Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Heaven's Fall: The RP

KING OF THE UNIVERSE Goku_king_anime's Avatar

Well Jay finished his really lame and boring conversation with the hot cheerleader. He jumped back upn the bleacher's railing and climbed back over. He saw Anastasia and remembered when she ran passed him. She looked slightly baffled so he decided to talk to her. "Umm Hi there how are you? Do you remember me Jack introduced us?"

Oreos and cookie crunch! Hikari's Avatar

Yve immediately regretted being stupid enough to actually come to a social gathering when not only the new girl (Megan. . . was that her name?) but JACK JONES came up and started talking to her. Apparently Megan had taken Yve's nonexistant response as a 'yes'. She tried to focus on the game, which was virtually impossible as she had no interest in high school boys ramming into each other and fighting over a football. But then at halftime Jack, who might just have been Yve's polar opposite, came up and complimented her. . . kind of. Just in case it might have been a compliment, her face flushed bright red. These kinds of things never happened in ancient Greece-- exactly why Yve chose to adventure in her myths instead of the present.

Bella was mildly surprised to see Jack speaking so animatedly to Yve, and her subsequent blush spoke volumes as to the topic of conversation.

So that's the way the wind blows. She thought. At least that was explained away. No wonder he had been so eager to be rid of her, especially after mention of ruined reputations was made. Oh well.

The game started up and progressed much as it had.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

Jay eye was also caught by Bella and thought to himself "She looks down why not speak to her? I think everyone should be happy. May be I can cheer her up with some great conversation."

"Hi your name is Bell is it not? Why are you looking so down?"

Megam sighed and stared at the game. Suddely, a player tripped and landed on his arm.

"Oooooh!" she could practically see the whole crowd wince as they said that. The player was gripping his arm, as if he broke it. Megan rolled her eyes. It was so obvious he wasn't hurt. But that didn't stop the crowd from worrying. Megan chuckled at their stupidity.

"He's fine" she said to Yve and Jack. She rested her chin in her hand and stared up at the stars.
    "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
    But in ourselves, that we are underlings."
    ~

Ah well... they were huge wet blankets. Jack shrugged and hopped off the stands, instead coming to lean against the fence, fieldside and watch the rest of the game. First his better judgement got the better of him with a hot chick, then he TRIED to be friendly to people and they just blew him off. The night was NOT getting any more terriffic.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Earth hopefully, but sometimes I wonder...

"Yeah, I remember you," Anastasia returned the introduction, but she noticed that his gaze was already wandering towards Bella, "But maybe you'll wanna talk to her..."

He didn't need an invitation, he was already scrambiling to spark up new conversation. She couldn't blame him, Bella was about ten thousand times prettier then her and in the market so to speak. Naw, better to let him take his shot.

As if to confirm her previous thoughts she couldn't help but notice Jack, Yve and the new girl sitting together. Didn't that just set up the sequel to the breakfast club? The library girl, cool kid and skater girl all in one social gathering, now this was a conversation she didn't want to miss.

"What's happening?" She called out to them before making her way in their proximity but Jack had already flown the coop.

Jack sighed a little, well at least Jay might hit it off with Bella. The thought of one of his friends happy gave the young man a bit of comfort not much. Football games really blowed. He crossed his arms and watched the game. For the first time in a while, Jack Jones was comletely silent.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Anastasia waited for some kind of response from the two girls at least, but Yve had always been shy and the new kid looked like she sported a heavy attitude. So much for social interaction, it seemed the only one who would talk with her longer then five minutes was her violin. With a heavy sigh she sat back down, writing it off. Perhaps they didn't hear her.

She really only had herself to blame, best friends were great and all but the three of them had been such a tight trio she never really got to know anybody past face value. Now she was paying the price for it; did she really expect the three of them to go on forever like that? She had sort of assumed the dating issue would come up sooner or later, after all her and Kate had their fair share of girl's only sleepovers with the talk's of "So, Keegan's kinda cute hey?" But not once did either of them suspect the other to actually date him. It had sort of been a taboo, like dating your brother.

Now that she thought about it, it wasn't even a betrayal. It wasn't as if it was a rule set in stone or anything, and it wasn't even as if they had abandoned her. In all honesty, she just couldn't stand to invite herself along any more, see them all lovey-dovey calling eachother bad pet names. Was it jealousy? She really didn't want to admit it, but she had liked Keegan too. Alot. She smiled when they announced the news, gave her congrats, but it tore her inside. She had always thought, always hoped that she'd have been the one.

Now what was she doing to herself? Trying to go lone wolf, trying to uphold and prove some sort of twisted message to herself. Like what? That she couldn't possibly love anyone that wasn't Keegan? It was torture is what it was. Hiding in her room playing the violin and feeling sorry for herself.

She looked over at Jay and Bella once more. Bella, now she had strength. She had really been betrayed by her two "best" friends and here she was facing the world; she even lead the cheer team. Bella could move on, so why couldn't she? Suddenly the petty cheerleader didn't seem so vain anymore, so stupid or so annoying.

Rising up with more enthusiasm then she'd shown in the past few days she set the wheels on her shoes in motion, which wasn't a smart idea considering she was still on the stands. For the first time since her childhood she sent her self crashing forward, flying off the stands and landing in heap on the grass. It wasn't a fatal fall, she'd even managed to save the violin, but considering everyone was watching...

"Just showing how painful watching this game is with a little demonstration," She laughed.

"Yes, I'm Bella. And you are Jay, and that is Stacia." She said, grinning and indicating the blonde girl he had spoken to earlier, who happened to be casting glances their way. She knew for a fact that Stacia was giving err... lip service? to half of the football team, but it appeared she desired another uhh... fan.

"I didn't realize I was looking down, I'll have to work on tha-" Bella was cut off by a crash, boom and a bang as Ana face planted in a spectacular display of ... Something.

"Just showing how painful watching this game is with a little demonstration," She laughed, and Bella had to laugh with her.

"You okay?" She asked, walking over to where Ana lay in a heap of coltish limbs, offering her a hand up.

"Yeah," She laughed surprisingly eager to accept the hand.

Brushing herself off she exchanged a sort of wordless hello with her via eye-contact.

"That was some impressive cheer routine; it was certainly worth the five bucks I paid to get in. I swear, you guys must have the real hard work, I mean how does back flips compare to throwing a ball?" She wanted to say more, but there wasn't much that she knew to say.

Indeed, naturally they would have been polar opposites. What did girl's like her want to talk about? Her parent's always said people liked to talk about themselves, but exactly what part of themselves they wanted to talk about always eluded her. She supposed the truly egotistical people would talk about everything, but she wasn't getting that impression from Bella.

"So, I'm apparantely group dating with you guys to the fall dance. You've got a dress yet?" She asked

"If you think that's impressive you should show up to one of the gymnastic meets." She said, rolling her eyes. She wasn't nearly as limber as she could be. "I just picked up a dress this morning, actually. It may be a little hoochie, I can't decide. I keep thinking that I should have gone with the yellow one, I hate it when that happens, don't you? Did you get a dress?"

"Hey, I'm having a sleep over at my house tonight. Nothing too big, just a dozen girls or so eating pizza and watching Dirty Dancing. You should stop by and give me your opinion on the dress." She said, before she could stop herself. Ana wasn't usually the type to buy in to her little circle of friends but she seemed to be opening up and what's the point if you didn't take a few risks? This being the mildest risk one could ever take...

A thought occurred to Bella, she still had to make sure her mom made it to Aunt Joyce's. That would be the last thing she needed, a drunken scene at 2am when her mom couldn't find her sleeping pills or some such.

Looking at Ana's innocent face she felt a moment of jealousy. Sometimes a less complicated life held so much charm. Just a girl with a fiddle to saw on for company... No obligations... But she probably had as many worries as Bella. That seemed to be the way life went.

Jack frowned a little whin Anastacia crashed, he started to move to check on her, but then Bella swooped in. Well it looks like Jay got shot down trying to talk to Bella, and for some reason that raised his spirits just a little. All things considered things weren't going that badly. There were aparently SEVERAL cute girls that didn't have dates, and even though he was doing this group thing, the bigger picture showed generally that there were several cute girls that were SINGLE in general. And With his posse deteriorating, it would definately do the Jackster some good to go on a few dates.

He watched Bella and Anastacia talk for a moment. Then back at Jay's wild antics. He smiled and shook his head. It really would suck when this year ended. As much as growing up, college and the world at large were important, it felt good to have friends, and to see them happy. Once High School was over they'd all drift apart. Heck, it had already started. Well, no since moping about it. Jack Jones rushed over toward Bella and Anastacia now.

"Hey Hey, I saw that crash, pretty impressive, no brain damage I hope?" then to Bella, "sorry about earlier, I uh.... I dunno y'know? I'm a weird guy sometimes... I guess. In fact I.. well I really don't know what I'm talking about now. So... what you doin for your sleepover? Gonna watch Slumber Party Massacre Part Seven?"
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

"I don't know what you could possibly be referring to." Bella said, choosing to feign ignorance. Sometimes being a supposed ditz had it's advantages.

"I don't do scary movies unless I have someone to cling to... I'm a terrible wuss. And as pretty as Ana is I doubt she'd like it overly much if I started clutching her during the scary bits." She said, laughing and twirling one of her pigtails in her fingers.

"We traditionally watch Dirty Dancing to swoon over Johnny Castle." She rolled her eyes, Patrick Swayze was such a joke anymore. "Beth and I have been watching it at my slumber party on the weekend before homecoming every year since third grade. Wouldn't do to break a tradition like that, now would it? I wonder what we'll all be doing next year this time..."

It took her a moment, but she remembered about Beth. She had no idea what she would do if Beth showed up that night. Probably nothing.

Jack shrugged, "It was a joke mostly. Those movies are notoriously horrible, not that Dirty Dancing is any better... Nobody puts Baby in a Corner AH Ha HA," Jack's laugh died off and a semi somber look swept across his face like a shadow, " Y'know I don't know how much I like you, I mean, talking is the one thing I'm good at, and tonight you've already made me speechless and tongue tied... NOT good things for a person who lives by their mouth. er... that sounded dirty."

Jack kinda looked up at the stars now, not that you could really see them with the bright lights of the football field.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Bella's mouth dropped open in shock when Jack said, "Y'know I don't know how much I like you." before he went on to say, "I mean, talking is the one thing I'm good at, and tonight you've already made me speechless and tongue tied..."

"You're funny." Bella said, smiling at Jack with her eyes.

"NOT good things for a person who lives by their mouth. er... that sounded dirty." He was right of course, that did sound faintly dirty, not as crass as some of the things she had heard, of course, but still...

"That's all right." She said, "I'm used to it." That should bring him down a peg or three, lumping him in with all the other teenage boys. She rolled her eyes and glanced at Ana.

"Boys." she said, giggling. Looking back at Jack she asked, "So what are your big plans for this evening, Jack?"

The up and coming underdog

I sat back on the bench as the game finished up, having changed back a little while ago with the thought of whats the point. Most of the people were still in the stands socializing and starring at the stars. I didn't know what to do so, I went up to the group at the side of the stands and said, "Whats going on?"
    People may read and write but, the writers of the world make all the good stories. The only question is if anyone here is a writer?

Pairs: Leafeon_2008

Jay just realized he did something terriblely rude. He completely ignored Ana. So he ran over noticing that Jack and Bella was over there. He rushed over there to apologize to Ana and greeted Jack and Ana "Yo guys sup? Oh um Ana I'm sorry left you like that. If I hurt you in any way please let me know. So I can repay you. I though that was totally rude of me. Also I was wondering do you have a date for the dance on friday?"

Anastasia laughed and giggled along side Bella in true cheerleader fashion, and for once, did so without guilt. She was considering exerting herself from the conversation to let the two have a little more privacy, until Jay popped in.

"Yo guys sup? Oh um Ana I'm sorry left you like that. If I hurt you in any way please let me know. So I can repay you. I though that was totally rude of me. Also I was wondering do you have a date for the dance on friday?" He said.
    to st

She looked him over, this guy was hard to peg. She would have flatly refused him after seeing him hit on half the cheerteam, and yet he had come over ever so humble and sincere. Was he a gentleman, or a scoundrel?

"Hey, It's alright," An said, "I've sort of made plans for friday, but if it's alright with Bella and Jack you could probably tag along on our group date."

Group date. Yeah, sure that's exactly what it was, but one couldn't deny that couples were already forming. She wouldn't be surprised if Jack and Bella went together and ditched the group mentality all together, and if it didn't happen before it was bound to happen at the dance. Heck, everyone in the group was bound to have a "partner" by the end of the night if high school romances followed their usual patterns.

His face brighten up when he saw that she wasn't mad at all. "I was going with the group regardless. I wanted to ask you if you didn't mind coming with me after the dance to watch the meteor shower? I'd think it would be an ultimate opportunity to see something that only happens once in a life time. Besides I don't wanna go watch alone it would probably be depressing." He said this really shy like. He had his hands in his pockets. Although he continued to engage in eye contact with her.

Sensing a girl in need, Bella tried to come to the rescue, "Hey, I have a great idea. Why don't we go to the shower as a group. It'll be fun. What do you say?" She asked, looking first to Jack, then to Ana, then to Jay.

"Yeah... that works," Jack nodded absentmindedly. It was tough not cracking up at Jay's suprisingly successful efforts to be suave. True he was doing great, but Jack had known him for a long time, had heard him talk about all manner of inappropriate subjects, had performed wresling moves with him on the trampoline, and really.. it was just funny.

He looked back at Bella, made eye contact and nodded more coherently.

"Yeah, that would actually be pretty great I think." He stared at her eyes and face for longer than he realized, before finally snapping out of it.

"Oh ah yeah, Jay, what you doin tonight, man?"
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Looking up at the stars Jay responded with such a blank comment "Nothing I might drive to Sanders for something to eat. Anyone wanna come?"

"Yeah, that's great," She answered, giving Bella a non-verbal thank you, "I'm up for sanders. Contrary to popular belief I do eat."

Flexing her non-existant mass Anastasia did her best terminator impression, but she had the feeling that even jack could snap her twigy figure.

I honest to god mean it! Now where the hells my sammich?!? Eon Spirit's Avatar
    Hoping intelligence sparks in some peoples minds...

Back at home I fall asleep, hoping the next day'll be more, eventful.
    New Claimed Character: Onikami O'Donnel Son of Wolf O'Donnel
    Awesome!! The spirituous Soulhaven Town Come join the club Cyndaquils, get'm now!

Albums wanting:
    Slipknot - Vol. 3 (The subliminal Verses)
    White Stripes - Eephant
    Halo 2 Soundtrack 1
    Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
    Disturbed - Ten Thousand Fists

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast