Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 34

Thread: Yojimbo's Political Beliefs

  1. #1
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,769

    Default Yojimbo's Political Beliefs

    One of the phenomenons of political-based postings at PD are the beliefs of one, Yojimbo. So far we know the following:

    -Believes capitalism works because of "impressive buildings and important businessmen"
    -Believes fiscally conservative policies are best in poor economic times
    -Believes the rich should not have to pay higher taxes

    When questioned of these beliefs, he usually does not go into too much detail to defend them and respond to claims. So I make this thread for the purpose of us to get to better know the political philosophies of the poster Yojimbo. I call for Yojimbo to post his political philosophies, I will respond to them in haste.

  2. #2
    Disembowelment is forthcoming Yojimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    I'm always on the move
    Posts
    13,386

    Default

    Okay, I never said I was going to major in political science. I know just enough to proclaim myself republican. End of story, please?

    I don't go into detail because I simply do not enjoy debating, and if it seemed like I was debating in those previous threads, then forgive me. I was only butting in like I always do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    Then we will dye easter eggs and watch stupid horror movies until she pisses her pants and I die.
    “I’m growing impatient with these malevolent slithering reptiles on this bloody aircraft.”
    - Snakes on a Plane (As if spoken by a proper Englishman)

  3. #3
    cogito ergo doleo Keke Le Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Hilbert Space
    Posts
    11,174

    Default

    Poor Yojimbo. <3

    1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

  4. #4
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    HA HA HA HA HA HA H HA HA HA HA HA HA

    A good wholesome source of dumb entertainment, Yojimbo on Politics

  5. #5
    Disembowelment is forthcoming Yojimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    I'm always on the move
    Posts
    13,386

    Default

    I guess it was dumb to sample you guys with my beliefs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    Then we will dye easter eggs and watch stupid horror movies until she pisses her pants and I die.
    “I’m growing impatient with these malevolent slithering reptiles on this bloody aircraft.”
    - Snakes on a Plane (As if spoken by a proper Englishman)

  6. #6
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,769

    Default

    Yojimbo I just want to hear you explain your beliefs and then I can tell you where you're wrong. You should want to know more about the world. I mean some of my opinions used to be similar to yours(although i was always an economic populist at heart) but hearing evidence to the contrary changed them. There is hope for you, Yojimbo!

  7. #7
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    The beiliefs were dumb, not the idea of sampling them, having a laugh at your stupidity is about the only thing all those ideas are worth

  8. #8
    Disembowelment is forthcoming Yojimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    I'm always on the move
    Posts
    13,386

    Default

    The fact is, this upcoming election is what directed most of my current beliefs, and before I was periodically a democrat. You see, everything I said about being conservative, the importance of capitalism, and reasons not to elect Obama were all seen on television, and I simply cannot back them up if that's currently all I know. Everything I told you is basically up to date with what's going on in Yojimbo's political mind, however microscopic in capacity it may be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    Then we will dye easter eggs and watch stupid horror movies until she pisses her pants and I die.
    “I’m growing impatient with these malevolent slithering reptiles on this bloody aircraft.”
    - Snakes on a Plane (As if spoken by a proper Englishman)

  9. #9
    Registered Users Regular TeenageAngst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Mount Cynicism, at the corner of Nobamaland and Itoldyousovia.
    Posts
    4,238

    Default

    I just want to hear you explain your beliefs and then I can tell you where you're wrong.
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

    Here I am with my empire
    I’ll bring you to your knees
    Ebb and flow with my desire
    Cause its all that you’ve been taught to be

  10. #10
    ಠ_ಠ Sasuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    funky town
    Posts
    3,480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    Yojimbo I just want to hear you explain your beliefs and then I can tell you where you're wrong. You should want to know more about the world. I mean some of my opinions used to be similar to yours(although i was always an economic populist at heart) but hearing evidence to the contrary changed them. There is hope for you, Yojimbo!

  11. #11
    Father Figure Qoorl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pokedream
    Posts
    7,784

    Default

    Know what? Since Yojimbo's not being too talkative.. I'll spin some of my political beliefs.. such as they are.. and you guys cna tell me why THEY are wrong.

    OKay I'm not too big on capitalism, but it's put in place and with some tighter regulations I think it works as a system. Socialism is really nice idea, but I think America at least is too firmly ingrained in capitalism, too used to it, t be able to switch over to socialism readily. And it would be too hard to motivate some people to do anywork.. and what are you gonna do to the people that are allready rich? Take their money away? That doesn't sound constitutional... or right in anyways (even if a lot of them probably deserve it) So pure socialism is definately out.

    I'm big on compromises however and I think we COULD reach some kind of hybrid with a LOT of work.

    The War... we should either pull the hell out and offer sme military tech to the current regime at a discount to help them out... or carpet bomb the hell out of anywhere we suspect their/our/whatever percieved enemies might be hiding, THEN pull out and offer some military tech to the current regime and an inflated price... whatever, as long as we get out of their... we aren't going to conquer it... they aren;t going to really give us free oil or anything.. it's costing the US lives and respect for.... no gain really. End it one way or the other....


    Economic... Military... what else? Healthcare... some kind of Universal system SOUNDS good, can the Govm't pay for it and implement it is the problem...

    Trade with foreign nations is a definate good idea, but we still need to work on domestic jobs...

    On a side note... I think I blame Lincoln for a good chunk of Americas poor race relations...I mean. he declared war, emancipated all the slaves.. the emancipation was GOOD, and it needed to be done, but the way he did it... well. Suddenly after the War of Northern Agression ended... Blacks are homeless and jobless with no prospects... the poor whites in the South are in the same boat as them really, they just had a few more technical rights... Well now dirt poor whites are having to compete with homeless blacks that because of Lincoln's poor planning, have NO training, and no way to really better themselves. Then Northern carpet baggers come in...take HORRIBLE advantage of the now free blacks... and put Poor white and poor blacks at odds. The plantation owners could have possibly been able to pay for blacks to work at some sort of reasonably fair wage if THAT was how Lincoln had set it up. Boom slaves are nominally free... they can leave the plantations if they want, but they can stay and be paid a fair wage. Instead the war so decimated plantations that they could only offer a bit of sharecropping... and of course since Lincoln didn;t make any declaration saying that HAD to hire free blacks... they just took advantage of the poor whites and bent them over backwards... so now the poor blacks hate the plantation owners (which they already did).. poor whites see the poor blacks as an eminent threat to their life because they have to compete so fiercely for jobs, no laws were put in place to really HELP the blacks that were now free so they got exploited the hell out of by Northernerns and some plantation owners... so now they've been dug into a hole that they're STILL trying to dig their way out of, educationally, socially, economically... and now they pretty much hate all whites. Just a few laws, and a lot less vicious war mongering on Lincoln's part and we could all be holding hands right now.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

  12. #12
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,769

    Default

    using that we are too ingrained in capitalism as a talking point against socialism is pretty stupid. we were pretty ingrained in slavery at a certain time. as short as a few hundred years ago slavery was a legitimate mode of production as much as paid labor is these days, im sure at the time plenty of people were saying 'well a world without widespread slavery would be pretty nice and all, but i just dont think itll ever happen'

  13. #13
    Father Figure Qoorl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pokedream
    Posts
    7,784

    Default

    It took a vast and bloody war on the part of the US to get to a slavery free world... and really it took longer than that if you factor in the Sharecropping and Carpet bagging...
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

  14. #14
    Hadouken! The Azn Party Boy™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Doing Karaoke
    Posts
    7,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    The fact is, this upcoming election is what directed most of my current beliefs, and before I was periodically a democrat. You see, everything I said about being conservative, the importance of capitalism, and reasons not to elect Obama were all seen on television, and I simply cannot back them up if that's currently all I know. Everything I told you is basically up to date with what's going on in Yojimbo's political mind, however microscopic in capacity it may be.
    That's what you fuckin get for watching Fox News. They're job is smearing Obama and minorities, and be cheerleaders for Republicans! Fair and balanced my ass!



  15. #15
    Registered Users Regular TeenageAngst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Mount Cynicism, at the corner of Nobamaland and Itoldyousovia.
    Posts
    4,238

    Default

    Slavery was falling out of favor anyway. It would have eventually gone away once technology improved and we did our usual business of following European trends. If I recall it was actually a relatively minor reason for the Civil War, there were other more prominent ones.
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

    Here I am with my empire
    I’ll bring you to your knees
    Ebb and flow with my desire
    Cause its all that you’ve been taught to be

  16. #16
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    And yeah, to be fair, comparing slavery and Capitalism are completely different catagories. Slavery was I guess something you could have called part of the economy while Capitalism is the economy. Moving to Socialism isn't a law change, it's a complete change of one of the countries root concepts. It's always been there.

    I could understand making some form of hybred that uses Socialist concepts on the framework already laid down by the Capitalist economy we already have, but complete change to Socialism just wouldn't work with the powers that be and whatnot. Even with how bad the economy is, concepts and all, the people just wouldn't want to change something like that that has been there and has rooted itself into our current government and society so deeply. They would however probably except reform of what we already have.

  17. #17
    Disembowelment is forthcoming Yojimbo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    I'm always on the move
    Posts
    13,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Qoorl View Post
    Know what? Since Yojimbo's not being too talkative.. I'll spin some of my political beliefs.. such as they are.. and you guys cna tell me why THEY are wrong.

    OKay I'm not too big on capitalism, but it's put in place and with some tighter regulations I think it works as a system. Socialism is really nice idea, but I think America at least is too firmly ingrained in capitalism, too used to it, t be able to switch over to socialism readily. And it would be too hard to motivate some people to do anywork.. and what are you gonna do to the people that are allready rich? Take their money away? That doesn't sound constitutional... or right in anyways (even if a lot of them probably deserve it) So pure socialism is definately out.

    I'm big on compromises however and I think we COULD reach some kind of hybrid with a LOT of work.

    The War... we should either pull the hell out and offer sme military tech to the current regime at a discount to help them out... or carpet bomb the hell out of anywhere we suspect their/our/whatever percieved enemies might be hiding, THEN pull out and offer some military tech to the current regime and an inflated price... whatever, as long as we get out of their... we aren't going to conquer it... they aren;t going to really give us free oil or anything.. it's costing the US lives and respect for.... no gain really. End it one way or the other....


    Economic... Military... what else? Healthcare... some kind of Universal system SOUNDS good, can the Govm't pay for it and implement it is the problem...

    Trade with foreign nations is a definate good idea, but we still need to work on domestic jobs...

    On a side note... I think I blame Lincoln for a good chunk of Americas poor race relations...I mean. he declared war, emancipated all the slaves.. the emancipation was GOOD, and it needed to be done, but the way he did it... well. Suddenly after the War of Northern Agression ended... Blacks are homeless and jobless with no prospects... the poor whites in the South are in the same boat as them really, they just had a few more technical rights... Well now dirt poor whites are having to compete with homeless blacks that because of Lincoln's poor planning, have NO training, and no way to really better themselves. Then Northern carpet baggers come in...take HORRIBLE advantage of the now free blacks... and put Poor white and poor blacks at odds. The plantation owners could have possibly been able to pay for blacks to work at some sort of reasonably fair wage if THAT was how Lincoln had set it up. Boom slaves are nominally free... they can leave the plantations if they want, but they can stay and be paid a fair wage. Instead the war so decimated plantations that they could only offer a bit of sharecropping... and of course since Lincoln didn;t make any declaration saying that HAD to hire free blacks... they just took advantage of the poor whites and bent them over backwards... so now the poor blacks hate the plantation owners (which they already did).. poor whites see the poor blacks as an eminent threat to their life because they have to compete so fiercely for jobs, no laws were put in place to really HELP the blacks that were now free so they got exploited the hell out of by Northernerns and some plantation owners... so now they've been dug into a hole that they're STILL trying to dig their way out of, educationally, socially, economically... and now they pretty much hate all whites. Just a few laws, and a lot less vicious war mongering on Lincoln's part and we could all be holding hands right now.
    It was Tim's fault for waiting until I was grounded to make a thread asking for a god damn conference with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Star View Post
    Then we will dye easter eggs and watch stupid horror movies until she pisses her pants and I die.
    “I’m growing impatient with these malevolent slithering reptiles on this bloody aircraft.”
    - Snakes on a Plane (As if spoken by a proper Englishman)

  18. #18
    Father Figure Qoorl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pokedream
    Posts
    7,784

    Default

    That's a pretty anticlimatic response to my post Jimbo...
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

  19. #19
    This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    retarded
    Posts
    14,017

    Default

    Goddamn ground.

  20. #20
    To all the girls that wanna join my tribe, just move to my rhythm and feel my vibe Echolalia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    It was Tim's fault for waiting until I was grounded to make a thread asking for a god damn conference with me.
    It's your fault for not having the balls to stand up to your mother at 17

  21. #21
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    OH MAN, NOCTURNE'S SUCH A HARDASS

  22. #22
    To all the girls that wanna join my tribe, just move to my rhythm and feel my vibe Echolalia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,459

    Default

    OH MAN, MARIO'S COOL FOR PICKING ON KIDS THAT ARE 14 YEARS OLD ON A POKEMON FORUM TO BE AN ELITIST

  23. #23
    what about .. eyebrows God's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    among the people
    Posts
    49,769

    Default

    hahahaha, yojimbo gets grounded

  24. #24

    Default

    sry jim, cant drive ur skateboard anymore. Or shuld i say sk8bord LOL

  25. #25
    Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philly
    Posts
    20,994

    Default

    He probably got grounded for leaving his skateboard in the driveway too often

    Or getting fined for loitering in front of a 7/11

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •