Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Pirates: Chapter Two

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

IC: "Yes, the sunrise is pretty," replied Dart, who sat down. He paused a moment, "Personally, though, I prefer the sunset."

Dani nodded. "Those are cool too." Just then, the sky turned various shades of pink and orange.
    "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
    But in ourselves, that we are underlings."
    ~

IC: "'Ere comes the sun!" said Dart.

OOC: Here comes the sun doodle do do. Here comes the suuun

IC: "Yup." Dani said. She closed her eyes as the light washed over her.
    ~

OOC: That's what I was thinking when I wrote it.

IC: Dart closed his eyes to match Dani and felt the first rays cover him with their warmth. He never realised how comfortable the rays were until just then.

"The plan," Cho'kar began, thinking before he really spoke, "I suppose the next step will be to travel to China, and investigate the rumors of this desert fortress Keke saw. Most of our companions did not have very helpful visions when they entered the oracle, allthough I have not spoken to Siren about what she saw. It seems that this is our only lead. We have not received official orders from the Captain. Then again, she was supposedly dead only a day or so ago."

Cho'kar watched the horizon, it was very late, so late in fact that a new day was nearly upon them. It didn't matter though, a chance to discuss their plans didn't come often.

"I believe that the fortress belongs to the First God King. All I have to go on is rumor of course, but he is thought to have long since perished, though I do not know what it means to perish for one such as him. What are your thoughts, my swarthy friend?"
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Jergalzad removed his headdress and breathed deeply, leaning back, folding his arms behind his head. His long, black hair spilled out on the ground. "Speaking of Siren... where has she run off to? She's been acting odd since leaving the Oracle. I can see it deep in her eyes... Hm. No matter. I think it wise you not ask her what she saw. It seems.. personal."

Of course, Jergalzad had a vision too... A skeletal man, enrobed in darkness.. That was what the future held if he could not beat this curse. He also saw... Daerid, likewise enrobed in darkness. But what could that mean? The elf was dead.

"I imagine the fortress would be deep within the Gobi Desert, a vast expanse between China and Mongolia. I travelled it once, long ago, with a caravan of silk traders. The desert is freezing at night, and hotter than the Hells during the day. It is a long journey just to get there.. if we go by land, we must cross two continents... I suggest going by sea until we reach Arabia or Persia then following the silk road to China."
    It was a dark and stormy night...

"Hrmmm I had similar thoughts. Yes the Silk Road sounds like the best route. I believe we should do what we can to avoid Ygipt however. I do not like to speak of it of course, but I have a powerful enemy waiting for me there. He is the cause of the Servitors you bravely helped us to defeat, and I am not yet ready to face him," Cho'kar sighed then narrowed his eyes, "But I will be. There is something that troubles me. Your arm. The crystalline material in it reminds me very much of the orbs that Rama Doom used in the creation of his Servitors. Can you control it, if he attempts to use his magic to control you?"
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Oreos and cookie crunch! Hikari's Avatar

OOC: WHAT?! DANI up before TEN A.M.??! Wow. I'm like, shocked. O_o

IC: Audrey started regaining consciousness as soon as the sun poked its way up above the horizon. "Five more minutes," she mumbled weakly, still more than halfway asleep. But the sunrise waits for no one, and soon the sun's radiance was too bright for her to sleep in. She sleepily stood up, rubbed the arm that she had fallen asleep on, and peered around camp. For a moment she wondered where Dani and Dart were, then spotted them up in a tree. K-I-S-S-I-N-G! Her brain finished the childish little rhyme, and she was glad that neither Dani nor Dart could read minds.

OOC: They kissed?

Oreos and cookie crunch! Hikari's Avatar

OOC: No, fool.

OOC: Ah. Just the in-a-tree thing.

OOC: Dun dun da dun dun duh!

IC: "We should get down." Dani said, climbing down the tree. She jumped down from the last branch to find Audrey more-or-less awake. "Mornin' A." she smiled.
    ~

OOC: Dun dun da dun dun duh?

IC: Dart sat for a moment, contemplating on wether he should get out of tree just yet, then got up and jumped off the tree, landing in a kneel.

OOC: If you want Had, we'll have to stay here 'till wednesday.

OOC: My way of saying 'Duh!'
    ~

Jergalzad shook his head. "I do not know.. I have never tried to control it. It's just.. there. The servitors' defeat was a gamble that paid off. I am cursed, yet.. but perhaps I can use this against this.. Rama Doom. Or perhaps it will only empower him. Or perhaps if will give him free access to my power. I do not know, and conjecture is fruitless without more information. We shall just have to play it by ear. Though I don't see how that is any different from how we've managed things so far." He chuckled dryly. "When do we move out?"

"As soon as the Captain gives the order I suppose. The sooner the better I say, I am not proud of some of the things that have happened in this land and the sooner I put England behind me, the more comfortable I will be. I think I will talk to the Captain now, and see if the insight the Phoenix endowed me is any help. Please keep an eye on Keke, the death of Daerid was not easy for her. If she awakes, tell her that I will be back."

With that, the orc rose from his position and moved toward Kitsa.

"Captain, I would like to speak with you of our next plans."
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

Ervan opens one eye. Oh. That was unexpected. He opens his other eye. "Are you sure you want to do that?" he says.

Something unexpected within Ervan's field of vision would be greatly appreciated

Ed.

Jerg nodded as Cho'kar stood, sitting up slightly. He turned his gaze to Keke who lay still, Waverunner snuggling up against her. Jerg tucked an errant strand of hair behind her ear. She seemed.. peaceful now. It was not the image of Keke Jergalzad had grown accustomed to. She was intensely driven and devoted to her crew. But now... Hm, well, he could see why Cho'kar wanted her to be looked after.

He expected it would help to have someone on lookout to tell her that Cho'kar hadn't gone off on another journey were she to awake in his absence as well. He smirked before laying back down again. It was nearly dawn, he realized with a yawn... he hadn't had much time to sleep.

Earth hopefully, but sometimes I wonder...

OOC: You know, Siren did come back last night. Oh, and I also promise not to have an excess amount of Siren pity moments. That was sort of a one time thing...

IC: Everyone else seemed to be stirring up, she could here the distant sounds of Dani and who she assumed Dart climbing up a tree. Cho'Kar and Jergalzad where deep in conversation but she was to far away to hear what was being said. Rising up she searched around for Waverunner, the pup was happily snoozing with Keke. For a brief moment she was filled with fear, the dog could sense things. What if he was drawing away from her because he knew that she was wrong somehow, evil?

She left him there, and began searching through Pearl's saddle bags for some sort of breakfast. Knowing the others they would want to leave as soon as possible, the best kind of breakfast at this point was a quicky one. Her father had packed them some dried fruit and through much digging she found it buried in the bottom. Taking it out she opened the bag immediatly greeted with the sweet smell of the fruit, and oddly enough the glint of metal.

She pulled out the object and screamed in alarm. It was the dagger from the oracle, still rusted and engraved, but now she could spot a new name on it, Stella. She didn't understand, she had thrown it away, how had it come back to her? She dropped the bag of fruit on the floor, some of it scattering about the camp site.

This couldn't be possible. She fell on her knees and began digging frantically into the ground at an alarming rate, after the hole was about arm's lenngth in depth she threw the dagger in the dagger. She was about to cover it up when someone startled her.

"Are you sure you want to do that?" Ervan interupted.

Keke lay snuggling up to Waverunner and absentmindedly listening to Cho'kar and Jergalzad. Their conversation held little interest to her, men loved to gossip and before long she figured they would be cackling like a gaggle of geese about the rest of the Band. She was content to cuddle with the pup until she heard her name, "...Please keep an eye on Keke, the death of Daerid was not easy for her. If she awakes, tell her that I will be back."

What was she? A toddler that needed minders? She was a woman fully grown, she no longer needed to be tied to anyone's apron strings. She wasn't up for another tussle with the orc however, and so she deigned to ignore the comment... For now. She'd remember to bring it up later.

She was mildly surprised when Jergalzad brushed her hair away from her face, and it took considerable effort to school her features to stillness but somehow she managed it. He was... Puzzling. Were no humans easy to understand? For that matter, were no men? She had never met a man of any race that could be considered even remotely comprehensible. Except for Father.

Keke lay completely still until she heard Jergalzad's breathing become deep and even. When she was entirely certain he had fallen asleep she sat up and turned to look at him. She sat with her legs folded under her, leaning on one hand.

Leaning forward, her face inches above Jerg's, Keke whispered, “Strange human, what are you doing here? What is your game?”

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

OOC: Muttsy, as usual I loved your post, have as many pity moments as you would please you. I have had more than my fair share of self-indulgent loner posts.

Keke's question was not immediately met with a reply. She started to move away before Jergalzad, to her shock, spoke.. "Game?" His voice dripped with mock disdain, as if the very question had hurt him. "Why, whatever do you mean, Lady Keke?" He lay still, his eyes still closed.

"I sought the Oracle, Lady Keke, because I sought answers. Answers the Oracle did not provide, but I found... all of you. That is, perhaps, an answer in its own right. I think that a clue may lie in your journey and so I ask that you suffer me a while longer."

Keke effected a little laugh. She had been certain he was asleep. "Everyone is playing a game. I'm playing one, why wouldn't you be?" She smiled down at him.

"Not everyone plays by the same rules, or any rules at all for that matter." She let the silence stretch for a moment before continuing, "All of life is a game, may as well enjoy it."

Jerg shrugged helplessly. "Your metaphor is not bad at all... There are winners and losers, after all, and when the game ends, our score is tallied by the Gods. Let us hope that our roll of the dice, or play of the cards, or spin of the wheel keeps us a step ahead of those who would do us harm, eh?"

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast