Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dimensional Crossing

A low to mid functioning sociopath. Shadow's Avatar

Shadow was surprised at the disappearance of the charm, he was tired and had not sensed the illusion charm that the punk had preformed. "Apparently he's had some magical training before" Shadow thought. Deciding he was too tired for a fight anyway, Shadow went inside and went up to his room to sleep and meditate, dumping a few drinks on the punk on the way by. Upstairs, he went to the end of a hall where there is a door with a dare on it. It reads, "enter if you wish, but prepare to meet nightmares and choking darkness". Ignoring it, Shadow entered, for this was his room, and he's the only one that may enter and leave unscathed.
    "I can't explain just how it feels,
    the thoughts of my premature burial.
    Inside this oblong box I lie,
    with the hope I'll be buried alive."

http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/ind
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/tra

In the fields, there to tend and wait for the lost.

Vincent smirked when he saw that the sorcerer had a dumbfound look on his face when Vincent chanted his small spell. Knowing that the boy was tired, and most likely juvenile enough to try and win back some closure pride , Vincent chanted the same spell again but instead of his necklace, he made an illusion of himself, and had it walk towards the sorcerer. Subsequently, the sorcerer spilled some drinks on the Vincent replica without noticing the real Vincent was still at the bar.

Vincent lightly laughed and said to himself, "Now that's either one tired sorcerer or a really bad one if he keeps falling for the same spell. Odd that one is."

Vincent saw the sorcerer walk up stairs to the rooms, and leave the bar. Vincent couldn't help but feel sorry for the waitress girl though---she'd most likely would be the one to clean up the boys temper tantrum.

Rest in peace pap-pap.

OOC: I think I've finally got my character profile dealt with. Also, you can keep calling my character a sorcerer for now because vincent and Shadow don't know each other, but to clarify, Shadow's powers are more like a cross between magic and lucario's aura abilities.

OOC: Well yeah, everyone is going to be addressed as vague titles when curtain characters refer to them when not properly introduced yet. First impressions and what not make characters assume what other characters are.

Rest in peace pap-pap.

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

Ankerid stared at his non-existent drink, wondering what the hell was going on.

OOC: Wow with all the godmodding and gayness this is going downhill fast. We should work on the Pirates resurrection so we can have an rp that isnt homosexual.

IC:

Inez sat with her long legs crossed and watched with a bemused smile on her face as the scene played out in front of her.

"Boys will be boys." She said with a wry grin, looking around before she realized she sat alone. It seemed all her company had decided to go play with other boys. Shaking her head she whispered, "Puppies."

Sliding off the stool she sauntered over to the jukebox, hips undulating in such a way to draw every male eye. Or at least those who did not prefer the company of other men.

She ran her finger along the glass as she made her selections, one foot popping up as she leaned forward. Some of the music was entirely alien to her, and many of the titles were not in any language she recognized. Finally, she chose a few that had interesting titles.

Giggling as the first notes of 'Bad Girlfriend by Theory of a Deadman' rang out she danced her way back to the bar. She had no idea who it was, but the band name intrigued her. Kneeling on the barstool she leaned forward on her elbows as she addressed the bartender, "Hey, cher. You got any more of that bourbon back there?"

A satisfied grin spread across her face as the spirit moved to fill her order.

"No darlin', I need two." The man held up two fingers. "Oui, oui! Deux. Oh, that's perfect." she said as he filled a second cut crystal glass. "Oh go on and leave the bottle sweetie, I may need it."

Winking at the bartender she turned around and sat on the bar, her legs crossed, bopping along with the beat.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

Ankerid couldn't help noticing that the woman he'd seen earlier was alone now. He thought about it for a few seconds, weighing up the opportunity to find out more about where he was against the general lack of drink where he was. Satisfied that he had everything to gain, he got up and walked over to her. "Hi," he said, "I'm Ankerid. Is this seat taken?"

Hmmmm... That is all. Ninja in the Darkness's Avatar

"Amee, sir. And I work here cause a job is pretty much a job." she looked off to the mess in the floor made by the two men.
    Why does stuff like this always happen to me? she thought.
    She looked back at the man sitting in front of her. "Is there anything I can get you? If you want a drink you have to talk to the bartender though. I've never worked those things and really don't intend on using them ever," she half-smiled, "oh, and thanks about my eyes, I guess." she laughed lightly.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

OOC: Tsk tsk, Sean. You cannot control the actions of another character. I will, however, make an exception, because I don't think I'd want to hang around and see what happens.

IC: Lyrt sighed again. At least the man had stopped regurgitating his scotch, eggs, and what appeared to be a seal eyeball. Lyrt shuffled to the side. Nobody wants the company of an assassin. Lyrt placed his head on his hand and propped his elbow on the chair of the couch. At least the hearth was welcoming.

Infinite time, and no way to spend it. Lyrt's eyes picked up as he suddenly heard music come on. It sounded old. What is that? Guitar I believe it was called. What wee the motions to such a song? Lyrt thought back to some old cinemas he had seen, and remembered random people playing guitar, but without guitar. I believe one mentioned what it was called.... Air guitar! Yes, that was it. I wonder if it's fun to do... Lyrt stood up, put his hands in the position,a nd started moving his fingers to the beat. This is exhilarating! Lyrt started bopping his head. This soon turned to shaking, and finally thrashing. Lyrt started hopping around playing his air guitar. This is possibly the most fun I've had in ages!

"Suit yourself sweetie." She said with a smile. "I'm Inez Marie Laveau-Temple, by the way, you can just call me Inez. Everyone does whether they are my friend or not.

"What brings you to these parts?" Inez asked Ankerid, like she had any idea where they were at all. Indicating the masked madman, "Oh would you look at that boy go. He sure is havin' a grand old time."

Hopping off the bar Inez hurried over to the jukebox once more and selected a song she did recognize. "You like guitar music don't you, suger? Oh you are just going to love Guns n Roses! Nobody does it better than Slash. This is my very own theme song, if you do not absolutely adore it I shall be quite put out with you."

Inez pretended to pout, but her smiling eyes gave away the lie. Grinning, she once again took up her place on the bar, her boot clad feet crossed at the ankle on the bar stool.

She was quite pleased her earlier subterfuge had been so successful, her plan to force the masked one to lower his veil had worked perfectly. Now she had a very good mental image of him which she tucked away for later reference.

"So, my dear Ankerid. That is quite a peculiar name, why don't you tell me all about yourself, cher? I am just dying to learn all there is to know about you. Just go on and give Inez every little detail." She said in her must seductive voice, putting just a little magic into her words to maybe pull a little secret or two out. Never hurt to be thorough.

As she waited for the man to talk her eyes wandered again to the death reveler. Smiling sweetly, she indicated her extra drink having heard his earlier rejection.

OOC: That copy of that song sucks ass so if you wanna listen to a version that is better I have that album.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

IC: "Oh, this is much better than the music we play in my time. Our stuff is always so slow and without much beat. I like this. I like this a lot," Lyrt began stomping his feet and jamming out. He wished he could show his majesty this music. Merdanos would just love this music. Maybe they would finally stop playing that terrible Milicent Sparrow at royal balls. Lyrt absolutely hated that song, and dancing to it was like riding a caterpillar, it was either too boring or too hard most of the time.

Finally Lyrt sat down. I have not had a work-out like that in quite a while. We should exercise to music when I live, I'm sure it would make it much less boring. "Speaking of exercising..." Lyrt thought aloud, I wonder if they have some kind of shooting range here, or maybe a Muscabuilder 2000. Surely so, what with all the mercenaries coming through here. Lyrt shrugged and got up. He had never actually explored this desolate rock. Maybe there was something else besides the bar. A sudden spike of curiosity welled up in Lyrt, and he strode on out, his assassin eyes searching for anything besides the tavern.

OOC: Shadow, if one were to walk off the side of the rock, would the laws of gravity hold and they just walk along the bottom, or would they literally walk off?

Ankerid sat down next to Inez. "Well, I was born near London, in a village called Jenton. I studied engineering and later became a mechanic. A few years ago I joined the army for a year, but after that I went back to running my own garage." He smiled apologetically. "I don't know how I got here. I'd just left my house for a quick drink down the road when there was a flash and everything seemed to... Melt, I guess. Pretty soon it was just me, alone, floating in a pale grey room or sphere or something. I was beginning to panic when something hit me in the back of the head and I passed out. And then I woke up in a room upstairs, with my ceiling staring at me." He looked up at the ceiling, which didn't look back. "What about you, Inez? How did you get here?"

Quote Originally Posted by Solly View Post
    OOC: Tsk tsk, Sean. You cannot control the actions of another character. I will, however, make an exception, because I don't think I'd want to hang around and see what happens.
    OOC: The end result would be Lyrt walking away nine times out of ten so I didn't think waiting for you to log in and just post that Lyrt left would be time efficient. Don't worry everyone that's playing the RP; everyone's character will be very well aquatinted with Vincent to some degree or another as the scene progresses. FAO Keke: I hear ya I hear ya, Inez will have her chance to probe Vincent, I know she's dyin' to know more---I'm glad, that means I'm doing my job as a writer!

IC:

Once Vincent heard the waitress tell him her name, everything blurred, he heard nothing in the bar, it was as if he was portal hopping into the black abyss. Everything but him and the waitress girl went dark, nothing was around them. Right there, at that very second, he forgot everything; he forgot where he was---why he was there, he forgot what he was drinking, he forgot what was around his neck...he forgot his journey---the only thing he could remember, was her name---Amee. Everything and anything didn't matter, all was nothing, nothing was everything, everything...was Amee. He couldn't move, he couldn't talk, be was frozen, just because of a name. A tear formed in his eye, it started to fall. Once it left Vincent's eye, it seemed like eternity before it dropped on his hand; but when it did, the realm Vincent somehow tranced into, disappeared and he was back in the bar; the bar where the man that served him drinks was a ghost, the bar where the large breasted woman was giving Vincent advancements while she was being hit on by another men, the place where a ninja like boy, who just recently vomited on the floor, was dancing to rock music...the bar where a bar waitress, that had eyes of heaven, who's name was Amee, had just smiled at him lightly.

What the hell just happened? Vincent thought to himself. I drank hardly anything, and I'm sure it wasn't drugged. That sorcerer boy is upstairs so he can't be the cause of this either. The girl perhaps? Couldn't be, she's just a mere waitress, she couldn't have the magical ability to trance me into that realm---she doesn't even carry any magic charms for goodness sake!

There was a short silence between the two while Vincent was trying to make sense of the situation. To break the the awkward pause in the conversation Vincent began to say, "Sir? Just call me..." then Vincent stopped, because to his astonishment, he noticed that his necklace, was glowing. Not trying to cause a scene, Vincent covered his necklace with his left hand, attempting to mask the light that illuminated from the emblom around his neck---it helped little though, for the bar was quite dim already and the light stuck out like a sore them. He didn't look around but he knew everyone had to be noticing the peculiar illumination bleeding through his hand. So, Vincent sat up out of the bar stool and with his right hand pulled out his chain wallet and placed a generous three hundred dollar tip for, Amee.

Without looking at Amee he turned away starting to walk out of the bar and said to her, "That's for the mess the two boys left you to clean up." Vincent then stopped walking for a moment, he tried to turn around and say another thing to Amee, but he didn't and walked out of the bar while lightly saying to himself,"What..what just happened."

OOC: Ninja in the Darkness write more silly!

Rest in peace pap-pap.

OOC: Since my character is upstairs, I'll leave him there til monday, in the mean time I'll read what everyone else posts so I can get better. Keep in mind this is my first rp. Also, qoorl seems to be getting ready for an appearance, I'm trying to make sense of the character sheet he sent me, I'll probably just send him the form everyone else has adopted. Finally, great question solly, I hadn't thought of that. If you walk/run/jump off the rock you fall into a portal, reappear about twenty feet above the rock, and if your character can't fly/levitate, you land painfully outside the bar.

OOC: Shadow, shut the fuck up, you're not fuckin' waiting till Monday to post; it doesn't take that long to read less than two pages. And Qoorl better get his caveman ass on here.

Rest in peace pap-pap.

I'm sorry, are you telling the guy who made this RP what to do? Just how stupid are you?

Ed.

OOC: Ed don't be retarded, put OOC. Plus I'm PokeMasterSean13, eat it Brit. Less talk, more RP, although we are both tied up waiting for people to post Ed.

Rest in peace pap-pap.

OOC: But I don't have any ideas that aren't fucked up by my not being online on the weekends. Oh well, to hell with physics, time travels differently for everyone at the crossing.

IC:

Shadow returned to his waking state after meditating for roughly an hour. He walked downstairs and sat at the bar, completely unphased by by the warping of time. With as long as he's been coming here, he's gotten used to time traveling differently for everyone. He was about to summon the waitress when he noticed her getting ready to clean up the mess he made, as well the upchuck puddle. Getting her attention, he offered her a deal. "How about letting me clean this up while you get me some herbal tea and waffles?", Shadow asked.

OOC: How was that? Also, I think I may eventually try getting a group to go on a trip to Shadow's destroyed homeland with him.

Anybody who knows anything about me would know that italics are my OoC because I hate having to type OoC and I rather like italics but rarely use them. As an aside that post would've made no sense if it was IC.

Ed.

OOC: That'sa boy Shadow. FYI though, Amee doesn't serve drinks. But in anycase, let everyone in the RP have their characters somewhat aquatinted with each other before we get into the plot strings. Oh, and Ed, shut up and let the RP continue.

Rest in peace pap-pap.

The doors of the tavern pushed open and Cho'kar moved in. Smoldering crimson eyes scanned the room, trying to make sense of it all. He was tall and thin, but wiry, with well corded muscles, his skin, a greyish tone was the first thing that marked him as not human. His face was mostly humanoid but had a slightly more brutish quality, with larger brows and a somewhat diminished nose, his hair was long and dreadlocked. His fingers and toes were also tipped with claws. The Sav'ran wore a loincloth, fashioned from the hide of some sort of reptillian, and a pair of kukhri were holstered into a belt at his waist. A pendant, crafted into the shap of a red and gold feather dangled from his neck and gleamed in the light.

After a moment of study, Cho'kar moved farther into the tavern. His back, now that it was visible was covered in a tatooed web pattern, complete with a stylized spider sitting in the middle. He put one hand on the bar and looked toward the barkeep.

"I would like to make two requests," the orc's voice was deep and resonating, "First, could you tell me where in the name of the Great Beasts am I? And second, give me something alchoholic and stong."
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

OOC: I guess I play the NPC at times like this, huh? Also, thanks to ed and sean's exchange above, I'm making an thread for chat about this rp in the spam.

IC:
    The barkeeper looked up, yet another new dimension jumper, they'd been coming out the wood work lately. "Welcome to the Abyss Tavern, you're at a place called The Dimensional Crossing, where the portals to all realities meet. Two things you should know are that you can now open temporay portals to get here and that time is warped here and moves differently for everyone.", said the bartender as he poured the creature some of the strongest wiskey they had. "This strong enough for you?", he asked.

OOC: Now boys! Play nice before you anger momma and force her to perform some tough love she may later regret.

IC:

She watched the white haired man leave with a little careless shrug, His loss. She thought with a cheeky grin.

Inez glanced at the strange looking man as he entered, he was possibly the largest man she had ever seen. Her eyes didn't linger caressingly as they normally would have on a potential mark. She had a personal rule: If the man looked to big to be taken easily in hand to hand combat, leave him alone and allow him to approach on his own or not at all as he saw fit. So far the rule had worked out perfectly. If they didn't want it, they shouldn't beg for it, after all.

Smiling down at Ankerid from her perch in the bar Inez said, “Cher, that is simply fascinating and I do just love your accent. London you say? That is a fabulous city. I went to a heart stoppin' concert there back in '88. It was a real hoot! How'd I get here? Why would you want to know about little ol' me, cher? Ain't nothing interestin' ever happened to me, not that I can recall at any rate...” She paused to take a sip of her bourbon before passing the other to Ankerid. “You may as well wet your whistle darlin', I have a feeling we may be a while in figurin' out where in the blessed world we are since everyone who might have any clear idea seems to have the attention span of a rodent. They keep wonderin' off!”

Tossing her head back she laughed at her own quip, almost falling backwards off the bar, but she caught herself at the last possible moment. Her hat fell off behind the bar and the silent bartender picked it up and placed it beside her. More peels of delighted laughter rang out through the bar. She must be thinker than she drunks she is! “Nothin' interesting at all, no sir. Except maybe this, last night I went to sleep in my very own bed, cher! My own bed in my own little mansion in New Orleans and then I wake up here, upstairs in the frilliest girly pink room I ever did see. I'd believe it was a dream but, baby boy, this is waaay too crazy to be a dream!”

Pouring a little more bourbon into her glass she laughed again. “Yes, this ain't like no dream I ever did have. Not at all. This seems like a really good occasion to go on a real bender and get cross eye drunk. Wouldn't you say, darlin'?”

Picking up her hat she forgot herself enough to stick her arm into it up to the elbow to fish around for a long, thin cigarette holder and a pack of cigarettes. Inez placed it on the bar with a clatter before delving again with the other arm, peering in with a consternated look on her face, per pink lips forming a pout.

“Why I coulda sworn...” She trailed off when she saw the astonished look she was getting from Ankerid, “It's bottomless, it's just a little charm, nothin' special. Much handier than a purse, sespecially- exspecksha- ESPECIALLY in a gun fight. Wouldn't you agree? But I can't find my lighter. Anybody got a light?”

Inez looked around wide eyed, seeking a light for her cigarette when her eyes locked onto the little waitress girl. “Honey you get over here, you look dead on your feet. Sit down right here beside Miss Inez. Bartender, we need us a cup of blueberry tea. Now you just settle on down and drink this tea, sugar. You look like you're about to pass out. Lotsa sugar in that tea cher, it'll give you a boost! You wanna drop a bourbon in there? It'll be restorin'. You just help yourself, child.

“Does anyone have a light for my poor little cigarette? What's a girl to do?” Inez said, perplexed, the pout returning to her lips.

Ankerid watched Inez out of the corner of his eye. She had great lips. Great looks too. Great everything, in fact. He fumbled around in his pocket, eventually pulling out a battered metal lighter. Odd. He hadn't smoked since the army, so a lighter wasn't something he'd usually have, and yet here it was. "I've got a lighter," he said, placing it on the counter.

Cho'kar looked at the glass of whiskey, swirling it around for a bit before shooting it.

"It is not the best I have ever had, but it will certainly do the trick. You say this place is a... hub for many worlds? Then all of these people here are from other dreams, other lands of tales. This could be very interesting. I suspect very much that the Spinner of Tales had something to do with my leaving my world and arriving here."

The Sav'ran moved to a chair, resting his chin on his fist on his elbow on the table. He began to study the few other patrons, wondering where they had come from and what their own stories were. He'd wait until someone's conversation died down before he tried to introduce himself.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast