Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pros and Cons of Eugenics

Hybrid View

In a world... where a voice from the heavens tells you to CUT LOOSE. Octazooka's Avatar

Default Pros and Cons of Eugenics

Paired with: Qoorl the Atomic Cowboy, Sasuke the Ninjassasin, Solly the Wise King, and Keke Le Cat

[Virgin Pride:yes:]

Pro: A planet full of Jessica Albas.

Con: Kids named Eugene get beat up alot.

I can't say I've never fantasized about repopulating the Earth with gorgeous, healthy, intelligent sPecimens but somewhere down the line freaks will pop up and we'll have to go sPartan on ugly babies. That's pretty much why they failed as a civilization, I believe.

I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.

In a world... where a voice from the heavens tells you to CUT LOOSE. Octazooka's Avatar

Nidogod, have you ever seen Gattaca?
    Paired with: Qoorl the Atomic Cowboy, Sasuke the Ninjassasin, Solly the Wise King, and Keke Le Cat

Considering natural selection currently favors stupid people, I support this Eugenics.
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." - Time Enough For Love, by Robert Heinlein

I support it because we would have fewer hereditary diseases or malformaties, less lifetime suffering because your parents decided you could live with it.

No but I have seen Idiocracy.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

We could just hope for the Darwin Awards to become more and more popular.

They might say they don't mix Religion and Politics, but they do. They still mention God in both Canadian + American national anthems for fuck sakes.

Besides the point.

Ok, I think that eventually we'll have the technology to alter human dna for both health and superficial reasons. (tumorless brains, melon boobs, blond haired, blue eyed Asian girls) So I guess that's a strep above having a mate chosen for your superior breeding. The downside would be that if your kids' genes get played around with, it's not really your dna your passing down.

The Mother still has to give birth to the kid, regardless.

eve can you please lock this

^Disregard that request, I like this topic.

That said, I find this interesting a few minutes in...

Thank you, Nidogod.

Pros: Eradication of inheretant(sp?) diseases, like Alzheimers and Parkinsons.

Cons: ...what are the odds the'll let some people be left handed? Mind you, some people are geniuses because they can really use the right side of their brain, whereas right-handed use the left side a bit more.

Is there an ambidexterity gene we can cultivate?

Hmm... I don't know, but isn't your Dominant hand decided by genes?

I don't think t is. My step father is right handed and so is his brother, even though both their parents were left handed.

Hmmm, well it's good to know we can't totally be conformed.

Indeed.

Teeth differences are genetic too, right?

I believe so.

No need for braces then. The Dentist industry would go bankrupt.

EsPecially if we could breed people to grow back all missing teeth like dinosaurs did.

But if we breed a perfect world then there would be no need to grow back teeth.

well it can be cool thing but it will never pass because there are so many people. Think they will be erased. there's just a whole lot of evil out there twisted and insane. And lots of stupid fools that could cause a panic. It's an idea that's great but can be turned upside down.

I never said erase the people aready around, just start ''improving'' the gene pools they pass down. Come to think of it, is Homosexuality a trait?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast