Thread: question about breeding in ruby/sapphire?

stylin966

Default question about breeding in ruby/sapphire?

so i just recently beat the game and decided to mess around with breeding. i looked up the guide of egg types here on the site and decided to breed my Swampert and my Pelipper together. when i got the egg and hatched it, i got a wingull instead of a mudkip like i was hoping for. so my question is whether or not there is anyway to determine which pokemon ur going to get in an egg from the two parent pokemon? is it random? is there anyway i can set it up to make sure i get one or the other? help me out here, cause breeding is still kind of tricky to me, thnx!

Registered Users Regular Silver Espeon's Avatar

-.- You think a male Swampert will reproduce?
    ~Paired with Delcatty, Dragon Berry, Hikari, Boycrazies, crusherwakeman42, The Editor, xXEmo_WolfieXx, PiplupPal, and Mystic Ninetales~

stylin966

idk to be completely honest, the only experience i have in breeding was from the gold/silver/crystal era, and i could breed w/e the hell i wanted with a ditto, so i have no clue how it works without cheating like that. does it not work that way?

Registered Users Regular Silver Espeon's Avatar

Okay, think of it this way: there are two humans, one male and one female. They get married, and they want children. Normally, the mother is the one who gives birth right? Well, with Pokemon, the baby is the female's offspring.
    But the baby will have the male's attacks.
    ~Paired with Delcatty, Dragon Berry, Hikari, Boycrazies, crusherwakeman42, The Editor, xXEmo_WolfieXx, PiplupPal, and Mystic Ninetales~

stylin966

ah ok, thanx alot!