Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What did you name your Trainer and Rival?

Default What did you name your Trainer and Rival?

Just wondering... What did you name your trainer (in any game) and your rival (in any game you can name your rival)?

In Emerald I named my person Ray. Don't know why. I just thought it was an awesome name.

In Leaf Green I named my trainer Paul, because paul is awesome. And I named my rival Jub-Jub.

In Diamond I named my character Mia and my rival Boyd. I played too much Fire Emblem that day. Lol.

Keeper of the Moonlight Yumerai_08's Avatar

Well, i name mine as Yume, my rival's name is Rai in Pearl. In emerald, Same name too.
    The Pokemon waits for the heal of light... Let us make everybody happy. Pokemon rules!

What's the story behind your names?

Me: Marth or Roy. And my real name. (Logan)

Rival: Blake, Brendan, or Austin.
    derp

Beginning Trainer NowuCmexNowUdont's Avatar

I'm currently playing Crystal for old times sake (figured I'd play it before the internal battery dies). I named my character Amanda (my name) and my rival Dilweed.

Fave Pokemon: Cubone, Ninetales, Charizard, Lapras, and the Eevees.
    Pokemon Games played/owned: R/B/Y/S/C/Sa/Fr/P Pokemon Ranger

Kill you? Little ol' moi? Ninetails 009's Avatar
    Snazzy Southlands, Sizzling Sexy Singapore

Diamond: Yvonne VS Hicky

The new star of the RPG world!

With the trainer, I would give him wacky names. Most of them would relate to the rival in an opposing way. Occasionally I gave him a demeaning and/or insulting name.

With the rival however, particularly in RBY and GSC..... I often named him after historical despots, madmen or hated groups. Hitler (My trainer was named ChurchL), Stalin (HTruman), Commie (GorChev), and Nazi (Abraham). Occasionally, I would name him after a cuss word.

For the fourth generation, I call him CrzHair, and on one occasion Dash. (Yes, I just beat myself up.)
    People admire and respect their superiors, are repulsed and disgusted by their inferiors, and connect to their equals.

The extreme highs and lows in life get a strong reaction - Yet it the averages in life that most people connect to.

The class system is nothing more then different groups of people grouping with their fellow equals and feeling the sense of separation from their superiors and inferiors.

I love making the rivals have stupid names. I just love that when it appears: Rival Jub-Jub would like to battle LOL!

pearl

My name Emi my rival:Idiot!

Vercitorix

In Diamond the Hero is called Ashley and the Rival is called Aaron

In a world... where a voice from the heavens tells you to CUT LOOSE. Octazooka's Avatar

I remember playing with my rival being named Asswipe
    Paired with: Qoorl the Atomic Cowboy, Sasuke the Ninjassasin, Solly the Wise King, and Keke Le Cat

[Virgin Pride:yes:]

Lol.
    I used to call my rival Stupido in the old games. But this time, I give him a «serious name» so no interest at all.

And the name I get for me is Jouishy, a nickname a friend gave me when I was young. When you couldn't chose for a girl, I sometimes take Joey (as a deformation of my own name). And sometimes my true name anyway.

Pokemon games played : Blue/Gold/Pearl

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

I name my trainer Solly and I name my rival Douglas.

Oreos and cookie crunch! Hikari's Avatar

The first game on Diamond: Audrey vs. Astrix! (my real name vs. ...well, it just sounded cool)

The second game on Diamond: Hikari vs. Astrix! (username vs. see above)

The third game on Diamond: Dess vs. BIDOOF! (Dess from Scott Westerfeld's Midnighters [I was reading the books at the time, and she's pretty cool] vs. the buck-tooth beaver thing)

i always use pinku for my name usually(when i can) so, trainer: pinku and rival: dodo (like the bird)

Incognito Argh Peer; Somewhat Retired Ani Medley's Avatar

R/B Protagonist: Red
    R/B Rival: Blue

Yellow Protagonist: Ash
    Yellow Rival: Gary

G/S Protagonist: Hiro
    G/S Rival: Kamon
    (Omitting Crystal because I haven't played it)

R/S/E Protagonist: Male = Brendan; Female = May (yes, I'm a sucker for canons)
    R/S/E Rival: (Ditto. If you think I mean the Pokeyman, I'll...I'll gank you. )

Granted, if I get D/P/L, I'll go canon as well. Lucas/Dawn/etc.

The eternal scene, immortalised before those dastardly fanmakes.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeKazron
    See, that's the problem with trying to sound intelligent when you're an idiot. You screw up.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

You named your rival Ditto?!

(Couldn't resist)

NO SOLLY! DON'T DO IT!!!!!

New:

R/B: Red/Blue and Vice Versa. Name myself after the game.

G/S: Silver/Gold and vice versa. see above

R/S/E: Will/Janet (good friends of my mom and me)

D/P/L: Logan/Josh Real name vs my hardcore gaming rival. Who's twice my age. and always beats me. Kinda my way of getting back at him lol
    derp

Disembowelment is forthcoming Yojimbo's Avatar

The game I spent the most time on was Silver, so I'll share you all the names I picked for that.

Main Character: Oscar

Rival: Abc123

Because I would get a mental image of Michael Jackson every time I faced him and it would make me laugh, easing myself for the battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    Then we will dye easter eggs and watch stupid horror movies until she pisses her pants and I die.
    “I’m growing impatient with these malevolent slithering reptiles on this bloody aircraft.”
    - Snakes on a Plane (As if spoken by a proper Englishman)

G/S/C is the best.
    derp

Butts and boobies, cheaters and whores, you're a slut and a fan of all this and more... ThunderzLegacy's Avatar
    With my head in the clouds and my feet on the ground

I was only ever a big user of R/S/E, and every time I started a file I had a different name for my rival.
    My name was usually Megan (me, but of course), but a couple times on Ruby and Saphirre, after getting Emerald and transferring everything good over to that game, I juse used R/S to get TMs, rare items, etc. (Best non-cheat way to get great stuff like that, IMO ). So I just did all kinds of funky names for those ones, usually my rival was something stupid or occasionally vulgar (I'm mature like that), and mine always had something odd or oddly cool.
    Like Lezlie or, once, Super.
    Yes, Super. I thought it was so stupid it was funny.

I actually reused the name Lezlie in a Pokemon story I wrote once, about a good rocket.
    It was a good story, I even had it finished up in a notebook... I should post it on here, updated to my current standards of course...
    [CENTER]
    [SIZE="1"]Pairs: The Blind Eye of Deception [DSX] | The Ninjassassin [Sasuke] | The Hadouken! [The Azn Party Boy]

I always name mine with name's i like,
    such as in my firered game
    my name's Jay and my rival is called Robbie,
    exept in yellow where i named them ash and gary

Generation I games I would always name my character Ash and the rival Gary. This was a fairly standard practice back then since almost everyone who owned the games watched the anime aswell.

Generation II I named my character Ric and the rival either Ginger or Bluey because of his appearance.

Generation III named my character Ric again, rival was always defaulted a name which was pretty lame.

Generation IV I only got into this year, named my character Ric yet again and named the rival Jelly.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

Does Dragonite scare you? Dragonfright's Avatar

FR/LG: Me=Joe Rival=Bob (Yes it sounds original but Joe is my name and Bob is my brothers name)

Diamond: Me= Lucas Rival= Loser

On my emulator Emerald, I named myself "you hobo". very funny.
    "We're home, you hobo. go into your room and set your clock, you hobo"
    "My daughter's waiting on Route 102, you hobo"
    "Hey, you hobo, do you want to battle?"

While I'm on Emerald, something bad happened. before I was allowed to have any pokeballs, I found a shiny wingull. Had to kill it. on my emu ruby, the same thing happened with a zigzagoon. Wtf, mate? at least I caught shiny electrike and rayquaza in my cartridge sapphire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast