Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirates: Chapter Two

Default Pirates: Chapter Two

Hey guys! Let's start working on the next 100 pages.

[initiate silly synopsis version 1.0]

Prologue:
    Kitsa and Ervan duel daily in Dublin. One day Keke noticed them and is all like *bewbs* and Ervan is like 0.0 *Drool/trip* and Kitsa is like *stab* "Haha. I win." And then they were like hey lets be friends and go pirating and stuff. Then Dani and Hikari decide to go too and Hikari is like hey I'll get supplies and then she got kidnapped by goblins. Sort of random, I know. But there you have it.

Day 1:
    The story begins in Dublin with Hikari getting kidnapped by a band of Goblins while bartering for supplies at the Market. The original crew members were: Ervan, Keke, Captain Kitty, Dani, and Hikari.

Ervan got drunk and fumbled trying to cheat at cards, Keke somehow got included and wackiness ensued. Keke had an archery competition with some dude for some random reason and Dani incited a riot with a misfired spell.

They receive word that Hikari is being kept on an island off the coast of Northern Ireland near Belfast so they set off toward Belfast on foot. But then Dani is like I CAN HAS UNICORN YES. And they rode.

Somewhere between Drogheda and the sea on the River Boyne Keke bumped into Siren and she decided to join their party.

Kitsa orders Ervan and Siren to duel again and Keke is totally like *bewbs AGAIN* and Ervan is like 0.0 *Fumble/drool* and Siren is like *stab* "Haha. I win."

That night Kitsa, Keke and Ervan stole a ship called "The Black Swan" from the mouth of the Boyne and they set to sea.

Day 2:
    Keke is like oh look there is stuff in the hold and the ship has a smuggler's hold and stuff. Then they find girl fripperies, a lot of diamonds, and a potion vial.

Dani is like “oh man ya'll missed a badguy” and Keke is like *kills and loots* and she finds a locket with a falcon on it that totally has a magic bird cursed to it and stuff.

Kitsa is like *disappears* then *reappears*

Day 3:

Goblins attacked. And Keke was like OMG this is HRM boat! WTF!

Turns out the goblins were lead by someone Dani and Hikari knew from their time in the orphanage. And Dani is like *swoons* “I WANT!” *drools*

Day 4:
    Land ho!
    They kill goblins. Lots of them.

Freyr saves Keke's ass from a lot of gobbies.

They rescue Hikari and some strange girl who runs away later after giving Keke an amulet.

Siren finds a puppy which Keke names Waverunner.

Day 5: (page16 or so)
    Ervan had been totally macking on Keke but then Khorne says 'dude you gotta kill SOMETHING' and Ervan was all like. 'wait a tick! Keke's something' And he totally tried to kill her with swords! Freyr intervenes and bonds Keke and Ervan through their minds causing them to feel each others emotions, pain, pleasure, etc. It was crazy shit yo. (one of my favorite bits though)

Day 6:
    Kitsa's dad is all like “Dude. Chaos.” in her dream.

Keke and Ervan have a fight. Ervan is like *gets drunk* and Keke is like KEKE SMASH!! (page 20-22, actually made me )

Ervan obtains the Mark of Khorne.

Keke burns some bacon.

Day 7:
    They go to Liverpool to stop the Apocalypse.

They decide to look for an Oracle at Avalon.

They hang out in Liverpool. Totally chilling then Siren gets a wig.

Day 8:
    Keke visits a temple of freyr and is accosted, Ervan saves her ass with very little gratitude received.

Ervan and Keke are all like SHOPPING SPREE. And buy new clothes and shoes and potions. AND A FUCKING PIMP ASS FEDORA OMG.

Dani and Hikari run off with Jack, many orgies follow.

Ervan, Keke, Kitsa and Siren set off for Avalon

Day 9:
    They were ambushed by goblins.

Kitsa murdered a shopkeeper.

Keke spots a group of Irish Elven mages lead by Selene.

Day 10:
    They are attacked by orcs in the night. Keke saves Ervan's ass with no thanks whatsoever.

Cho'kar appears from nowhere right after the orc battle. He is greeted by suspicion from Keke but everyone else seems to take it as par for the course that an orc decides to be friendly right after they were attacked by orcs

Day 11:
    They fight more orcs.

Ervan walks up on Keke while she's getting dressed. Hubba hubba.

Day 12:
    Cho'kar and Keke have their first argument over Honor. He's like, “Wait. We should be besties, how can you distrust me?” and she's like “ORC!” (page 37)

It rains.

They kill a wyvern.

Keke and Selene have a staring competition and Selene walks away. (page 38)

NPC “Harod” is introduced in Keke's inner-monologue and then Keke has a war-crazy flashback dream. (page 39)

Keke gives Ervan a long bow and Siren a coral short bow. (page 40)
    They go to "The White Ring" Tavern/Bordello.

Ervan is all like hey keke guess what? *rejection*

They meet Dart.

Keke and Cho'kar are kidnapped by Dark Elves and were nearly sacrificed to Slaneesh. (page 46)

Day 13:
    They head to Birmingham.

Siren gives Keke a little crystal flower.

Keke buys new clothes and bumps into an old friend. NPC “Daerid” is introduced. (page 50)

Ervan, Dart, Keke and NPC “Barry” play poker.

Cho'kar obtains a Gauvedan.

Daerid and Cho'kar have a staredown.

Keke buys a horse.

Dart buys a mule.

NPC “Unnamed” is introduced. A man wearing a green coat, with two swords criss-crossing his back and a dragon tattoo on his face. (Page 55)

NPC “Had” introduced

Siren obtains a Kirin

Cho'kar gives Keke a necklace.

They camp at elven ruins.

Ervan is all like hey keke guess what? *rejection* (page 59)

Keke is like hey Cho'kar, I liked that necklace, I needs to rebound. Heal my heart. Kplzthx.

Day 14:
    Dart teaches Siren archery.

Dani reappears.

NPCs “Servitors” are introduced

Day 15:
    Hikari returns

Ervan is all like hey keke guess what? *rejection*

Cho'kar and Keke have a “moment.”

They all fight Dark Hounds. (page 67)

Day 16:
    They attend the Festival of Birds in Worchester.

NPC “Maurietta De la Santiago ” introduced
    NPC “Jasin Natael” introduced
    NPC “Prince Crispin” introduced

Cho'kar and Crispin duel.

Siren and Daerid dance.

Cho'kar and Maurietta “sleep” together.

Ervan is all like hey keke guess what? *another rejection*

Day 17:
    Siren meets her dad.

Ervan buys some cards.

Day 18:
    Siren has a fever and everyone wanders around Worchester

Day 19:
    Ervan buys a horse.

Dart teaches Ervan to ride.

Keke stabs Daerid

Day 20:
    They meet at the South Gate. Keke is nearly robbed by Sigurd. And she is like dude I'll fuck you up and he's like *cringe*

Cho'kar breaks Daerid's nose, and everyone is like woah what

Keke is a bitch to Jerg. He is like dude okay whatever you say ho

Kitsa gets attacked by an invisible force, Daerid prattles about the light and Ervan puts her in a tree. more WTF ensues.

(OOC: I blaspheme but don't worry it's a victimless crime)

Keke chases Cho'kar and they have a confrontation, Keke pouts and runs away.

Cho'kar gets in a fight with some sand skeleton things aka the Servitors of the God King. Keke goes back to help and gets eaten by a hill and some bugs or something so Ervan sets her on fire. WTF. They kill those bitch skeletons though. With explosions and shit. Then Daerid healed the motha fuckas up, he was like TAKE it and like it bitches!

Day 21:
    Cho'kar ran away with his tail between his legs and Keke was like wtf.

Jerg and Keke had a talk and she was like damn you fine if I was on fire would you put it out yo? Then she was a bitch again and was totally pissed at Cho'kar.

And then she went trailing after Cho'kar like a bitch in heat and Ervan was like yea I'll go. And so everyone went too.

Day 22-24:
    They was all like running and shit. Shoulda seen it. It was dope. Traveling montage ensues.

Day 25:
    They finally caught up with Cho'kar at Glastonbury and Keke was like pissed and shit.

Then Ervan gave Siren presents and Keke was like... MUST... KILL... and Jerg was like *touch* and she was like *melts* and everyone was like having flashbacks and shit in the Phoenix's den. (page 91)

Then they was all like I'm your man Cho'kar *swears oaths*

Chokie got a letter from Maurietta and she was all like being a ho and shit, ran off with Jasin (keke's boi) and they was both like people are dogs yo.

Daerid was like all pissed n shit and started totally trying to murder Ervan and he was like having none of it. So they fought and then Keke was like NO WAI and Daerid was like *stabs* and Keke almost died n stuff. Then Cho'kar went like berserk or something and cut off Daerid's hands n shit. It was whack.

Keke was like woah wtf you killed my near-brother? And they was like I had to! And she was like o okay then. I'm cool. It's cool. Let's go to the Oracle.

Daerid was like totally invading Cho'kar's mind and shit.

They go have visions and stuff in the Oracle in Avalon. (page 94)

Kitsa is like O hai. I'm back, but I'm a demon or something. Not really sure how any of this works but there you have it. Rawr.

Cho'kar paddles Keke's rear end like the willful child she is she's like oh hey I kinda like it big boi. Then Ervan gets hurt fighting Calamity and she's like OH NOES OMG WTF. And stuff.

Then Dani and Keke have an argument, Dani is like HEY KITSA IS ALIVE and Keke is like omg stfu foo before I jack you. Nigga yous crazy.

Keke and Chokar go off to canoodle with some funeral wood and hatch a wyvern or something.

They have Daerid's funeral and here we are.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Profiles:

Camilla Kelsy~Keke
    http://pokedream.com/forums/showpost...06&postcount=5

Siren~Muttsy
    http://pokedream.com/forums/showpost...2&postcount=39

Kitsa Tangeforte~PK
    http://pokedream.com/forums/showpost...67&postcount=6

Ervan Remoh~Ed
    http://pokedream.com/forums/showpost...4&postcount=13

Dani~Dani
    http://pokedream.com/forums/showpost...5&postcount=23

Audrey~Hikari
    http://pokedream.com/forums/showpost...&postcount=385

Darirt Paine~Solly
    http://pokedream.com/forums/showpost...postcount=1002

Cho'kar~Qoorl
    http://pokedream.com/forums/showpost...&postcount=848

Stella Artois~Keke
    http://pokedream.com/forums/showpost...2&postcount=20

Daerid Galadrid~Keke/Qoorl/Boz
    http://pokedream.com/forums/showpost...3&postcount=21

Jessica Kandal~Ed
    http://pokedream.com/forums/showpost...&postcount=230

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Allow the role playing to commence!
    Last edited by Keke Le Cat; 08-11-2008 at 07:41 AM.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

As the members of the Red Hands said their farewells to Daerid's body, Cho'kar stepped forward and lit the pyre aflame. He watched first as the wood began to burn, then turned his attention to Keke, watching the flames play across her face. The Orc watched her for sometime until the dead raised it's ugly head once again.

"Do you see how Siren mourns for me? Does it not break your heart savage?" Daerid piped up within Cho'kar.

"I assume that she felt guilty for how she treated you, and it wasn't entirely undeserved. Though I suppose she was unnecessarily harsh to you at times."

"I must console her. But... I am without form. Perhaps I can manifest as a vapor and whisper in her ear," the elf began, but he was quickly cut off.

"I do not believe that would work. I am afraid that we are intwined for the moment. You are within me and until one of us figures out how to excorcise you, I think that I am the only one that can communicate with you."

"Hey...." Daerid's voice took on a sly undertone and even though he was only a disembodied voice, the orc could sense what he was thinking.

"Absolutely not," Cho'kar said. He then tried to tune the elven ghost voice out and return his attention to Keke.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Oreos and cookie crunch! Hikari's Avatar

OOC: AHAHAHAHA KEKE
    And to think, this all started with a single post by Ed in thread "So PD." in the SPAM forum:

Quote Originally Posted by The Editor
    Captain, the kitchen is on fire. Again.
    IC: Even though she wasn't really paying attention to Daerid's funeral, Audrey was feeling slightly depressed. The whole air of the ceremony had a lamentable touch to it. She hated it.

Keke stared silently as the flames consumed Daerid. He had been a good man, and deserved better than this. He deserved the pipes to play him into the afterlife, this was no proper funeral, not even for a war-funeral.

"He was a good man, perhaps the best of us." She whispered, though she knew none would agree with her. The funeral dirge should be playing, and I should have been the one to die. He should have went on. She thought grimly.

"He was Honorable, and he knew his Obligation. He did not shirk." She said in an equally low voice. She barely noticed when the tears began to flow from her eyes and drip onto her shirt. She imposed a penance onto herself, she forced herself to stand and watch until the fire completely burned away.

OOC: Whoo! Good summary!

Dani noticed Cho'kar talking to himself. She walked over to him. "You okay mate? You seem a bit disturbed upstairs.." she said quietly to him. "That's what you get when you let your heart win."
    She turned to walk back to Dart.
    "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
    But in ourselves, that we are underlings."
    ~

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

OOC: That summary hurt my head. Did you have to use "like" so many times?

IC: Dart watched as the body of the noble elf went up in flame. Daerid had a good heart and a good soul, but his confusion in his obligations led to his end. He was superficial, and regarded people by race and decent, rather than the people themselves. He was a lost soul, one that could have been great, but instead brought death upon himself. The noblest of us are always the most stupid. The face was finally engulfed in flames. The one thing he had had that was likable, his looks, now the last thing to be destroyed. The pointy ears were the last to go and then he was gone. Now all there was was fire. Eventually everything would end in fire.

As the funeral ended Dart stood up, "May his soul live on in teh 'alls o' Freyr, and may we all learn from the sordid tale of Daerid. Amen," Dart paused to let it sink in, and then he spoke up, "So where are we 'eaded ta now?"

OOC: Only one teh in that last post.

OOC: I'm not a perfectionist. I actually couldn't understand some parts and had reread a few sentences to understand them. But yes, you worked hard and your summary is much better than I anything my lazy ass could do.

((ooc: stow that OOC privates this is a place for storytelling not ramble))

As Keke began to cry, Cho'kar moved toward her and tentatively put an arm around her, trying to provide what comfort he could. He cleared his throat and spoke.

"Daerid as a truly great being, in many ways, and he would not have wanted us to cry for him," Cho'kar began.

"THe hell! Yes they should mourn me!" Daerid protested in his mind, but was ignored.

"He would want us to continue. His word was his bond and he was a man of Honor. He served Feryr and would not want us to fail. Daeird Galadrin would want the band of the Red Hand to continue their quest. To stop the Ending from coming. He would want us all to fulfill the destinies that his deity saw within each of us," the orc continue, giving Keke a gentle squeeze to try and reassure her.

"This is blasphemy," Daerid continued to whine, "They should be making supplications to Feryr. Their sorrow is sure sign of their devotion. And I..." The elf's voice actually managed to sigh in Cho'kar's mind before he continued, "No. You are giving them comfort. In Truth it is what Feryr would want. You have honored me more than I would have ever thought possible from a savage. Please continue?"

"Daerid lives within us all," the orc continued, watching the flames as he spoke, "perhaps not his brashness, but his dedication to Life, and to the continued existence of the world in which we serve. In some ways we must all strive to be like him. We must Honor that which matters and work to forge a brighter tommorrow. I know I will hold Daerid as an example in my heart."

And then the orc was silent, watching with the others as the fire continued to burn in the night.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Kitsa returned from the center of Avalon (is that the right terminology?), bearing a black eye and a bleeding arm.
    "It appears that the Oracle does not like me."

Keke, Kitsa's a demon? What's that from?
    omae wa mou shindeiru

At the foot of the alit flames that sneered and flicked so close to his body, Sigurd felt no warmer than atop the highest point on the earth. It seemed as though, even with his face metres away from the blaze, he could pass his arm through the fire and he could feel nothing. A stray glowing ember spat out from the mother and Sigurd flinched back as the little speck singed his skin. Perhaps he wasn’t so unfeeling, frozen as he felt.

“May his soul live on in teh 'alls o' Freyr, and may we all learn from the sordid tale of Daerid. Amen,” Dart called out to the silent netherworld, as though Daerid’s soul could hear it for himself. But that wasn’t possible, Sigurd thought, as his body was, by now, probably burnt to the ashes. It was a funny feeling, though, as if he still lingered, somewhere, somehow, in the somber air tonight. To that Sigurd replied in a choked mutter, “Amen. Lest we forget.”

“What a pretty head of hair gone to waste,” Sigurd could not help thinking as his eyes started to sting as they watched the fire. Put in a nicer way, Sigurd meant this was not the way his life was supposed to end. So young, and so goddamn handsome. Sigurd envied that. He’d already lost his youth, his beauty, if there ever was any to begin with. He was reaped of those long ago. And now the world left him to rot with time until it was his moment to return to the soil from which he came, like Daerid. But it was not meant to be Daerid’s time to go, to pass on. Sigurd could feel it. He could feel his soul was not at rest.

"So where are we 'eaded ta now?" Dart asked.
    Dani couldn't help it. She laughed so hard. "My thoughts exactly." she said.

OOC: Keke, I could make a list with all the profiles and shit. Take some weight off your shoulders.
    ~

IC: Dart liked Dani's laugh and he couldn't help but smile. "I suppose we'll 'ave ta find me a pumpkin pie first."

Dani laughed even harder. For the first time in a long time, she felt safe. And somewhat happy.
    ~

OOC: PK, didn't you tell me that on AIM? She isn't human or something. I r confused

By the time I got to that part of the thread I was dead on my feet... or butt as the case may be. Ask Qoorl. He knows how hard it was for me to actually get it done last night. I was bitching to him at every leg of the race. The home stretch about did me in. I was like *Gives up* he was like "Hang in there!" *rubs shoulders ala Rocky movie* and I somehow found the mental energy to continue. Then he threw water on me like they did in the movie and I was like wtf that wasn't necessary you just wanted to see my shirt wet. And he was like "Guilty." and I was like *giggle* oh those wacky menfolk... (That last part didn't actually happen btw, I just pulled it out of my ass)

IC:

Keke glowered at the two love birds laughing and braying like mules, hatred and fury marring her features. Had they no honor? Had they no respect? Even the meanest peasant could not find it in them to laugh at someone at their own funeral. Could they not go a few meters away from his pyre to canoodle? Dart's words were hollow and clearly sarcastic. She pulled her glare away from them with much effort, it was all she could do to keep her hand from her bow.

She looked up at Cho'kar with gratitude. "I am fairly certain you are wrong, but I do thank you for your kind words... Daerid would have wanted me to abandon this madness and return home. I never did what he wanted me to when he was alive, I don't see any reason to start now."

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

I'm surprised people assume Ervan actually turned up to that funeral...

Ed.

Ervan leans back against a tree and wonders where everyone else has gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink-kitty2 View Post
    Kitsa returned from the center of Avalon (is that the right terminology?), bearing a black eye and a bleeding arm.
    "It appears that the Oracle does not like me."
    Repost here because I think it fits betters now.
    omae wa mou shindeiru

Dani heard Keke saying something about leaving. "What? No! Keke! This crew wouldn't be the same without you!"
    ~

Dart watched as Kitsa walked into view, "Told ye 'twas nasty."

OOC: Which words were sarcastic, Keke?

Introducing NPC: Stella!

Name: Stella Artois
    Alias: uhh Stella.
    Race: Human
    Nationality: French
    Alignment: Neutal

Class: Mage

Height: 5'8”
    Weight: Hell I dunno.
    Build: Lush but lithe
    Hair: Dark auburn, medium length, she wears it down
    Eyes: Deep blue

Equipment List:
    Armour: Sky blue silk dress, matching cloak, black leather shoes, black leather belt, sky blue riding gloves

Jewellery: white gold and sapphire hair clips and matching earrings, a Kesiera (a jeweled pendant on a chain worn in the hair with the pendant on the forehead.) and a gold signet ring.

Weapons: A small white gold and sapphire belt knife, white wooden staff and her spells.

Physical Description:

Personality: Curious, friendly, smiles and laughs quite a bit.

Combat Arts or Spells: Mage spells.

Skills: Horsemanship, playing the harp and lute.

History: Daughter of the court bard at the Castle in London, she ran away to seek adventure and see the world. So far all she's seen is the back of her horse's head and the English countryside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Stella urged her dainty white mare forward through the forest, although she knew she was being foolish. Curiosity was always her downfall, and she just had to see what the huge fire was all about. It was probably some horrible cult gathering to sacrifice virgins to their Dark Lord or something, but either way she had to know.

What was that smell? She wondered. Moving forth quietly through the underbrush.

As she drew nearer, she could make out the form of a person's body smoldering in the center of the fire. The smell... The smell was burning flesh. She thought for a moment that she may lose her dinner. This was one time she really shouldn't have been curious. She turned Aldeib around and coaxed her to silence. She tried to move as stealthily away as possible.
    Last edited by Keke Le Cat; 08-03-2008 at 12:58 PM.

Reintroducing NPC: Daerid! (Qoorl and I are going to share this NPC)

Name: Daerid Galadrid
    Alias: Galad
    Race: Human
    Nationality: Asian
    Alignment: Lawful Evil

Class: Druid

Intelligence: 4
    Wisdom: 7
    Agility: 4
    Strength: 7
    Vitality: 6

Health Points: 150
    Power Points: 14

Height: 5'7”
    Weight: 140
    Build: Well muscled, but lithe as a blade.
    Hair: Black
    Eyes: Icy blue

Equipment List:
    Armour: deep red shirt, black pants, black boots
    Jewellery: Signet ring of his deity.
    Weapons: Various throwing daggers, Ashandarei (A long, thin, black spear with a sword blade curving at an angle at the top, the blackness of the blade seemed to drink the light. Twin ravens were embossed on both sides of the blade, and the following words decorated the haft: Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades. )

Ashandarie

Physical Description:

Personality:
    Galad is physically very attractive, and he knows it. He is sadistic, realizes it, and enjoys it immensely. This once Cleric of Freyr's life goal is to assassinate all the members of the Band of the Red Hand individually (with the exception of Siren.) He is more than a little insane, and utterly devoted to Siren and his new goddess. He fights dirty, he enjoys torture and inflicting pain, he'll kill you as slowly as possible and laugh with glee as he does so.

Combat Arts or Spells: All Cleric Spells. Plus a few baddie type spells I'll work on later.

Skills: Captivating the ladies, horsemanship, juggling, swordsmanship

History: He was once a member of the Band of the Red Hand but Cho'kar killed him after he nearly killed Camilla. Now his soul has been inserted into a new body and he's up to no good.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~

As the last of the flames flickered and died away, a laugh sounding on the brink of madness echoed down the hill from the Tor. A booming female voice hammered at their ears, seeming to come from all directions and none, “Older magicks than you can realize dwell in this land, in this Tor. I thank you for the sacrifiiiiice...” The word dwindled away into a shrieking cackle as a unseasonably cold wind blew through the glade.

“Orc!” Daerid screeched inside Cho'kar's consciousness, “What are you doing?! I can see ever more dimly, why? You need meee...”

Some force clutched and pulled at Daerid, it seemed his entire essence was being squeezed in a vice-like grip. Strong fingers tipped in razor sharp claws seemed to rip him away from the warmth of the orc's mind.

“Noooo!” He tried to scream, but he found that he once again had no voice. He had lost touch with the orc's mind. He was once again in utter blackness, this time without the dim glow of the bubbles of light. He spun, frantically searching, or he tried to. There seemed to be no movement, no force, he simply was.

A sultry female voice whispered, “Do you not wish revenge?” It seemed to stroke his very core, pulsating all around. The voice was the blackness. “The orc, your murderer, will misuse Camilla and toss her aside. The human will defile her mind, her soul. She is unfit, they are unfit. Do you not wish revenge?” She asked again and he tried to answer, he tried to focus, but all he could do was listen.

“Do you not wish to fulfill your oath?”

The blackness fogged with light and he could see a vision play before him. A boy no more than 12 years of age stood over a cradle, fumbling with a sword that was made for a man's hand. Inside the cradle a newborn babe slept, downy white hair blending into the pristine swaddling. The boy cut his arm and swore to protect her with his very life, protect her from herself and from others. Guide her, love her. An oath nothing could break. The boy extended his arm, and clenched his fist. Drops of blood oozed from the wound to drip onto the girl's face. They were connected deeper than life, it was an oath stronger than death.

The fog swirled, and he once again floated in the blackness that was a voice.

“Do you not see?” The husky voice whispered.

“I see what I must do.” He could speak, wonder of wonders!

“You must kill them all.”

“I must kill them all. I must avenge what cannot be saved. She cannot be salvaged, they must all die. Except Siren, she can be saved, can she not?” Daerid responded.

The voice purred a laugh. “She is already my creature, she has been touched by chaos. She is an agent that has yet to be activated. As were you.” The blackness laughed again. “I can give you revenge, I can give her power. The plan has been set into motion.”

“Where am I? You say many things, wench. How can you fulfill these promises?”

“Trust in my power. I can give you a new body, you can walk among men again. You will wield magic greater than the pitiful healing powers of Freyr. You will serve a new goddess, you will revel in my divine glory and beauty!” The voice broke off into mad cackling laughter. “Do you swear to uphold my name and fulfill these promises you have made this night?”

He hesitated. He was unsure, he was a child of Freyr, he was sworn to uphold... Protect... But revenge would taste so sweet, and Camilla needed to be put down. Still, he was a Holy Priest...

“Swear it!” The voice thundered, pain buffeted Daerid, the blackness seemed to squeeze with tremendous force. “Swear!”

“I swear.” He choked out, and the tightness lessened. “I swear it by all that is Holy-” He broke off. “I swear it in the name of my new goddess, I swear I will see this task to it's end.”

The blackness trembled and shook. Daerid felt the horrible hand gripping his soul once more, he felt himself being pulled at as though being sucked through a humongous vacuum. The pain ripped and tore at his essence, the pain was all, it annihilated thought. Then it simply was no more.

He was crouching on a red rag rug in front of a flickering fireplace, completely naked. He ran his hands from his neck to his toes, marveling in the feel of his own skin. He could feel. He could hear the popping of the fireplace, see it clearly, smell the pungent smoke. He wagered he could even taste, if there was only anything to taste... He looked around the room. The walls were bare gray stone, completely sealed. There were no windows or doors. Panicked touched him, until he looked up. He was in some sort of pit, or oubliette.

His goddess would see he was released. She wouldn't waste her time giving him new flesh only to watch him waste away...

There was a bed with cozy patchwork quilts covering it, at it's foot was a small chest. A rocking chair rested in the corner, and beside it a stand mirror. He rose to his feet a little unsteadily, the effects of gravity were hard to accustom oneself to after one spent much time weightless. He nodded to himself.

He stumbled to the mirror and smiled at his image. He didn't look much different at all, his hair was nearly the same. As he gazed his features... melted. He began to look more like himself. His eyes faded from deep chocolate brown to icy blue, his nose sharpened, his skin paled, his cheekbones raised. Wait... Something was off. He was shorter! By at least a foot. This was not right. He was a tall man, women had to look up to him. It was the way of life. He looked down at his body. He would bet his life that he was no taller than Camilla. “This is not just! I am a tall man!”

The voice that had been the blackness purred laughter from behind him. He spun, and there she stood. A slender vision in black gossamer silk, even as short as he now was she barely came up to his chin. Her dark hair fell down her back in glistening waves, and her obsidian eyes seemed to drink his soul. Her skin was as dark as tea, and glimmered faintly in the firelight. Her exotic beauty was breath-taking.

“What is wrong? Do you not like the body I have found for you? The limbs are straight and perfect, you are young and fit for battle. I assure you, this was the finest body that could be found on such short notice. The orc is not one of my creatures, and I had not planned for you to end in such a way. Never fear, the body adjusts to the mind, but the soul adjusts to the body. Soon you will forget you were ever taller than you are now.” Her voice flowed like honey, it soothed and relaxed.

“It is a fine body, I beg forgiveness if I have offended. My mistress is kind. If I may ask... What is your name?”

She laughed again, a noise filled with malice. “Yes, a faithful dog should know his mistress's name. You may call me... Frigga.” (Note to self: remember to check if that really is Odin's wife's name. Also verify Odin's ravens “thought” and “memory.”)

Daerid bowed, and effected a flourish with an imaginary cloak. “Great mistress, I am yours.”

“I know.” Again with the laughter. The bloody woman laughed more than any two wenches he had seen to date. “You may dress in the clothing you will find in the chest. You will wear my livery once more. You have ever worn my colors. Did you not find your desire for dark colors odd, for all that you were a 'servant of the light?'” She laughed even harder at that. “A fitting weapon rests in the other corner. Once you dress, lie down on the bed holding the Ashandarei. Do not be alarmed if when you awake you are in a room in an Inn called the Golden Dragon. Wait in that village, your old 'friends' will cross through there soon. Have faith.”

Daerid turned toward the indicated corner and spotted a long, thin, black spear with a sword blade curving at an angle at the top, the blackness of the blade seemed to drink the light. Twin ravens were embossed on both sides of the blade, and the following words decorated the haft:

Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.

“Is that what you mean by Ashandarei?” He asked, indicating the spear, but when he turned, she was missing.

Seeing no alternative and never being one to waste time he went to the chest and dressed. When he was finished he stood once again before the mirror. He wore tight fitting black pants, black boots with sheaths beside the ankle and small daggers tucked into them. His shirt was the color of blood, and his cloak was black with deep red scroll work embroidered around the edges. A pouch tied at his belt contained quite a lot of gold.

Daerid smiled at his image. He may be as short as most women, but his features were still perfection incarnate. Truly, he was a wonderful looking man. He winked at his reflection and flexed an arm before retrieving the strange spear and lying down on the bed.

Sleep was long in coming, but finally darkness closed over his mind. Dreams of floating weightlessly in a sea of lights, without form assaulted him. It was terrifying.

As Stella turned her horse around she would find, leaning against a tree, a robed man, his face hidden, only emerald eyes glaring out from beneath the folds. He strode forward slowly. "Who are you?" he said, his voice deep and soft, but still conveying the slighest hint of threat.

"You tread upon hollowed ground." He scoffed. "Ha, and cursed ground as well. I... suspect an evil taint, but I can't pinpoint it." His right hand gripped his left forearm absently as he strode a casual circle around the girl and her horse, as a tiger stalking its prey. Stella might find her attention drawn to the enormous sword strapped to the mysterious stranger's back. He regarded her for a moment, cocking his head questioningly.

"Ah, I know what you are thinking and... no, I am not responsible for his..." Jergalzad paused. "His... execution."
    It was a dark and stormy night...

IC: "Jergalzad!" shouted Dart to the Arab from the campsite, "Stop botherin' the poor lass. Ye're probably freakin' 'er out!"

Aldeib pranced on her delicate ankles, and tried to frisk. She could feel her mistress's tension, but Stella controlled the horse easily with her knees. Holding her staff before her, she whispered a harsh word beneath her breath and at the end of the weapon a blue flame sparked into life. Fire seemed to drip from the tip to fall harmlessly to the forest floor. Harmless because the leaf litter was not it's wielder's intended target. Stella extended her palm and a small ball of flashing lightening appeared floating above it. Preparing the two spells took only moments, and her intent was clear on her face. She was no easy meat.

"Allow me to pass. I mean no harm, I was only curious..." She smiled at the hooded stranger, flashing a dimple. The woodelf she dismissed out of hand. He seemed lanky and awkward, an archer unless she missed her guess. Easy prey, in other words. The hooded one troubled her though. Before she could stop herself, she had to ask, "What ARE you doing out here?"

OOC: Actually, because he is so acurate and he can shoot through walls, Dart is probably the most dangerous of the group.

IC: Dart watched as the woman set her sword ablaze. He chuckled and thought about poor Jergalzad. He knocked an arrow just in case things got ugly.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast