Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Israel

Default Israel

So yeah, Israel is launching massive military assaults against the Palestinians again, completely out of proportion to anything Palestine has or could do. Do they not realize that if they stopped doing things like this Hammas would have no support, since a huge part of Hammas is providing medical care and education, since the Israeli's have blockaded all such aid to the Palestinians and oppress them militarily and economically. It is the most baffling thing in Western politics how beyond reproach Israel is when they are so blatantly aggressive, oppressive, and expansionist.

Discuss the Israel/Palestine conflict.

Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar

I don't suppose having some third party, like the UN, come in and take control the Gaza strip and saying neither country can have it would help anything

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

Face facts gents, if someone sits on your doorstep lobbing rockets at you, by far the easiest way to deal with it is to march in and turf them out.

One wouldn't lob rockets, Rockets are propelled. One would lob Grenades or Mortar shells

And the Israelis are just as at fault as the Palestinians, so it's not like anyone can say they are defending themselves, who knows who took the first shot anymore

Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    Face facts gents, if someone sits on your doorstep lobbing rockets at you, by far the easiest way to deal with it is to march in and turf them out.
    Face facts gents, when you rule over a people without their consent or wish, blockade them into ghettos and cut off all economic opportunities and humanitarian aid, you don't really leave people many other choices.

Not to mention Israel has no economic desire for peace. A large amount of Israel's economy is dedicated to the security industry, because they have credibility by being at war all the time. The less war and instability there is in Israel, the less marketing opportunities they have for their very lucrative industry.

I'm not saying that they are intentionally staying at war for this purpose, I'm saying that there is at the very least a considerable conflict of interest with peace in the region.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario The Black Knight View Post
    I don't suppose having some third party, like the UN, come in and take control the Gaza strip and saying neither country can have it would help anything
    The UN and the US support Israel and don't recognize Palestine. This conflict isn't about two countries fighting over land, it's about a large, industrial country with the full support of Western powers ruling over a refugee population who are enticed by terrorist groups because they don't have anything else.

What, do the US and UN benefit from the war too in some way?

I really don't get why the US is so pro-Israel. Getting the Jewish vote has a lot to do with it, so do the lobbies, but the level of support is really pretty staggering.

That makes no real sense

Wait, didn't america have something to do with the reformation of Israel after World War 2 or something? That might be another possible reason

And Israel is basically pulling a russia here at this point from what I understand, correct? Just invading because they feel like it basically

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Let's just ignore the fact that Israels' been asking for peace treatise fro the past 30 years.

Let's just ignore the fact that Israel has blockaded Palestinians from their jobs, a healthy supply of food and water, medicine and humanitarian aid.

Registered Users Regular TeenageAngst's Avatar
    Mount Cynicism, at the corner of Nobamaland and Itoldyousovia.

After WWII a large area of land was promised to Israel by Briton. It was also promised to Palestine, and one other nation that I forget, possibly Russia IDK. Basically when the three nations called Briton on it they simply backed out of the whole thing and let them have a free for all for it.

Israel's actions can at best be called attrition and more realistically be called genocidal state funded terrorism. They actually have racial colonies where only Jews may live, governed by Israel, on Palestinian land. They have constructed walls on Palestinian land to protect THEIR boarder. They receive massive funding from the U.S. to do this as well because, as God pointed out, no one knows the fuck why. It's pretty fucking mind boggling to have a goddamn WAR ON TERROR and attack of all the cunt goggling places IRAQ when Israel does it constantly.

I'm not one to sign on to Zionism conspiracies. Zionist conspiracy theorists are as crazy to conspiracy theorists as conspiracy theorists are to normal people. I'd more or less chalk it up to the sum of the greed between the lobbies and politicians.
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire
    Iíll bring you to your knees
    Ebb and flow with my desire
    Cause its all that youíve been taught to be

I'm guessing that whole Zionism deal you mentioned there at the end is a Conspiricy theroy about US involvement with Israel

I can't think of any real reason for the US to support Israel at all really, other than the fact that supporting Palastine would make it sort of look like the US supports Hamas, Who are more open about their terrorism than Israel, who at least try to look legitimate a little bit

Registered Users Regular TeenageAngst's Avatar
    Mount Cynicism, at the corner of Nobamaland and Itoldyousovia.

The Zionist conspiracy has varying tiers of madness, from claiming that there's a secret society based on Zionism to claiming that all presidents and the royal family are somehow tied by bloodlines to Israel. I think it breaks down much simpler: Here be weapons, there be a nation at constant war, sell to they for high price. The US is probably involved because the US leaders get a nice kickback from funding the MIC by buying weapons for Israel.
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire
    Iíll bring you to your knees
    Ebb and flow with my desire
    Cause its all that youíve been taught to be

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    Let's just ignore the fact that Israel has blockaded Palestinians from their jobs, a healthy supply of food and water, medicine and humanitarian aid.
    Well maybe if you're country had been bombarded by rockets over the past five years, you might want to stop it.

The answer for the Palestinian land thing is pretty simple. Although most Palestinians work cooperatively, many want to kill Jews. Let's face it, it would be like having a bomb inside yourself.

Your a moron Solly, you really are

It's not as much the Palistinians wanting to kill jews as much as the Jews wanting to kill Palistinians.

Other than Hamas and it's supporters, the Palistinians are generally just trying to peacefully resolve the issue, just looking to have a country to live in

The Israelis are trying to just kill off the Palastinians to solve the problem, if there are no Palastinians to claim the land, the land belongs completely to Israel, they don't have to share with anyone

Take a look at those casualty figures again solly, whose killing who?

Quote Originally Posted by Mario The Black Knight View Post
    Your a moron Solly, you really are

It's not as much the Palistinians wanting to kill jews as much as the Jews wanting to kill Palistinians.

Other than Hamas and it's supporters, the Palistinians are generally just trying to peacefully resolve the issue, just looking to have a country to live in

The Israelis are trying to just kill off the Palastinians to solve the problem, if there are no Palastinians to claim the land, the land belongs completely to Israel, they don't have to share with anyone

Take a look at those casualty figures again solly, whose killing who?
    Okay, let's say you're sitting in class, and this random guy comes along and starts pushing needles into your side. they don't hurt to much, but hey still are incredibly annoying, and they are distracting even though you need to focus on those retarded bullies next to you. So you ask him politely to stop. He doesn't. You show him you have some muscle. He doesn't. You tell him he has one more chance. He doesn't. So you punch him in the face.

Also, it seems the Palestinians were the ones who, what's the term, started it, by not keeping a certain treaty:

1996-1999 agreements

Newly elected Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu declared a new policy following the many suicide attacks by Hamas and Palestinian Islamic Jihad since 1993, including a wave of suicide attacks prior to the Israeli elections of May 1996. Netanyahu declared a tit-for-tat policy which he termed "reciprocity," whereby Israel would not engage in the peace process if Arafat continued with what Netanyahu defined as the Palestinian revolving door policy, i.e., incitement and direct or indirect support of terrorism. The Hebron and Wye agreements were signed during this period, after Israel considered that its conditions where partially met.

Also, the Jews don't want all of Israel. By biblical and practical means, Gaza is completely useless.

I'll just argue like you

Let's say your a big fat jew. You have a large pie, and there's a skinny hungry Palastinian behind you who was also promised that pie. You eat most of the pie in one greedy bite, and leave about a quarter left. Now you don't need that quarter, and that hungry Palastinian would certainly benefit from it, but since your a fat greedy son of a bitch who likes pie, you keep it for yourself instead because your a fat greedy son of a bitch who knows since the Palastinian is smaller and weaker, and has no food, he can't fairly compete with you in a fight so you just eat the pie like the fat bastard you are.

Basically the same thing, they don't need Gaza, they just want it because they are greedy fat bastards

It doesn't help that Palestinians happen to have a "Kill every Israelite" thing going on. Peaceful coexistence is not an option: the only choice is brutal suppression.

Well why do you think Hamas is so angry?

Say a bunch of americans just started making cities in Britian where the rules in that town are that if you aren't from america, you can't live in this town and are killed for disobeying

Same thing is happening in Palastinian territory

I mean Hamas is a little extreme about it, but the other Palastinian faction is moderate and not so violent

Like if the Israelis conceded to Palastine's demands, and Hamas was still violent, then they would be at fault, but Israel is pleanty to blaim for their own problems at this point. Hamas has pleanty of reason to be pissed off.

America doesn't own Britain.

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

i think he was using britain as a something you can relate to, as you're british, maybe

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast