Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: rankings_lists

Quote Originally Posted by Mario The Black Knight View Post
    Wow.....favorite kind of cattle?

How does one determine such a thing? Like do you really spend that much time with cows? One could really beg the question considering the rest of the lists involve nothing but dairy products
    based roughly on the milk quality and quantity production, appearance, amicability, compliance and the general vibe I get from them. like those Friesians - now there's a bunch of mean old cows. I do a bit of work on a dairy farm up in the Wairarapa in the holidays.

I thought NZ was famous for their sheep?
    they're definitely an icon but dairy farming is a fast-growing industry because of its profitability over sheep farming these days. And I don't think I could work in an environment with sheep - I'd always be so self-conscious and thinking about what I was doing or saying in front of them

Why would you be self-conscious around sheep?

Websites I hate but still visit:

5. Gamespy (More of a filler than anything else, but it is still a hub for some of the biggest retards ever. Plus Gamespy doesn't maintain their DoW servers which is bad enough in itself.)
    4. Myspace (Is getting better now that Facebook has taken most of the teenage fan girls, but still is pretty gay)
    3. Youtube (The most retarded community on the face of the earth.)
    2. Facebook (Anyone remember when it was a college student website only? I do. Not that I was or ever have been in college, but still.)
    1. FMyLife (This, in my opinion, is the worst website ever. I loved it when I first heard about it until I started hearing people quote the website and toting around the phrase 'FML'. Then it lost all coolness it ever had.)
    I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. What God desires is here [points to head] and here [points to heart] and what you decide to do every day, you will be a good man - or not.

It really bothers me when people hate something solely because of the fanbase.

Youtube is fantastic, just don't read the comments.

I think Myspace is diminishing, to be honest. They try way too hard to be just like Facebook now.

When something has a poor fanbase, it diminishes the whole experience of the thing.
    I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. What God desires is here [points to head] and here [points to heart] and what you decide to do every day, you will be a good man - or not.

Quote Originally Posted by NidoKING View Post
    Why would you be self-conscious around sheep?
    well I wouldn't want to look SILLY in front of them now would I? They can be pretty harsh, those sheep.

top 5 kinds of cookies:

1. Afghan biscuits
    2. chocolate chip
    3. ginger nut
    4. oatmeal lace cookies, but I think the US equivalent is aggression cookies [great name]
    5. caramel shortbread

top kinds of nuts:
    no such thing. boy I hate nuts. [and that is not a euphemism for anything else, I just don't like nuts]

probably not the best list, but here's the top 10 PS1 games:

1. FFVII - I hate to go for the obvious but I just can't imagine any other game in this spot. I tried to come up with something else to rival it but nothing else seems to fit but FF7. kudos to it for bringing one of the most compelling games of all time to the table.

2. Metal Gear Solid - some of the best voice acting for this console? possibly.

3. Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete - it's quite the standard RPG, with a romance, ultimate villain and lackies, risque bath scenes and what have you. however, it's an extremely good RPG, particularly for the music [one of the best game soundtracks there is], the script and the random shit that comes with the game like a pendant and fancy leather bound manual. its predecessor, Silver Star Story Complete, was also a high quality game that probably would've made the list if it came with the fun stuff that Eternal Blue came with.

4. Resident Evil 2

5. FFIX

6. Sheep, Dog 'n' Wolf - surprised? Don't be. one of the most enjoyable platform/stealth games I've played. the comedy gets a bit lame but the gameplay is just superb with a huge range of different levels which all bring something new to the game and keep it entertaining. extremely underrated game.

7. FF Tactics

8. Suikoden II

9. The Misadventures of Tron Bonne - great fun

10. Klonoa: Door to Phantomile

Honourable mentions: Front Mission 3 for best strategy game apart from the ones on the list; Abe's Oddysee for best platform game, like Lemmings but a lot better; Ridge Racer type 4 for best racing game; Ape Escape for the best use of the analog sticks that I've seen; and Mobile Light Force for having one of the most irrelavent game covers possible with three scantly dressed women with laser guns for a scrolling shoot-em-up game.

Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Lacemaker View Post
    well I wouldn't want to look SILLY in front of them now would I? They can be pretty harsh, those sheep.

top 5 kinds of cookies:

1. Afghan biscuits
    2. chocolate chip
    3. ginger nut
    4. oatmeal lace cookies, but I think the US equivalent is aggression cookies [great name]
    5. caramel shortbread

top kinds of nuts:
    no such thing. boy I hate nuts. [and that is not a euphemism for anything else, I just don't like nuts]

probably not the best list, but here's the top 10 PS1 games:

1. FFVII - I hate to go for the obvious but I just can't imagine any other game in this spot. I tried to come up with something else to rival it but nothing else seems to fit but FF7. kudos to it for bringing one of the most compelling games of all time to the table.

2. Metal Gear Solid - some of the best voice acting for this console? possibly.

3. Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete - it's quite the standard RPG, with a romance, ultimate villain and lackies, risque bath scenes and what have you. however, it's an extremely good RPG, particularly for the music [one of the best game soundtracks there is], the script and the random shit that comes with the game like a pendant and fancy leather bound manual. its predecessor, Silver Star Story Complete, was also a high quality game that probably would've made the list if it came with the fun stuff that Eternal Blue came with.

4. Resident Evil 2

5. FFIX

6. Sheep, Dog 'n' Wolf - surprised? Don't be. one of the most enjoyable platform/stealth games I've played. the comedy gets a bit lame but the gameplay is just superb with a huge range of different levels which all bring something new to the game and keep it entertaining. extremely underrated game.

7. FF Tactics

8. Suikoden II

9. The Misadventures of Tron Bonne - great fun

10. Klonoa: Door to Phantomile

Honourable mentions: Front Mission 3 for best strategy game apart from the ones on the list; Abe's Oddysee for best platform game, like Lemmings but a lot better; Ridge Racer type 4 for best racing game; Ape Escape for the best use of the analog sticks that I've seen; and Mobile Light Force for having one of the most irrelavent game covers possible with three scantly dressed women with laser guns for a scrolling shoot-em-up game.
    We all know how I am with Game lists, and I have to say this is a reletively respectible top 5, although I would have had FFIX higher, maybe 3rd.

Also, Ape Escape was the first PS1 game I ever owned, and the first game I 100 percented. I wonder what happened to it now that I think about it

I think Silent Hill was my first game, apart from Need for Speed 2 that was still in the console when we bought it sceondhand. Then came FFs 7 and 8. and before someone tries to bring it up, Chrono Cross isn't on there because I never really got into it. the fancy new graphics felt strange and I guess I never thought it lived up to the original game Chrono Trigger. and regarding FF8, in hindsight it could've made 8th or 9th. I mean the whole enemies leveling up with you took some getting used to but it was a decent game, not with the same level of storyline as the others but still playable and it had a much better card game than FFIX.

I liked 9's Card game way better, I never played 8's too much, I just turned the Bahamut Card into 100 Megalixers

Lunar love! Fuck yeah Lacey

Top 10 SNES
    10) Earthworm Jim
    9) Super Mario Kart
    8) Donkey Kong Country
    7) Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
    6) Super Mario World
    5) Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quet
    4) Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Crystal Stars
    3) Final Fantasy III (VI)
    2) Earthbound
    1) Chrono Trigger

Maybe make a NES and 64 one later. Maybe revise this when I'm thinking straight

pretty good list there. I would probably put stuff like Terranigma and EVO on there though and as much as I love Earthbound and Chrono Trigger I'd probably put FFIV at the top - personally it's my favourite FF. and yeah I thought DKC2 was the best out of the three. I'll do a top SNES games list sometime.

Ruminating over a top 5 kinds of fruit list...

To all the girls that wanna join my tribe, just move to my rhythm and feel my vibe Echolalia's Avatar

basic school subjects in order of worst to best
    4) math
    3) science
    2) english
    1) social studies
    Quote Originally Posted by Octazooka View Post
    globs of wet snow raining on me

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

basic school subjects in order of worst to best BRITANNICALIZED

5. Maths
    4. PSHE (Probably your social studies)
    3. Science
    2. PE (Probably your Gym Class)
    1. English

English rules, I vandalize Wikipedia during it and somehow get the best mark in the class consistently.

To all the girls that wanna join my tribe, just move to my rhythm and feel my vibe Echolalia's Avatar

how would you not rate social studies as number one

goddamn it boys, quit pussying up the thread and do some real lists

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

PSHE in our isolated tundra of a country is just government bullshit

Quote Originally Posted by Echolalia View Post
    how would you not rate social studies as number one
    because the school system butchers the teaching of it and doesn't actually go into any depth or discuss anything of consequence as related to the actually events they are teaching

top 10 video games in general

1. final fantasy 7
    2. pokemon snap
    3. ocarina
    4. chrono trigger
    5. tony hawk 4
    6. symphony of the night
    7. final fantasy tactics
    8. lunar 2
    9. super mario
    10. contra

although to be far history/social studies IS still the best subject taught in school. my final in senior year, an essay arguing in favor of affirmative action, was probably the only school assignment i ever put intellectual effort into.

i got like an 89%, which is pretty mind-boggling, considering the last page of it was written in highlighter on the back of another one of the pages, it cut off mid-sentance becasue i was finishing it during lunch and didn't have time, i didn't bother making a bibliography/source page, and the specs(spacing, margins, etc) were probably completely wrong.

plus it was supposed to have a cover page and all that jazz which of course didn't happen. so obviously the guy blew his load over the actual content of it since he was your generic non-radical liberal dude.

top 3 obscure sexual positions
    1. Rusty Bike Pump
    2. Isosceles Lock
    3. Pounding on the Spot

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Best Modes of Transportation

1. Train
    2. Motorcycle
    3. Horseback
    4. Bus
    5. Plane

1. train
    2. subway
    3. bus
    4. blimp
    5. plane

worst: car

top five miscellaneous writing forum posters

1. pichubro
    2. hicky
    3. rainbow kitten
    4. ninja in the darkness
    5. pokemastersean13

Why does everyone thing Rainbow Kitten is so great? She wrote one awful emo poem that I made fun of, then I made fun of her for being a loser, and has done nothing since.

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast