Thread: Lord of the Rings: Conquest

Default Lord of the Rings: Conquest

OMG awesomeness

Really, that is all I can think.

CHECK it out!

http://pc.ign.com/articles/887/887629p1.html

This has to be the coolest thing...

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

I haven't played any of the LoTR games actually, but the IGN Preview of it looks real good.

Now I think I might just hijack this on the topic of LoTR, I've only seen the film trilogy and it was real big with it being filmed in our little country, in fact some scenes were shot just in our town Lower Hutt, up in Taita. There's memorabilia in our local art galleries like The Dowse, national museum Te Papa and down at the Weka Studio in Wellington.

That's pretty awesome. I recommend the book highly, it's so much better than the movie.

A GREAT RTS is Battle For Middle Earth. I have spent countless hours pwning as Gondor.

It has really great cavalry and its an all around good game.

http://www.ea.com/official/lordofthe...th/us/home.jsp

http://pc.ign.com/articles/570/570777p1.html

The multiplayer is really great. If you happen to get it let me know and I'll fire it up and take on a couple PCs with you.

Some of the best multiplayer gaming I have ever experienced was with Battle for Middle Earth. Me and my husband VS 6 hard computers, struggling hard not to have our gates battered down by the fucking trolls.

If you play as Mordor you get Ringwraiths and Nazgul, it's pretty sweet.

If you play as Gondor you get Boramir, Faramir, Gandalf and one of the hobbits as heroes.

If you play as Rohan you get Eowyn, Eomer, The King, Aragorn, Gimli, Legolas, and one of the hobbits.

Sarumon gets Lurtz and I don't remember who else. If you play as the white hand you get really great siege stuff, like catapults and bombs. Units are super cheap but some of them may as well be made of paper. But you get twice as many unit limit as the good guys, so you can literally make them and toss them at the good guy's walls.

If you play as Mordor you get really great offensive stuff.

Gondor has the best walls and Trebuchets, really great archer towers. Units cost more and resources gather more slowly.

Rohan has decent walls but smaller bases, and much better cavalry. Units are cheaper.

The good single player campaign is awesome. Seriously. It is one of the best RTS single players I have played, if not the best. And let me tell you, Gimli, Aragorn and Legolas could just about hold the gate at the Helm's Deep map. They are awesome heroes.

You can call the Eagle allies to help you, call Elven allies, and some other really neat abilities on timers.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

I'd love to get, but I don't think I have the money, time, or RAM to play.

I think in big games, Gondor has an advantage, but in one versus one they are not that great. My small-game faction is the Elves, whilst my big one is usually Mordor, or, on occasion, the Goblins. Goblins are just good for swarming. Huge spiderling rush. The LoTR equivalent of the Zerg

And yeah the game is great, as are any of the movies, but they pale in comparison to the books. Although I have to say, I like the Hobbit better than anything the trilogy had.

Anyway, I saw the game a few weeks back and I have been anxiously devouring any news since then. Hopefully we'll get some sort of tidbit from E3. Oh, and did you hear that they are making a Hobbit movie next year?

Oh god. 6 Zergling rush FOR THE LOSE. What the fuck. My poor little probes didn't stand a chance. Fucking Zerg.

I didn't hear about the Hobbit, but I have to look into it now.

I saw a snippet of it somewhere. One of the gaming stations.