Page 4 of 100 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirates

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

"What Kitsa means is that she wants to see how you fight," adds Ervan. "I guess that also means that I'm up to take you on, huh? Don't worry, I'll hold back." He stands up and draws his katana. "Come on then. Like the captain says, we certainly don't have all day." I've only had about two hours sleep, he thinks. Not good. Am I even thinking straight? Should I really be getting in a fight in this condition?

Earth hopefully, but sometimes I wonder...

Was this some sort of initiation? It certainly wasn't a bad idea on Kitsa's part, why would she want to travel with someone who couldn't take care of themselves. Grabbing her sword of the ground she rose to her feet.

They had probably picked one of their best fighters to match her, so she wasn't very confident that she could beat him. Except for the fact that he was a male.... that could come in handy as long as these people didn't believe in fighting dirty. Better to show of some sword moves first, then open her bag of tricks.

"Well, what are we wasting time chatting for then?" She laughed, the key was to look confident even if she wasn't.

Despite being burdened by a tail she was reasonably fast. Stepping quickly circled around Ervan and with one quick wrist movement planted a blow that he quite easily fended off. The match had begun.

Huh, thinks Ervan, she can wield a blade. Still, she's probably not as good as Kitsa... He starts a swipe to the left, quickly flicking it back to the right. Their weapons meet in the middle. "Nice." He disengages and steps back, then springs forward, sword held straight before him.

Siren felt the blade narrowly rush past her as he sprung forward, she was going to have to be more careful. Stepping back she almost immediately came forward again. The element of surprise on her side she had almost managed to knock the sword out of his hand, but his strength out matched hers and he made a clumsy but quick recovery, giving him the upper hand while she had just left herself exposed.

IC:

Keke smiled fondly at Ervan and moved to stand some few feet behind Siren. He's so easy to distract... and so cute as he does it too. She raised her hands behind her head and flipped her hair up as she stretched luxuriously with a sigh, eyes never leaving Ervan. If this mermaid does join our crew, Ervan will have himself a harem forming. she thought with amusement.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

Ervan twists his body, trying to maintain his balance after his untidy recovery. He finds it harder than normal. Damn whiskey. Still, he's on his feet. And then he sees Keke. Suddenly his brain slips into low gear. He blinks, sword waving uncertainly in his hand.

Siren only briefly caught a glimpse of what Keke was doing behind her. Ervan distracted she landed a blow on him that brought him back to his senses once more. Stupid, why hadn't she thought of doing that sooner? She was playing to offensive, time to play smart.
    Taking in a deep breath Ervan saw his chance to retaliate and landed a heavy blow to her shoulder and she fell back to the ground. Never the less she didn't panic and instead, she began to sing. Softly at first, but very melodically and anyone with ears could tell it wasn't exactly a human song.

As she got louder she looked Ervan in the eyes, he slowly began to lower his weapon and stood still. He was drooling slightly, but that was normal. She only ha few moments before he snapped out of it, and still on the ground she kicked his sword away from and jumped up, gong in behind him she brought him to his knees and held her blade to his throat just as he began to snap out of it.

"Dammit, that's twice now," says Ervan. "What did I ever do to you, Keke?"

IC:

"Well done, bravo! Let the men battle with brawn and the women with brain, I always say." She said as she clapped her hands vigorously for Siren. She extended a hand to offer Ervan help to his feet.

"That's the only way for a woman to win, agility and smarts. It's important to remember with the sword that there is always a man with as much skill and likely double the strength you possess. That's why I like to stick to ranged." Said Keke with a smile.

"Dammit, that's twice now," says Ervan. "What did I ever do to you, Keke?"

She gave Ervan's sword a contemptuous look, then she gave him a puzzled one in turn.

"You've done nothing but be your cute little self." She leaned up slightly to give him a kiss on the cheek. "I don't know why, but I have a strong feeling this lass should join our crew, call it a hunch." She whispered in his ear.

"She knows how to fight, I'll give her that, even though I am still a little drunk," he whispers back. "Of course," he says so Siren can hear as well, "it's the captain's decision. I'm just the swordsman in these situations." He sits down by a tree. "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to get some sleep." He leans back against the bark and drifts off.

"Damn, damn, double damn. One of us should have long since gathered enough wood to last through the night. I suppose I'll get on that, and take first watch when I get back. You get what sleep you can and I'll wake you when it's your turn for night watch." said Keke vexedly. "You know, you never read about troubles like these in the stories. Some fool man rushes off to save some fool woman with never a care about dinner or warmth in the night." She mumbles and grumbles as she ventures into the woods to gather more firewood.

The glade begins to darken as night approaches.

She returns before much time has passed with her arms loaded down with wood. She walks over to a tree and crouches, leaning against it after stoking the sad fire. Keke occasionally gives herself a jerk as her chin tries to fall to her chest. She stifles a yawn behind her fist. Why the fuck did I volunteer for first watch? she thought grumpily.

A few hours later Keke wakes Ervan up. "Is it my watch already?," he asks, blinking in the glow of the fire.

"No, I just wanted to have a midnight chat." She said not unkindly, "Why else would I wake you?" Says Keke as she plops down in front of the fire. She rolls and twists and turns trying to find a comfortable possition.

"I swear every way I turn I am laying on a rock or a root. And no, I'm not going to bitch and moan the entire journey, I'm only vexed because I allowed myself to be injured."

"You should try sleeping on a branch. No stones here, guaranteed!"
    Kitsa jumped down from the tree and faced Ervan and Keke.
    "Sorry about running off right after the spar. I had some unfinished business the attend to. On the bright side, we should have an uninterrupted journey to Belfast. There's also a ship there, due to leave soon after we arrive. If we act fast, we'll be able to steal it for ourselves."
    omae wa mou shindeiru

"Eh, I've had enough sleep to go for it," replies Ervan, getting up.

OOC: Belfast is about 75 miles from Drogheda. A very fast moving person would move about 30-40 miles a day. It'll take two days to get there at least, and probably half a third. If we move slow enough to try to hunt for dinner every day it may take longer. Heh. And the captain hasn't accepted or rejected Siren yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Keke Le Cat View Post
    OOC: Belfast is about 75 miles from Drogheda. A very fast moving person would move about 30-40 miles a day. It'll take two days to get there at least, and probably half a third. If we move slow enough to try to hunt for dinner every day it may take longer. Heh. And the captain hasn't accepted or rejected Siren yet.
    OOC:

As for Siren, I was away after the fight, and by the time I got back, the RP had progressed into night. So Siren is probably asleep by now.
    omae wa mou shindeiru

OOC: Why don't you make said ship a deep sea trading vassal at the mouth of the Boyne secured for the night? We could easily make it there before dawn and overpower the crew as they sleep.

OoC: Maybe you should ask us about the fight.

Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink-kitty2 View Post
    "You should try sleeping on a branch. No stones here, guaranteed!"
    Kitsa jumped down from the tree and faced Ervan and Keke.
    "Sorry about running off right after the spar. I had some unfinished business the attend to. On the bright side, we should have an uninterrupted journey to Belfast. There's also a ship there, due to leave soon after we arrive. If we act fast, we'll be able to steal it for ourselves."
    omae wa mou shindeiru

Quote Originally Posted by Pink-kitty2 View Post
    OOC:

As for Siren, I was away during the fight, and by the time I got back, the RP had progressed into night. So Siren is probably asleep by now.

OOC: Fair point. I'll fix that.
    omae wa mou shindeiru

IC:

"Why travel all the way to Belfast to procure a ship when there is one at the mouth of the river? I was so excited at meeting Siren I forgot to mention seeing it. Seems they've anchored for some repairs and a rest. We can make our way upstream and steal it while the crew yet sleeps." Smiling Keke leans up on her elbows.

Glancing over at Siren's sleeping form she says, "By the way, what are you going to do about her?" Keke motions toward the sleeping mermaid with her thumb.

"I think the three of us'll be enough to steal it," says Ervan. "A sleeping crew doesn't need fighting, just scaring."

IC:

Kitsa slaps her head.
    "There is? Ugh. Well that was a wasted journey. How far is it from here?"
    omae wa mou shindeiru

Page 4 of 100 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast