Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirates: Chapter Two

Oreos and cookie crunch! Hikari's Avatar

Noticing Dart and Jergalzad talking to a stranger, Audrey stood up to get a better view. The mysterious figure was on a horse, with a flaming blue sword. Seeing no point in confronting them and probably just getting in the way if they got into a fight, she stood there, watching.

Dani sighed. "What now?" she asked,
    "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
    But in ourselves, that we are underlings."
    ~

Kitsa turned to the commotion.
    "What is going on? Another person? Huh."
    omae wa mou shindeiru

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

IC: "A stranger atop a 'ill," replied Dart, "A mage with a sword."

"No use in getting all worked up," Audrey said to Dani. "It's probably just a traveller."

Jergalzad seemed... unimpressed by her display of magic. Perhaps he was stupid. Perhaps she was stupid. Nevertheless. He took another predatory step forward, his eyes locking with hers. "I asked first," he offered. She could tell by his tone that the cocky bastard must be smirking underneath his hood.

Then he cast his gaze to Dart over in the campsite and sighed. He spoke so only Stella could hear him. "Alas, they put me on patrol but welcome the first pretty face to show up." He folded his arms. "And what if you were an assassin, my dear? A dark mage working for the God Kings, in the guise of an innocent beauty? With orders to burn us where we stood?" Jergalzad caught her expression and shrugged.

"So be it then, you're free to pass." He gestured toward the group. "But you still have to asnwer my question. Who are you?"
    It was a dark and stormy night...

IC: "One that's just seen us burnin' a body," Dart pointed out to Hikari.

Audrey slanted her eyes, clearly annoyed.

"True." Dani smirked.
    ~

IC: "Oh come now, 'Ikari," replied Dart to Hikari's expression, "She set 'er sword afire."

Earth hopefully, but sometimes I wonder...

Siren rose from the ground, done with her weeping for Daerid. All she could hope to do now is use him as a lesson and show a little more compassion to people, even if they didn't deserve it. She would at least feel better about herself for it, and wasn't life about striving to make yourself a better person? Was one even supposed to attempt such a task when their occupation was a deck-hand abord a pirate ship?

Noticing the bit of commotion ensuing she rose up and practically died when she saw Kitsa in flesh and blood standing amongst Dani, Hikari and Dart. Without sparing a moment she ran to hug her, practically choking her around the neck. Judging by ereryone else's reactions she must have been a little delalyed in noticing her presence.

"Kitsa, how on earth did you, I mean we all saw you die..." She continued to babble before Waverunner's barking drew her attention further up the hill at an approaching strange, "And who's that?"

Waverunner bounded up to the horse and rider, sniffed in circles, licked the horse then ran back down the hill wagging his tail all the while. Another inspection done, and whoever she was she had clean bill from the dog.

"I guess she's a friendly then?" Siren thought aloud.

"I guess I got lucky. Maybe I didn't really die. Who knows. As for the rider, I'm assuming that a flaming sword is not a gesture of peace. If that is the case, then most likely, this person is hostile. Nonetheless, we should watch, and see what unfolds."
    omae wa mou shindeiru

Holding her staff before her, she whispered a harsh word beneath her breath and at the end of the weapon a blue flame sparked into life. Fire seemed to drip from the tip to fall harmlessly to the forest floor. Harmless because the leaf litter was not it's wielder's intended target.
    Stella's eyes widened and she laughed softly as if remembering something. Smiles and sighs went farther with men than a display of power. She smiled and inclined her head in a half-bow from the saddle as she spoke. "I am Stella Artois, Apprentice Bard and Magician."

She closed the hand containing the Ball Lightening, when she opened it a dove made of light fluttered off of her palm and into the night sky before exploding in a burst of red and blue light like a firework. Stella flourished the staff before closing her hand over the end, she pulled the staff away and the blue flames transformed into butterflies which drifted on the wind before seeming to evaporate into the air in a thousand tiny sparks and crackles.

"I am a wanderer and adventurer, I go where chance leads me. Unfortunately it seems to have lead me to your err... fire... this night." She effected another smile. She told the pure unadulterated truth, she thought that with this man, it may go farther.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

Ervan walks over to the woman. Another day, another applicant, he thinks. "So, what now?" he asks her.

Holding her staff before her, she whispered a harsh word beneath her breath and at the end of the weapon a blue flame sparked into life. Fire seemed to drip from the tip to fall harmlessly to the forest floor. Harmless because the leaf litter was not it's wielder's intended target.
    Huh. So much for elven sight.
    omae wa mou shindeiru

OOC: If anything pointy was covered in flame, it would be impossible to tell what it was.

IC: A dove appeared out of the maiden's hand. Dart put his bow down and sighed, "I'm too jumpy."

CHo'kar watched as the flames burned down to the ground. He was disturbed when Daerid's voice suddenly stopped. He put it to the back of his mind for now, instead taking the time to feed Carai and Rajah. When the girl with the glowing staff appeared, the orc didn't bother. The others could handle it for once. If they needed help They would ask. Instead he lay down on the cross, hands behind his head and prepared for sleep. The Wyvern nestled close to him and Rajah lay by his side. The orc watched the embers of the pyre flicker and crackle.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

"You do well at marrying the two professions... Flame to beauty-" the butterflies flitted by- "raw power to peace" - and the dove exploded into fireworks- "and back again. Perhaps you could entertain us with a song... or perhaps a dance?" She got the impression of the cocky smirk behind the shroud again. They were interruted Ervan.

"So, what now?" he asked her.

Jergalzad took a step back, casting his gaze to the rest of the company. There sat Cho'kar, alone. What was it that drove him to solitude?
    It was a dark and stormy night...

IC: Stella

Stella looked from the hooded one to the man as he spoke, "So, what now?" he asked her. What could be possibly mean by that? What, what now? How should she know what now? Strange.

"I have no idea what you'll do now, I think perhaps I will play the hooded stranger a song on my harp before I make my exit." She said, as she slid off her horse. She smiled as she withdrew her gilded harp case from the saddlebags. She ran her hands along it lovingly, and tilted her head down, trying to peep beneath the hood to make out more of his features. She couldn't help wondering what he looked like. "I am afraid I must point out that you are being terribly rude. You know my name, I gave it freely, and yet you did not introduce yourself to me."

She moved a few paces to a tree and sat on her knees, leaning back on her heels. She opened the case to pull out a golden harp, and made a few adjustments to the strings. Her fingers moved methodically over the strings, coaxing a soft and gentle melody from the instrument. She sang no words, but the song did not need verbal articulation to relate it's beautiful tale. The composition lifted the heart, and eased the mind.

IC: Keke

Keke stood and stared at the dying embers, her tears drying on her face. As Cho'kar moved away, she felt as though she had been robbed of her shelter. She felt alone as never before. Ervan hadn't even bothered to attend if for no other reason than to offer her sympathy. She supposed that was a statement of the depth of his feelings toward her. Or lack thereof. Then again, his absence was better than the mocking presence of others.

She walked slowly to wear Cho'kar lay, and knelt beside him in the pretense of stroking the wyvern. She lay on her side, facing the wyvern and absentmindedly stroked it's neck and down it's back. She let the silence linger, there was no need to fracture it with words. She looked around one last time for Ervan. Really, it was an ill-done thing that he couldn't even be bothered to give her a passing glance of commiseration.

When she heard the soft music of the harp floating toward her, she smiled and rested her head on her arm. She could vaguely feel Ervan's presence not too far off, so he was fine. No need to worry, even if he was a worrisome sort of person.

She nodded off to sleep mid-stroke. Hand still resting gently on the wyvern's back.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

Earth hopefully, but sometimes I wonder...

"We could start our own group now," She joked, "Harp, flute, vocals. Sing at pubs, who needs to plunder for a living?"

She wasn't that worried about her witnessing Daerid's burning body, if the girl was that concerned that they were a bunch of un-trustworthy murders then she'd leave and be about her merry way. Their group was beginning to look like a circus parade with their collection of critters and people, what would a mage hurt?

Pacing back and forth she debated what to do with herself. She hadn't had any proper sleep for the past few days, but she still found herself restless. Sleep would not come easy, and as long as they were staying the night she saw no reason to hang around. Hopping up on Pearl, she lead her away from the camp at a bit of a trot.

"I'll be back before we leave," She said to Hikari as she passed her.

Waverunner made to follow after her but while passing a resting Cho'kar and keke he noticed the newly hatced Wyvern. Turning away to run and inspect it he pawed at the animal, inviting it to play with. She rolled her eyes, hopefully he knew better then to let the thing eat him.

"Leave the two alone pup," She cautioned but he was far to interested to heed her words and now began to nudge it with his nose.

Not wanting to linger any longer she left him, trusting that if he was a nuisance that Cho'Kar and Keke could smarten him up. Picking up the pace she wasn't quite sure where she wanted to go, so she let the Kirin lead. With the crisp air filling her lungs and the open sky above her, she felt a little content at having a moment alone. Land was becoming much more familiar to her, and she didn't feel as out of place as she had at the beginning of the voyage.

With the camp far out of sight she finally stopped Pearl, sliding of to lie in the grass. It was nice to lie and relax, perhaps it was not her body but her mind that was to restless to allow sleep. She'd pushed many thoughts away for awhile, but the Oracle's message still chilled her. Very few of their group seemed to have a pleasent encounter, but no one was accused of being a traitor. She didn't believe in destiny or fate, you made your life what you would. The things that happened to you, good or bad where consequences of your own choices; so why did it still bother her so? She feared that the more she dwelled on it the further she'd seperate herself from everyone. She was doing so already, choosing to be alone instead of socializing. And what of the new comer? She didn't even introduce herself. Kitsa was back and alive, and she only said a few words to her.

How could she let herself become this? The oracle did nothing to her, only said a few words and already she was becoming isolated, alone, and angry. Why when something was finally good for her, when she finally belonged did she have to be told such a thing? How could ever go back to them and look them in the eye, feel safe when all she could do was feel guilt for being near them. What if she was some agent of Chaos, should she even stay with them, what if she killed them all? Should she bring herself as far away from them as possible, or was that only doing what Chaos wanted?

She screamed aloud then kicked the ground in a complete desperation. Fueled by her own anger she screamed some more stomped and kicked some more like an impatient toddler before finally collapsing into a fit of tears against Pearl. What choice did she have anymore?

Falling against the saddle bag, she could feel the blade that the oracle had given Waverunner in it. Taking it out she looked at it, what was she supposed to do with it? It felt as vile and dirty as ever, she couldn't bring herself to look at it. She was certain she was meant to kill them with it, she couldn't carry it around with her anymore. With the last bit of her fury she threw it as far as she could, as far away from her as possible. Without even looking to see where it landed she sunk back down to the ground, taking deep breaths. She wasn't prone to such outburst's but out of sight from everyone she felt better for breaking down. Still, she did not think herself ready to return yet, and curled up onto the ground; Pearl lying down beside her. Taking out the compass her father gave her she opened it and fingered in gently. It was fitting that she would feel so attached to a broken compass; a lost girl who's only guide pointed her in every direction, yet here she was choosing to go nowhere.

OOC: Solly are you and Ervan still up for bringing Had in? If you are I'd be happy to "bump" into him, and if you aren't I might just bring him in myself anyway .
    Last edited by Muttsy; 08-04-2008 at 12:34 AM.

OOC: Actually, I was gonna bring him up when I get back home on Wednesday.

IC: Dart put his bow back in his satchel when he saw the strange woman put away her harp. He took out his flute and began playing to the tune of the harp, the two instruments intertwining to make beautiful music.

Dani smiled at the music. A breeze blew a pile of leaves up. The leaves twirled around the crew. Coincidence? Dani thought.
    ~

Cho'kar had been watching the fire, but now as Keke lay asleep beside him, he turned his attention to her for a time. She really was fragile at times, despite how tough she seemed. He'd do his best to protect her of course, but in the end, stopping the Ending mattered more than anything.

He cotemplated his journey for a while. He had already visited the first of the four Great Beasts and had survived the first trial. It had given him this gift. So far he had thought of it as a curse, but sensing Keke's content, he realized he could make use of it, if nothing else than to prevent any further accidents like Daerid from cropping up. If someone was upset, he could confront them privately, find out what the problem was and deal with it. That would definately keep the group working as a team better. It seemed the first order of business was the apprehension of Kitsa's return. He knew that both Keke and Siren were wary of her, if not down right threatened. Perhaps he could speak quietly with the captain sometime on the trip back to their ship.

The Ship. He hadn't even seen it. Where had they docked it, and had they left it guarded? It seemed perhaps that they would not even have a vessel to take them to China. Which would make matters even more complicated. A land voyage would take at least twice as long though the perils would likely be similar in intensity. He knew that it woud take a great deal of skill to calm his non humanoid allies. The Monkeyfiend had been just fine on a ship, but he was not certain how Carai or Rajah would react to being on the open water.

At last he spied Jergalzad looking in his direction. He gave the man a nod and beckoned him to join the orc near the dying pyre.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Musical appreciation? Sigurd was not your man. But even he could not feel so mesmerisingly bound by the tune of Dart and the new face, Stella. At firsthe tried to ignore it, eyes facing away, trying to pull the nonchalant 'I'm too cool to care' look. Sigurd was never good at pretending either. His foot began to tap at the ground in the melody's intoxicating cadence, and gave a hearty applause with both hands clasped. He felt the slightest comforting solace in the darkness. Sigurd simply nodded to the woman humbly and twisted his head to see the scene that lay before him. He called into the night feebly, "Siren?"

OOC: Since we're all in for throwing the other characters in, I hope I can get Esmeralda in there now ...resposting the profile.

IC:

Name: Esméralda Bihari [Wendy’s Name Origins: Esmeralda is after the female character in Victor Hugo’s novel The Hunchback of Notre Dame, written in 1831. Esmeralda, a beautiful girl raised by Gypsies in France, and almost constantly wooed and attempted to be seduced by the men of Paris, is one of the few to befriend the hideous and deformed bellringer of the cathedral, Quasimodo. She makes a living as a public dancer, a beautiful figure which captivates many of the men in the story. She is easily manipulated, and once fell in love with the captain Phoebus, who kissed her and pretended to love her even though he did not and was already engaged; he just wanted to have sex with her. Frollo, another admirer, saw this and stabbed him before running off and leaving Esmeralda to face a murder charge. She finds companionship only in her goat, Djali and the hunchback. In the end of the book, Quasimodo sees Esmeralda in a white dress, hung and lifeless. Bihari is after the Hungarian Romni violinist, János Bihari who lived in the 18th and early 19th century. His playing was once described as, “The tones sung by his magic violin flow on our enchanted ears like the tears.”]
    Alias: Esmeralda
    Race: Human [magic-using]
    Nationality: Nomadic; settled in the United Kingdom
    Alignment: Neutral
    Deity: Freyja

Class: Mage

Fortuneteller, street dancer

Intelligence: 10
    Wisdom: 2
    Agility: 4
    Strength: 5
    Vitality: 3

Health Points: 75hp
    Power Points: 20pp [When in her physical transformation, this spell is constantly draining her of 6pp, which makes 14pp when in a transformed state. If in need, she is able to drop her transformation spell to gain back her 6pp and will revert to her normal physical appearance.]

Height: Variable. Without magical influence, Esmeralda stands about 5'8", but she likes to make herself taller typically.
    Weight: Variable. Without magical influence, Esmeralda weighs at about 59kg, 129lbs. Her consciousness with her weight is of very much less importance to her with the ability to manipulate it and all. She's let herself go these days.
    Build: Esmeralda is of quite good build, well-toned muscles from the much traveling she does. She cannot magically influence her physical strength.
    Hair: Variable. Esmeralda has naturally straight black hair but can change it however she wishes.
    Eyes: Variable. Contrary to her name, emerald in Spanish, Esmeralda has a naturally hazel eye colour.

Equipment List:
    Armour – Extremely light armour, Esmeralda enjoys most dressing up in elaborate gowns, with swaying skirts, layers upon layers, the most vivid colours. But living in her town of Worcester, she cannot draw such attention to herself. Considering her situation. That is why she takes off admist the security and welcoming warmth of the night. Normally she is seen in a simple chemise [a loose-fitting top of Roma attire] paired with a long, modest skirt.

Jewellery - Adorned with as much jewellery as possible, as Esmeralda takes even a step her bracelets, jangling necklaces and rings echo along with her. Most hold very little meaning, created by herself from spare rusted parts of silver and other metal reminiscent of her traveling nomadic days. Jewellery was once a display of wealth and esteem in her Roma culture, and it's become a bit of an old habit for Esmeralda now.

Weapons - Only weapon is a crooked staff, almost full body length, made from the dying ancient species of tree, the Rimu, whose wood takes centuries to blossom and lasts for just as many years. Esmeralda requires it to cast her magic. If in desperate need, she is also capable of physically attacking with it, but like any mage it isn't the most effective.

Misc -

Physical Description:

Esmeralda can appear as beautiful as she wants to. She can change the colour of her hair, make herself look decades younger, sculpt herself in the most seductive figure, a dream so many women desire. How? How can she possibly look like anything she ever dreamed of? Witchcraft is how they would put it in this town of Worcester. Sorcery she was taught as a gypsy girl, roaming the lands, the world their entire home, moving each night to be greeted by a new land. And while she can make herself look like a youthful girl, Esmeralda is, in actual fact, a 29 year old woman. By no means is she unattractive. No, her skin a beautiful tanned hue, with flowing brown hair and the insurpassable beauty of the mysterious society that is the Romani.

Yet, Esmeralda is a vain woman. Beauty is of such importance that she feels the need to disguise herself as she really is. And she absolutely despises that, with each day, her skin will sag and her hair lose colour; that one day her youth, her beauty will be reaped of her until her last day and hour comes. with every second, she is aging. Esmeralda wishes for the beauty that she was years before. She cannot and will not accept age.

With this power, Esmeralda can look as she pleases. This transformation spell drains her of 6pp whenever it is in use, but it is a small price to pay for the security and craving she is granted with it. Physical power, however, is not affected and she does not become any stronger disguising herself as a warrior. It is all a visage. There is no truth behind it, and Esmeralda will still be the same person in the end. What she is, that is in her grasp, capable of being manipulated to her fancy. Who she is, she cannot.

History: Born into one of the rarer and dying Gypsy nomadic communities, Esmeralda learnt and was taught her magical abilities in this soceity of about seventy, eight families. For centuries, the Roma have been said to possess these supernatural powers, of foresight, of magic, of dark arts. Not all of this society was capable of magic, in fact very little. It has mystified man like the many enigmas and unknown secrets of the world. There is so much about our small planet that we cannot understand, comprehend. In those first few years of her life, Esmeralda was taught these secrets of the world.

The Roma or Gypsies have traveled for hundreds of years, first originating in India, but their influence is evident. The bands traveled throughout Asia and Europe, where proof of their jewellery and trading goods and allround influence can be seen. Each land they came into, they left a track, a little footprint in the sand. The Spanish style of dance and music, the flamenco, takes from Gypsy origins. How these nomadic people simply could not cease to move, the constant traveling and adventure, how Esmeralda loved it! These people closely bonded as the men and women took with them these horse-drawn carriages, wherever they stayed, it became home. It was all she knew, this was the only life she lead. And when it came to the night, all gathered around the campfire to dance to the tune of the elegant fiddle and the cadence of the people's feet.

Yet, this life was never lived with scrutiny. Since even the 14th century persecution of this lifestyle was about. Always moving, always finding new homes, it was supposedly wrong. Eventually, the nomadic culture of the Romani people was, one by one, snuffed out. People settled in towns, in cities, and started lives as workers. It came to the point that even Esmeralda's strong-willed society collapsed. The people dispersed, settling in Great Britain, in the Ottoman area and all through Europe. Those long thirteen years ago, her only an age of 16, the end to her home and culture.

But that was not the reason Esmeralda settled here in Worcester. No, if that was it, she would've fought to the very death for it. There was something more.

Esmeralda, the beauty and pride of her community, promiscuous and seductive. She was loved by many. As she danced at the fire, men would be enchanted, spellbound. And this was not with the influence of magic. It was her own beauty, her own soul that was so captivating. Now, virginity is an extremely sacred tradition in Romani culture, to be kept until marriage. That was of the utmost importance for women. Otherwise, they would bring shame to their community and be banished. Those long thirteen years ago, aged sixteen, Esmeralda fell pregnant. She had already slept with multiple partners and did not know the father - although knowing would do nothing for her, a bastard child no one would want to relate to. Esmeralda, this young woman, mortified by what had happened to her. She thought it was a curse. That the gods were spiting her. As people became more hostile towards these nomads, Esmeralda though desperately the onyl way out would be to leave her home and her life that she so loved, without care, without worry.

This is when Talaitha came in. Esmeralda settled in Worcester and started a business. She had no choice but to support herself and her child. At first she was icy towards this daughter who had brought this curse upon her, but like any mother with a heart, you cannot deny your own child, your own blood. So Esmeralda came to love this little girl. But she was different from her. Talaitha never knew, nor experienced, nor came to love the life Esmeralda so adored. She never traveled as a nomad. She is accustomed to this button-downed life in a small English town, while Esmeralda simply cannot. Talaitha, now thirteen, acts as more of a mother towards Esmeralda than anything else.

Esmeralda began her fortunetelling business when she came to the United Kingdom. She herself actually has no forsight abilities. She can't see into the future, nor does she have visions or great power and wisdom. It's all just an act. During the day, she manipulates herself to look as a decrepit, aged old woman, face complete with warts and all. When a woman like that tells your fortune, you can't not believe it. So she sits there, listens to these people and makes up complete bull and tells it to their faces.

Magic, still an unknown concept to most, considered witchcraft and they'd probably burn any woman at the stake they suspect of that. She could've done magic shows but it was too much of a risk. That's what Esmeralda hates. She hates how much she has to restrain herself to live this life. That is why she romas the nights, hence the comments about her situation. The night is secure, veiling, a cloak for which Esmeralda can release herself.

Personality: Put simply, Esmeralda is someone who yearns to be free. Ignorant, vain, unrestrained and impulsive. She uses her magic to satify her own conceited needs, but cares passionately for what and who she loves.

Not very often considering the consequences, Esmeralda is a pleasure seeking woman who enjoys a laugh, and often plays around with her magical abilities on others to amuse herself. It's not always that funny but she gets a kick out of it.

Combat Arts or Spells: Esmeralda uses only offensive black and summoning magic, no healing or solely poison, sleep, paralysis and so on inducing spells.

The four basic elemental spells:
    Fire – 2pp. Your average fire blast. Single target, fast casting and low power usage.
    Bolt – 2pp. Minor lightning bolt from the sky strikes a single target. It is less powerful than other spells such as fire, but causes stun in the enemy.
    Blizzard – 2pp. Brings about a sudden blast of chilling wind. Low damage but affects all opponents, makes them more susceptible to damage. Most effective against human enemies unprotected in light armour, where it slows down the attacks of enemies.
    Tremor – 2pp. The earth elemental, this causes a small quake in the earth. Disadvantage is that Quake affects all friends and foe on the field, but not including the caster. Will put all people off-balance for a second.
    In terms of approx. damage with no elemental weaknesses: Fire [single] > Bolt [single, stun] > Tremor [all enemies, + party] > Blizzard [all enemies, weakens]

Holy Ball – 4pp. A gusto of light and radiance, Holy Ball is most effective against dark opponents. Targets a single enemy, a honing orb explodes into a release of a brilliant glow. Has no affect on already holy opponents.

Dark Matter – 4pp. The opposite of Holy Ball, Dark Matter is most effective against light opponents as an ominous mist of darkness speeds towards the chosen target. The mist grows to engulf the opponent. Has no effect on dark enemies.

Vampire – 4pp. Drains the health of the target and returns it to the caster.
    Invisibility - 8pp. Temporarily renders caster invisible. Just need this for storyline purposes

Low Level Summoning – 4pp. The summoning of smaller familiars to the caster’s aid, including such things as a swarm of locusts, or bats, or vines or cats. Otherworldly as well as spirits from this world are able to be called upon. Depending on the caster’s skill is the range of which their call goes out and the vicinity of the familiars. It can be as little as a mere mile, ranging to even countries over. Bearing in mind the time it actually takes for the summons to flock towards the caster.

The higher, advanced versions of the elemental spells [longer casting time, each with an effect on the environment]:
    Vermillion Swallow - 6pp. A blazing display of sparks and explosions, Vermillion Swallow is both a powerful attack on a single opponent but also a blindingly brilliant show of beauty. Named after one of the four symbols of the Chinese constellations, it is a representation of the elemental fire. Longer casting time than its predecessor Fire, this sends out a gold and scarlet flame in the shape of a bird towards the single target and explodes on impact in an array of colours and light. Vermillion Swallow heats the environment, a slight increase in temperature and even fertile land becomes cracked with aridity.

Thunderstorm Tempest – 6pp. This causes the skies to darken, livid storm clouds to gather and lightning to strike from above onto all opponents. Rains fall as the field becomes darkened for a short amount of time. Again, less powerful than Vermillion Swallow, but hits all enemies and can cause stun.

Diamond Missile – 6pp. A series of homing ice missile-like rods scatter about to wound the enemies. The spell focuses on a single target but minor damage is done to other enemies on the field. These missiles are unavoidable and it is able to be dodged, as fast as they might be. It takes its name because these projectiles are inpenetrable and cannot be avoided. The environment becomes colder with Diamond Missile.

Earthquake
    – 6pp. Causes a large earthquake, magnitude ranging from 4.5 to even 7 on the Richter scale, on the field. The magnitude of the spell is extremely volatile, which is dangerous as this, like Tremor, affects all players on the field and can do just as much damage to the caster’s own team as it does to the enemies. Whether the plates move together [forming mountains and fault scarps], away from each other [gaping cracks in the ground, possible magma released], or alongside each other [the breaking of the rock, transforms the land with uneven rising or lowering of land] cannot be determined and could be any. This deforms the landscape and can transform the area.

Deity Summoning – 10pp. This is where the caster is capable of calling upon deities of the heavens and underworld to the caster’s aid. Extremely long casting time and any interruption deems the spell to be completely obsolete, as it requires intense concentration. Even then, there is a low rate of the deity bringing its presence, and will come depending on the cause of the outcry and the deity itself. For example, Freyr will only appear if he finds the battle and band of warriors to be gallant and righteous. Themis will appear if the battle has good cause, whether it is a fight against the unjust, or to even out a fair playing level for warriors with a disadvantage. Khorne would appear if he wanted to fuel the ongoing fire of war and conflict. Deity summoning does not specifically target a single god, but rather sends a plea to all and those who wish to help will appear. It can also have a negative effect if say a god of the underworld comes to spite those who fight for good. It must be kept in mind that the deities are indolent and powerful beings which normally hold much apathy for the mortal world.

She brought her fingers to her hair, streaming them through hazel fawn locks as her reflection mimicked her eagerly ... No, scratch that, her sable black locks. Didn't she look gorgeous. As young as sixt-, not that, let's say fifteen. She needed to leave as soon as possible, before her daughter awoke. Talaitha would be furious with her. Yet, the night was young, twilight only yawning above the rolling hills, and she would not let it go to waste. Hungry, it was hungry for life, colour, depth - and life she would grant it.

Esmeralda took another glance at the mirror before her. There was the tiniest degree of fine-tuning to be done. Like a cello, in all his majesty, find the purest string, strike the quintessent note, and that is perfection. She plumped her lips. Boosted her breasts. Tightened the waist. Widened the hips. Thinned the thighs. My god, she was beautiful.

A brilliantly and vividly coloured silk chemise and dress slipped against equally as smooth skin. The green, the gold, the beryl, the mauve, the velveteen and lace, the ashen and the charcoal – the red; that brilliant, brilliant red. An array of sequins and ribbons and even bells decorated her gown like a peacock's fine tail. How it shone! How she shone! It made Esmeralda feel like a queen, a goddess. Extravagant, yes, but all the more exquisite.

Staff in hand, she whispered a prayer for her daughter. She hoped she wouldn't get too enraged, but like an eagle's yearning desire to fly, Esmeralda never could control this overpowering lust and longing. As did Talaitha never could understand. She always scolded her, because she never felt what she did. Esmeralda pulled away tattered drapes and opened the window which creaked with discontent. It was her, a lone woman, up against the sun and the seas. With a hushed chant, Esmeralda took a leap out from the second floor of their ragged shack, and fell to the ground with the grace of the Siberian swan. The music was only just beginning. Heels silently touching her stage. Lips touching lips.

-----

For a long time now, Esmeralda shadowed the traveling band like the stretching, towering, growing, dancing silhouettes of the mountains and moun ds and trees and flames. So long 'till darkness befell without light for the shadows to live. Something about her presence they could not see. After all, she cast herself under the influence of an invisibility spell.

To be honest, she didn't very much enjoy being invisible, see-through, forgotten. Esmeralda would rather people stop, stare, gawk and feed her evergrowing soul. Their praise, their admiration she thirsted for. O, how she envied their freedom. The liberty to move, to move each day and each night, to travel and see the world and behold the fartherest reaches of the earth. Smell each and every fragrance there is to be smelled. To feel everything there is to feel. Love, life, death, joy, misery, greed. O! O! 'tis foul. Such a free soul, yet so chained, so constrained.

And Esmeralda just wanted to let go. To free herself. The body, the mind, the soul. How she longed to be free! How she longed to be one of these men and women! That's why she followed them. Impulsive, reckless, thoughtless, don't you think? Yet she followed them still like a shadow, into the distance and far away, with nothing on her mind but the heavy, weary heart she held.

Clinging onto the wood elf gingerly, Esmeralda held onto her staff in one hand and the other gripping the archer's clothes. Esmeralda felt her eyes heavy and her fingers tremble, and fell into the realm of sleep. She dreamt of nothing but release from her torturous agony. And when she awoke, she found herself far from her home, and yet so close. Because the world is her home. For the first time in decades, eras, Esmeralda felt it. She felt the entire world was once again her home. A fire blazed and music sung, and Esmeralda could not help but let her swift, elegant feet speak for her. One, two and three, four, one two and three, and ... with each step a merry jingle followed, out of place in the somber, chilling air. Esmeralda had no idea of what was going on here, but she could not care less. Esmeralda felt like that youthful child again. The flames danced as she did.

Esmeralda, short of breath, knelt behind the elf with the flute. He was the very same that she rode with. Eyes keen with interest and intrigue, as his fingers moved over the diminutive holes and the sweet wind - but not just wind, a sweet, melodious wind which spread like a pollen through the air and up to the heavens - that blew from it, paired with strings of the harp and as the two currents locked in embrace like a dancers' waltz, Esmerlada could not help but smile, a toothy smile as she peered over his shoulder. She let out a sigh and closed her eyes. Somehow, somehow music felt so much more whole with all sight gone. However, he could feel her warm, free breath against his neck.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast