Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: Pirates: Chapter Two

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

*sighs* I dream of a day when Keke tidies up the entry on Power Points... Twig, your character has 12 Power Points. Because your character is a mage you get 2 PP for every point of Wisdom or Intelligence, whichever is highest. In this case Intelligence is 6, so you have 12 PP.

Ed.

Oreos and cookie crunch! Hikari's Avatar

Audrey was thinking about Ervan and his drinking habits when she remembered that he wasn't coming with them. Trying to keep the flicker of hope alight, that he might have somehow come back, she made her way back onto the deck, only to be half-blinded by a red light. Through squinted eyes, she thought she could make out the outlines of Dani and Dart, but it could have been a trick of the light.

"Hey," says Ervan, tapping Jess on her shoulder. She gasps and turns around.
    "There you- What are you wearing?" she says, staring.
    Ervan looks down at himself. "Nearly everything I went to get. The rest is in my bag."
    "You're wearing a dress."
    Ervan glares at her. "It's called a hanfu."
    "Of course it is."
    "... Anyway, our business here is done. Thanks for your help."
    "You're welcome."
    "And now I'm going to have to find someone to get me to wherever the crew is now."
    "Crew?"
    "Yes, crew. So, we'll probably never meet again. Bye!" Ervan turns to leave.
    "Wait!" shouts Jess. "Can't I go with you?"
    Ervan turns and looks at her. "Why would you want to?"
    "There's nothing for me here."
    "What makes you think there's something for you where I'm going?"
    "Perhaps I'll be able to help people, like I helped you."
    "Lady, this crew, myself included, consists of pirates. We don't help people. Some of us may even go out of our ways to hinder, although I don't."
    "You're a pirate?"
    "Yes."
    Jess thinks for a few minutes. Pirates. That's not good. Pirates are never a good thing. But this one doesn't seem too bad. His actions haven't been particularly immoral.
    "How about you stay with me instead?" she says. "You could travel with me helping people."
    "Sorry, but I have business."
    "What kind of business?"
    "The kind that has consequences if it isn't completed."
    "This business... Does it have anything to do with Chaos?"
    Ervan narrows his eyes. "And what would you know about that?"
    "Enough. Tzeentch told me I would meet someone who is tied in with all this."
    "... That I am. I have a battle to turn up to, and my friends are on a quest of some kind. I suppose you can help us. Seeing as there's no one else around, I guess as first mate I have the power to make you a member of the crew of the Red Hand."
    "The Red Hand?"
    "I don't like it either, but that's what the crazy elf who leads us wanted, and who am I to argue? Anyway, we now have to find a way to find them."

The blinding light suddenly stopped.
    Stars appeared in front of her, starting to take shape of a human. Dani stared at it.
    There was another flash of light, and a boy, the same boy from the picture, collapsed to the floor. Dani gasped when she saw an identical amulet in his hand.
    "D-Dare?" she said. She covered her mouth with her hands. How did I know that? Who is this guy? WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?! her mind screamed.
    She looked at Dart for help and noticed Audrey standing nearby.
    "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
    But in ourselves, that we are underlings."
    ~

OOC: Yay, I've been noticed.

IC: The red aura around Dani and Dart abruptly disappeared, and a boy that looked incredibly like Dani slumped to the floor. Dani was awestruck. Audrey walked over to her, careful to keep her distance from the boy. She raised a skeptical eyebrow, then asked, "Do you. . . know him?" Her eyes darted from Dani to the boy. They had the same reddish hair, the same nose, and if he opened his eyes, Audrey would bet that they were emerald green.

OOC: I can just imagine Mitch. . . "Dude?! Where are you? Are you gonna finish your beer?"

OOC: XD

IC:

Dani stared at the boy, then at Audrey. "I-I think so..." she said.
    ~

"Well, he's still alive," Audrey said, watching his chest fall and rise. "You want me to get some water for him?" she asked quietly.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

IC: Dart knelt over the boy and looked at his face. It was strikingly similar to Dani's, and he knew Dani's face well. Dart looked over the boy's body steadily, and picked up the locket at his chest. He opened it up by twisting his fingers and looked at the person in the image. After blowing away some dust he saw a young girl sitting there, staring at him, or rather, whoever had made the image. He suddenly recognized Dani's eyes. He looked at the words at the bottom. Me alone.... Dart took the image out of the locket and handed it to Dani, "Don't leave me alone."

Dani's eyebrows went up in suprise. After a long silence, she spoke.
    "He's....my brother...."
    ~

IC: Dart gazed at Dani for a moment, this was a glimpse at her past and he knew she was more than just a little surprised. After a while he spoke, "A twin by the looks o' 'is age," Dart went over the boy and pinched his left index finger's fingernail at the end to produce a sharp pain, "C'mon, wake up."

Dare shot up in alarm. "Mitch! Tieser Schmerz!" he yelled.
    But Mitch wasn't there. In his place was an elf. An elf?? "Kommen Sie Sie Missbildung los!"
    "He's not a freak!" Dani yelled back at him.
    ~

OOC: Blech, I know more Yiddish. Still, "Get away you deformity"?

IC: "Missbildung los?" asked Dart, he had no idea how to speak German. He knew what the strange boy was saying though thanks to Dani's retort.

"I don't know German," replied Dart, "But I'm sure ye'll like what's behind me." Dart got up and let his arms out in a gesture towards Dani so the German would see his sibling.

Dare's eyes nearly popped out of his head when he saw Danielle.
    "Danielle!" he said, racing to hug her. He nearly toppled her over.
    "Uh...hello." Dani said. "Der Dani meines Namens, nicht Danielle."
    ~

IC: Dart smiled at the two siblings finding each other again, although Dani seemed a little withdrawn and freaked out, "Dan', de ye know 'o this is?"

Audrey sighed when the boy came out of unconsciousness. She was looking forward to throwing a bucket of water on him. Who wouldn't?

"Do you speak English?" she asked slowly, pronouncing each syllable deliberately.

"Of course I speak English." Dare said.

"Dan', de ye know 'o this is?" Dart asked.
    "No. Yes. Gah! I don't know!" Dani said.
    ~

IC: "'Gah' isn't very specific," chuckled Dart, "Why don't we ask 'im."

OOC: Yes, it's somewhat silly.

IC:

When Keke cleared the doorway she could easily see that there was no trouble on the deck. Whatever had happened to Cho'kar had to have been in his mind only. She pushed him from her thoughts and formed the Flame and the Void to relegate the bond to a tiny corner of her consciousness.

As quickly as the mage storm had blown in, it cleared. The gray skies evaporated into pristine blue, the angry steel colored clouds transformed into fluffy white cotton puffs. To the west the sun was descending into the ocean, the golden orb hung just above the water nearly kissing the waves. A gentle but strong wind furled the sails and they moved south at a steady pace. She walked to the stern of the ship and leaned against the rail, smiling down at the waters swirling in the wake of their massive new vessel.

Bored, Keke shoved her hands into her pockets and shifted through the contents until she found what she was looking for. She needed something to occupy her hands, just something to fiddle with while she worked a thought out in her mind.

She withdrew a coin and stared at it for a moment. “Of course, it would have to be this one,” she said to the coin. She wore a perfectly inscrutable expression as she thought back to the day she obtained it.

Jasin Natael had to be the luckiest person she had ever known. He seemed to roll a willing toss every time he threw the dice, even when he was throwing her unweighted dice. He always seemed to turn the right card, and he never took any wound in battle.

They had made some inconsequential bet, and he lost. The coin had been her reward, and she painted it with woad to never confuse it with another, saying, “I think I'll keep this as a memento,” She had rolled the fat gold coin over the back of her fingers. “To remind me that even the luckiest man in the world can lose.”

Now she leaned with her elbows on the rail, watching the waves lap against the ship below, rolling the coin over her fingers as she had then. She allowed it to drop before she caught it with the other hand to repeat the roll, and the catch. She let the game go too far, and the coin slipped from her finger tips to plunk into the ocean with a tiny splash. She stared after it until the murky depths swallowed it up. She felt a brief pang of loss, she had carried that with her for at least a year. Oh well... You can't put honey back in the comb... She thought, somewhat despondently. What was done, was done. And there was nothing to do but live with it.

At any rate, it was foolish to carry a memento from a man who supposedly belonged to another. She frowned at that thought. She was never done with someone until she said she was done, and she wasn't entirely certain she was quite finished with Mr. Jasin Natael no matter what some merchant peasant tried to say.

Even after the coin had long since disappeared she stared into the water, frowning in concentration. In the depths she almost thought she could make out some great silver mass following the trail of the ship.

With a large splash, a massive head emerged from the water. A man figure rose to walk behind the ship on the top of the waves, completely naked, with a great golden trident in his right hand. Silver hair and beard surrounded a harsh face, silver brows drawn down fiercely.

Keke stood in shocked silence, before she was able to fumble her bow and knock an arrow with a shaking hand. Clearly she stood before a god.

“Child of Freyr, I accept your offering.” He boomed.

“Who are you?” Surprisingly, her voice shook not at all when she muttered her response.

He shook his head, sending tiny droplets of water flying. “I am Neptune, god of the sea and stuff. Do you think to harm me with your pitiful weapon, elf? Put it up.” He commanded.

She lowered her bow, but made no move to return the arrow to it's sheath. “What offering do you speak of?”

“You dropped an item of great personal interest into the depths on a Tuesday after a mage storm while on a stolen vessel off the coast of England while meditating at sunset wearing a white shirt.” He shrugged massive shoulders, “The precepts state I must grant you one request.”

“That doesn't make any sense.” She said, with a wry grin.

“No, it doesn't really, but there you have it. What is your request? I was in the middle of something, it isn't every day Venus and Aphrodite drop in for dinner. I'm sure you have noticed my state of undress? Please, hurry this up.”

“Okay. Sure. Then I'd like to be rid of this accursed mind bond Freyr burdened me with, it's bloody well annoying.”

“Well, I'm not supposed to remove other god's curses...”

“I can't think of anything else I'd like.”

“I can give your horse wings.”

“I like Ciaran the way he is.” She shrugged.

“Oh fine! Have it your way!” Neptune said. As he spoke the bond seemed to diminish and finally disappear.

It was amazing. She was alone in her mind. Finally! Yay.

Neptune disappeared, and no one even noticed he had been there.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

That's fantastic. I wonder if Cho'kar will freak out as much as Ervan did?

Ed.

"Alright then," Audrey said. "Who are you and why are you on our pi-" she stopped herself, thinking it unwise at the moment to reveal that they were pirates. "Our ship?" she finished. Trying to look tough while interrogating him, she crossed her arms over her chest and tried not to smile. And why do you smell like beer?

OOC: XD

Btw, my mom has it in her in-sane mind I can't get on the CPU during the school week
    ~

OOC: Haha

Cho'kar paused for a moment as the connection suddenly vanished from his mind. The girl was still standing, her could still feel the pulse of her emotions just as he could feel everyone else on the ship. It was odd, but he had other things to worry about. It would do well to set up a moot soon. His thoughts were interupted by the drama of Dani's brother's sudden appearance.

He watched with mild amusment as they tried to sort everything out. Suddenly, he was allerted by a distinct buzzing in his head. He could feel a great number of extra presences. Anger, Bloodlust, A distinct feeling of territoriality. Strong hands went down to draw the Fangs of the Hunter.

"Prepare for Boarders!" The orc shouted. The wyvrn took wing and hovered behind him. It was now large enough to defend itself and be a credible threat in battle. Rajah roared and prepared to battle by the side of Cho'kar. Well this would serve as a fine initiation for Dani's brother at least, the orc thought as the first few beings clambered over the railings and onto the ship.

Wrathgills. He knew them from a similar threat in his own homeland. In Brittain he had heard them called by a different name, Sahaguin. They were humanoid, if only vaguely. They had hideous giant fish heads, with great bulging eyes and wide, fang filled mouths. All manner of foul smelling marine slime dripped from their pale scaled flesh. Webbed claws went mostly unarmed, but a few gripped bone crafted harpoons and nets. Their hideous gurgling language burbled up as they shouted commands to surrender and be sacrificed to their dark alien gods. The orc didn't care that the others couldn't understand the monsters. The answer would be the same either way. Hell no they wouldn't surrender.

With a roar, Cho'kar and his beasts leapt to repel the enemy.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*
    In the bowels of the ship, the thing in the brig mewled pitifully.

"Why won't you release me? I can help you and your friends..."
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

OOC: I gots permission from Dani to control Dare for the time being.

IC: Dare

He was going insane. There was no doubt about it.

First he was in the bar, enjoying a drink with Mitch. Then that red light enveloped his locket, and now he was on the deck of a ship, with some weird brown-haired girl asking him questions. But that redhead girl. . .

She was Danielle. At first he refused to believe it; he had one too many beers, that was all. But he fingered his dagger the way you're not supposed to, purposely. Pain seared through his thumb, and he welcomed it. This was no drunken dream - he found her. Dani.

He was still trying to clear his thoughts when the fish-people climbed onto the deck. Dare reflexively unsheathed his dagger, its blade red with his blood. Stars clouded his vision as he stood up, shaking. He collected his thoughts: fight. Protect Dani.

As one of the first creatures climbed onto the ship. Using his newfound esctasy of finding his twin sister as strength, he drove the blade into its chest, if it could be called that. In its dying flails, the beast managed to flip him over backwards. If his hand, slippery with blood and slime, had not slipped from the dagger's hilt, he would have landed on his back on the deck. Instead, his momentum carried him off the deck and into the water.

OOC: Omg heroics time to anyone who wants to fish him out.

OOC: This would be great fro Muttsy except she isn't present, so... play the Indiana Jones theme!

IC: "Prepare for Boarders!" Dart heard Cho'kar's voice cry. It was time to fight, that German boy could wait for later, even if he was similar to Dani, probably related. A twin brother, maybe, or a first cousin. They looked the same age... No. Dart shook his head, he had to concentrate on battle now. The newcomer struck the first blow, blasting his dagger through the belly of a Wrathgill, which fell to the floor of the deck, squirming and bleeding. The rain from the storm added an eerie effect to the creature's movements.

Dart drove his attention to the poor fellow who had killed the creature. Dart couldn't help but chuckle as the creature had flipped him over the ship in an almost comical fashion. Of course, Dart had to save the poor lad. It would always be fine to get on the good side of any relative of a crew mate. Dart took out his rapier and slashed the rope on some of the rigging, letting it hang loose. He grabbed onto it and jumped into the water, slashing at any Wrathgills that came close.

With one hand holding onto the rope, Dart sheathed his sword once the Wrathgills had been cleared. Dart groped out with is hand until he found the arm of the drowning sap and clenched onto it with a hard grip. Dart called out for someone to pull the rope and Had obliged. The dwarf used his stout strength and weight to pull the two crew mates up. He rushed over to the edge of the ship and helped pull the German's body onto the deck, then assisted Dart in climbing up himself.

Dart fell onto the deck, exhausted. He rested for a moment and then got up, they were still being boarded. "Ye gave us quite the scare, laddie. Next time, battle 'em when they're not next ta the water."

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast