Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Heaven's Fall: The RP

((Since the football game started at 3pm I am going to go ahead and assume its like 6pm-7pm and just getting dark. I also assume the game is over.))

"Well, guys. I am going to head out. It's been real. Hope to see you later at my place, Ana." And with a small wave, she turned and walked away.

Upon arriving home Bella threw her bags down and closed the heavy front door. Usually she found great comfort in the expanse of white tile leading to the curving stair, the dark wood banister shining faintly from much polish, the prisms sparkling overhead in the chandelier. The hall table standing proud with a spread of sweet smelling flowers held the days mail, the entire area smelled of lemon Pledge and home. She should be able to find comfort there today, but as she looked down the long, dim hall toward the arching double french doors leading to the back patio she could see what appeared to be a trail of her mother's clothing leading outside.

Staring up at the vault ceiling, hands clinched into fists at her sides, “God, what did I ever do to deserve this? Honestly, could you maybe make some things convenient for me some of the time? Is it too much to ask to find my mother clothed when I get home? Is it??”

She stared at herself for a few moments in the mirror over the hall table. She looked much younger than she felt at that moment. She half expected to see a crone staring back at her instead of the pale face of a teenage girl with faintly pink cheeks from the chill of the early evening. She covered her face with her hands and scrubbed at her eyes with her fingers to keep from crying. She was ruining her make up but she didn't care at the moment. Make up could be fixed more easily than this situation. Sighing, she started down the hall, picking up her mother's clothes as she went.

Pushing the arched glass door open she found her mother half laying on a lounge beside the pool, wearing nothing but one black thigh high nylon, her black lacy panties and matching bra. Her hand was hanging down and covered in blood, clutching a crystal decanter of some amber colored liquid by the neck. Her mother's face was turned away.

The leaves were starting to fall from the large oak and maple trees canopying the backyard. There was a nip to the air as the evening was setting in. The flowers in the various containers around the patio were looking distinctly worse for wear. Autumn was upon them, and it was officially too chilly to be lying about nearly undressed in the back yard.

Bella stopped to stare for a moment, mother looked terribly pale. Taking several deep, calming breaths. “Please, don't let her be dead. Please, please don't let her be dead. I can't deal with this right now.” It was possibly the most selfish prayer she had ever uttered, concerned more for her personal discomfort than for the fact that her mother was lying catatonic.

As Bella approached she could make out a faint snoring sound coming from the lounge. So she wasn't dead after all. That was a relief. When Bella came near enough to make out her mother's face she realized it too was covered in blood. A needle and syringe protruded from a large welt on her mother's forehead, the blood now dried had apparently ran from that wound.

She took the bottle from her mother's hand and tucked it onto the lounge before dropping her clothing onto her in a heap.

“Mom. Wake up.” She said, shaking her shoulder gently. When she didn't budge to move, Bella grasped her shoulders and shook her much more roughly. “Wake up you fool woman!”

“Wh- wha- what did you say to me?” Her mother asked, groggily.

“I said, 'Mother, please wake up.' Are you doing heroin again?” Bella asked, hands on hips.

“Of course not. Don't be silly, whatever gave you that impression? Now, be a dear and run along to let mummy sleep.” Her voice was clipped, and a slight British accent still clung to the syllables.

Bella grasped the syringe and pulled the needle from her mother's forehead.

This gave me that idea. Now get dressed. You are going to Aunt Joyce's for the weekend, remember?” She said, tossing the syringe aside and placing her hands on her hips. “There is no use lying. If you hurry and get dressed I won't tell daddy.”

Which was a lie of course, she would have to tell her father. Her mother needed another trip to the Betty Ford clinic in Arizona, it seemed.

“I'm calling a cab. You better be dressed when I get back. Do you hear me?” She didn't wait for a response, she just marched back into the house to call first Aunt Joyce and then the Spielburg cab company.

((also if anyone is uncomfortable with the drug references let me know and I will edit it out and make her mother only an alcoholic))

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

Jack stretched and headed for the car. He figured why not let Jay take Anastacia out, maybe buy her a burger at Sanders. If they hit it off, great! If not, well at least the girl would get some free food. As for Jack. He had an... appointment to make.

He drove around town a bit before stopping at a grimy little strip mall. He hopped out of the car, taking a black duffel bag with him. Ebon clad, pasty face whiners, grungy clothed stoners, and bathless nerds watched him from their perches against the wall and along the low brick walkway as he went into the Natural 20.

It never smelled pleasant there. The goth kids might dab themselves in repulsive perfume, but it was still repulsive, the majority of the gamers in the place avoided baths like the plague and the whole area was smoky and pungent. Two kids looked up from the playstation and stared at Jack, simultaneously pushing their glass back up their nose with one finger. Almost like a mirror image... or clones, he thought.

There are the back was David. They had been friends in grade school then drifted a bit as Jack diversified and David solidified his position as lord of all geekdom, the fact that his uncle owned the bigest gaming store in town had only a little to do with it. With a girl (of sorts) at either side of him, David looked almost like a sort of rail thin jabba the hutt. The girl on the left was Debrah, she was a little portly, her hair done up in tight pigtails. Glasses covered green eyes and nothing covered the relentless tide of acne. She was more than a little overweight, and the way she dressed and held herself accented the unnatractiveness of it. She was however, relentlessly loyal to David and had been since the second grade. On the right was....Moontear. Well that's what she decided she was going to be called. Jack was pretty sure her name was actually Alysson Tanner. She was thin, a little thinner than was probably healthy, and wore a black tank top and black cargo pants that hung off her. Her hair was dyed black, her nose was pierced and her makeup was very dark. Actually Jack could dig the way she did her make up, and she did have pretty eyes but.... he tore himself away from such thoughts and back to the matter at hand, back to David.

David wasn't particuarly impressive on his own of course. He wored a faded led zeppelin shirt and jeans, decent enough attire in Jack's quick estimation. His hair was greased and parted, His face was a little paler than it should have been, the effect of avoiding the sun. He wouldn't have been really loathesome in general, allthough he did have a large, unsightly wart on his nose. Still his women loved him, or feared him. They stared at each other for a time and then finally David broke the silence of the room with his squeakish voice.

"So, you've come... and you've brought your bag. I know what you've come for and I shouldn't let you walk out of here without proper compensation. That was a slight that I will have a great deal of time forgiving."

Jack couldn't help but smile, putting off the band of misfits assembled there. The situation David was taking so solemnly was seriously ridiculous.

"Hey it's not my fault you decided to trade me a bunch of expensive Magic the Gathering cards for my entire collection of Pokemon cards. And it's DEFINATELY not my fault that they went out of fashion. Dude, I am sorry for your loss, my heartfelt condolences but hey, the new millenium's coming up soon, maybe they'll make a Pokemon Purple and thsoe cards will be worth something again, Hey it's a thought!"

David glared at him for a moment then made a rather fake yawn, trying to put his minions at ease.

"Fine, let's see what you have to trade... and what are you looking for?"

Jack's eyes twinkled as he set the bag on the table, toppling a few of the crappily painted elves and orcs that had been battling in some gridpaper dungeon not thirty minutes earlier. He pulled a stack full of books and papers.

"A second edition Game Masters Guide, Manual of Power, Monstrous Compendium Volume 2, AND... a handwritten copy of my Dad's level 20 dwarf fighter cleric," Jack smiled at this as the crowd was semi awestruck. He wasn't into roleplaying as much as his father had been, but he DID know how legendary his father's exploits had been back when he had played under David's uncle's regime. He had been the greatest. The most clever, the best actor, and the most exciting to watch and play with. A copy of his famous in certain circle's character sheet was a definate memento.

"And I'm looking for the third issue of Aliens vs. Predator and..." he looked about the store and at last his eyes fell on a cheap little pendant, probably stainless steel, but it MIGHT be silver. It had a pale blue stone with a white swirl through it, set in a hands of a tiny peweter fairy, "THAT!" he said pointing.

David sneered, "No way, there's no way these books are worth that, even with the character sheet of Olaf Olgson Twentieth Level Dwarven Fighter Cleric! and..." David was cut off as Jack opened the Dungeon Master's Guide to reveal the scrawled signature of Gary Gygax on the inside cover. David stared for a moment, then snapped his fingers. His brother, a big burly kid who, although only in the 6th grade nearly dwarfed Jack, stepped forward, gingerly carrying the requested comic book in a clear cover. He laid it cermoniously on the table.

"Take them," David said, not daring to look at the triumphant Jack Jones. The young man picked up his comic book and the empty duffle bag and grabbed the pendant from the stand on his way out.

"Hey David, I might be in to play Wedensday, depending. Pleasure doing business with you... as always."

Jack grinned like a chesire cat as he left the Natural 20, hopped in his trans-am and headed for Sanders.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Before Bella realized it the cab had arrived. She bundled her mother into it wearing a trench coat and fedora, looking very Dick Tracy all things considered. Staring out the window she watched the cab's red taillights pull away from the curb. The tall townhouse was located on a street filled with identical red brick townhouses, all having identical red maple trees just on the opposite side of the sidwalk before the identical stairs leading to the identical doors. The front yard consisted of an expanse of cement and a patch of grass surrounding the trees.

Turning away from the window, Bella wandered once more down the dark paneled hallway toward the arching french doors leading to the back yard. The back gardens were separated by towering black cast iron fences, and were almost as different as the front yards were alike. Bella's long and narrow backyard had a rectangular heated underground pool which was installed in the 1920s and looked it. The blue, green and white mosaic tiles covering the bottom of the pool may have once been in style, but now they looked like something out of an old film. A fountain trickled merrily to the right of the patio doors; three ladies in suspended animation held jugs spilling their contents into an algae filled basin where koi fish darted in and out of the lily pad shadows. The yard was, for the most part, covered in concrete for ease of care. Pots spilled vibrant colored flowers here and there. Near the back fence, in each lonely corner stood two massive old trees that had seen three generations of Parisi children skin their knees on the patio.

Bella's backyard appeared minimalistic aesthetic, whereas her neighbor's to the left was surrounded by a dense and nearly impenetrable wall of jungle like greenery. Lush and thick, the garden felt humid even in the upstate New York climate. In the winter the bare shrubbery and bushes still gave the center of the yard relative privacy. To the right, her neighbor's garden held three large and neatly trimmed shrubbery. One in the shape of a bear, one in the shape of a woman and one in the shape of a man throwing a disk. The neatly trimmed grass was cut obsessively three times a week and the bushes trimmed daily.

As a young child Bella had longed to play in the grass, to climb the bear shrub, or hide in the jungle of greenery. But now she saw the gardens for what they were: A lot of work. She was very pleased with her patio, and the fact that it didn't need more than a weekly sweeping.

Now she looked everywhere for the discarded needle without any luck finding it. She shouldn't have thrown it. Sighing she did a quick glance around for any other drug paraphernalia that may be lying about before abandoning her cause. It wouldn't do to have anything like that found, she'd just have to keep people off the back patio.

Once inside she checked the front room to make sure everything was in order. Rosita the day maid had pushed the furniture against the walls so that the center of the room was empty save for the wide coffee table covered in an array of nail polish, face creams, and you know other girly things. I really doubt anyone is actually reading this at this point and I really don't know what sort of things a cheerleader slumber party would require be on a coffee table in the middle of the central party zone.

Bella went upstairs to shower and change out of her cheer uniform. Anti-climatic ending to a long and pointless post. I hope you enjoyed.

The up and coming underdog

Feeling completely ignored, as usual, only cool when being spoken to, but whatever. I rode my skate board home, took a shower, and went to bed deciding friday I'll be invited to friendly conversation. Strange, I'm never usual bugged by this type of thing being a sophmor while most of them are seniors so, its common but, something about this seems strange. I sat on the bed instintly asleep before I could finish my thought.
    People may read and write but, the writers of the world make all the good stories. The only question is if anyone here is a writer?

Pairs: Leafeon_2008

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

OOC: Qoorl finally gave me something to post about. Geeky Godfathers, now that's some fun RPing.

IC: Michael looked triumphantly at the dice he had just rolled. Of course, he would've won without rolling the dice at all, but getting a 10 and a 22 added salt to the wound of his thoroughly embarrassed opponent, who had proclaimed his might throughout the land but had finally been defeated from a single blow by Michael's gladiator. For added effect Michael poked the homemade sorcerer figure down with a nudge of his finger. "Sorry, Joe, you lose." Michael laughed and extended his hand, into which Joe Hafchik placed a CD with the ROM data of half the Nintendo 64 games in circulation. Michael laughed triumphantly.

Michael picked up his D&D set and left the table, people staring at the 12 year old prodigy who had just defeated one of the most acclaimed D&D players in the neighbourhood. All that was left was that idiot of a gamer David and then Michael would rule the geek-community, and crush his opposition in a moment. Michael wanted to leave Spielburg with one special treat before he left for greater things, and he decided the best way was to lead the brainiacs and nobodys to new heights until the small town was left with an almost communistic social system for the next 50 years. I guess I'm not as meek as I thought.

KING OF THE UNIVERSE Goku_king_anime's Avatar

Jay looked at Ana and asked "do you wanna ride with me? I don't bite."

Earth hopefully, but sometimes I wonder...

OOC: It was fine Keke, really it was. (And yes, I did read that far. I do that for everyone's post believe it or not.)

IC:She had rather hopped that they would all consider a quick bite so she wouldn't be alone, but she couldn't very well excpect a second bail. She looked him up and down and thought it over a minute, then gave her head a slow nod.

"Alright," She said hesitantly, "Lead the way."

KING OF THE UNIVERSE Goku_king_anime's Avatar

He lead her to the red Mustang GT. THey both got into the car and buckled their set belts. "So do you have a boyfriend he?" He asked her timidly.

Bella stood in the shower with her head bowed and let the hot water run over her. She always seemed to think in the shower, she couldn't keep from it, in fact. She came to realize that she must have always known what had been going on, as she always seemed to figure things out. Never fully realizing, but never being completely oblivious either, like staring at a shadow show on a wall. Vaguely you recognize that someone is making figures with their fingers, but it's amusing anyway. She preferred life that way, really; Hazy, never too sharp. She loved to be able to keep up the pretenses. Once you accepted reality for what it was, life lost all its charm.

Playing along had seemed the best option at the time to not make trouble for people. Just like she went along for so long about Daddy's secretary or mother's habits. She probably would have went along just as she had, feigning ignorance, or indifference, indefinitely. As happy as anyone could be while living a great pretense.

I suppose she only wanted what she couldn't have Bella thought, then more darkly as though a shadow crossed her face, To hell with people. The Catholic church had an awfully good way of handling all that only a few hundred years ago. Just burn the heretics. She shook her head, water droplets flying off the ends of her hair to splatter onto the glass of the shower door. Try not to think of it. Good advice, that. Oh it's swell advice. Try to take it sometime. Just try and take it. Then she realized she was thinking so hard about not thinking of it that she couldn't help but think of it and had to laugh helplessly in derision.

The water was getting cooler and quickly becoming quite cold. Twisting the knob to turn off the water she stepped out of the shower and grabbed a towel, just as the phone rang...

Earth hopefully, but sometimes I wonder...

Yeah, okay so maybe the trying to be nice and following the boy in the car thing wasn't working out so well.

"If I had a boyfriend do you think I would be group dating to the dance and walking into a guys car alone? Hmm?" She asked slightly cross, "And if you come back with some really cheesy pick-up line I'll roll out of the car."

She kept her face stern but felt a twang of guilt. Was she being to harsh? She had seen this guy flirt with practically every girl on the cheerlead squad, but he had proved to be nothing short of a gentlemen thus far.

"Sorry, didn't mean to snap," She said fishing through her pockets and finding the last of the spare couch change, "Fries on me."

Pulling into Sanders she moved rather slowly in her rollerblades as to not look like she was making a quick escape. She was however excited to be at a populated place again, she was sort of fancying the idea of being in the market for friends so to speak. Still, best to make it a quick snack, she planned on going to Bella's sleepover and she'd need to get some pj's and the like. What did one wear to a big sleepover bash?

"Hey Freckle Fart, what are you doing here?" The voice said, painfully dragging out each syllable like a death sentance, but she might have had a biased opinion.

As soon as she heard the voice she wanted to turn around, rollerblade past the car and all the way home. How could she be so stupid? Her brother always worked the late shift at Sanders, and Mickey was known to be a class clown and embarassing whenever possible. He finally graduated last year, three years to late in her opinion. She gotten stealthy at avoiding him but it was more like postponing the inevitable.

"Cut the act Mick, I just want some fries and a shake," She said passing him the money.

"No, seriously, isn't it your night to watch Jackie and Noah," He said in all seriousness.

Her face grew paler, if it was possible as she did a mental check of the schedule. Last weekend, who had watched them last weekend... she was sure it had been her, and that would make it Kane's turn. Yet, the more she thought about it, the more blurred the weekend's became.

"Mom and Dad are gonna kill me!" She groaned turning around, "I'm so sorry Jay, really, I'll, I'll make it up to you at the dance!"

Bolting out the door she raced for home, taking the back allies so she wouldn't have to stop at the street lights. As the she closed in the front gate of her home, she could see the flickering lights of the living room.

Jack stepped into Sanders, just as Anastasia was running out.

"Oof" hey I guess that means.... well, she's gone."

He shook his head and moved the rest of the way into the place. He gave Ana's brother a polite nod and moved toward Jay.

"What did you DO?" he asked, grinning. He was pretty sure Jay hadn't done anything untoward to the girl, plus she seemed worried about something as she dashed past. Maybe she left the stove on? Strange girl.

He moved over beside his friend.

"Well I guess that means it's just you and me, eh?"
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Bella ran into her room to answer the phone, bare toes sinking into the gray carpet. Water dripped from her hair down her back to run the length of her legs only to puddle around her feet, leaving foot shaped marks. She snatched up the receiver of the phone on her bedside table. No one had corded phones anymore, it was terribly out of style but she still liked it because it had a hold button. Putting people on hold always made her feel important. She twirled the cord around her wrist and answered, “Hello?”

“Hello, cousin. I've come for a visit. Let me in, I'm on the doorstep and it's freezing out here.” It was TJ, he always knew the worst possible moment to show up.

“Look, you can't stay here, I'm home alone and I have plans for the weekend. My mother is at your mother's, I'm sure they would welcome you with open arms.” That was a blatant lie, his mother didn't much care for him and the only thing her mother would welcome was her drug dealer.

“I bet you 100 pesetas you'll like what I have to say. Let me in before I freeze to death.” She couldn't tell much from his tone. What was pesetas anyway? Must be some form of money...

“Fine. Give me a moment I'm just out of the bath. I'll be right down.” She rung off, she didn't want to listen to his protests about how cold it was and why she should hurry.

She went back to the bathroom and wrapped her hair in a towel, then threw on her pale pink kimono robe and equally pale pink slippers. The slippers had slightly raised heels and glitter pompoms on the toes, they made her think of 1940s film stars and she absolutely adored them. If she had on anything underneath she would let the robe fly out behind her while she ran down the stairs, and pretend she was Julie London. She'd give anything to sound like Julie London, she always lamented the fact that she didn't have a singing voice.

When she opened the door, she took one look at JT and gasped, she grabbed his arm and drug him in. He was wearing khaki shorts, a short sleeved Hawaiian shirt and flipflops. He hadn't shaved, he was dark around the eyes, his hair was unkempt. He looked like hell, and she told him so. “You look like hell. What've you been doing? Rolling around in the dirt with Pigpen from the Snoopy cartoons?”

“No. I've just gotten in from Spain. They almost didn't let me on the plane dressed this way but the color of money is very persuading.” He laughed, and she noticed he was carrying something wrapped in a dirty blue towel very carefully.

“What's that?” She asked, indicating the towel. “What were you doing in Spain?”

“All in good time. I need to get cleaned up, I'm borrowing some of your dad's clothes and you are taking me out to dinner.” He bounded up the stairs taking them two at a time and darted into her dad's bedroom before she could stop him.

She followed at a slower pace, and closed the door to her mother's bedroom firmly before ducking into her father's room to see what TJ was up to. “I really doubt daddy would approve of this...”

Standing in the doorway to her father's bathroom she watched TJ through the mirror as he lathered his face and began to shave. The towel wrapped item was lying on the counter. “Bloody fool thing Beth did, I'll have you know. What bloody fool things people do.” When she didn't say anything, he went on. “Why didn't she go off with one of her own sort of people? Or me? Why not me?” he looked at his face carefully in the mirror, studying his foam flecked reflection.

“It's an honest face. A face anyone should feel safe with.” He turned on the faucet and cupped his hands to splash water over his face.

“I don't think she has ever seen much of your face.” She said, uncertainly... He didn't have a bad face, as far as cousins went. She supposed he had classic good looks, his mussed sun-bleached blond hair fell over his forehead in soft waves, his cheekbones were high and sharp, his mouth was nearly feminine but still an alright sort of mouth. His eyes served as his true crowning glory, a bright icy blue that seemed to cut right through you, especially when his face was tanned so darkly as it was then.

“She should have. All women should see it. Everyone should. It's a face that should be plastered over bulletin boards, spread on silver screens all across the nation.” He said, dabbing at his face with a hand towel. He splashed some aftershave on and winced at his reflection. “My god. Isn't it an awful face?”

“It's an alright sort of face for a cousin to wear, I suppose...” She said, still unsure. TJ was behaving so oddly.

“And as for this fellow, oh what's his name? No don't answer. I don't care. He makes me sick. And he can go to hell.” He pushed past her and went to her father's closet, stripping as he went. She averted her eyes, blushing slightly. TJ had apparently picked up very European ways during his time away. She hadn't seen him since Christmas.

“How could you possibly have heard about any of that?” She demanded, she knew it was a small world but that was just ridiculous.

“The stone told me. Come on, let's go to Sanders, I need a big greasy cheeseburger. You can't get a decent cheeseburger in Spain, you know. I'll tell you about the stone when we get there. Don't ask before then because I won't tell.” He went back to the bathroom and picked up the blue bundle almost tenderly. He cradled it in his arm like a baby.

With the deep tan and his scruff that he had worn earlier he almost looked swarthy and roguish. Now he looked very Wall Street with the white and light blue pinstripe button down collar shirt and black slacks. He did clean up well, all things considered.

“You're being very weird. I need to get dressed. I'll meet you downstairs. We only have an hour before I have guests arriving so you better eat that cheeseburger fast.” She said, shaking her head and walking across the hall to her own room, she shut the door in his face when he tried to follow.

Some 15 minutes later she found herself in a booth at Sander's, waiting patiently for TJ to begin weaving his tale of how a rock could have told him about Beth and Mark.

"well damn," Jack said quietly as Bella arrived at Sander's with some guy. So much for that train. Ah well, plenty of other fish in the sea... well, there were some... a few at leat, and Jay just snatched up another one of them, well he might have if she hadn't fled the resturaunt in such a hurry. Maybe Jay had a point, maybe some strange things really WERE going on. Madness on a biblical scale lately... while that was nothing new for highschool, it still seemed definately odd. This is the kind of crap that David would dig. Too bad he had become a brooding douche the last couple of years. Still, if this night got any worse he was contemplating going BACK to the Natural 20 and challenging David to run The Temple of Elemental Evil. Bah... things were that bad.... yet.

Jay didn't have much to say, Bella and some dude were talking in a private booth, Ana had run away, New Girl was either getting ready for the sleepover or making up an excuse not to come, Tomo would likely be at home watching some anime with pretty girls and tentacles in it, Mick would be showing off his lacross skills, Steve would be with his girl. The night was getting unpleasant again.

Jack ordered a burger. Food might take his mind off everything, maybe.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Bella waved over to Jack and Jay, "Hey you guys. Come meet my cousin, TJ."

TJ was tearing through a cheeseburger like a man just released from indenture. Bella cautiously stole one of his fries AND some of his ketchup.

“You are a helluva good girl. Anyone ever tell you that?” TJ said, wiping his mouth on his napkin.

She looked at him oddly, wondering if he had been using. It seemed everyone was either hitting the bottle, the pipe or the needle lately if they weren't just snorting their poison off the asses of hookers.

“No, I'm not as good as I could be, I don't think.” Bella replied.

“Listen, you are a hell of a good girl, and I'm fonder of you than anyone else on earth. I couldn't tell you that in Alabama or they'd say it was incest but here it should be fine.” He paused and looked to Jack, “Did you know the civil war was all about faggotry? Lincoln was a faggot. He was in love with General Grant. So was Jefferson Davis. Lincoln just freed the slaves on a bet. The Dred Scott case was framed by the Anti-Saloon League. Sex explains it all. The Colonel's Lady and Judy O'Grady are Lesbians under their skin.”

He stopped abruptly.

“Want to hear some more?” He asked, looking at Jay, grinning. He went on without waiting for a response, flagging a waitress down. “Coffee. I need coffee. It's the caffeine in it. Caffeine puts a man on her horse and a woman in his grave. Coffee is good for you.”

“Wait. I want a slice of that chocolate cream pie.” Bella told the waitress, pointing to the glass domed pie on the counter. She wasn't getting through this conversation without the sweet comfort of chocolate.

“That's not nice Bell. Show irony and pity to the lady, Knell Bell. Go on.” TJ said, indicating the waitress in her pink and white uniform dress. Bella stuck her tongue out at TJ, and the waitress just turned and walked away.

“That's not irony.” JT rolled his eyes and rolled three fries in ketchup before shoving them in his mouth. His table manners had definitely degenerated since she had last seen him. She was a little embarrassed, he sounded less than sane and was behaving strangely. What the fuck.

“Are you alright, TJ? You seem... High strung...” She asked, cheeks slightly tinged with pink.

“You know what's the trouble with me? I'm an expatriate. One of the worst sort. Fake European standards have ruined me. America has ruined her.” He indicated Bella with his thumb, then tilted his head as if listening to something no one else could hear. “We're all obsessed with sex. The media drips with it, it's disgusting." He paused to listen again.

"Furthermore, I spend all my time talking, never working. So do you, I'd wager.” He said to Jack.

Edited the above post

OOC: Okay dudes my dust attention span can't read that. I'm assuming Megan should be heading over to Bella's.....?

Oh, and I've been reading the Twilight series, sorry I've been gone.
    "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
    But in ourselves, that we are underlings."
    ~

"I had heard about Lincoln's tendencies toward's the menfolk, that's why he had a wife named Todd. Didn't know that about Davis though. Shame. So you're an expatriate eh? THat's sucks I suppose, and I wouldn't say B's ruined, just a little strange, but most girls are you know. As for doing more talking thatn working... I do a little of both. I work a few hours during the week unloading trucks at a factory, nothing fancy but it pays for gas. And from my kinfolk farther down south, I'd say it'd be more likely to be considered incest here than there, mind you I'm no incestologist, or even a sexologist. You are right, she is pretty fantastic though from what I know of her. Hell I'm not even dating anyone at the moment, but then I'm not an expatriate either, Where was I?" pausing in his tirade, Jack pulled up a chair, spun it aroudn and straddled it.

"Jay, sit, be conversative."

He glanced at Bella gave her a kind of sheepish grin, then turned back to TJ.

"So, if you're some sort of wandering traveler.... and Sex Doctor... or whatever it is you do to survive, why the heck are you in Spielburg? Shouldn;t you be in one of the classier cities... like Paris, Texas?"

He flagged the waitress down and asked for a coke. Yes this TJ guy was definately on something serious, but from the bit of experience Jack had had with drug users, they were frighteningly interesting conversationalists. It was about then that he realized he had forgotten his own manners.

"Crap, B, can I get you a coke or something too? I notice you don't have a latte with you this time, and no dirtbag cheerleaders are around to absorb it should I happen to trip. I'll have to tell you bout that sometime, Cousin TJ."
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Oreos and cookie crunch! Hikari's Avatar

Yve had assumed that Aidan would get a ride home with a friend, so she had driven home alone. Once at her house, she took care not to look at the mountain of textbooks currently standing at almost a foot tall on her bedroom floor. Instead of being a responsible student, she grabbed a novel a plopped down on her bed, ready to get lost in the fantasy. But her mind kept drifting off to the events at the game. . .

When one of the players (she really had no clue which team was which school) had hurt his arm, Yve had rolled her eyes. If they really cared about breaking their arms, why didn't they just wear pads there? Really. Besides the awkward feeling of sitting next to people you only recognized from passing periods in the halls (and some you didn't recognize at all) it had been a tolerable day.

"I say, he's a good chap, Knell Bell. Truly." TJ said. Bella gave TJ a strange look, she seemed to be tossing those about.

"Oh no, I have pie coming, and coffee." She said to Jack.

"What am I doing here? I'm here because the stone said to find Bella, simple, really. Something is supposed to happen around here in the coming days, true, truly true, I tell you. But apparently the stone doesn't know everything like I thought it did because it said all you do is talk and it seems you do work occasionally." He polished off the last fry and looked around impatiently for the waitress. "When I say I need caffeine I mean I need it now, not whenever some filly gets around to it."

"Oh well, I even tried asking it deeply philosophical questions like, 'Which came first, chicken or egg?' and do you know what it said? It said, 'How should I know? We should not question. Our stay on earth is not long. Rejoice, give thanks, and have faith.' How's that for bullshit. No really, I mean it. Bullshit."

"I wonder which day God created the chicken?" Bella asked, eyed wide with astonishment.

"The stone says God didn't. It just was, and then God was, and God now isn't, and we should rejoice." TJ said, in all seriousness.

"God, you're a shit when you're drunk, or whatever you are at the moment." Bella laughed. Finally the waitress brought the coffee, pie and Jack's coke.

OOC: Er, hello?

OMG! I WAS SO SCARED OF THIS HAPPENING! YOU GUYS DID FORGET ABOUT ME!
    ~

((ooc NO we didn't! I've mentioned you in a few posts... Bella had a sudden unexpected visitor and had to leave the house and so the slumber party is being delayed.. if you want to meet up with everyone their at sander's Hunger is a perfectly good excuse for going there by the way))

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure the egg came first since there were things that layed eggs before chickens did. That's science... god I hate science."

Jack sipped his coke. This guy was strange, but decent, crazy for sure, but he really put Jack at ease for some reason.

"Doesn't she have gorgeous eyes?" he said to TJ suddenly, then he started a bit then looked at Bella, "well, you do."

"ANyways, where'd this stone come from? You dig it up in some archaeological find or something?"
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

OOC: We are at the diner, heading to the slumber party afterwards, a matter of minutes in rp.

OOC: Thank you. I was scared for a minute. And Qoorl, thanks for mentioning Megan, I tend to accidently skip things in posts when I loose focus. I'm working on a Twilight pic at the same time. Very distracting

-----

Megan took Lauren home and headed to Sanders.

"Can't I come with you?" Lauren pleaded.

"No."

"Why?"

"Because Lauren." Megan gave her a glare. "Stay here."

Lauren pouted. "Fine!" she ran up to
    her room and sulked.
    ~

"Rather." TJ said in agreement. "But you should never let her know you think so. That's the trouble with nice looking girls, they are getting it let right and center shoved in their face. It's true you know. People constantly go on about how cute girls are cute. The way to their heart is with slight degradation. I don't mean to call her an ugly fat whore, but just slide in there now and then that you don't think the sun rises out of her navel only to set in her vagina and you'll do much better. They won't get why you don't dig them as much as other guys do, it will give you mystery, it will give you PIZZZAAAAZZZZ!" He said, doing jazz hands as he said it.

"Besides, Bella is a dreamer. Don't faaallll in looove with a dreeamer, just give them pity and irony... Pity and irony! Oh give them irony... Give them pity... When they're feeling... Pity and irony..." He kept right on singing to the tune of 'don't fall in love with a dreamer' until the waitress brought the bill. "Oh mine! Mine, truly mine! It is you know."

Bella rolled her eyes and glanced at Jack, "Thankyou... I think."

"Oh the stone. You asked about the stone. I found it while fly fishing in the mountains in Spain. Lovely country, Spain." Said TJ.

"I'll take your word for it," Jack said with a shrug. He gave his coke another sip. Yep Ol' Cousin TJ had crossed the cool part of madness, buzzed past the annoying part and went straight to the creepy part. Of course, Michael the Wunderkind wasn't much different most times. Maybe it meant that Smart people were crazy? Or that they were incredibly close to drug users, or something. AH well it wasn't anything he really troubled himself over for now.

"Hey, B... Don't you have a slumber party or something to organize? Facials to do and Patrick Swayze to oggle? Man, everytime I THINK of that movie all I can think is... Nobody puts Baby in a corner. eesh, that cracks me up. If he wants to, TJ can hang out with J and me while you do your girl thing."

He almost regretted that when he said it, TJ seemed quite a bit out there, but the girl did look a little...uncomfortable maybe, with the situation and he would like to help her out. She DID used to be a pretty good buddy back in the day. And to top it off only an hour or so ago he had gotten to look down the front of her shirt. Good times.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast