Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In Search of News Crew

Pokémon Professor Mike

Quote Originally Posted by pkmnpearl View Post
    I didn't like the stuff I saw in the news, so I hope this will suffice. I wrote this for school two months ago:

Pretend you are the parent of a female teenager who is severely mentally retarded. She will be able to live an assisted living environment (people check in with her once a day), but she will never have the skills required to raise a child. Furthermore, you know that your daughter will become sexually active when she leaves your home. Construct an argument for a judge convincing her that your child should be sterilized based on the fact that she cannot give informed consent.

It is a blatantly obvious fact that my daughter Anna is mentally impaired, severely affecting her functioning in everyday life. No amount of work or therapy will ever change her into society's idea of "normal." Nevertheless, I love Anna, and therefore I don't want to see her get hurt. This is why I'm asking you, Your Honor, to consider my request to sterilize my daughter.

When my husband and I were offered the opportunity to put Anna in an assisted living environment, we jumped at the chance. However, this decision opened up a whole new can of worms - one of them being Anna's upcoming chance at sexual activity. Having raised, observed, and interacted with Anna from the moment she was born, it is my opinion that, in the case of sexual activity and eventual pregnancy, my daughter would never be able to raise a child on her own. Not only is she mentally retarded, but she has severe autism and expresses little, if any, interest in other human beings. Her indifference to humans, I'm afraid, would also apply to the baby, and I know that a baby would be no different to Anna than a doll.

Even now, Anna does not understand that humans have feelings, thoughts, sensations, dreams -- to her, we're just emotionless things that interact with her but serve no other purpose. She is, to say the least, egotistical and incapable of seeing beyond herself.
    So a baby would, in fact, be just another emotionless object, and in her mind, would need no extra care. I shudder at the thought of how neglected a child of hers might be.

Suppose Annna got pregnant and subsequently got an abortion. This, some might argue, would be the best option rather than sterilization. However, as a person such as Anna does not understand the consequences of sex, pregnancy would likely happen again. To prevent the emotional stress on Anna and everyone else involved (and the monetary cost), I would think that sterilization would be the best way. Besides, Anna would never want children - for she does not understand the concept of children - and therefore, she suffers no loss.

In my closing argument, I argue that my daughter Anna be sterilized to prevent pain of both the baby and Anna. Anna is not a suitable parent and cannot understand the concept of taking care of a child. I implore you, Your Honor: please sterilize my child.

Hope that's good enough for you

Ouch, talk about a personal hit. Not all 'Autists' are like that though...

pkmnpearl
    Quote Originally Posted by Mewtwo View Post
    That sounds good, however, I will need you to agree to post news at least twice a week. If you can't do that, you better not join the team. I'm totally sick and tired of so-called News Posters who post once and never again. So, are you up for the job?

ok ill try my best

the world is spinnin but im not afraid Cool Latios's Avatar

I didn't like the stuff I saw in the news, so I hope this will suffice. I wrote this for school two months ago:

Pretend you are the parent of a female teenager who is severely mentally retarded. She will be able to live an assisted living environment (people check in with her once a day), but she will never have the skills required to raise a child. Furthermore, you know that your daughter will become sexually active when she leaves your home. Construct an argument for a judge convincing her that your child should be sterilized based on the fact that she cannot give informed consent.

It is a blatantly obvious fact that my daughter Anna is mentally impaired, severely affecting her functioning in everyday life. No amount of work or therapy will ever change her into society's idea of "normal." Nevertheless, I love Anna, and therefore I don't want to see her get hurt. This is why I'm asking you, Your Honor, to consider my request to sterilize my daughter.

When my husband and I were offered the opportunity to put Anna in an assisted living environment, we jumped at the chance. However, this decision opened up a whole new can of worms - one of them being Anna's upcoming chance at sexual activity. Having raised, observed, and interacted with Anna from the moment she was born, it is my opinion that, in the case of sexual activity and eventual pregnancy, my daughter would never be able to raise a child on her own. Not only is she mentally retarded, but she has severe autism and expresses little, if any, interest in other human beings. Her indifference to humans, I'm afraid, would also apply to the baby, and I know that a baby would be no different to Anna than a doll.

Even now, Anna does not understand that humans have feelings, thoughts, sensations, dreams -- to her, we're just emotionless things that interact with her but serve no other purpose. She is, to say the least, egotistical and incapable of seeing beyond herself. So a baby would, in fact, be just another emotionless object, and in her mind, would need no extra care. I shudder at the thought of how neglected a child of hers might be.

Suppose Annna got pregnant and subsequently got an abortion. This, some might argue, would be the best option rather than sterilization. However, as a person such as Anna does not understand the consequences of sex, pregnancy would likely happen again. To prevent the emotional stress on Anna and everyone else involved (and the monetary cost), I would think that sterilization would be the best way. Besides, Anna would never want children - for she does not understand the concept of children - and therefore, she suffers no loss.

In my closing argument, I argue that my daughter Anna be sterilized to prevent pain of both the baby and Anna. Anna is not a suitable parent and cannot understand the concept of taking care of a child. I implore you, Your Honor: please sterilize my child.

ehm dude? That's Walrus' entry -_-

pkmnpearl

isit well i made it up

so i dunno he must of copied

gosh she posted it before you >_>

pkmnpearl

well i told him it wen mewtwo made this thread and he must of copied it andwrite it before me

wll i forgot then and while later i posted it

what?

Registered Users Regular

Where are you Mewtwo?I need to become in newscrew!

erm. Mewtwo has a brain, you know -_-;

Registered Users Regular

Shut uo CL.You know ou have a big mouth for a 11 year old kid.

Even now, Anna does not understand that humans have feelings, thoughts, sensations, dreams -- to her, we're just emotionless things that interact with her but serve no other purpose. She is, to say the least, egotistical and incapable of seeing beyond herself. So a baby would, in fact, be just another emotionless object, and in her mind, would need no extra care. I shudder at the thought of how neglected a child of hers might be.

what the fuck, pkmnpearl. I posted it in a previous page of this thread. It was something I wrote for my Ethics and Morality class, and you just plagarized my writing. Write something original, dickface.

well i told him it wen mewtwo made this thread and he must of copied it andwrite it before me

wll i forgot then and while later i posted it
    How could you "tell" me an essay that is so complicated, and then "forget it" and write it word for word months later? Besides, when the fuck have I ever talked to you? And guess what? You don't even know what gender I am, because I'm a girl, not a guy, and if you don't know what gender I am I highly doubt you could have talked to me.

Mewtwo, mind deleting his post for me? He's a fake. Goddammit, this pisses me off. Pkmnpearl, sorry you can't write for shit and have to plagarize to come up with anything decent. Why don't you stick your head in a blender and then try writing something original, 'kay?

I took the liberty of removing pkmnpearl's post.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

Registered Users Regular

Ya!!!

shaddup, dawwwwwwwwg.

Everyone is shitty and weird. Me? I'm normal and cool. Giant Squid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bayleef Master View Post
    Shut uo CL.You know ou have a big mouth for a 11 year old kid.
    No, he's right.

pkmnpearl

ok hi im so sorry about that ok
    i dont normally do things like that

ppls i want to join but my mind is all imagenation.NOT!! but i do want to join.i could do comics?

PM me for my first comic

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

News, not newspaper.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Necropost for hilarious thread.

I want to be a news poster. Or atleast I can just tell you guys when stuff is happening so it can be on the site.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123