Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Heaven's Fall: The RP

KING OF THE UNIVERSE Goku_king_anime's Avatar

Jay ran around the whole town looking for Zack. He couldn't find him. He told himself he had to tell Jack about what happened the night before. The mysterious chick and the badly bruised guy. Jay had his head down knowing he'd never find Jack and then he lifted his head up and ran to the one spot he knew he would be.

"Jack!!!!" Jay screamed out furiously. He found him and ran towards him. "Jack I've got some important news. There was this mysterious chick beating the crap out of this guy in this alley. I screamed at her to stop but, she didn't and then I tried to stop her but, she jumped over this fence with no troubled. Then I carried the guy out of the alley but, wiggled himself of my shoulders and ran away. He also screamed to me she'll be after you next. I didn't know if I should be worried or not but, I decided to take up five different martial arts. Karate, Chinese Kenpo, Muay Thai, Judo, and Japanese weapon mastery. I thought I should be prepared for something. I'm starting to feel like something weird is going to happen." He was out of breathe from his very brief explanation.

Earth hopefully, but sometimes I wonder...

Anastasia contemplated his suggestion a moment. Refried burritos at her place or the dance... well she already found a dress. At least this way she could go with a group and avoid a date. As for the game? Well she did have some violin practice she wanted to do...

"Yeah I'll come on the group date, why not? I might even show up at half-time for the game," She said to Jack then turned to talk to the stranger.

"How about you, you coming?" She asked him, but apparantly he had already left.

She roller bladed over to the cashier and using the last bit of her money she bought the dress without even trying it on. Hey, any alterations she had to make the better. If she was going to miss the anual movie marathon she could at least dress the part of the monster.

Brushing past Jack once more she couldn't help but catch the tail end of his conversation with muscle man Jay.

"I thought I should be prepared for something. I'm starting to feel like something weird is going to happen," He said.

Lauren tapped her fingers on he table. "Hey! We should go to the game!" she chirped.

"Uh..." Megan said. Football games usually meant cheerleaders. Oi.

"Please Meagan? Pleeease?" Lauren gave her puppy eyes.

"Ugh. Fine."

"Whoo!"
    "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
    But in ourselves, that we are underlings."
    ~

The up and coming underdog

"This is no game, its a demolition site." I said as I looked at the scoreboard, I don't need to go back in I thought to myself almost half-time with a hugh lead. I took the last sip of my cup and tossed it to the trash can nearest me and watched the game ready and waiting to be put back in.
    People may read and write but, the writers of the world make all the good stories. The only question is if anyone here is a writer?

Pairs: Leafeon_2008

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

IC: "There."

Michael finished what he had been doing and put away his magnifying glass. He turned around and gazed at the back of the stands, "I've always wanted to do this."

Jack raised an eyebrow at Jay's torrent.

"Man, that IS strange, but five martial arts? heh I guess there's nothing wrong with being prepared. Anyways, I'm about to head to the game, you wanna come along? Oh yeah? And have you met Anastasia? Cool girl, her friends are kinda flakey though. Hey I'm kiddin yo. Anyways, I'm out. See y'all at the game maybe?"

And so Jack departed the mall, headed to the football field. One overpriced ticket and he was in the stands. The game wasn't particuarly interesting, with the Ubermensch showing off it was decidedly one sided. At least there was a harems worth of cute cheerleaders to oggle. Not that Jack did that sort of thing. Well, not that he did it a lost at least. At least Half time was speeding closer and closer.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Anastasia's curiosity had been piqued, but with Jack's rather uneventful response and having missed the first half of the conversation anyway she figured it was nothing of importance anyway. She continued along, out the mall and headed for home without placing her purchases in a bag. She nad never once crashed in her roller blades and didn't plan on doing so now.

She made it back in good time, finally taking of her footwear she walked up the stairs and flopped on her side of the room. It was a bit of mess, the room itself looked bipolar. Sharing a room with her sister had caused much friction over the years that her father had finally decided to literally draw a line down the middle of it out of pure frustration. Even the carpets were different, Jackie's side had a nice fresh white carpet with pink walls. Her side however was a little more bold, With bright green paint and a rough green carpet with white bubbles all over. It made most guests laugh to see it, but in truth the girls were so used to it they never much thought of it.

She fiddled with the dress for few moments, just with a needle and thread before pulling out her violing and replacing the broken string. She was engrossed in her instrument she nearly forgot the football game, but she had made a sort of semi-promise to go. Grabbing her viloingcase she ran back down the stairs, rummaged through the couch cushion for spare change and re-strapped her rollerblades on. At top speed she headed out the door to the game.

When she finally made it half-time had finished and they were already in the second half. She rolled in rather casually and taking note of the score she started to wonder if it had been a good idea to come at all, especially so late. No matter, the cheer leaders were at it again and she took a seat in the stands pulling out her violin to see if she couldn't add some dramitc music to the atmosphere. The notes were drowned by the roar of the game, but she didn't much care.

KING OF THE UNIVERSE Goku_king_anime's Avatar

Jay headed to the game. He told himself there was no need to stress over something that was just a weird incident. So he paid for his ticket, sat down, and started to cheer for the home team. He looked around to see if saw Jack. He called out his name and waved. He looked at down and seen one of the cheerleaders he thought was cute. So he jumped over the stands and began to talk to her. The principal began to throw fit. "MISTER!!! SAMPSON!!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!!!" Jay cleared his thorat. "Well Mr. Principal I thought she was cute so I came down to talk to her. Besides The last time you would see is when i came to the dance with the group. So don't worry you won't have to put up with me to long." His persuasive voice, twinkle in his eye, and the wink was all he needed to convince the principal he wasn't going to cause any trouble.

Bella couldn't believe it, half-time had finally arrived. Now they had to throw a couple cheers out there and the marching band would take over for a while. She could finally stop smiling for more than three seconds. Her face actually hurt from smiling. It was ridiculous.

Ms. Crabbush, the cheer coach, was approaching to give them final instructions before shoving them onto the field for the halftime show. “Okay, Bella. Since Beth didn't show up we're down a head cheerleader, so we want you to take the lead on the Team Spirit cheer this time! Go get 'em!”

The girls bounded onto the field with a series of handsprings and jumps, shouting, “Wooo! Yeah!” etc. Bella had no choice but to follow, eyes wide in her too pale face, jogging where the others sprang, danced and jumped, clutching her pompoms to her chest. She wasn't equipped to lead. She wasn't prepared to... Oh what was the big deal? It was essentially the same roll, but only slightly more vocal. She could do that, she could totally do it.

“Are you ready? Okay!” Bella shouted, looking at the girls on either side of her.

“Fans (points to them)
    Go crazy! (tosses head around)
    Get up, get up, be loud (clap, clap)
    Get up, get up, be loud! (clap, clap)

Let's get physical, (clap, clap)
    Get down, get tough, get mean! (arm pump to show puny girl muscles)
    Grr!
    Let's get physical, (clap, clap)
    and roll right over that team! (jumps, woo, etc.)”

Bella steps forward,

“Are you ready?!” She asks the crowd. “Okay!”

“Give me an E!
    “Give me an A!
    “Give me a G!
    “Give me an L!
    “Give me an S!

“Whats that spell?! Eagles! Goooo Eagles! Yay!”

Bella released her pompoms and let them cling to her wrists with the elastic strap affixed to them, she did a back flip, cartwheel and handspring before running and jumping off the field. Finally, It was over. And she thought she did pretty well. She leaned back against the building with a sigh, running her hands over her red and white skirt, trying to tug it down, make just a little longer.

“It's spelled e-a-g-l-e-s. You left out an E.” Ms. Crabbush said, patting Bella's shoulder comfortingly. “But that's okay! First time for everything! You'll get it next time. Great show of spirit girls!”

Bella released a breath she hadn't realized she had been holding and took three calming breaths, she could do it, she could breath. Oh why did they make me spell, I'm dyslexic, I can't spell out loud. She ran off and hid behind the bleachers. Hot tears rolling down her cheeks to bounce onto her short sweater with a splash. She had 15 minutes to calm herself enough to return to the field. She didn't know how she would show her face. I mean, they all thought she was stupid anyway, but not that stupid.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

Oreos and cookie crunch! Hikari's Avatar

Aidan, apparently having learned his lesson with a bruise to show it, walked past Yve without so much as glancing at her. "Bye Mom. I'm going to the football game at the high school," he called over his shoulder as he opened the front door.

"Oh, how 'bout you take Yve with you? She needs to be more social."

Yve nearly choked on her waffle. "WHAT?!" the siblings exclaimed in unison. "Mom, I'm plenty social-"
    "-totally ruin my reputation-"
    "-homework to finish-"
    "Now, now. Yve, you need to get out more, and Aidan, you need to include your sister. That's final."

Needless to say, half an hour of grumbling and complaining later, Yve and her brother walked out the door to go to the game. "You had better not sit anywhere near me," Aidan muttered as Yve started the car. Maybe I can drop him off and just ditch him. . .

"Man I hate the band." I said as they took the field. The game isn't fun anymore especially with this band performence in the middle of it. Maybe I could take a break from one sport, soccer, football, weights its all a little much, just take a little break. I thought about it for a second then said to myself to wait 'till homecoming.
    People may read and write but, the writers of the world make all the good stories. The only question is if anyone here is a writer?

Jack couldn't help but facepalm as Jay made his dramatic entrace fieldside. Well he definately made the game interesting. The cheerleaders went up and did their thing which was mildly interesting, the band was up next, and that was something he could more than afford to miss. The young man rose and headed toward the concession stand when he noticed Bella behind the bleachers.

It was probably nothing, maybe she had found some cool dude to make out with in the...er.. hour or so since they talked. Hrmm likely not. It could be something horribel like her going off to partake of a bit of the ganja which wouldn;t be bad in itself but laws of man being what they were, it could screw up her graduation. Best to check it out.

And so he moved to follow. He noticed the girl crying and frowned, definately not cool. He coughed a little and approached.

"Hey B, what's wrong?"
    Last edited by Qoorl; 09-09-2008 at 09:11 AM.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Oreos and cookie crunch! Hikari's Avatar

Yve circled around the school parking lot, looking for a parking space. Was she actually going to the game? No doubt it had already started, due to the cheering coming from the stands and the annoyed grumblings of Aidan. Her mother had threatened to confiscate her library card for two weeks if she didn't go. Leave to her mom to be the only parent on the planet who actually wanted her teenage child to go out. Maybe she could just ditch the dweeb in the back seat and go to the library. . . she could just apply for a replacement card.

"Look! There's a spot right there! Park already! The game's gonna be over by the time we get over to the field!" Aidan roared impatiently. As slow as she possibly could, Yve edged her way into the empty space. Before she even put the car in park, Aidan flew out and sprinted towards the stadium. Maybe this wouldn't be so bad. Just an hour or so of social activity. . .

She stepped out of the car and locked it, then slowly walked towards the admission table. After paying the five-dollar fee, she chose a seat in the bleachers close to the exit and, hopefully, away from Aidan. When the game ended, she could make a quick escape and get back to her books and, most importantly, her library card. She made a mental note to hide it somewhere her mother wouldn't ever think to look.

Megan glanced from the corner of her eye two kids that walked in. One was swallowed up by the crowd immediatly, and the other sat bythe exit.

I should've thought of that... Megan thought. "I'll be back." she said to Lauren, who was cheering like a maniac. "Don't hurt yourself." Megan said. She wound through the crowd, making her way to the girl who sat glumly in her seat.

"Hey." she said to the girl. "Mind if I sit here?"
    "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
    But in ourselves, that we are underlings."
    ~

I honest to god mean it! Now where the hells my sammich?!? Eon Spirit's Avatar
    Hoping intelligence sparks in some peoples minds...

Suddenly waking up, I realise that I had dozed off. Looking around, I see that no one was paying any attention to me.
    Why did I have to go and fall asleep? I ask myself, as I get up. Looking at my watch I see that it was roughly 3:50. Growling silently in anger I get up, and go back to my car, what I was to do I had less then a clue, but sitting on the floor of a mall outside of dress shop wasn't it.

As I drive by the high school, in my random route, I see that the football game was already taking place. I sigh as I keep going, and turn the corner, towards the internet café nearby. I may as well do something I enjoy, I figured.
    New Claimed Character: Onikami O'Donnel Son of Wolf O'Donnel
    Awesome!! The spirituous Soulhaven Town Come join the club Cyndaquils, get'm now!

Albums wanting:
    Slipknot - Vol. 3 (The subliminal Verses)
    White Stripes - Eephant
    Halo 2 Soundtrack 1
    Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
    Disturbed - Ten Thousand Fists

Hearing a little cough, Bella glanced up, startled. It was Jack. "Hey B, what's wrong?"

Her eyes went wide, and she looked away, hands frantically wiping her face. She effected a little laugh, but it sounded weak even to her own ears. “Oh, you know. Life caught up with me at last.”

Maybe he was being patronizing. Maybe he hadn't noticed that she misspelled a six letter word which most second graders could master. Maybe an anvil would fall from the sky to bury her Looney Toons style and end the pointless suffering of her supposed Wonder Years. An ironic smile spread across her face at the last thought. Life wasn't nearly as complex as she liked to make it out to be when she was being dramatic.

“So what brings you down from the stands? Not enjoying the band's half-time show? They worked very hard on it, you know. I've seen them practicing three nights a week all year.” Which she knew because she had been practicing on the same nights only to misspell a word that was printed across the field in letters taller than she is. “Or did you just get overtaken by wanderlust and an unceasing and ever increasing desire to roam the grounds?”

Without waiting for a response she continued, “Do you ever wonder what the point to it all is? I mean, what are we doing here?”

She had been asking herself that question over and over for the past few days. And she hadn't found an answer. What am I waiting for? Was another question she frequently found herself dwelling on. She just wanted to run, to escape.

Bella couldn't shake the feeling that something big was just around the corner, but she didn't think it could possibly occur in Spielburg, for the simple reason that nothing big ever happened in Spielburg. She couldn't hardly stand the feeling of waiting that seemed to rest on everything. Like the stillness of the trees just before a storm broke always made her antsy, so did this feeling of impending urgency.

She just needed the release of action, the interim before she found if she would survive the storm was making her slightly uneasy and it showed. All the signs of her tears had disappeared, save for a slight amount of moisture still clinging to her lashes. Now she just seemed restless, and she couldn't stand still. The band played on in the background, the music pattering like rain on a tin roof; the sounds of shifting feet in the bleachers overhead echoing like thunder.

Jack studied the girl. Girls were so weird, specially this one. Actually everyone was weird, always wondering and worrying about this and that. Jack made a specific effort to worry as little as possible. Things usually ironed themselves out. Then again, everyone wasn't as lucky as he was.

"Do I ever wonder what the point of it all is? No not really. I like living, it's pretty fun stuff you know. As long as I've got friends and family and I can kinda make them happy, I figure I'm doing allright."

Well at least she had stopped crying, Jack hated to see people cry. It made him feel horrible for some reason, even if it wasn't his fault at all. Bella seemed okay for now, even if she was still a bit strange.

"Anyways, since your here, what do you plan to do after the dance Friday? I mean there should be a ton of after parties, and there's that huge meteor shower the same night. Which is kinda cool, almost makes me wish I was gonna have a real date instead of just going as a group. Not that going as a group is gonna be a problem. Oh speaking of which, Anastacia is coming with us now I think. Y'know she usually hangs out with two other people almost exclusively, I forget their names, but I know her from around or whatever. Er... she's the girl that always plays the violin. but back to what I was saying, what's the plan for after the dance?"
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

"Heh." Bella gave a small laugh, some people had no depth, and when you tried to show that you were a little more than the ditz everyone assumed you were... Oh well. Back to masks. She flipped her hair over her shoulder and gave him a dazzling smile. "Oh, I haven't given it a moment's thought. You know me." She giggled, and winked.

Leaning forward to allow him a view down the front of her sweater she picked some imaginary lint from his shirt as an excuse to touch him. "I'll probably go see the shower, it should be neat!"

Jack raised an eyebrow. Well that was DEFINATELY interesting, enough to normally derail him completely from any train of thought other than the obvious, but still there was something nagging at him...

"Look, You aren't nearly as good at pretending to be stupid as you think you are. And so you screwed up spelling a word? Who cares?! You got the crowd cheering and that was point right? And no one says neat anymore."

It was an effort of willpower to make semi coherent conversation when one of the hotter cheerleaders was touching you, but he managed...somehow.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

"I say whatever I want to say." She said softly, smiling suggestively. "But I am certain I have no idea what you could possibly be referring to. When I'm alone with you every thought I've ever had just goes right out of my head. If we are alone down here much longer someone is bound to see, they could assume we are up to no good... and I wouldn't want to ruin your reputation."

"My reputation huh? Well Beth has already sworn to do that for the tragic accident I had earlier today, and I don't much care. I try and get along with...almost everyone. And as much as I'd love to have my reputation ruined in the way I hope you're implying, You have a game to get back to..."

Jack realized by the time he had finished talking that he was breathing a little heavier. Probably 'cause he talked so much, but it hadn't been a problem before. This was pretty great but... his effect on women wasn't THIS dynomite was it? Never had been before. Don't second guess yourself boy, he thought to himself. Confidence is the key. And here he was telling the girl she should go. Idiot! Still it WAS the right thing to do. Maybe Bella was acting this way because she was on the rebound. He definately didn't want to take advantage of her if that was the case.

"I'll... talk to you after the game."
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

"I'm sure you are correct." She said, slightly stung. Bella's eyebrows tried to climb into her hairline and an incredulous look slowly spread across her face. That was ... unusual. She didn't remember ever being rejected before when she was trying to be charming. She flirted with every man she talked to, it was natural for her; his response however was the farthest thing from natural she'd ever seen. Oh well, life was strange.

She turned and walked away, and it was a good thing she did as everyone was forming to run onto the field anyway.

Jack leaned against the bleachers and slid down into a sitting position. Shewf. He was glad he wasn't a heart patient right about now. That girl was something for sure. As he heard the cheers he smiled a little. Maybe he was stupid for semi rejecting her but at least he got her back onto the field in time. He would have felt horrible if she got embarassed for screwing up their cheer....thingies again. But still...

A little weak kneed, Jack rose and moved back up towards the stands. On the way he spotted Yve and Megan. Yve was a surprise, she was one of those library bookish types and to see her at a game was a little bit of strange. He jumped up, grabbing hold of the railing and pulled himself halfway up onto the bleachers so that he could talk to him,

"Hellllooooo girls! Yvonne Mormine, as I live and breath, what ARE you doing at a social gathering? You should do it more often, crowds don't look bad on you," He flashed the girl a grin. Maybe he was laying it on a BIT thick, but the girl never went ANYWHERE besides the library. Everyone could do with the tiniest hint of socialization. And he needed to make Megan feel welcome as well.

"And Hey New Girl? So you definately don't seem to be the football spectator type. OOh, my boy Mick, he's into lacrosse now... ugh, but he's also a decent skateboarder type. I bet you two could hang out sometime... if that's yoru scene or whatever? I mean I'm just going by appearances and all... but I could definately introduce you. Now to the matter at hand, you're going to that Girl Thing tonight right? Sure you are! It'll be fun... or something. Mention me in conversation and gauge people's reactions if you would. Especially er.... ahem... your hostess's. Do it and I'll definately owe you big time!"
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Anastasia had miscalculated her arrival, for Half-time came and went rather quickly. It was probably the only exciting part of the game thus far, the band was alright but she especially enjoyed the cheer routine. At least they looked like they were trying, on the field the other team was getting slaughtered so bad that all the tension was taken out of the game.

Tired of messing with her instrument she put it back in the case, and followed the careful procedure of roller blading up the stairs. Grade twelve was certainly a year for new beginnings, so many things were changing. Friends were already moving on, people were becoming more social or less, best friends were sworn enemies. And now, the strangest of groups were coming together. Like B's sleep over, she invited a new girl? And the dance? She wouldn't have been invited to a group date last year.

While the band played I was in deep thought spacing in and out of actually being able to hear the music. Something just doesn't feel right but, I can't put my finger on it, missing a dance date with my girlfriend out of town for a while? No going with a group. Ummm..homework missing? No, everything in time becomes clear, gotta stop getting those fortune cookies, but it might have a point. I snapped out of thought at the bands big finale, this games so easy its boring.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast