Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34

Thread: my onix hates me

  1. #1
    chemicalwarfare
    Guest

    Default my onix hates me

    im playing pokemon gold, and no i don't have the rock badge but i traded my bellsprout for an onix and it hates me.. how do i make it like me again

  2. #2
    Does Dragonite scare you? Dragonfright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cover your ears, then I'll tell you.
    Posts
    1,100

    Default

    I've never played gold before but I assume its the same as most games. One way is giving it Proteins, Calciums, HP ups, etc. Or just keep battling with it and soon it will like you more.

  3. #3
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    Well you probably did something to deserve it

  4. #4
    In a world... where a voice from the heavens tells you to CUT LOOSE. Octazooka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Chilly North
    Posts
    816

    Default

    Nah, it's totally not your fault. Any animal who was swapped for a walking weed and stuck with a ten-year-old newbie who can't win one fucking gym badge wouldn't mind in the least bit.
    Paired with: Qoorl the Atomic Cowboy, Sasuke the Ninjassasin, Solly the Wise King, and Keke Le Cat

    [Virgin Pride:yes:]

  5. #5
    Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Kaleidoscope Of Mathematics
    Posts
    18,232

    Default

    gym badges have mystical powers that might help

  6. #6
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    I dunno, If I were an Onix, I'd hate this guy too

  7. #7
    A low to mid functioning sociopath. Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Somewhere on the other side of nowhere
    Posts
    3,846

    Default

    I'm guessing the lack of gym badges could be a large part of his problem.
    "I can't explain just how it feels,
    the thoughts of my premature burial.
    Inside this oblong box I lie,
    with the hope I'll be buried alive."



    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/ind
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/tra

  8. #8
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    I think it's his personality

  9. #9
    A low to mid functioning sociopath. Shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Somewhere on the other side of nowhere
    Posts
    3,846

    Default

    50% lack of gym badges + 50% sucky gay personality = his problem.
    "I can't explain just how it feels,
    the thoughts of my premature burial.
    Inside this oblong box I lie,
    with the hope I'll be buried alive."



    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/ind
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/tra

  10. #10
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    I never said he had a sucky gay personality, I'm just saying he's just a tad unlikable, especially in the case of Onix

  11. #11
    Pokemon Addict at 20 SarahScissorhands's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Bristol, England, UK. In term time Stroud.
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Just keep on training it and treat in nicely... Give it items like stat enhancers, potions... Try not to let it faint... Take it to the Pokemon Salon in the underground building in Goldenrod city...

    And guys that wasn't very nice to imply a 'gay personality'... Whatever that means... They were only asking for help.

    If you need any advice you can always PM me... It's no use trying to get advice from silly children.


    Add me on Wifi

    Friend Code: 451123292414

    Name: SARAH (with a heart symbol at the end)

  12. #12
    Does Dragonite scare you? Dragonfright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cover your ears, then I'll tell you.
    Posts
    1,100

    Default

    You gotta watch what you say to these users. They'll be on your case for a while. Sure I agree with you, its not right to do that but I wouldn't try to get away with calling them children.

  13. #13
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SarahScissorhands View Post
    Just keep on training it and treat in nicely... Give it items like stat enhancers, potions... Try not to let it faint... Take it to the Pokemon Salon in the underground building in Goldenrod city...

    And guys that wasn't very nice to imply a 'gay personality'... Whatever that means... They were only asking for help.

    If you need any advice you can always PM me... It's no use trying to get advice from silly children.
    You can clearly tell he did something to deserve the hatred he's recieving. It has nothing to do with anything involving the game. I'd chalk it up to karma

    And yeah, Don't take advice from anyone with Childish Pokemon stuff in their signitures, you can tell they are silly children

    Or Shadow

  14. #14
    Does Dragonite scare you? Dragonfright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cover your ears, then I'll tell you.
    Posts
    1,100

    Default

    What could he do? Its not like those pokemon games let you do much with that stuff.

  15. #15
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    He must have done something unforgivable in his life or in a past life that Onix found out about

  16. #16
    Does Dragonite scare you? Dragonfright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cover your ears, then I'll tell you.
    Posts
    1,100

    Default

    He found a bucket of water and is using it on his rock type friends.

  17. #17
    IGNORE ME Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in the gentlemans ring
    Posts
    333

    Default

    If a traded Pokemon is over a certain level and you don't have a certain badge, they won't obey you.

  18. #18
    Does Dragonite scare you? Dragonfright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cover your ears, then I'll tell you.
    Posts
    1,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    If a traded Pokemon is over a certain level and you don't have a certain badge, they won't obey you.
    Tell us something we don't know.

  19. #19
    IGNORE ME Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in the gentlemans ring
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfright View Post
    Tell us something we don't know.
    I said that because rather than your answer, I figured the OP was asking why they won't obey rather than like. Because as far as I remember, there wasn't a very defined hate/love friendship in Gold/Silver besides a few people evolved after being groomed a few times.

    Also, this is coming from someone who hasn't played the game?

  20. #20
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,683

    Default

    Tell us something we don't know
    there is a south african politician named Tokyo Sexwale

  21. #21
    Does Dragonite scare you? Dragonfright's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cover your ears, then I'll tell you.
    Posts
    1,100

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    Also, this is coming from someone who hasn't played the game?
    You make it sound like I have no knowledge of this at all. First of all I know from other games that to get friendships you can give it Proteins, Calciums, etc.
    and win badges and in the TV games (Pokemon: Gale of Darkness) there are different scents. Second its not like I have no experience with the Johto games at all, I play Crystal. And third the question was how do I make it like me again.
    You answer
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    If a traded Pokemon is over a certain level and you don't have a certain badge, they won't obey you.
    Yes he knows that, he needs to know how to make it like him. And four, God told me something I don't know.

  22. #22
    Incognito Argh Peer; Somewhat Retired Ani Medley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfright View Post
    You make it sound like I have no knowledge of this at all. First of all I know from other games that to get friendships you can give it Proteins, Calciums, etc.
    and win badges and in the TV games (Pokemon: Gale of Darkness) there are different scents. Second its not like I have no experience with the Johto games at all, I play Crystal. And third the question was how do I make it like me again.
    You answer
    I think that when our dear OP said "like", he/she/it meant something else entirely. In this case, there is approximately 90% chance that getting the Onix to obey was the issue, and the remaining 10% is its actual chummy factor.

    Of course, we'll just have to wait for the OP to clarify things before eating crow.


    The eternal scene, immortalised before those dastardly fanmakes.

    Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeKazron
    See, that's the problem with trying to sound intelligent when you're an idiot. You screw up.

  23. #23
    In a world... where a voice from the heavens tells you to CUT LOOSE. Octazooka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Chilly North
    Posts
    816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    there is a south african politician named Tokyo Sexwale
    Paired with: Qoorl the Atomic Cowboy, Sasuke the Ninjassasin, Solly the Wise King, and Keke Le Cat

    [Virgin Pride:yes:]

  24. #24
    IGNORE ME Hawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    in the gentlemans ring
    Posts
    333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ani Medley View Post
    I think that when our dear OP said "like", he/she/it meant something else entirely. In this case, there is approximately 90% chance that getting the Onix to obey was the issue, and the remaining 10% is its actual chummy factor.

    Of course, we'll just have to wait for the OP to clarify things before eating crow.
    To add to this, why exactly would the want their Onix to love them? He doesn't evolve that way and it doesn't benefit him all whatsoever until at least you get return.

  25. #25
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    To add to this, why exactly would the want their Onix to love them? He doesn't evolve that way and it doesn't benefit him all whatsoever until at least you get return.
    Maybe he's really sensitive and wants a deeper bond with his pokemon, just like ash

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •