Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 58

Thread: I can't believe how anti-Christian this forum is.

  1. #1
    1999 Mazda Miata MazdaSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    122

    Default I can't believe how anti-Christian this forum is.

    I know you guys don't have to be Christians but you can at least respect it. Saying Jesus didn't exist? That there is no God? This kinda stuff is really offensive.
    When the government is robbed, the worst that happens is that certain rogues and loafers have less money to play with than they had before. - H. L. Mencken

  2. #2
    The Gentleman Fuhrer Pikatwo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    In a house presumably on Earth.
    Posts
    5,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSpeed View Post
    I know you guys don't have to be Christians but you can at least respect it. Saying Jesus didn't exist? That there is no God? This kinda stuff is really offensive.
    Deal with it. Your beliefs aren't above scrutiny and criticism.
    The Pikatwo Diaries ...

    Ultimate Destiny: Ninetales 009 Adventures - an original and exciting Pokemon fan fiction, updated whenever-

  3. #3
    Nidogod That Ho!!! Nidogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,284

    Default

    I'm a Christian. And Christians annoy the hell out of me most of the time.


    I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.

  4. #4
    1999 Mazda Miata MazdaSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pikatwo View Post
    Deal with it. Your beliefs aren't above scrutiny and criticism.
    Well yeah but the way you guys argue it's not really criticism, it's more like slandor.
    When the government is robbed, the worst that happens is that certain rogues and loafers have less money to play with than they had before. - H. L. Mencken

  5. #5
    Nidogod That Ho!!! Nidogod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,284

    Default

    You're right. We'll elect a pope and have him formally apologize to you, ok?


    I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.

  6. #6
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    I'm sorry for insulting your imaginary friend. I will try to be more politically correct in the (distant) future and respect to your immature, petty, childish beliefs.

    You know why I'm not a christian? Because I read the bible!



    BTW, do you have a real, mature, coherent argument as to why we should

    a.) respect your belief
    b.) believe as you do
    c.) give two fucks what you think

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  7. #7
    ಠ_ಠ Sasuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    funky town
    Posts
    3,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nidogod View Post
    I'm a Christian. And Christians annoy the hell out of me most of the time.
    I was like that too. I believe in God, but I'm not a christian really.

    Quote Originally Posted by Keke Le Cat View Post
    I'm sorry for insulting your imaginary friend. I will try to be more politically correct in the (distant) future and respect to your immature, petty, childish beliefs.

    You know why I'm not a christian? Because I read the bible!



    BTW, do you have a real, mature, coherent argument as to why we should

    a.) respect your belief
    b.) believe as you do
    c.) give two fucks what you think
    a.) Yes. You don't need to crack on someone constantly, what they beileve is who they are, and that should be respected just as much as your beliefs and who you are should be.

    b.) No one said you have to believe as they do. Quote it for me.

    c.) you don't have to give to fucks but someone REALLY needs to hear the respect song. We're all guilty of this shit but seriously, it's like you're OUT TO GET THEM.

  8. #8
    In a world... where a voice from the heavens tells you to CUT LOOSE. Octazooka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Chilly North
    Posts
    816

    Default

    The problem I have with Christianity is the hypocrites who use it to justify their actions. ''I did volunteer work because God wanted me to'' is not an excuse, you should want to be kind just to be kind, not because if you don't you'll go somewhere painfull when you die. I don't agree with the carrot-and-stick strategy that, in a way, mollycoddles society.
    Paired with: Qoorl the Atomic Cowboy, Sasuke the Ninjassasin, Solly the Wise King, and Keke Le Cat

    [Virgin Pride:yes:]

  9. #9
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Octazooka View Post
    The problem I have with Christianity is the hypocrites who use it to justify their actions. ''I did volunteer work because God wanted me to'' is not an excuse, you should want to be kind just to be kind, not because if you don't you'll go somewhere painfull when you die. I don't agree with the carrot-and-stick strategy that, in a way, mollycoddles society.
    Word up, crazy 8-legs.

    Quote Originally Posted by Sasuke View Post
    I was like that too. I believe in God, but I'm not a christian really.

    a.) Yes. You don't need to crack on someone constantly, what they beileve is who they are, and that should be respected just as much as your beliefs and who you are should be.

    b.) No one said you have to believe as they do. Quote it for me.

    c.) you don't have to give to fucks but someone REALLY needs to hear the respect song. We're all guilty of this shit but seriously, it's like you're OUT TO GET THEM.

    Oh so we have to respect his religion but he doesnt have to respect anyone else?

    Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSpeed View Post
    I'd feel uncomfortable having a muslim as president.
    What they believe is stupid, so that makes them stupid, and I don't respect stupid.

    I'm all about freedom of speech, so they are infinity free to believe what they want, say what they want, feel what they want, screw who they want, marry who they want, abort whatever they want, smoke what they want, etc.

    BUT SO AM I.

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  10. #10
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSpeed View Post
    I know you guys don't have to be Christians but you can at least respect it. Saying Jesus didn't exist? That there is no God? This kinda stuff is really offensive.
    Go to hell

  11. #11
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    omg <3 mario

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  12. #12
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    I found Jesus, btw. He's much taller in person.

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  13. #13

    Default

    this thread is shit and it's not because of the thread starter

  14. #14
    Father Figure Qoorl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pokedream
    Posts
    7,770

    Default

    Eh on some level I can hear where you're coming from MS, I get more and more disgusted with these people everyday, sure it's great to criticize Christianity, there's plenty to criticize, it takes a hell of a lot of faith or a hell of a lack of intelligence to Believe, someitmes both, but most of the people here ARE a bunch of slanderous, spiteful jerks. It's not really their fault though, it's KEWL to trash other people's beliefs these days. Especially if it's a mainstream belief. And everyone wants to be KEWL.

    But on the other hand, this is a frickin Pokemon forum yo? It's not the 700 club. You can't expect people to be accepting of your beliefs all the time. Hell, don't you know anything about history? The Christians were persecuted for hundreds of years before the belief system slowly seeped in and was absorbed by the Romans. Just because they gained a bit of a highground, doesn't mean they aren't immune to persecution. Some would say we've even earned this persecution by the way people have misused Big J's teachings over the years. People will use ANYTHING as a tool to do whatever the hell they want, and you have to admit that Christianity is the BIG religion, although Judaism and Muslims have a good bit of power as well, and Hell, The Wiccan belief is the fastest growing religion in the world right now, Shit, I got off track, anyways... since We're the biggest religious power in the world, Christianity has been one of the biggest tools to commit attrocities.

    Now I'm not saying these people who mock your (and to some extent mine) religion are right, or that they should mock your religion. On the contrary, I think it's as childish what their doing as your whining about it. But people are childish, selfish, biggotted, and a host of other horrible things. Seriously if you're worried about peopel trashing Christianity, then you should make a concerted effort to fix what you can about it. If you want people to accept it, make it acceptable. You see some of your Southern Baptist or Roman Catholic, or Presbyterean or whatever brothers or sisters, dissing someone because of their beliefs, or because their a pasty faced goth whiner. You call them out and defend that person. If HEaven forbid you see some of those same 'Christian' brethren beathing the hell out of some poor gay guy because of his beliefs, or planning to blow up an abortion clinic... well you do your damned best to stop them. Our BUddy Jesus would have... He had all kinds of low life friends, and because he wasn't a pompous Neo Christian Ass, people liked him, and a good many even believed what he was all about.

    Anyways.... Not sure what all I jsut said, but I said something.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

  15. #15

    Default

    well you made the thread worthwhile but you started an argument.
    I will say this to believe in god is irrational and to not belive in him is also irrational

    so which kinda irrational do you want to be.

  16. #16
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    Ripdo goes to one of those black churchs

    She sings with the quire, just like Big Mama

  17. #17
    Father Figure Qoorl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pokedream
    Posts
    7,770

    Default

    Hey those black churches are damned cool. I'm not one for whoopin and hollerin and stomping of feets myself, my worship such as it is is a bit more quiet, but they are a damned sight more Faithful than a lot of the more 'mainstream' ones...
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

  18. #18
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    Well yeah, they are amazing

    Ha ha ha ha ha, "I'm not one for whoopin and hollerin and stomping of feets"

    HA HA HA HA HA HA H AH HA

  19. #19
    Father Figure Qoorl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pokedream
    Posts
    7,770

    Default

    *shrugs* I calls em like I sees em.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

  20. #20
    1999 Mazda Miata MazdaSpeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Keke: Name one point in this thread where I tried to convert anyone. All I said is it's really offensive to just say this stuff, at least have counterpoints. I just mention I'm offended and the topic explodes with hate.

    Octazooka: Thank you for insinuating I'm a mindless hypocrite. It's good to know open minded people like yourself frequent this forum. We would all be lost sheep without your peerless and unbiased insight.
    When the government is robbed, the worst that happens is that certain rogues and loafers have less money to play with than they had before. - H. L. Mencken

  21. #21
    Father Figure Qoorl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pokedream
    Posts
    7,770

    Default

    See instead of listening to my advice, you're trying to start crap up with the naysayers. Until you act like a decent Christian (I'm not saying your not, just that you gotta make people believe that you're A O K in their book) trying to argue with these people is like trying to argue ANYTHING on the internet.

    Namely: A Pointless Waste of Time

    Instead of arguing with Oct (Which the best thing to do in that situation would probably be to ignore the comment) why don't you make some sort of response showing that you actually DO respect the naysayers position? Until you make a decent shot at having an untouchable position, or allowing enough compromising that they can't help but feel ashamed for jumping on your case (some people are so little and insecure with themselves that they won't EVER feel bad for jumping on you, wether they are wrong or not, those you'll just have to endure) then you aren't going to be able to argue your point effectively. And in hindsight, working to make people ashamed of themselves may be a dirty trick, but in cases like this where it's a matter of people attacking something with no one to intelligently or effectively defend it, and in a few other rare cases... I'd say it's acceptible.

    but then what do I know?
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

  22. #22
    I left as kingdra, but now I'm more KinRyuu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Yo man, I believe in God, but I don't believe all aspects of Christianity, most of them for all the matter. All I know is that there is a higher being or deity out there. You mentioned earlier for people to respect the belief of God and Jesus, but how can they. Who are you to question someone's belief or non-belief? In all honesty, Christianity is one of the most jacked up, divided, un-original, confusing religions of all. Christianity has bitten of of so many others and it has so many divisions it's inconceivable. You had the Catholics at first, but it was corrupt so you had the reformation, where the protestants created the church of england. That church tried to restore peace, but it too was corrupt, so people came to the America's as Puritans. The Puritans were messed up and.......... now we have so many divisions. It all just spiraled out of control.
    "If you think it, and you believe it, you shall receive it,"
    -personal quote

  23. #23
    The up and coming underdog
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    For me to know for you to never find out
    Posts
    102

    Default

    Their are tons of people who believe in god, but don't go to church or over do it with Christianity, and find overly Christian people somewhat annoying. No offense to anyone who is but, that kind of stuff seems quite common among Americans and even people outside America its all upon how you see it. Its your opinion so your kind of being a little over agitated on the fact of others opinions.
    People may read and write but, the writers of the world make all the good stories. The only question is if anyone here is a writer?

    Pairs: Leafeon_2008

  24. #24
    This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    retarded
    Posts
    14,001

    Default

    I like how Qoorl posts, 'cause it sounds like actual speech.

  25. #25
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    The way I post sounds pretty much exactly as I speak.

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •