Thread: blue electrike

Ares00101

Question blue electrike

while playing ruby, i found a blue electrike that flashed when it came up on the screen. i already had an electrike, but i caught it just in case. is there any difference between the regular electrike and the blue one?

It's a shiny pokemon. It's rare. keep it.
    derp

Ares00101

but is it more powerful than a regular or is it just cooler looking?

I honest to god mean it! Now where the hells my sammich?!? Eon Spirit's Avatar
    Hoping intelligence sparks in some peoples minds...

Rarer, harder to find, to be exact 1 in 8153 or something like that, anyways, yes keep it, very fun to taunt friends that you have one and they don't. Unless of course you have...ah nevermind...
    New Claimed Character: Onikami O'Donnel Son of Wolf O'Donnel
    Awesome!! The spirituous Soulhaven Town Come join the club Cyndaquils, get'm now!

Albums wanting:
    Slipknot - Vol. 3 (The subliminal Verses)
    White Stripes - Eephant
    Halo 2 Soundtrack 1
    Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
    Disturbed - Ten Thousand Fists

I've never run into a shiny Pokemon in my life. I've played every single generation of Pokemon games since Gen II for at least a year (except for Gen IV, three months for Pearl so far) and have yet to encounter one. You're lucky.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

Does Dragonite scare you? Dragonfright's Avatar

My brother ran into a shiny meditite once. Worst part was he gave it away for something not shiny. (And he always said no to me )

My only legit caught shiny is the all revered Ditto. Yes he's blue this time.

Caugt it in Leafgreen. Shameful thing is that in my Firered the Marowak ghost was shiny, damn that eluding ghost!!
    Awesome!! The spirituous Soulhaven Town Come join the club Cyndaquils, get'm now!

Albums wanting:
    White Stripes - Eephant
    Halo 2 Soundtrack 1

The watchers on the wall dragon_berry's Avatar

The only REAL shiny I saw is a shiny Gyarados on Poke_hunter's DS (Me and FW are the one who catch it). A friend of mine used codes to find all the shinies he need.
    --A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world--

Fallen_wings Global "Warming" Poke_Hunter Eon Spirit Trixie God

Silver_Espeon, Myuu, Shadow and The Editor

Ah, the Blue Electrike...the first shiny I caught in the Gem Generation. I still have him to, 'cept he's already evolved...A black and gold Manectric.

That must be awesome!! Still hate that stupid marowak. Oh well, blue ditto ftw!!

Albums wanting:
    White Stripes - Eephant
    Halo 2 Soundtrack 1

Shiny pokemon are no longer any more powerful than normal ones, not since GSC.
    I caught a shiny electrike as well, in the same game as my shiny Rayquaza (oh yes, it IS 100% legit and I did not notice its shininess until I checked its summary. caught it on, like, my 20th try).

My first shiny was Raikou in G/S/C. It was sexy
    derp

Like a Ditto IP

Albums wanting:
    White Stripes - Eephant
    Halo 2 Soundtrack 1

The watchers on the wall dragon_berry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Glacius9 View Post
    Shiny pokemon are no longer any more powerful than normal ones, not since GSC.
    I caught a shiny electrike as well, in the same game as my shiny Rayquaza (oh yes, it IS 100% legit and I did not notice its shininess until I checked its summary. caught it on, like, my 20th try).
    They are stronger! They had more IV, that's what make them shinies.
    --A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world--

Fallen_wings Global "Warming" Poke_Hunter Eon Spirit Trixie God

Silver_Espeon, Myuu, Shadow and The Editor

Shinyness is just a random number attached to every pokemon's gender slot, even for genderless pokemon. If you want to find more go here http://www.serebii.net/games/shiny.shtml. explore the sites game mechanics pages for more on shinyness. I've read just about everything there, and the guy that made those pages is a GENIUS! He cracked open those games in ways that would make the game-developers turn over in their graves!

EDIT: oh, did you mean they were stronger in Gold, silver and crystal? (I found my own sentence possibly confusing as well). yes they were. in Ruby, Sapphire, and beyond, they are just as strong as normal ones, unless they have good IVs by chance as well.
    (Fun fact: the chances of getting a shiny pokemon with perfect IVs is 8.796093x10^12 to one)

Registered Users Regular Bluebabe kitten's Avatar

I've never encountered a shiny before, too much time consuming.
    Pairs:
    Eve
    Fallen Wings
    Atomika

http://digi-geek.tumblr.com/

Its not really time consuming unless you're actually desperate enough to go looking for one. I find that shiny Pokemon never show up when you're looking for them, and yet are a pleasant surprise when they appear.

Of course, in D/P it is a little easier to know when one is going to appear if you use that little gadget...haven't played the game in a while, so I can't remember what its called...the PokeRadar??