Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Israel

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Yesterday our school was visited by an Israeli soldier, who imparted a story upon me that I couldn't help but chuckle at:

One anecdote he imparted to us is that the soldiers were all instructed to never fire on a white flag. if someone was carrying a white flag, the soldiers should invite them to come with them and eat. Some soldiers went out and soon found some people with white flags. Then they arn back to the shelter, beacuse eth people with teh white-falgs were shooting at the soldiers.

Later, sfter calculating the launch point of the a lot of the missiles being fired from Gaza, his squad was requested to enter investigate the school, as it happened to be the point that the launches pointed to. They entered to find that it wasn't a school at all. It was actually an abandoned building with, and I'm serious here, the word "SCHOOL" spray-painted onto the top of teh front entrance. Alla round the building there were room filled with explosives. they got most of them out, but had to leave because of the danger. They retreated to a zoo. Their first thought upon entering was to evacuate the animals, but found that their were explosives attached to every lock on the cages, and opening them would have caused the cages to explode, so they had to leave.

Later they came upon a starving family, and many of the soldiers gave the family their food rations, and they starved for the day. Later on, the soldier I was talking to had to go on sick-leave because he was shot, and saw the family he had given his food rations to one the news. Instead of saying hwo they were being fed, they were saying they were starving.

Oh yeah, and I finally got some numbers. Over teh past 8 years, Gaza has fired around 10,000 missiles into Israel.

what is your point

That obviously there is no genocide. Israeli troops are instructed to not march into cities unless it's of the absolute importance, plus they can't get to most of the missile launchers because Hamas is cleverly putting them on hospitals and "schools".

are you aware that the only people the palestinians have to build schools and hospitals for them is hammas. are you also aware that there is a blockade imposed on palestinian territories, and that israel holds them under seige. are you also aware israel has used white phosphorous as an offensive weapon(war crime). do you also not see a problem with the very idea of a "jewish state"?

If Hammas, is the only governmental party that provides schooling, I think that says something about the state of Gaza. If you elect a party as your running government, and one of its policies is to fire missiles into a bigger country, and you ahve eight years to emmigrate, you probably have what's coming to you.

Besides, the Israelis, as I said before, are only fighting in non-civilian areas, and white phosphorous is controversial because of its effects on civilians. If there are no civilians to hit, I do not see what the problem is. Here's a quote:
    "Additionally, Human Rights Watch has claimed that White phosphorus injuries are suspected in the cases of ten burn victims." What about the 500 people who were hit head-on by missiles fired from gaza? I'm sure those were just innocent bystanders too. At least when the Israelis do it, they aren't actually planning on hitting civilians.

I do not see a problem with a Jewish state. A country founded on a civilization that created a lot of western morality in law is, in my opinion, a much better state then that created on fat, greedy shareholders and "liberty".

Besides, the Israelis, as I said before, are only fighting in non-civilian areas
    AJHGSJAHSLKHJSAJHS:HGLAHDJHFALJFHKFAJHLJD*seizure*

Yes, now having a seizure and laughing and therefor disproving my point fully justifies that a larger country can never march on a smaller country, especially when that country starts firing missiles at the bigger country.

Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar

You are a fucking moron solly, it's like you know nothing about this

Where have you been getting your info, Mario? The Gaza Times? BBC?

I've been getting mine from a man who was ambushed by Gaza soldiers while he was feeding a little boy some tuna.

so apparently solly believes, a news resource by gaza must be biased and unfair due to conflict of interest, but the information given by a member of the israeli military cannot be unfair or biased.

NOT RACIST AT ALL

Besides, the Israelis, as I said before, are only fighting in non-civilian areas
    I do beileve this is enough proof that you have no idea what your talking about

Unfortunately, I can't remember the exact name, but in 2002 there was another battle in Gaza. The Gaza officials reported a civilian loss of 500. When a UN investigator, who was known for his bias against Israel, went in, even he reported there were only 21 civilians dead. So yes, I suppose I am a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario The Black Knight View Post
    I do beileve this is enough proof that you have no idea what your talking about
    I do notice I phrased that wrong. How about "try not to go into civilian areas, but have to sometimes because that's where the missile launchers and the people firing them always retreat." Better?

Yes, I find the source "I don't know the exact name" very reliable

You know, I have more important problems to deal with than this

Ah, found it. It wasn't a battle, just a bombing, and thus doesn't have a name.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

Well, you probably would need to be paid 50,000. Rabbis are supposed to make it very hard to convert, because they want to get rid of anybody who isn't serious.

i dont think solly has ever read a single news article on the subject of the israel/palestine conflict

1)I have
    2)It's pretty biased

considering you once claimed that the mainstream media is sympathetic to the palestinians because they "like the underdog", i dont believe you

So don't, you don't have to.

and white phosphorous is controversial because of its effects on civilians. If there are no civilians to hit, I do not see what the problem is.
    Aside from the fact that it does hit civilians, primarily, because the Gaza Strip is the most densly populated area in the world, the problem is this: it is against international law. Israel uses white phosphorous, engages in collective punishment, attacks civilian targets(read a news article please solly), and holds Gaza under seige, not allowing humanitarian aid. Israel is among the most criminal states in the world.

Aside from that, the Israeli government openly discusses things such as the "demographic problem." Have you ever heard that term, Solly? It basically means, "What are all these Arabs doing in the Arab world? We want less of them so we can have our awesome Jewish state." Jewish settlers are forcibly settling on Arab lands so that Israel can have a stronger claim to them. You should really read a book or something instead of listening to racist propaganda.

solly, here is a fairly simple, accessible, surface-scratching Q&A about the gaza situation, footnoted with references and everything. likely the first piece of information you will have read on the matter:
    http://www.zcommunications.org/znet/viewArticle/20269

So yeah, Obama - seemsless of a genocidal, racist lunatic when it comes to Israel. Encouraging at least. Basically demanding a two-state solution and the end of aggressive Israeli expansionism. Plus the right wing of America are getting pretty outraged by it which is a good sign. Haven't really looked into the matter of Obama's stance so who knows if this is smoke and mirrors stuff but by glancing through news stories it at least seems not quite as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by The Editor View Post
    What? Why wouldn't fellow Arabs stick together?
    "They're only arabs, why wouldn't they be racist?"

You're an idiot, editor.
    Tim is on the right track here, that'd be like blaming the slaves for all the uprisings. Yeah they "started" it, but since when is fighting for your right to live your life not justification enough? Seemed good enough in 1776. Oh yeah, the Brits disagreed back then too. Good to see 233 years haven't stifled your passion for ignoring individual rights and belittling minorities.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast