Thread: How to capture Uxie and Azelf?

Default How to capture Uxie and Azelf?

Yeah, anything I try, it doesn't work.

I put them in the red zone (energy) then put them asleep and try ultra ball (and some timer ball also), but no way I get them. The ball shake 1, 2 or sometimes 3 times (more often not at all). It's certainly not because I'm not patient, cause I throw about 25 balls and have made 3 tries (I restart my game cause I have killed the pokemon). I changed my first strategy a little bit, cause the first times, i was using my Abomasnow with his power of making snow each time he enters a battle. I was sure, this way, to have the pokemon with the lowest HP possible, but it always kill it before i could actually capture it.

So, how did you do? Do we absolutely need to use the master ball? (so to choose between Uxie, Azelf and Mesprit)

Oh, and is it normal that Mesprit flee when i go see it? Or is it just because i went before i battle the elite 4 ?

Thanks in advance.

Edit : Ok, finally, 35 ultra balls and 8 timer balls later, I got it (and 3 hyper potions, 1 revive and 1 berry - the one which gives pp back - too). I got Uxie. But if you found a better way, i'll take it on my way to Azelf (and i'm a little bit impatient cause seeing Azelf is the only think I need to have de national dex ^^). But if the only way is really to throw 40 balls then... i'll go bought 50 new ultra balls I try again with Azelf (and latter with Mesprit... oh, so much fun! XD)

Pokemon games played : Blue/Gold/Pearl

Junglebook

Yes, it is normal that Mesprit runs away and a lot of people use their master ball on him. You don't need to only buy ultra balls and timer balls for azelf. I caught Mesprit with a regular pokeball. How I caught azelf was to put it to sleep with uxie before it used uproar. Then I used confusion until it was on as low hp as I could get it. Don't try to rush and use a super effective attack. Otherwise it'll probably faint and you'll have to try again.
    Good luck trying to catch azelf.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Dusk balls + False swipe

There are several ways I'd use.
    Protect with the Leppa berry is one, then stall till you can use timer balls.
    Or False Swipe and Dusk Ball.
    And yeah, it's normal for Mesprit to run away.

OH WONDERFUL GODDESS OF ALL THAT IS AWESOME AND PURE, YOU ARE TRUELY BETTER THAN ME. *bows*
    --My friend Tyler in the BMf chat to me

Don't drink and drive when you can smoke and fly xlr0's Avatar

I absolutely hate pokemon that run away.

Click here to level up my card!

Show me ya moves!

92% of teens would die if Abercrombie & Fitch said it wasnt cool to breathe. Put this in your sig if you are one of the 8% who would be laughing their ass off

Yeah, I calculate my chances of capture these and it were like 4,5% (put to sleep and low on HP with ultra balls). So I were a little bit unlucky, but I catch the 2 of them.

Now, I have to run after Mesprit. I suppose the strategy is the same as in the gold version with suicune and co.

Well, it'll take a great time.

Pokemon games played : Blue/Gold/Pearl

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Same strategy. Remember to use a pokemon that can put to sleep or something similar to that.

Why use ultraballs? Dusk balls are 1.3 times more effective than Ultraballs (and just as powerful as a maxed-out timer ball). The lake caves count as dark caves, correct? buy a bunch of dusk balls. I also think they're cheaper than ultraballs.