Thread: Pokemon Platinum

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Default Pokemon Platinum

So, after a few, requests I finally decided to write an article on Pokemon Platinum. Here's the breakdown (I must say, it sounds a lot cooler than Daimond or Pearl):

-Pokemon Platinum is scheduled to be released on Septemer 17 to all of Japan. The dates for anywhere else have yet to be announced.

-Giratina will be appearing on the cover, being the third of the dragon trio. (Giratina, Dialga, and Palkia)

-There will, of course, be a special promo DS kit:

(Left: Cover for Pokemon Platinum, Right: Promo DS with original color "Platinum White")

-The GTS will have some new changes to it, including the introduction of the "Global Terminal". This allows you to also trade with your your friends over Wi-fi. (The way that this is different from just regular trading over Wi-Fi has yet to be announced).

-A new item called the "Battle Recorder" is introduced, which (of course) records battles, which you can then send to anyone in the world.

-The story is slightly different from that of the others. Shinnoh's gotten colder, and a mysterious void has appeared at the top of Mt. Coronet, which takes you to the Ruined World, Giratina's original domain. In this world, Giratina takes on his Origin Forme:

-Due to Shinnoh's colder climate, the main characters have taken on a more covering clothing style to keep themselves warm. Even the Poketechs have a new design:

I'll put up more info as I get around to it.

Incognito Argh Peer; Somewhat Retired Ani Medley's Avatar

It's late in coming, but that's all right.

Also, am I the only one who, upon seeing Lucas and Dawn's outfits, is wondering whether they deserve a facepalm or a LOL? Lucas especially; his rich-kid appearance really, really clashes with his supposedly "winter" gear, and I'm not going to go into the beret. Dawn's less offensive, but barely...just barely. (Being the logically-inclined pervert I am, I'm looking at her skirt here. Skirts in winter?)

Enough grousing. I've also heard Shaymin's got a Sky Forme, and is there any information pertaining to that? (Like, how compatible it would be in Platinum/Diamond-Pearl battles?)

The eternal scene, immortalised before those dastardly fanmakes.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeKazron
    See, that's the problem with trying to sound intelligent when you're an idiot. You screw up.

Shaymin's Sky Forme appears when, well, I can't remember. It looks pretty cool though. You should google it.

Dawn's a smart one. She puts on a scarf for the apparent cold weather, yet wears a mini-dress. Give her some pants, Nintendo.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

Dawn has possibly the shortest skirt of all pokemon characters.

I take that back. She's only wearing a coat.

She obviously gets most of her money from other funds.

In a world... where a voice from the heavens tells you to CUT LOOSE. Octazooka's Avatar

It's nintendos hobby. Drawing jailbait.
    Paired with: Qoorl the Atomic Cowboy, Sasuke the Ninjassasin, Solly the Wise King, and Keke Le Cat

[Virgin Pride:yes:]

When dawn comes, Dawn is finished her real job.

Quote Originally Posted by Solly View Post
    When dawn comes, Dawn is finished her real job.

On topic, the Sky Forme I Googled up shows the fake version. Does Nintendo even have an official one up?

See, that's the problem with trying to sound intelligent when you're an idiot. You screw up.

In a world... where a voice from the heavens tells you to CUT LOOSE. Octazooka's Avatar

Yes they do. Shaymin looks like a reindeer.
    Paired with: Qoorl the Atomic Cowboy, Sasuke the Ninjassasin, Solly the Wise King, and Keke Le Cat

So I noticed after extensive digging. (Imaging so I don't have to sleuth to find it again, and for you lazier sorts.)

Hello, Olive the Other Reindeer.

I found most of my info on the Sky Forme on Bulbapedia.

Quote Originally Posted by Ani Medley View Post
    So I noticed after extensive digging. (Imaging so I don't have to sleuth to find it again, and for you lazier sorts.)

Hello, Olive the Other Reindeer.
    It's Oliver's cousin, Suma.

*looks at characters* *sigh* I guess I'm choosing the girl again, due to the boy be a faggot rich-boy.
    derp

Quote Originally Posted by lac459 View Post
    *looks at characters* *sigh* I guess I'm choosing the girl again, due to the boy be a faggot rich-boy.
    yeah, I noticed that the guy looked a little too (you already broke the ice politically correct-wise) queer too late. I was gonna buy diamond and restart my pearl, choosing the girl for at least one game, because of that little queer-bag
    People all across the country just want the same things: money, naughty sex, and mouth-watering barbeque.
    ---Lewis Black, a real American hero

i think she is only wearing a coat! but it sounds really cool and looks a lot better than diamond or pearl
    Gardevoir is awesome!!So is Lugia!!!;)

Name: Angel
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

Johnny The Creampuff

Will this come out to the US?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny The Creampuff View Post
    Will this come out to the US?
    Of course not, Nintendo has made it a habit over the past 10 years not to release every single Pokemon game in existence outside of Japan.

Oh wait ...
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-