Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Heaven's Fall: The RP

Default Heaven's Fall: The RP

Heavensfall: Armageddon Rumble
    The Beginning

It is the end of September, 1999. The city of Spielburg is restless. School has started back for two months now. Homecoming is looming ahead, and the Fall Dance in particular is only a week away. A massive meteor shower will be occuring then, with major meteorological societies planning to observe the event. Everyone who is anyone is planning parties for the time. It seems like this will be a local holiday for all practical purposes. Indeed it will truly be a Holy Day, after a fashion. The people of Spielburg have no idea what lies in store for them.

)()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()( )()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()(

Jack:

It was Friday evening. School had just ended for the week. The football team had a game, not that Jack went to many. He'd go to the Homecoming game of course, that was expected of anyone with a social life at Spielburg High. That was still nearly a month away though. Now it was time to find something to do. Cruise the streets? Maybe, but not without a posse. Go see a movie? He'd seen everything except maybe American Beauty or the 6th Sense. The first he wouldn't see on principal, the second he didn;t want to watch without a date. OOh there was a thought, pick up chicks. But where? And that brought up an even more pressing matter. He STILL didn't have a date for the Fall Dance. He was Jack Jones! He was Everyman, the most popular non prep, non jock, non nerd, stereotypeless senior in school. And no date. Now he had a mission.

Sliding into his trans-am, Jack cranked her up and turned on the radio, flipping through the channels. Cher... no, Freak on a Leash...eh not so much, Tom Jones? Interesting but... not now, OOh, Will Smith... Wild Wild West. That would do it. He pulled out of the student lot and began driving. First stop, Sander's. It was an old style drive in fast food joint. It was a popular enough place, so maybe someone would show up. Besides he never ate the cafeteria food, blech. And that meant hunger was rapidly descending.

Jack pulled into a booth at Sander's and looked around.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

IC: Michael was puzzling. He pondered and though and theorized and hypothesized and positioned and viewed and questioned and was suddenly awoken by the smell of his french fries coming. They had that nice seasoning on them that everyone loved, and were made in this nice kinda thin, kinda filling way that left Michael with an enjoyable taste in his mouth every time. This is a lot better than that Colonel's place.

Michael went back to his thoughts as he munched on his fries. Next year he'd be graduating, but he couldn't just run off to college. He'd only be a measly boy of 13. Michael wanted to wait until he had at least obtained a driver's license before he ran off to college, with a small chunk of the recently obtained family fortune. But that would mean at least 3 long years with his mother doing nothing. Then again, he could do other things, but what Michael did not know. Get a girlfriend, maybe learn how to cook well, learn how to play some more elusive instruments.

Of course the other thing that bugged Michael is that if he ever went to college/university/graduating school, what courses he would take and how they would benefit him at all besides a nice little diploma. Michael already knew must of what any college course taught, and if he was really up to it he could forge one of those nice little diplomas. But Michael didn't feel like he could lie about that.Would I ever even really need a diploma? Michael also knew that places like Oxford and Yale would be pining his presence, but Michael wasn't sure exactly if they would do anything for him. I could just make a living doing nothing with mother, the way the stock market is going right now...

Michael turned his thoughts to his mother, who was sitting in the driver's seat, eating her food gingerly. Her chestnut hair fell to her shoulders and her pale blue eyes showed the harrowing few years of bearing a child and working night shifts and day shifts to support him. Indeed, his mother looked attractive, but she threw away any suitors, and was a determined widow. Michael slurped some of his Sprite from a cheap plastic straw, he didn't like Coke, and thought how a lifetime with her beside him all the way would be. He remembered the stereotype living in his mother's basement when he's 40, but brushed it aside, this wasn't the situation. To other people, though, it might seem like that, and Michael had a reputation he needed to keep up, else he might fall into poverty yet again.

Michael looked around, humming Wake Me Up Before You Go-go nonsensically. A good song, a pity it died with the 80s. The waitresses on roller blades were skating around, handing out food onto the trays they attached to people's cars. Nowadays, certain car's could support these trays because of the make of their cars. Michael was glad his mother had decided to keep the old car and repair rather than buy a new one. Of course, at first it hadn't been a choice, but lately there had been enough money to buy a few new cars. There was a young couple, sitting and laughing as they fed each other french fries. Michael knew his mother was watching them with envy. There in another spot was that all around boy Jack Jones, his leather jacket was wavering slightly in the wind. In another car sat a mother and a father, with three kids screaming and spitting and punching. Michael watched them for a moment and was thankful he was an only child.

Bella stared out the window, twirling a lock of her hair, lost in thought. It was the last few minutes of Calculus and she was bored out of her mind. Every inch of her seemed filled with impatience, she could not wait for the bell to ring.

I should totally get a dog, she thought, they are meant to be loyal. One with floppy ears and big droopy brown eyes... The sound of an open palm slapping a desk ripped her out of her reverie.

“Ms. Parisi! I asked you a question!” Mr. True stood near the blackboard, pudgey hands on his equally pudgey hips.

“I'm sorry, could you repeat the question?” She asked

“Simply explain the trigonometric integral demonstrated on the board. If you had been paying attention it should be fairly easy as I spent the last half an hour explaining it.” He barked, his sausage like finger pushing the thick, black framed glasses further up his nose.

Bella felt something very like panic fluttering in her chest as her eyes raked across the scribbles covering the blackboard. The word 'sin' seemed to be repeated several times along with other various letters, sideways 8s, lines, even some weird sort of lower case yet epically huge f. It was beyond confusing. It wasn't like anyone would need to use this when they were older.

She looked down at her notebook, hoping she had written something down to assist her now in her great time of need. There appeared to be a doodle of a daisy, a shooting star, a pair of angel's wings and the word “Peace” written over and over across the page, none of which she found to be particularly helpful at this moment. As usual, her notes were worse than useless. She should have drawn a dog.

Looking back to the teacher, wide eyes filling with tears, she was on the verge of saying she hadn't been paying attention when someone near the back of the class spoke up. He explained it very concisely though the meaning still eluded her. She looked back at him, gave a small wave and a grateful look.

“That is correct, Paul. However, I was not asking you. Since you seem to like showing off you may-” Just then the bell rang, and students grabbed their books and began rushing out, “I want you all to review pages 153-172 of your text books for the quiz next week, and those papers had better be on my desk Monday. It looks like you were 'Saved by the Bell' Paul.” He said, sitting behind his desk and making some notes in a large binder.

Paul had already filed out of the door, and she had to hurry to catch him.

“Hey wait up!” she said, pushing through the tide of student bodies.

“What do you want?” he asked, exasperated.

“I just wanted to thank you. You didn't have to come to my rescue like that... It was a decent thing to do.”

“It was nothing.” He said, turning to go.

“Look, you don't have to be rude, it wasn't nothing. It was like, totally definitely something, okay?” She replied, consternated.

“Don't think I'll do your homework for you just because I pulled True off you today. He can be harsh.” He rolled his eyes and hitched his backpack further onto his shoulder.

“I didn't expect...” she began, but she realized she was talking to his back, he had turned and began walking away.

“I don't understand why all guys are such assholes!” she shouted after him, drawing more than a few looks.

Bella made her way to her locker and began angrily shoving books into her backpack. She wasn't paying much attention to her surroundings, when she closed her locker and spun to stalk away she ran smack into her ex-best friend Beth.

“You still have my Chris Gaines CD. I want it back.” Beth said, hand on her hip, angry for some reason. Like she had any cause to be angry.

“It's not like I want your stupid CD! It sucks anyway!" She said with some heat. "I don't have it with me. I'll have to pick it up and meet you somewhere.” Bella said, sighing. This was the last thing she wanted to deal with.

“I'll like follow you home and you can give it to me there.” Beth snapped, tossing her blonde hair over her shoulder huffily.

“No.” Bella replied, “I don't want you in my house ever again. I'll meet you at Sander's in 30 minutes.”

And that is precisely how Bella found herself alone an hour later, sitting in a booth in Sander's drawing circles on the table with the condensation from her glass of coke. If Beth didn't show soon she was going to torch the CD in the parking lot and drive off. She really would. She would totally do it. Beth had better show soon.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

Oreos and cookie crunch! Hikari's Avatar

Yve dropped her backpack full of hardback books on the library's second-story floor, causing a nearby librarian to raise a skeptical eyebrow in her direction. Recognizing Yve, she returned to organizing books on a rack. Yve inhaled deeply, savoring the smell of the library: binding glue, Lysol wipes, and the faint scent of fresh-ground coffee beans from the cafe downstairs. She hadn't paid a visit to her haven since last Saturday, due to the mountains of homework she brought home from school every day. Here, she left certain bits of reality behind, including the fact that she didn't have a date to the Fall Dance, and would most likely not get one. In fact, she would most likely spend that night here, or in her bedroom, immersed in a great book. But while she was here in the library, she had unfinished business to attend to.

Yve walked over to a bookshelf that leaned agaist a wall. It was her favorite shelf in the entire building, the result being almost every book on the shelf read by her. Standing on tiptoes, she reached up and grabbed one of the books on display on top of the shelf. It was an old tome, the name on the cover so faded it could hardly be read. In addition to being old, it was large and she had to carry it with both hands. Walking back to the table, she set in down softly on the weathered wood. This tome, one of the many that the Spielburg Public Library owned but didn't allow people to check out, was all about Greek Mythology, the gods in particular. Yve settled in for a long reading session, which included setting the alarm on her watch to six o' clock, since she couldn't trust herself to realize how much time had passed by.

Jack:

Jack ordered a burger and looked around. There were some families there, nothing too impressive. That Super brainchild kid that was graduating him caught his eye. He gave the kid a nod. He was still a bit apprehensive about the boy. He was a weird one definately. His mom was a looker though. Ah well, nothing doing there. There was that on preppy chick. She was a looker too and not some 12 year old mutant brain's mother either. He had heard she had some kinda falling out with her BFF. Apparently she was foolin around with Bella's man. Bummer for her, but some people just weren't all they were cracked up to be. He knew he really wasn't all that. He just knew how to get along with people. He rubbed his chin, it was a little stubbly he noted, and CONTEMPLATED going to talk to her. No, she was a bit TOO bubble headed for him. Besides she was on the rebound, and he'd heard told that while that could make a girl very succeptible, he just didn't think it was right to prey on someone that way.

The boy sighed and waited for his order. Was it THAT hard to come up with a date for a stupid dance? It wouldn't bother him normally. He could have the time of his life at the dance with just a posse of his friends to roll with. But the after parties... if he came without a women, it would certainly be a hit to his reputation. Maybe he could talk to David. He was the king nerd, head of the chess team, Dungeon Master of the local D&D games. He could POSSIBLY hook Jack up with one of those ebon clad, pasty faced whiner girls. Jack would just have to work on his schmoozing skills to talk him into it. There was some talk about a new version of D&D coming out. He could pick up a copy and use it as a bribe maybe. Eh who was he fooling, David was a huge dick, and while he would CERTAINLY take a bribe, Jack worried what means he might use to coerce any girls. Not that he thought David had magical powers, but he could use some drugs, or blackmail material, or even threaten to blackball someone from the Great Nerd Circle. And as lame as a lot of them were, he wouldn't wish anyone to get kicked out of their group of friends. And so he waited, sipping his Mr. Pibb.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Orochi walked aimlessly around the streets. He was immensely bored. At least he wasn't at home, and the night had cooled down to a nice level... well, for him at least.

"Oh, the library" he mumbled to no one. He decided to take a step in. There was this cool japanese myth he wanted to read about...

Megan slung her book bag onto her shoulder and walked out of the classroom.
    She walks to the diner, the only place where she can relax.

She stood just on the outside, hearing the old-themed jukebox playing inside. She sighed and pushed the door open, just as a slightly heavy breeze blew, sending her blonde hair whipping around her face.
    Some people turned to face her, others just smiled and nodded. Megan knew none of them, for she had only moved to Spielburg a week ago after her birthday and didn't get out much.
    "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
    But in ourselves, that we are underlings."
    ~

The up and coming underdog

"48"

"49"

"50"

Zack masters raised the 50lb weights and attached them to the exercise machine as a small burly man with Grey thinned hair wearing a red and blue jacket patted him on the back congratulating him on the job well done for the day as he left the room through a glass door out to the mansions lawn. Zack stood up, stretched nearly reaching the ceiling, his dirty blond hair and muscle shirt covered in puddles of sweat, a butler stood by the brown door leading into the main hall of the Hugh house. He wore a black tuxedo with a name tag on his chest that read Earl in fancy print, "Should I draw your bath sir?" He asked holding a tray with a glass of water in his right arm.

"No, I'll get it, but could you get the mail for me?" Zack replied as he left the room into the main hall. It seemed to stretch for eternity as the red rug stretched to the window at the end of the hall as it was nearly out of sight, he passed seemingly endless sets of brown doors until he reached the one with the wordBathroom embedded on the inside of the door. Before he could enter a nearby intercom went off saying in earls' deep voice.

"Sir, a flier of the fall formal came for you, what are you planning to do for the ceremony?"

"Dunno." He replied plainly through the intercom as he took a shower. He stepped out with a white towel wrapped around his waist as he sat in the living room in deep thought. A room that contains a plasma screen t.v. and several red couches while the room was covered in light from the lamb on the circular table near the couch at the entrance to the room. He was in deep thought of what the do about the fall formal, he thought of taking his girlfriend Clair with him in a limo but, after that he didn't know.

"Beep"

He glanced at his silver watch on his right arm and saw 8:00. "Well, better get dressed or I'll be late for soccer." He said running to go get dressed for his sporting activity at the town center.
    People may read and write but, the writers of the world make all the good stories. The only question is if anyone here is a writer?

Pairs: Leafeon_2008

OOC: Lol @ Super Brainchild Kid

IC: Michael nodded back the Jack fellow in the diner, and down at the bill he was just given. Michael shuffled in his pocket for 6 dollars and 76 cents in cash. He brought out a five dollar bill, three one dollar bills, five quarters, and three pennies. Michael quickly pocketed two one dollar bills, two quarters, and two pennies, then put the rest on the table. Coincidentally, the song stuck in his head had also just ended,a nd Michael turned his attention to the Jukebox, which was playing Fishing in the Dark. Michael was never one for slow country music, so he got up to leave. His mind was still on his current problem when he accidentally bumped into a new girl on his way out, "Oh, sorry." he mumbled. He continued a slow pace to the car.

Megan glared at the kid. She continued over to a booth and slid in, glancing at some boy that looked her age.

~~~

Lauren rode along the sidewalk on her bike. The gentle breeze pushed her hair back from her face.
    I wonder what Megan's up to.... she wondered. She was so lost in thought she nearly ran a boy coming out of the diner over.
    Her bike skidded to a halt, throwing Lauren off the side and sending her screaming.
    ~

Jack raised an eyebrow as Megan entered. It was the new kid. Just started not too long ago, and Jack hadn't gotten a chance to speak to her. She was a decent enough looking girl, maybe a little young, but it couldn't hurt to talk to her.

After a moment's deliberation, the boy moved toward her.

"Hey yo! You're the new girl, hunh? I'm Jack Jones. I'm sorta the unofficial Spielburg People Greeter in charge of acclimating the recently imported to the town," He grinned as she stared at him, "er, that's fancy talk for, Welcome to town, hope ya like it."
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

"Um, yes. I'm the new girl. I s'pose." Megan glanced at the door. "The name's Megan." she twirled her pink hair streak around her finger. "How old are you?" she asked, cocking her head.
    ~

"Uh..17. You?" he asked. Now he was getting a little nervous. There was nothing wrong with talking to little kids mind you. He had worked at a daycare over a summer, and did summer camps before that. Little kids paid for his car basically. Still he was gonna feel mighty embarassed if she was the same age as der wunderkind that just left.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

IC: Michael was awakened from his deep thought and heard a scream. He looked up and jumped out of the way just in time to avoid the now-riderless bike, which clattered to a halt behind him. Michael's eyes searched the area for teh unfortunate victim, and they foudn the girl laying on teh pavement, thrown a fair distance by the twisting bike. Michael walked over, and stretched out a hand to help her up, "Almost hit me there. Sorry about that."

Megan nodded. "16." she said.

~~~~

"No no no, it's my fault. I should've watched where I was going." Lauren said. "Sorry."
    ~

IC: Michael helped the girl up, "I think we are both at fault. I should've seen you coming, and you should've seen me coming. Obviously we are both stricken with absent mindedness, "Michael let out a sheepish chuckle and then frowned, "I haven't seen you before, are you knew here?"

Lauren picked up her bike. "Ya, I'm new here. Just moved in about a week ago.
    ~

IC: "A week ago..." Michael thought for a moment, "Well, my name's Michael," Michael extended his hand to be shaken.

"Ah well, cool then. So have ya made any new friends yet? I know pretty much everyone, so I can introduce ya to whoever," he said. OOh! His order was finally here. He rushed over to the table and grabbed his burger before returning to the conversation.

"So, Megan what do you like to do? If you can do it in Spielburg, I can probably tell you about it? Oh yeah.. have you met Bella? She's a decent enough girl I guess. Maybe you too will hit it off, maybe not. People are Strange."

Heh, The Doors, Michael, the Wunderkind would probably get a kick out of that, he really dug the sounds of the 80's and Jack had to admit, they did have some kickin music. Oh yeah, introductions! Jack turned toward Bella now.

"Yo, B! C'mere. Have you met the new girl?" OKay, he took it back, she wasn't ALWAYS a bubble headed preppish girl. They were buddies back in.. what 6th grade? Then she got hot and didn't hang out much with him anymore. Of course they still talked on rare occasions. After all EVERYONE knew Jack, and as far as he knew, no one really had a problem with him.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Megan shrugged. "I like to skateboard."

~~~~

Lauren shook his hand. "I'm Lauren." she smiled.
    ~

KING OF THE UNIVERSE Goku_king_anime's Avatar

Walking in Sanders for a quick lunch, he sees his friend Jack. Who he hadn't seen in a while.*Yo Jack hows it going?*

Orochi stepped into the bulding and headed up the stairs. "Hmm.."

He saw a girl who appeared to be reading something mythological.

"Uh, excuse me do you know where I might find a japanese legend about an eight headed serpent? It's called 'Yamata no Orochi'. Ever hear of it?"

OOC: My response to Goku's first post:

*Cough*

IC: "Well, Lauren, welcome to Spielburg," Michael finished shaking and gave her a warm smile, "Well I'll see you around." Michael walked of to the car and got in.

Jack took a moment to turn away from the girls, he was still listening of course, but the appearance of his long time friend DEMANDED attention.

"Jay! It's been a long time! How's the fighting circuit going? Not getting too many brain cells busted out are ya?" Jack gave his friend a quick hug with a couple of manly backslaps.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Lauren waved and got back on her bike. She peadled off to nowhere.
    ~

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast