Thread: Decks/Strategies Discussion

Hybrid View

Default Decks/Strategies Discussion

Well I'm fairly suprised that one of these hasn't been posted yet.

Basically you can post your deck(s) and give the strategy for it possibly have it rated, etc. Please make sure that you play by the rules actually and don't submit a charizard ex and call it a deck.

Anyway, to show you how it's done, I'll start with my deck.

Black Forest:

ENERGY:

Dark Energy: 6 basic and 3 special for a total of nine dark energy cards

Grass Energy: 15 basic

TOTAL ENERGY: 24

TRAINER:

Premier Ball(Great Encounters): 2

Prof. Elm's Training Method(Dragon Frontiers): 2

Bebe's Search(Mysterious Treasures): 2

Amulet Coin(Great Encouters): 2

Holon Mentor(Dragon Frontiers): 1

Master Ball(Delta Species): 1

TOTAL TRAINERS: 10

POKEMON:

Zangoose(G/E): 4

Darkrai(G/E,3/106): 1 (There are two different kinds of darkrai in this series so this is 3/106)

Darkrai(G/E,4/106): 2

Darkrai LV. X(G/E): 1

Treeko(G/E): 3

Treeko(EX Dragon): 1

Grovyle(G/E): 2

Grovyle(Ruby and Sapphire): 1

Sceptile(R/S,11/109): 1

Sceptile(R/S,20/109): 1

Cacnea(Crystal Guardians): 4

Cacturne(G/E): 4

TOTAL POKEMON: 26

Strategy:

Ok so I have plenty of energy in my deck to support the attack cost of my pokemon. I don't want to run out ever so I keep a little less than 25 energy in my decks usually.

I have my trainers there which most are supporter cards just so I can keep geting the cards I need quickly, as most decks do.

Now for the best part. I have four Zangoose because they're basic and fairly strong for something you can just throw out there since you only need one energy to attack with 20 damage. Zangoose helps me since he can take a few hits while I play a trainer or evolve a pokemon on the bench.

Treecko is there so I can evolve him and I would use him as a last resort since cacnea can call out a basic pokemon from the deck(darkrai). Once Treecko evolves he gets tough. Really tough in some situations where I don't even need to evolve him anymore. Sceptile is final and can really kick some ass even though I've never gotten to use him yet.

Cacnea can call for family which lets me take a basic pokemon from my deck, as I said before. Once he evolves into cacturne though he's sometimes unstoppable. I like to take advantage of needle arm's effect.

Finally, Darkrai. The first one I mentioned is sorta crap unless you're fighting cresselia or are planning on leveling him up immediately. The Other Darkrais though can actully KO pokemon fairly easily and are my preference to level up into Darkrai LV. X. Once he's lv X he's just incredible. He has yet to be seen destroyed.

So that's a basic, pretty mediocre description. If you don't understand what attacks are/do/etc, please use this site. It has scans of almost every card made.

http://pokebeach.com/

So if you have some time try to get some posted!! And Don't forget to give your opinoin on other's!

POKEMON
    Majestic Dawn Aipom lvl.15 60Hp x4
    Scratch 10
    Last Resort 30
    Flip a coin. If tails, this attack does nothing.

Mysterious Treasures Ambipom lvl.36 80Hp x4
    Tail Influence 30
    Your opponent flips a coin until they get heads. For each tails, your opponent discards an eneregy card attached to their active pokemon.
    Charity Tail 80
    Your opponent may discards 2 cards from their hand. If they do this attack's base damage is 10 instead.

Platinum Giratina lvl. 55 100Hp x2
    Poké-POWER: Let Loose
    Once during your turn, when you put Giratina from your hand onto your Bench, you may use this power. Each player shuffles his or her hand into his or her deck and draws up to 4 cards. (You draw your cards first.)
    Earth Power
    Flip 2 coins. This attack does 10 damage times the number of heads to each of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Platinum Giratina LV.X 130Hp x2
    Poké-BODY: Invisible Tentacles
    Whenever your opponent's Pokémon tries to attack, your opponent discards 1 card from his or her hand. (If your opponent can’t discard 1 card, your opponent's Pokémon can't attack.) You can't use more than 1 Invisible Tentacles Poké-Body each turn.
    Darkness Lost
    This attack does 30 damage to each of your opponent's Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.) If any of your opponent's Pokémon would be Knocked Out by damage from this attack, put that Pokémon and all cards attached to it in the Lost Zone instead of discarding it.

Rising Rivals Jirachi lvl.39 60Hp x3
    Poké-POWER: Final Wish
    Once during your opponent's turn, if Jirachi would be Knocked Out by damage from an attack, you may search your deck for any 1 card and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.
    Swift 20
    This attack's damage isn't affected by Weakness, Resistance, Poké-Powers, Poké-Bodies, or any other effects on the Defending Pokémon.

Secret Wonders Farfetch'd lvl.26 60Hp x4
    Swords Dance
    During your next turn, Farfetch'd's Leek Slap attack's base damage is 60.
    Leek Slap 30
    During your next turn, Farfetch'd can't use Leek Slap.

Trainer Cards
    Secret Wonders Team Galactic's Mars x4
    Draw 2 cards. Then, choose a card from your opponent's hand without looking and put it on the bottom of his or her deck.

You can play only one Supporter card each turn. When you play this card, put it next to your Active Pokémon. When your turn ends, discard this card.

Great Encounters Moonlight Stadium x4
    This card stays in play when you play it. Discard this card if another Stadium card comes into play. If another card with the same name is in play, you can't play this card.

The Retreat Cost for each [psychic] and [dark] Pokémon (both yours and your opponent's) is 0.

Legends Awakened Poké Radar x3
    Look at the top 5 cards of your deck, choose as many Pokémon as you like, show them to your opponent, and put them into your hand. Put the other cards back on top of your deck. Shuffle your deck afterward.

Stormfront Premier Ball x3
    Search your deck or your discard pile for a Pokémon LV.X, show it to your opponent, and put it into your hand. If you search your deck, shuffle your deck afterward.

Stormfront Luxury Ball x1
    Search your deck for a Pokémon (excluding Pokémon LV.X), show it to your opponent, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward. If any Luxury Ball is in your discard pile, you can't play this card.

Supreme Victors Cyrus's Initiative x3
    You can play only one Supporter card each turn. When you play this card, put it next to your Active Pokémon. When your turn ends, discard this card.

Flip 2 coins. If either of them is heads, look at your opponent's hand. For each heads, choose 1 card from your opponent's hand and put it on the bottom of your opponent's deck in any order.

Great Encounters Amulet Coin x3
    Attach Amulet Coin to 1 of your Pokémon that doesn't already have a Pokémon Tool attached to it. If that Pokémon is Knocked Out, discard this card.

If the Pokémon Amulet Coin is attached to is your Active Pokémon at the end of your turn, draw a card.

ENERGY
    Psychic Energy x 20

-----------------------------------------------

Strategy
    This is the fun part! My strategy is to get my opponents hand down to nothing, or a little of a hand he can have. Usually around 1 or 2 cards. Why?
    So that my Ambipom's Charity Tail can do straight 80 damage to an opponent.
    Giratina LV.X is there to help this to come true and to protect my pokemon from being attacked.
    The reason for Farfetch'd is so that during my first turn I can use swords dance, the second turn Leak Splap does 60 instead. Very few basic pokemon can handle this damage. So most people will try to save their active by retreating or by using cards in their hand. This makes the opponent discard cards from their hand, it's a good sign for me.
    Now for the Jirachi's use nifty little buggers. Their attack detour uses the support's effect that I had played that turn. So let's say I played Cyrus's Initiative. I flip my coins and put two of my opponent's cards at the bottom of their deck. Then I use Jirachi's detour, which allows me to do the same thing. I flip two coins and bam! I get one heads, but I still get to put one card at the bottom of their deck.
    So by now my opponents hand is getting smaller since they have to play energies and pokemon. They might K.O. my Jirachi, but it's Poke-Power allows me to search my deck for any card. I usually go for a Giratina if my opponents hand is larger than 5 cards. I can later use my Pokeradar or PremierBall to search for Giratina LV.X
    So when my Giratina LV.X is out, my opponents hand is small, they play an energy card, and it continues to get smaller. Even if Girantina LV.X is on the bench, Giratina's PokeBody is still in effect. So I can now take out my Ambipom and use Charity Tail. They use their last two cards to prevent my damage. They have no cards in their hand!
    Now it's their turn, they draw a card. It could be an energy or something. They play it, I was right. It was an energy card, but now they can't attack me because of my Giratina's Pokebody is still screwing them over. So it's my turn, I draw a card and use Charity Tail, since they have no cards in their hand, I put 80 damage on them.
    The remaining Cyrus's Initiative and Team Galatic's Mars make sure that my opponents hand stays the way it is, nothing.

In other words, my deck is a lock down deck, but instead of just preventing my opponent from evolving, I stop them dead in their tracks from doing much of anything. They can't attack, they can't place energy cards or pokemon, and trainer cards don't help.

Ok actually I am thinking of posting mine but it prpbably sucks compared to yours but anyway.

Oh yeah leo watch out for necroposting I am sure pichu/hicky will allow it a few times but that is something they can get you on.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    Ok actually I am thinking of posting mine but it prpbably sucks compared to yours but anyway.

Oh yeah leo watch out for necroposting I am sure pichu/hicky will allow it a few times but that is something they can get you on.
    woops! I didn't realize the date on here. Thanks for the heads up.
    I sometimes skip the little details, that's what long nights and coffee does to someone.

I'm curious what people here play with. I mean, what kind of decks they have and their strategies. Learning new things is good experience in battling.

Also, this could be a good place to help improve by asking advice and such.

Yours seems good you must have a lot of cards for all of those pokemon. Saddly I have a very simple stratagy spam out on pokeballs. I does enough to kill any local foes.

My brother and I share cards. We each keep a separate binder and since I travel around I find different pokemon leagues to trade people with. I usually have rares I might not need and trade that card for several uncommons. I might be able to trade one rare I don't need at all with someone for two rares, one I do need and another that has potential to be in someone's deck. Than I repeat, trade for one I do need and one that someone else might need.
    That's smart trading.
    My brother and I do this, so we don't buy booster packs often because of smart trading. But when I do finely go home to visit, we share our cards and manage our decks. My brother is more on the heavey damage, while I'm on doing weird stuff to my opponent to win. Like the deck above.
    Right now I'm building a Sandy Cloak Wormadam deck. I'm using Brelooms as well. I'm using the new one that makes the opponents retreat cost 0 until the end of my turn. People will think that this will help the opponent. Not in my case, I'm also using the other Breloom that uses Sky Upper Cut (I think that's what it's called...) anyway, the attack does 60+ 60 more if the retreat cost of the defending pokemon is 0. Still getting the kinks out of it.

http://www.go-pokemon.com/
    http://www.go-pokemon.com/tcg/cards/
    http://www.go-pokemon.com/tcg/cards/dp/

This has all their cards for the DPPt set. You can look through them and think of different strategies.