Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In Search of News Crew

Lightbulb In Search of News Crew

As some of you may know, Pokemon Dream (the main website) has been very behind on news for the past few months. I'm deciding to set up a new news system on the forums, taking advantage of our wondering vBulletin, so that we'll have one forum dedicated to Pokemon news. There will then be links on the front page of PokeDream to these news threads and registered members will be able to discuss these news subjects.

The purpose of this post is to look for a team of good writers who can take on the task of posting news under this new system -- only these staff members will be able to post in this new News Forum. If you're up for the job, reply. I welcome any suggestions for how this new system will work.

Registered Users Regular Walrus's Avatar

Sure, sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dead Walrus View Post
    Sure, sounds interesting.
    Nice. Now can please you dig up some news and write a nice paragraph? I want to see some writing.

We'll start this News Forum as soon as you're approved for the position.

I didn't like the stuff I saw in the news, so I hope this will suffice. I wrote this for school two months ago:

Pretend you are the parent of a female teenager who is severely mentally retarded. She will be able to live an assisted living environment (people check in with her once a day), but she will never have the skills required to raise a child. Furthermore, you know that your daughter will become sexually active when she leaves your home. Construct an argument for a judge convincing her that your child should be sterilized based on the fact that she cannot give informed consent.

It is a blatantly obvious fact that my daughter Anna is mentally impaired, severely affecting her functioning in everyday life. No amount of work or therapy will ever change her into society's idea of "normal." Nevertheless, I love Anna, and therefore I don't want to see her get hurt. This is why I'm asking you, Your Honor, to consider my request to sterilize my daughter.

When my husband and I were offered the opportunity to put Anna in an assisted living environment, we jumped at the chance. However, this decision opened up a whole new can of worms - one of them being Anna's upcoming chance at sexual activity. Having raised, observed, and interacted with Anna from the moment she was born, it is my opinion that, in the case of sexual activity and eventual pregnancy, my daughter would never be able to raise a child on her own. Not only is she mentally retarded, but she has severe autism and expresses little, if any, interest in other human beings. Her indifference to humans, I'm afraid, would also apply to the baby, and I know that a baby would be no different to Anna than a doll.

Even now, Anna does not understand that humans have feelings, thoughts, sensations, dreams -- to her, we're just emotionless things that interact with her but serve no other purpose. She is, to say the least, egotistical and incapable of seeing beyond herself. So a baby would, in fact, be just another emotionless object, and in her mind, would need no extra care. I shudder at the thought of how neglected a child of hers might be.

Suppose Annna got pregnant and subsequently got an abortion. This, some might argue, would be the best option rather than sterilization. However, as a person such as Anna does not understand the consequences of sex, pregnancy would likely happen again. To prevent the emotional stress on Anna and everyone else involved (and the monetary cost), I would think that sterilization would be the best way. Besides, Anna would never want children - for she does not understand the concept of children - and therefore, she suffers no loss.

In my closing argument, I argue that my daughter Anna be sterilized to prevent pain of both the baby and Anna. Anna is not a suitable parent and cannot understand the concept of taking care of a child. I implore you, Your Honor: please sterilize my child.

Hope that's good enough for you

Alright, you're approved. Check your Private Message.

a figment of your imagination Pandarocker^K.I.T.Tmaster's Avatar

I write the Trailblazer times I'll try If you still need help.
    This is something I wrote based on a movie I had to watch for Trailblazers

Affects of smocking

If you were a 12 year old child your dad left years ago. Your mom started somkeing when she was 11. Now your mom lungs are blackened and in realy bad shape. Your mom is gasping for every breath. She has to take a load of pills and drugs every day to stay alive. Docters say she will olny live a cupple more years. Your mom does not have enought streanth to walk across the or drive a car. See is bedridden and stuck in a wheelchair. Insteadof you being able to go play with your friends you have to be with your mom pushing her around in the wheelchair. In school you have to call her every day at lunch to see if she is still alive. THat is how it is for some children and If you start smokeing that could happen to you.

and here is one of my newspapers:

CAMPING TRIP
    ON MARCH 24, 2006 THE TRAILBLAZERS WILL BE GOING ON A CAPMING TRIP TO JOHN’S ISLAND. WE WILL BE SEEING A REENACTMENT OF THE BATTLE OF CHARLESTON, WHICH WAS A REVOLUTIONARY WAR BATTLE.

FACT: THE BATTLE OF CHARLESTON OCCURRED FROM MARCH 29-MAY12, 1780 IN CHARLESTON,SOUTH CAROLINA

AMERICANS COMMANDED BY MAJ.GEN.BENJAMIN LINCOLN
    FORCES KILLED WOUNDED CAPTURED
    5000 92 148 4650
    BRITISH COMMANDED BY LT.GEN.HENRY CLINTON BRITISHVICTORY
    FORCES KILLED WOUNDED CAPTURED
    14000 79 189 70

THE AMERICANS MADE A BAD DECISION TO BRING ALL THEIR SOLDIERS INTO THE CITY OF CHARLESTON TO DEFEND THE CITY. THIS ALLOWED THE BRITISH TO BESIEGE THE CITY AND EVENTUALLY THE CITY AND THE ARMY HAD TO SURRENDER.

DUMB STATE LAWS THAT ARE STILL ON THE BOOK! WASHINGTON: NO RIDING UGLY HORSES
    CALIFORNIA: NO VEHICLE WITH NO DRIVER MAY GO OVER 60MILES PER HOUR
    TOADS ARE NOT TO BE LICKED
    MARYLAND: NO TAKEING LIONS TO MOVIES
    CONNECTICUT: IN ORBER FOR A PICKLE TO BE OFFICALLY TO BE CONSIDERED A PICKLE IT MUST BOUNCE
    MINNESOTA: YOU MAY NOT CROSS THE STATE LINE WITH A DUCK ATOP YOUR HEAD

pairs:signal Flare,Flyingfeebas349,thebryman27

You're all caps scares me a little

But you're approved. You can now start posting news. Remember, you can also upload any necessary image attachments for the news piece.

So basically any news related to Pokemon?

Strawberry Lemonaid Signal Flare's Avatar

Yeah, no caps. eheheehehehe
    Pairs: MPT, Panda Rocker, MEX, SuikunMyuu, Zapdos, CL, Link, Revan, DSX, Kelsh, and Goku!

Midna

I wouldn't mind. I'll try writing a paragraph on some recent Pokemon news.

Sorry I typed it along time ago and copyed and pasted it.

Red530

That sounds cool, but I don't think I would be that dedicated into doing it every so often. You know how I was with PokeDream the site. XD

I can look for things really well, pitures, gossips, news, you name it, I'm like a Mickraker in the internent, I'm well informed...

oh, and I'm good at interviewing people

Of course I'm out of my mind. Its dark and scary in there :'( Kanami's Avatar

I'm interested. Is this good enough?

Double the Cancer risk. Double the chances of surviving

"This year alone,more than 73,000 women in the U.S. are expected to die from lung cancer this year."
    - American Cancer Society

Research shows female smokers are twice as likely to develop lung cancer than male smokers. However the risk of female smokers dying of lung cancer is cut in half. This international study included 7,500 female and 9,400 male smokers or former smokers that where tested for lung cancer.

In this research,lung cancer incidence and outcomes were compared for male and female smokers screened for this disease between 1993 and 2005.

None of the study participants had the symptoms of lung cancer,such as continous cough or shortness of breath. However,cancer was dicovered in 2% (156) of the Female smokers and in slightly more than 1% (113) of the male smokers screened. Of those with lung cancer 89% of the female and 80% of the male smokers where in the early stages of cancer. 90% of the screened female smokers and 88% male smokers had tumors and had them removed by surgery.
    Other research found that women with the later-stage have reacted well to chemotherapy and survived longer than men.

Research confirms gender differences in lung cancer,but it is not known why men and women with the similar smoking histories have different risks.

The penalty for masturbation in Indonesia is decapitation.

*claps*

Kanami and Azn Party Boy...y'all may now post in the News Center. Please use the attachment feature to include any graphics.

pikablu
    I want to try to be in it.

Fake Pokemon

Have you heard about them, pokemon such as Tenzaru, Kisanda, and Aobasubasu. Well, I can now say that not all of them are entirely true. Some of these pokemon have been noted as fake by the experts from http://serebii.net.

Many of these fake pokemon still haven't been named for their purpost was as an April fools joke, since the new pokemon games, Diamond and Pearl, are coming out April 22. One example is a pokemon that they are trying to make people beleive is one that is said to be the pre-evolutionary form of lucario. Proof about this is from PokeJungle Demo screenshot. There have been no reports of it prior and the levelling is all wrong. Obvious distortion around it where Other Pokémon was likely to be detailed.

So think that the next time you see a really non-detailed pokemon, you can think about what I just said.

Midna

Pokemon Battle Revolution is Released- in Japan.

Imagine a huge crowd. Screaming fangirls, huge queues that snake around the streets. What could this phenomenon be?

Why, only the release of the latest Pokemon game in Japan.

The latest Pokemon game sports customizable trainers, online play and wireless linking with the latest handheld Pokemon games. Quite frankly, this is a dream for competitive battlers and casual fans alike- there is no longer any need to get up from the sofa and walk all the way to your friends house, or download and install the (now obsolete) Netbattle.

Releasing on the Wii system merely weeks after launch, Pokemon Battle Revolution will surely continue to be this popular when it reaches the US or Europe- the latter of which is Nintendo's weakest territory -and be as phenomenally popular as the Wii console itself.

Is it too late to join?
    I am up for it 100%
    -.---.----..

PD's Favorite Anti-Hero

It's not too late Nanaki, someone can even join next year! I'm writing an article so I could do it too. XD

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

I'd like to be one. I've been one before. Infact, being one made me become closer to the admin on the forum. I was the best of all the reporters there. (I'm not the only one who thinks this, the other reporters actually said that I was better.) I have some sample articles if you want to read them. I reported on any news from nintendo. (Ie: New games, tours, consoles.) I know you'll probably spit upon me and rub me out, but this is probably my only chance to earn even the smallest amount of respect from other members.

the world is spinnin but im not afraid Cool Latios's Avatar

hey i actually like you

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cool Latios View Post
    hey i actually like you
    I think only you and SuikinMyuu actually like me, and Exo.

Am I supposed to write a sample rticle? Gimme a subject Mewtwo and I can right a bit.

Hitmontopz

i want to join

i want to join the crew sounds really interesting

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast