Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Third Attempt at a Non-Generic Introductory Thread Title

Default My Third Attempt at a Non-Generic Introductory Thread Title

The first attempt was The start of a new era. I decided it was a bit too cliché for an introductory thread title and that it was a tad bit generic. The second shot I had for the title of this topic was definitely an improvement (Don't click on this thread) but it left me feeling rather empty inside. I needed something that was brimming with life, not hopelessly pessimistic. I had finished the rest of my post and I sat down on my chair for a good nine minutes (I know it was nine minutes because I watched the clock on the bottom right corner of the screen), crossing off various thread title ideas that somehow popped into my mind. I wasn't too impressed with any of the options that my brain presented me with so I decided to get a drink as drinking allows me to mellow down a bit and make my thoughts slightly more clear and thorough. I was on my way back from my kitchen, sipping my orange juice when the title of the thread struck me. It was the title. Completely non-generic because it had nothing to do with the thread at all. Now that I think of it though, perhaps it is extremely generic. Just listen to me for a second. Nobody likes being unoriginal, right? I'm a member on a few other forums and the titles of welcoming threads these days and never the realistic thread titles you are comfortable with. Maybe I'm being unoriginal by attempting to be original. It's a paradox, I guess.

Well, I can't say that I'm not impressed with the fact that I managed to waste twenty seconds of your life with that wall of text, but I do feel the need to actually get to the part of the post that this thread was created for. Some of you may be enthralled by what I have to say, others, not so much. That's okay. I know that no matter what I write down here, you will all have forgotten it within five minutes of reading it. I'll write a short biography of myself down despite that depressing thought though.

My name is James. I'd prefer it if you were to call me by my username, but if you have to be a rebel, don't try and give me a nickname or anything like that. James is what I was born with and James is what I will die with. I don't need any other name. I'm seventeen, but I decided long ago that birthdays were not to be celebrated as they just reminded the birthday boy or girl that they were one year closer to death. My favourite colour is grey and my posts would be covered with it if it weren't for the fact that it clashes horribly with the forum skin. Don't worry though, I'll get over it. I tend to over-analyze practically everything and it does irritate people on other forums so you'll unfortunately have to get used to it. I'm also a perfectionist, but from reading through the archived threads I can tell that you were all capable of figuring out that piece of information yourselves. I love music and I have Limewire and music should always be influenced by friends and strangers so if you have any tunes to recommend, please do.

Anyways, the damage is done so I'm going to go and lurk in a few threads or whatnot. Later.

You know that it's time to go when you don't need to try to be cool.

Kill you? Little ol' moi? Ninetails 009's Avatar
    Snazzy Southlands, Sizzling Sexy Singapore

Welcome~

Forgive me if I start calling you Twiggy after a while.

Hey, welcome.

Nice intro! <3s

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

Uh, hello.

Every newbie must answer this question: what do you think my favorite color is?
    "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
    But in ourselves, that we are underlings."
    ~

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

Wow, that's long. RP long. Yeah, I'm not reading that. Hi anyway, whoever you are. *jumps out of a window*

Hrmm.. I'm not QUITE sure If I think you're intolerably awesome or if I despise you with the blazing fury of a million exploding suns(Or sons). ANyways Welcome aboard hoss.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

PD's Favorite Anti-Hero

Welcome to the forums, Twig. I'll see ya around.
    ¯\(º_o)/¯
    where is miley cyrus when you need a hand job?

Incognito Argh Peer; Somewhat Retired Ani Medley's Avatar

Greetings.

I hope you are not looking for Maria again? She got abducted by Pyramid Heads...again.

Also, if I call people by a nickname of my choosing, it means I like/respect them in no particular order, so hold back the chainsaw, eh?

Meandering aside, welcome to Pedo Forums.

The eternal scene, immortalised before those dastardly fanmakes.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeKazron
    See, that's the problem with trying to sound intelligent when you're an idiot. You screw up.

hi im wondering on average how long you spend making each post? have you ever written out a really long one and later decided not to post it cuz i can see you doin that. also im curious what other forums you post at if you dont mind me asking

I wasn't originally going to reply to any of the posts in this thread but I have time to spare so I guess my intentions will be ignored for a few moments.

Welcome~

Forgive me if I start calling you Twiggy after a while.
    Twiggy actually has a ring to it, doesn't it?

Uh, hello.

Every newbie must answer this question: what do you think my favorite color is?
    Purple. I know that from reading your posts in ChibiSuicune's thread. I would've guessed it as well because of the font colour.

hi im wondering on average how long you spend making each post? have you ever written out a really long one and later decided not to post it cuz i can see you doin that. also im curious what other forums you post at if you dont mind me asking
    My typing is pretty fast but I'm not sad enough to count how much seconds it takes me to type every post I make. And yes, mostly because I got bored when I was halfway through writing them. And no, I'm not telling you what other forums I post at 'cause I'm leaving the two of them very soon.

You know that it's time to go when you don't need to try to be cool.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

You sound like you have a very wooden personality, maybe you could stick around, and be another limb to the forums.

[/bad puns]

Anyways, welcome.

*Gets in the Spongebob outfit*

WELCOME TO OUR CLU-UB! WELCOME TO OUR CLU-UB! WELCOME SQUIDWARD WELCOME SQUIDWARD WELCOME SQUIDWARD-

I'll cut it off there.

I've always wanted to do that.
    derp

Kill you? Little ol' moi? Ninetails 009's Avatar
    Snazzy Southlands, Sizzling Sexy Singapore

Twiggy doesn't have that much of a ring rather than an impression. I tend to modify names such that they end with an 'ee' sound when pronounced. Part of my nature, but that just makes the name seem...fluffier. And most fluffy stuff go well in my book. Even a fluffy evil Professor Oak. Though that addition does bring reduction to the evil part of the statement.

Apart from that, let's see which section of the forum you're finally going to immerse yourself in.

Disembowelment is forthcoming Yojimbo's Avatar

Welcome twig.
    I needed something that was brimming with life, not hopelessly pessimistic
    I'm seventeen, but I decided long ago that birthdays were not to be celebrated as they just reminded the birthday boy or girl that they were one year closer to death.
    Third time's the charm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    Then we will dye easter eggs and watch stupid horror movies until she pisses her pants and I die.
    “I’m growing impatient with these malevolent slithering reptiles on this bloody aircraft.”
    - Snakes on a Plane (As if spoken by a proper Englishman)

You know, I like the whole fact that you're a literate newbie, but will every post you make be that long? My eyeses hurt. Yesss. Nassty long wordses.
    omae wa mou shindeiru

Hey pk2. I smell a hypocrite. You make shorter posts, but at the same time select a variety of commonly confusing and big words that average IQ scorers here won't recall unless they're energetic enough to look it up in an online dictionary. :/
    Then we will dye easter eggs and watch stupid horror movies until she pisses her pants and I die.
    “I’m growing impatient with these malevolent slithering reptiles on this bloody aircraft.”

Yes, but I don't take up half the bleeding page when I make my posts.
    omae wa mou shindeiru

Point.
    ~

The longer the post, the harder impact it will take on the ones that really read it. Your personality and true colors will show prouder to everyone else, and people will know more about who you are as a person. The idea of a forum is to gather with people from all around the world and try to develop long distant friendships by revealing as much about your thoughts and personality to them as you possibly can.

Which reminds me: Ed! PK! I might be going to England!!
    ~

Oh shi-
    omae wa mou shindeiru

~

I kid, I kid. But I think I said that I was starting school in Americaville. If I didn't, well, I am. But feel free to wander around London screaming my name. I might be there.
    omae wa mou shindeiru

I just realized i don't know your name...

You're starting school in the US? What state?
    ~

New York. Fox Lane Mid.

And it's Paige.
    omae wa mou shindeiru

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast