well from atop a galloping horse... I'm not sure you could hit a moving target while bouncing on the rump of a mount with that mini-cannon Ervan calls a pistol. Besides, I think all his attention is going to staying mounted and not losing his breakfast. I believe I can show you the meaning of horse archery though." She said with a smirk before half turning to find a target.

IC:

Dani took a deep breath and tried to calm her spinning mind. She had been told thousands of times to control her temper. She was so close to turning around and pushing KeKe off, leaving her and her ungrateful self for the soldiers to capture.
    "Whatever" she simply replied, batting KeKe's hand away. "Hold on everyone" she said, turning the unicorn through a river and onto a bank by a forest.
    ~

IC:

Keke put away her bow and said, "It seems we've either lost them or they have ceased their pursuit. We must be somewhere between Drogheda and the sea. That river we just crossed was the Boyne, unless I miss my guess."

Leaning around the others Keke examined the panting Unicorn. His neck was lathered and he was blowing as hard as a blacksmiths bellows. "There is no use running this animal to death, we should dismount and give him some air. I'm sure we could all use a rest as well, and a meal. We won't get there in a day, and a few hours rest with a cup of tea will do us all a world of good."

OOC: The unicorn only has reins, not a saddle. And I thought this would help with our journey. http://maps.google.com/maps?sourceid...=1&sa=N&tab=wl

IC:

Dani took hold of Danceton(the unicorn)'s reins and lead him to the water. He grazed the grass and took a drink. Dani sat and nibbled on a churro she had bought at the market, missing Hikari madly. Hikari and Dani used to love churros. They would eat them all the time. Laughing, eating, planning Dani's escape. As she remembered these fun times, sadness filled Dani's heart, making it heavy in her chest. She leaned back on her elbows, silencing her thoughts, becoming nothing, connecting with Hikari. "Help me" said a faint voice. It grew louder, "Help me!" the voice said. Dani came to realize the voice belonged to Hikari. We'll be there soon, hang in there. she thought, her heart swelling. When she opened her eyes, Ervan was sitting beside her, watching Danceton.
    ~

IC:

Keke gathered dried sticks for kindling and started a small fire. She fished through her backpack and came up with a small, dented tin pan and 2 mix matched tin cups along with a leather packet containing tea leaves. She filled the pan from her canteen and sat it near the fire to heat. "We didn't prepare very well for this journey, we'll have to make do with 2 cups. Though I suppose we didn't have the time to. Unless we plan to depend on the kindness of strangers we we should consider stopping off and stocking up on supplies at one of the villages ahead."

Walking slowly she approached the unicorn. She stooped to pull up handfuls of grass and began rubbing the poor thing down. After drying the beast off with grass she stroked his muzzle. Nuzzling her face into his soft main she murmured, "Poor guy, we ran you hard didn't we?"

Keke walked over to Dani and put an arm around her shoulders. "Don't worry, we'll get Hikari back..." After a few awkward moments of silence Keke went over to check the water on the fire.

OOC: Oh! I knew I should've explained this. The Unicorn is my pet. I found it when I was nine. It turns into a pony when I want it to so it's safe. And it can transport when I whistle like that.

IC: Dani nodded at KeKe. But part of her filled with doubt. We'll get Hikari back if we're not too late. She thought. She bolted up from her place on the grass, not wanting KeKe and Ervan see her cry. "What is wrong with me? I'm not sad or worried!" she lied to herself. But she knew she was worried, about her life, Hikari's life, yes, but there was something else. Was it Danceton? No, he was magical, he's gonna be fine. The only other logical explination would be she was terrified about what happened to Zipporah after she left...
    ~

Earth hopefully, but sometimes I wonder...

Siren was only half awake, lying on the bottom of a river staring up at the blurred sky between the water and herself. True she couldn't stay under very long, however she found that she had no trouble sleeping under the water for hours at a time. It was probably because when she was sleeping she wasn't doing anything, keeping her from needing to use her lungs for more oxygen instead of just her gills.

It had been a lazy morning, having just spent the last few days traveling around Dublin looking for anything that would get her some funds to live of for a while. It was a dry search, meaning she was stuck without a pay check once more. She had decided to travel up to Belfast, having heard from a sailor that a few ships would be making port soon and might look to hire a few deck-hands.

Far to tired to get up just yet, she was about drift back of to sleep when she heard a splash echo. Startled she looked around for the source, she was worried it might be another bear; she certainly didn't want to have to deal with one of those again.

Grabbing her sword she stayed under the water and tried to listen for what direction it had come from but whatever it was had crossed the river already and fast; they were already gone. Fearing the worst she dared to peak her Topaz eyes above the surface of the water, what if it was a group of bandits? The sailor in Dublin had also warned her about them, said they were common in these parts.

With her head only minimally out of the water, it took her a minute to spot the group that had just crossed the river. At a glance there looked to be about four of them; with a unicorn? Where had that come from?

They looked to be setting up camp, which either meant they were staying for awhile or they had found her hidden stash of spoils. Either way it was worth investigating, seeing that they might be sharing the river with her for awhile. Hand still clutching her sword she tried her best to sneak out of the river stealthly.

She couldn't be certain if they had heard her or not, but hoped for her sake that they hadn't as she snuck up closer to them. Finally in ear shot, she leaned back against a tree trunk as she listened in.

IC:

Hugging her knees to her chest Keke sat and watched as the fire flickered.

Keke stirred the fire with a stick, the water in the tin pan was barely warming up. "Maybe I should have made the fire bigger. It's already guttering out." she muttered. Keke sighed and got to her feet. She never was and never would be much of a camper.

"Guys, I am going to go gather kindling to build up the fire, and maybe try to fetch a rabbit with my bow for dinner." We didn't plan this very well at all, it was a dire thought.

Keke moved quietly with the grace of a hunter through the forest. Bow at hand and eyes scanning for signs of a rabbit or quail.

The would-be adventurers hadn't had time to supply themselves on their mad run out of Dublin. They may have a few lean days ahead. And long days of marching they will be... They couldn't all ride the Unicorn for long, the poor thing would weary of the load before many days passed. It's a wild animal, it shouldn't be chained to people anyway, she thought. It'll be miserable and I'll be miserable watching it be miserable.

Keke stopped her reverie in startlement as she caught a glimpse of what she believed may have been blue-green hair.

Damn, when had she moved? She hadn't even heard her get up, although she did hear her mentioning that she wanted to go looking for wood. She just never thought she'd come this way, towards the river, there was more wood in the other directions. Whoever she was she was stealthy, and armed. Not a good combination.

She was outnumbered, but in their defense she didn't really know if they would harm her or not. Opting for a less violent route she tucked her blade behind her tail and extended her other had in greeting.

"They call me Siren," She said letting her words mask her concern, "I, uh, happened to be walking by. I overheard that you guys were hungry, I've got some food I could share. It was getting kind of heavy to carry around anyway, that is if you don't mind a little Eel jerky."

Keke kept her bow with it's knocked arrow pointing to the ground. She could barely draw the damn thing anyway with her injured arm, and she surely wasn't looking for a fight. Keke smiled as she extended her hand to greet the girl with a firm handshake. She tried to keep from staring at what appeared to be a scale covered tail protruding from the backside of Siren.

“My name's Camilla but most people call me Keke. I've never had jerkey made of eel before, but I'm certain I've had worse. They say an army marches on it's stomach, but they sure fed my father and his troops some hinky stuff.”

Keke motioned back toward the way she had come with the end of her bow and said, “The camp's back this way, but I'm sure you already knew that... I came this way trying to find a rabbit or quail getting water from the river. You better let me lead the way, with as jumpy as everyone has been if a stranger approaches they may find themselves with a belly full of lead. If you don't mind my asking... What are you exactly?”

Keke stared at Siren with naked curiosity painted across her face. She tried to hide her nerves but she feared she may sound like a babbling fool. New people always made Keke uneasy, but new people whose species she couldn't readily identify made her downright nervous.

Siren couldn't help but sigh, she had known that the girl was probably going to ask about that. However, she was nice enough and hadn't attacked her for eaves dropping. Not to mention she had manners, unlike half the other people that pestered her about it.

"My mother was a mermaid, my father was a drunken sailor, need I say more?" She laughed if only to ease the tension, "Camille's a nice name, but I prefer Keke. It seems to suit you better, if you don't mind me saying."

She let the girl lead her back to their camp where she got more curious glances. Instead of indulging in them for a moment she let Keke do the talking while she scanned a nearby tree. Inside a well worn notch of the tree she pulled out a small leather bag. Inside were various non-perishable foods wrapped in dried sea-weed.

"Ah, were in luck," She said to no one in particular, "Looks like I'm a little short on Eel jerky but I've got some canned fruit and some smoked salmon."

Handing the food to Keke she left it to her divide it amongst the group; keeping the seaweed wrappings for herself to eat. Nibbling away she waited to be introduced while surveying the crew. They looked a little worn and bruised, had they just been in a fight of some sort?

IC:

Keke stared around the small clearing, holding eye contact with each crew member individually before explaining how she bumped into Siren and invited her back to the camp when she mentioned she had provisions. Keke eyed the captain a little warily, it wasn't really her place to invite people to dinner, so to speak.

"Siren, this is Captain Kitsa, Ervan and Dani. Thanks, this is really wonderful of you..." Keke accepted the proffered food with alacrity and quickly passed it around. Still glancing somewhat nervously at the Captain now and again. "I'll get the fire going again in a bit and we can have a cup of tea for accompaniment. Truly this is a feast." She smiled at Siren and nodded encouragingly.

Keke looked somewhat crestfallen and in brief sentences with many jerks and stops she explained about Hikari's kidnapping and their mission to rescue her.

Siren listened intently and made a point of remembering everyone's name. She noticed that Keke seemed a little nervous inviting her here, perhaps the group wasn't so keen on outsiders but Keke had warned her about that. Remaining silent was probably best, the way Keke kept eying the captain, Kitsa as she was named, made her feel even more uneasy about being here.

"I'll get the fire going again in a bit and we can have a cup of tea for accompaniment. Truly this is a feast," Keke smiled reasuringly towards her.

Unable to hold a smile back she grinned in return and decided to sit down. Laying her sword to the side it took her a minute to get comfortable, with her tail and all in the way. Keke then proceeded to tell her about one of their team mates that had been kidnapped, she seemed nervous as ever but no one stopped her.

After she had finished Siren was taken aback. She hadn't really met anyone so faithful like that, not where she grew up. She knew friendship like that existed, she just had never seen it so personally before. These people must truly be family to each other, and here she was invading like that fourth cousin who came to that one family dinner that was never related in the first place. To think, she had thought them to be threating at first; she should really learn not to judge so quickly.

"That's quite a journey you've plunged yourselves into. You're certainly going to need more then a unicorn to get you there that's for certain, unless you plan on walking most the way." She said then paused for a moment unsure of how to continue, "I was heading up to Belfast myself, but I was planning on swimming most the way. It would probably be faster to travel with you through the woods, if you can stand to have a fifth wheel. I'm decent enough with a short blade to hold my own."

Shuffling rather uncomfortably in her boots she avoided eye contact while waiting for Kitsa to respond. Seeing as she was the captain, It would most likely be her decision. She had put really herself out there with that comment, not that she had meant to do so as quickly as she had. In truth, company would be nice especially for traveling all the way to Belfast.

"Hm. A half-breed, right? Since when did mermaids go around sleeping with sailors? As for the journey, this isn't exactly how we planned it to go."
    Kitsa took a sharp breath and held her arm.
    "And you were already going to Belfast? Quite the coincidence..."
    She paused, gathering her thoughts, and trying to come to a decision.
    "This blade of yours... Draw it."
    Seeing the puzzled expression in the half-mermaid's face, Kitsa snapped at her.
    "Come on. We don't have all day. Just draw your sword."
    omae wa mou shindeiru

Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast