Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Israel

Registered Users Regular TeenageAngst's Avatar
    Mount Cynicism, at the corner of Nobamaland and Itoldyousovia.

I heard last night on the radio they'll be sending in Israeli reinforcements soon. This is getting way out of hand.
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire
    Iíll bring you to your knees
    Ebb and flow with my desire
    Cause its all that youíve been taught to be

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    Western media sucks Israel's dick and portrays Hamas as an evil organization which exists only to kill Jews in the name of Islam.
    So? That doesn't change the fact that they want to wipe a country off the map.

Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar

If someone was invading your land you would want the same thing

Invading land they were told they could have. Did they try and live together?

That just won't work, both sides agree on that. They need two seperate states.

Exactly. But both of them have been told they can have the land. If the Israelites are forced out they won't have a nation: they'd be stateless, which isn't allowed. If the Palastinians move out, they'd have places to go and wouldn't be stateless, because they already don't have a state. Fact of the moment: the Arab governments around Israel refused to have a separate Palastinian state set up after Israel was established.

So what, the Israelis deserve a state more than the Palastinians?

And the Palastinians don't plan on taking all of Israel, Just mainly Gaza and the West bank. It's a 50/50 split, if not less, like 51/49 in Israel's favor. Israel just wants 100/0 in their favor, and the Palastinians dead

Yes, yes they do, because Palastine doesn't exist as a state. It's been divided, and everybody within it has a nation. If you destroy Israel you destroy a nationality.

The surrounding Arab states refuse to recognise Israel as a country. Israel has no choice but to fight and remove threats to their security.

Whose talking about destroying Israel? We're talking about Israel giving up a couple small chunks of land so another race has somewhere to live. Your also losing a nationality if Palastine is destroyed too.

The other states in the area are probably pretty mad that Israel is being greedy about the land area that their fellow state deserves. The other states don't hate Israel because they aren't arab, they hate it because the Israelis are asshole neighbors

Palastine doesn't exist. It hasn't existed since it was divided between Israel and the neighbouring countries.

No, they hate it because they're Arab.

Palestine is recognized as a nation by nearly 100 countries, just not by the UN or Western Governments. They have a President.

A nation with no territory?

obviously they contend that the territories they live on should be recognized as theirs

So why don't they pick a fight with the neighbouring countries who also took chunks of Palastine? Not all of it went to Israel.

No, they hate it because they're Arab.
    This right here should devalue everything The Editor has said in the course of the debate.
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire

What? Why wouldn't fellow Arabs stick together?

A low to mid functioning sociopath. Shadow's Avatar

This is a sad, sad debate. They've been fighting each other 3,000+ years, and they'll still be fighting 3,000 years from now. Even if they were cut off from the rest of the world and bombed themselves back to the stone age, they'd keep fighting.
    "I can't explain just how it feels,
    the thoughts of my premature burial.
    Inside this oblong box I lie,
    with the hope I'll be buried alive."

http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/ind
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/tra

Israel is just being completely ridiculous this time. As if they weren't already, yes, but this really reaches a new level. The UN is actually condemning their actions as borderline genocidal(http://english.aljazeera.net/news/am...467988347.html) and Olmert is acting like he controls the US
    JERUSALEM (AFP) – US Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice was left shame-faced after President George W. Bush ordered her to abstain in a key UN vote on the Gaza war, Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert said on Monday.

"She was left shamed. A resolution that she prepared and arranged, and in the end she did not vote in favour," Olmert said in a speech in the southern town of Ashkelon.

The UN Security Council passed a resolution last Thursday calling for an immediate ceasefire in the three-week-old conflict in the Gaza Strip and an Israeli withdrawal from Gaza where hundreds have been killed.

Fourteen of the council's 15 members voted in favour of the resolution, which was later rejected by both Israel and Hamas.

The United States, Israel's main ally, had initially been expected to voted in line with the other 14 but Rice later became the sole abstention.

"In the night between Thursday and Friday, when the secretary of state wanted to lead the vote on a ceasefire at the Security Council, we did not want her to vote in favour," Olmert said.

"I said 'get me President Bush on the phone'. They said he was in the middle of giving a speech in Philadelphia. I said I didn't care. 'I need to talk to him now'. He got off the podium and spoke to me.

"I told him the United States could not vote in favour. It cannot vote in favour of such a resolution. He immediately called the secretary of state and told her not to vote in favour."

Bush has consistently placed the blame for the conflict on Hamas, telling reporters on Monday that while he wanted to see a "sustainable ceasefire" in Gaza, it was up to Hamas to choose to end its rocket fire on Israel.

But a US State Department official, speaking on the condition of anonymity, denied Olmert's claim.

"Mr. Olmert is wrong," the official said.

Even if everything had gone according to plan, "she would have abstained. That was the plan," said the official. "The government of Israel does not make US policy."

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/mi...089728759.html

and now they've bombed a UNITED NATIONS compound

Fun Fact: Obama fully supports Israel and will likely continue to funnel money into their genocidal cause.

So did McCain.

Ron Paul didn't, and neither did Nader.

"Injustice to anyone is injustice to us all." Some MLK for ya there, not that Obama would know anything about that.

Here I am with my empire

Here I am with my empire

Quote Originally Posted by TeenageAngst View Post
    The Zionist conspiracy has varying tiers of madness, from claiming that there's a secret society based on Zionism to claiming that all presidents and the royal family are somehow tied by bloodlines to Israel. I think it breaks down much simpler: Here be weapons, there be a nation at constant war, sell to they for high price. The US is probably involved because the US leaders get a nice kickback from funding the MIC by buying weapons for Israel.
    Guess which one I believe?

I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.

I'm no liberal, free mind, conservative, conspiracy theorist or politically minded guy at all, but I'll put my two cents in. The US backs Israel for semi-religious reasons, for the Jewish vote, and mainly because they've ALWAYS been allies since the WWII. US generally knows that Israel is crazy and some would say bloodthirsty enough to support the US of A in pretty much whatever battle/war/troop movement etc. they decide upon. Besides no one can really argue that the Israelis are exceptionally good at killing....

As for the Palestine/Israel scenario... I think the BEST course Israel could do is conquer part of some other neighboring country. give a slice to Palestine, take the Gaza strip and set up a demilitarized zone between the two of them.

Nice? No of course not, but since Joshua those wacky Hebrews have been a warrior race. Now, Old Testamently speaking if Abraham would have LISTENED to his house god that was rapidly developing into the most powerful Deity around, and NOT slept with his wife's maid, then there wouldn't be a large Arab population that hates them.

I'm rambling again, but I do enjoy it.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

That's not an argument, that's a mental clusterfuck as detached from reality as the average Obama cultist.

Here I am with my empire

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast