Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dimensional Crossing

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

Suddenly a man dressed in what appeared to be a black and red dress burst into the inn. His dark hair brushed against the top of his shoulder, a red bandanna holding it out of his eyes. A bronze pendent that kind of looked like a skull rested on his bare chest, and a katana hung from the red sash tied around his waist. "How did I-" He stared at Cho'kar for a few seconds, then stopped and looked around. "You really do pick the strangest taverns to visit..." He walked over to the bar and sat down. "Whiskey, please, and the stronger the better. I don't want to be conscious when I hear how I got here."

"Well light me up then! Don't be shy, cher, life is far too short." Inez said leaning forward and placing the cigarette holder between her smiling lips.

Still smiling softly, she watched as he flicked the lighter several times unsuccessfully. Sparks flew as Ankerid vigorously struck the ball, grinding metal against flint but without even a hint of fire. Giggling Inez looking around for another source of flame. The cigarette was beginning to be more trouble than it was worth!

Then across the room Inez eyed a man that had before gone beneath her notice. He was too old for her for one thing, he looked as though he may be brushing against 40 and she had no daddy issues of which she was aware. Wings of silver flared back from his temples, interrupting his well trimmed raven waves. She smiled at him and wiggled her fingers in a wave and he arched a perfectly sculpted brow in her direction. Apparently he had noticed her. A small self-satisfied grin spread over her face as she raked her eyes from his head to his foot.

The man wore quite old fashioned clothing, snug black pants hugged his muscular legs, shining black thigh boots covered his calves and snowy white lace spilled from his throat and wrists. He even wore a purple sash! And his coffee with cream skin contrasted perfectly against the pristine whiteness of his shirt, he looked positively swarthy. Why! He looked like a pirate. A girly pirate. If he didn't ooze masculinity she'd think he was fruity. As it was, even ridiculously dressed he was positively a walking streak of sex. Inez couldn't keep the giggle from bubbling from her mouth and cascading over toward him. He looked at least a little ridiculous but still he was easily one of the most attractive men present. Plus he was smoking a cigar so it was clear he must have a lighter or at least matches on his person.

Name: Rahvin
    Original Dimension: Spain, Pirates World
    Original Time: 17th century

Previous Occupation: Mage
    Official Occupation: Mage
    Unofficial Occupation: Gambler, rogue

Appearance:

Rahvin glided silently over to the blond woman, she looked a little cheap but she may prove a distraction. The invitation in her eyes was intriguing, and he had every intention of learning what exactly she found so amusing about his person.

"I heard a damsel in distress call for some fire?" He whispered, smiling his most winning. The hussy tossed her head back and laughed again. What exactly was so amusing about his gallantry, he'd like to know. Rahvin very nearly walked off, affronted... But the look in her eyes kept him rooted by her side.

"Darlin' you have a very charming way about you, I do declare! I am quite distressed, and I suppose I am a damsel."

Extending a hand, he grinned arrogantly as he leaned in near Inez. A tiny flame appeared dancing on the end of his finger, then jumped from fingertip to fingertip rhythmically with the music till it settled on his thumb. "My lady requires fire, and I deliver."

"My hero." She whispered sarcastically as she leaned in to light the end of her cigarette.

Bowing graciously, her giggles washed over him. What was so funny? he thought, until he noticed the bottle by her side. "Ahhh... It all becomes clear in the end. Has my little gatita had one too many? Would you like Rahvin to help you to your room?"

He purred near her ear, but again she laughed uproariously , slapping her thigh.

"My name is Inez, not gat-whatever you said." She managed between fits of giggles. "You might just be the most amusing man I have met in ages. I'm sure I could find my room easily on my own, mon cher, if I had any intention of retiring. But the night is still young!"

Her humour died suddenly, "and I still do not know where the fuck I am!"

"Oh, that is simple, si?" Rahvin said smoothly, before quickly and succinctly explaining her relative location in the universe and what that meant.

Inez listened avidly, incredulous of his every word. "And so it is different for everyone, you see? But only very special individuals ever find their way here. You are fortunate, no? Only the lucky may meddle with time. Why the gods allow us to do it, I'll never know. Your room above is tailor made to suit your inner self."

At the last she snorted a laugh, "My inner self is nothing like my room."

"Oh but, my sweet, it is! For the tavern is never mistaken. It has no personal opinion, it reads you and puts you were you want to be. What is in your room is exactly what you want to be in your room. It is as is. The room is as you want it to be. As you change, so does this place. Furthermore no one may enter without your expressed permission or invitation. It is all quite simple once you have a decent understanding of the mechanics of this place."

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

Ervan quickly downed his fourth shot of whiskey, enjoying the burning sensation. Nothing quite like a little fire to prepare you for anything. He looked around the tavern again. A lot of strangely dressed people, although he knew he wasn't all that conventional either. The only normal looking ones seemed to be Cho'kar and the big guy, and that was saying quite a lot. Still, other than there clothes they all seemed normal enough, and at least one of them looked like she appreciated a good drink as much as he did. And as every pirate knows, the more the merrier... "Ahoy!" he shouted, trying to attract her attention.

Yep, Ervan the alcoholic pirate is back once more, ready to down a bottle of whiskey and set himself on fire at the drop of a hat. To be honest you should all know what he's like by now (if not go check Pirates and find out), so I'll just note a few changes:

1) He no longer has a pistol.
    2) ... That's it.

Ed.

Hmmmm... That is all. Ninja in the Darkness's Avatar

OOC: I can write as much I as can think of Sean!

Amee stared at the tip the unusual man left her. She picked it up slowly and placed it in her pocket.Then turning around, she picked up a mop and mop bucket and walked out to the mess and started to clean it. Adding up all the days events.

Minutes felt like hours, but when she looked up at the clock, only seven-twenty-five.
    How muck longer will I have to work double shifts? I don't even get paid for it.

But then she thought of the genous tip the man had given her. Was cleaning up puke really worth three hundred dollars? She was sitting at the bar now, nothing to keep her entertained. She tried looking over a magizine, but couldn't take her mind off the scene that had happened with that man.
    Why did he freeze after I said my name? And then it looked as if a tear left his eye. What was all that about? This double shift is really making me see things.

Then her stomach growled and she came back to reality. Amee jumped down and walked into the kitchen.

Minutes had passed. She was sitting at the bar again and was looking around at the customers in the bar. Half of them looking overly dunk. She looked back up at the clock.

Only eight!

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

OOC: Aw man, Pirates? Sorry folks, I won't be doing Dart for a while...

IC: Lyrt walked steadily across the rocky terrain surrounding the bar. What a desolate place. Brown and black were the only colors covering the landscape. And beyond that... Lyrt gazed up at the horizon. It was transfixing. The blackness of space was covered in these... vibes of purple and green and crimson and possibly every color ever seen, and each moved at its own pace, blending, splitting, mixing, flashing and dimming. Is this the void? It had to be. Lyrt staggered back. He was seeing something that had puzzled philosophers and physicists alike for millennia, the space beyond space. It looked so... sad. Don't get too transfixed.

Lyrt shook his head and turned his gaze away. What is behind the bar? Lyrt looked at the bar. He could see nothing behind it from the angle he was at. With a deep breath, Lyrt strode towards and behind the bar. There was nothing. Wait, was there? What was that? Lyrt turned his gaze to a small green object on the ground, in the shadow (How can there be a shadow?) of the bar. Lyrt knelt down in front of it. He gasped in surprise. It was a plant. Lyrt's expression became somber. It can't grow without any sun, or whatever makes this light. Lyrt scooped his hands into the surprisingly soft earth around the plant, and picked up the plant.

He carried it to the front, out of the shadow, and planted it. Lyrt stood back and looked down at the little plant. He smiled. There ya go. Suddenly, he heard a rumble. Then another one. Was it just him, or was the plant growing bigger. Yes, it was! In fact, it was growing rather fast. Lyrt stood still and watched the plant grow branches that reached to the sky. I suppose the bartender said time moves differently for everybody. Just as suddenly as the new tree started growing, it stopped, and stood still. Lyrt watched for a minute, then walked up to the tree and felt its bark to make sure it was there. Lyrt walked back and looked up at the towering behemoth. Er, your welcome.

Cho'kar stood up and cleared his throat.

"I am Cho'kar, Beastlord of the Sav'ran of Africa. I do not know how many of you know much about what is going on, but I believe we should discuss this. Certainly there is much to be said about how wonderful it is to be plucked from your home and very existence to be placed in a tavern that may or may not even exist, but I am certain there is more to it than that. We should compare stories and see if there is a common factor with why we are here."

Burning crimson eyes scanned the room before falling back on the bartender, "and another drink if you do not mind."
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Jasin turned to the booming man when he began to speak. "Sir, I believe I have just finished explaining the nature of this place. Were you not listening? Did you have questions? I will endeavor to answer any you may have."

Inclining his head graciously, Jasin took a seat at the bar and proceeded to enjoy his cigar. Rookies were always annoyingly confused, and later foolishly confident in their recently gained knowledge of the place, and time jumping itself. He patiently waited for the after effects of their new found power.

The watchers on the wall dragon_berry's Avatar

Is it okay to posthold now?
    --A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world--

Fallen_wings Global "Warming" Poke_Hunter Eon Spirit Trixie God

Silver_Espeon, Myuu, Shadow and The Editor

A low to mid functioning sociopath. Shadow's Avatar

OOC: Just join in when you're ready.

Seeing that waffles were not in the near future, Shadow went out side to see how a tree managed to sprout out of the middle of the rock. Spotting the male assassin from earlier, he walk over and asked, "How did this get here?"
    "I can't explain just how it feels,
    the thoughts of my premature burial.
    Inside this oblong box I lie,
    with the hope I'll be buried alive."

http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/ind
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/tra

Ankerid got up from his stool, leaving the lighter on the counter. It wasn't likely he would need it again. "Find out anything?" asked the ceiling of his room when he opened the door. "Nothing I could understand," replied Ankerid. "I think I'll go back to sleep for a while." He lay down on the bed and closed his eyes. Maybe he'd find out what was going on tomorrow.

Cho'kar shook his head and turned to Ervan.

"Until I find some definate answers, I believe I will stay here and discuss the stories of the other patrons, perhaps even record them. It will be interesting to collect tales of other lands. And this seems like a good place to house the collection."

The Sav'ran retreated to a corner, digging in his satchel for a leather bound book and a quill. He set them down and began writing.

((ooc: Think I'll leave Cho'kar just sitting around the bar talking to people, maybe reedit some of the adventures and put them in the Fiction section and bring in a newer character.))
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

A low to mid functioning sociopath. Shadow's Avatar

Getting nowhere with lyrt, Shadow forgets about the strange tree and walks into the portal.

OOC: You'll either get an interesting story about a short adventure or a piss assed story about a short adventure depending on how I feel when I come back monday.
    "I can't explain just how it feels,
    the thoughts of my premature burial.
    Inside this oblong box I lie,
    with the hope I'll be buried alive."

http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/ind
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/tra

Ervan's Profile (for those who didn't know), ripped and edited from the original:

Name: Ervan Remoh.
    Original Dimension: Pirates.

Height: 5'10".
    Weight: 131lbs.
    Build: Light.
    Hair: Dark brown, straight, mid-length.
    Eyes: Brown.

Physical Description: Carries katana with hilt on the right in red wooden scabbard attached to back of sash, which in turn is tied around his waist. The bandana is worn folded as a strip across his forehead, tied at the back. Underneath his hanfu he wears a pair of tight cotton shorts. Wraps a cotton strip around his right hand and forearm, leaving the fingers and thumb free. Charred Gloves are blackened white cotton with singed edges, fingerless, and worn over the cotton strip. The Mark of Khorne is a bronze pendant hanging from a bronze chain. He wears it over his hanfu.

Personality: Rash and impulsive, he'll dive into a fight at a moments notice, although he's not adverse to exchanging bullets when necessary. He also likes to focus on the bright side of things and help people out, and he'd do almost anything for a pretty lady. However, he can also be short-tempered and easily distracted.

History: A sparring partner of Kitsa Tangeforte, who's accompanying her on her adventures. Born in Dublin, he lived with his parents and two siblings until he turned fifteen, when he left to explore the wider world. He learned how to wield a sword when he ended up in Japan two years later, which is where he also received his katana. At the same time he was gifted a beautiful grey and red kimono, but this became heavily damaged during another adventure and so was replaced with a hanfu he chanced upon at a market in London, while the kimono has been carefully locked away. He prefers to wear the hanfu when using the katana rather than different clothing. After he returned from Japan he met Kitsa, who challenged him to a duel, which was inconclusive. Since then they have fought many times, and only once has Kitsa beaten him, although he does not accept this as he was distracted at the time. Despite this Kitsa has begun calling him Ervan McNinja in recognition of his skills at evading her. In the last year or so he has been learning how to use a gun with help from Camilla, as well as taking a crash course in first aid after his last adventure. He also discovered that setting himself on fire was an effective means of avoiding restraint during a bar-fight a few weeks ago.

Ed.

OOC: Okay guys, quest time!

IC: Lyrt sat down, leaning on the tree. He sighed and at once heard a deep throbbing. He frowned and cocked his head. Again it sounded. Lyrt put his ear against the tree and listened. That's where it was coming from! Lyrt listened closely as the throbbing became louder and faster. It soon became a deep hum, and then a whistle. It was becoming louder and louder.... Lyrt jumped away, but it was too late. A flash of white light surrounded him.

In the fields, there to tend and wait for the lost.

ooc: Eh, I don't feel a quest yet. But you can if you want, I think it's too early to personally.

Rest in peace pap-pap.

In the fields, there to tend and wait for the lost.

Vincent hurriedly walked as far as he could from the bar until he reached the end of the floating rock. When he did an Orc passed by him and gave him a strange look as his vision was focused on Vincent's necklace. Vincent walked toward the left side of the rock to avoid anyone else because he didn't want to make anymore of a scene than he already did due to his necklace glowing. Vincent was sure that if the saocerer saw it glowing he'd most likely want to take it again and Vincent didn't need to have the agrivation. What puzzled Vincent most though is what happened when, Amee, said her name to him.

I KNOW what it means, I'm not stupid," Vincent thought to himself. He then lightly said to himself out loud again,"I know what it means..." He then gently whispered to himself, "The beloved one will meet you, and then your journey will truly begin and finally end..." Vincent paused and said to himself again,"That's what you told me Merlin, (ooc: the old school wizard from King Arthur) but are you sure?"

All of a sudden, a loud sound could be heard from behind Vincent so he turned around. He saw the Ninja like boy looking at a large and ever growing tree. Vincent's eyes opened and screamed, "YOU FOOL!!!!"

The tree started to light up and Vincent knew there was little time left. Vincent ran as fast as he could and quickly chanted a shield spell to protect the Ninja like man and himself.

The tree exploded, leaving nothing but burnt shards of bark all around. Vincent saw the wreckage and then snarled at the boy and said yelled, "What the hell do you think you're doing! No plants or any sort of vegetation can safely grow on this rock! The plants cell growth gets mutated when the sun hits it o this rock and then grows until it explodes!" Vincent paused to catch his breathe and then started up his rant, a little less harsh though, "This is why new comers need to be taught the rules and understandings of this place before they get themselves, or MYSELF killed. This isn't your world anymore, learn how this one work!"

Vincent started walking back to the bar and motioned to the Ninja boy to fallow, "If you want to understand, come in the bar, I'll enlighten you and everyone else."

ooc: Finally someone will give the 411.

Rest in peace pap-pap.

Unless Keke comes back Ervan is currently in an alcohol induced coma until further notice. If Keke does come back then she is free to exhibit whatever control she wishes upon Ervan, and his unconscious state never happened. A result of this may be my changing of the last post I made concerning him.

Ed.

OOC: Explosion wasn't exactly what I was going for, but whatever.

Just something on the origin of the dimensional crossing, Lyrt's theory:

That at some point someone tried to create a new universe in the void. However, being artificial, the universe never gained size. Because there was no movement of the dimension, there was no real time, thus allowing for travel through time and space, because it basically is a crossroads, although with an infinite number of paths.

IC: Lyrt was about to ask the strange man "What sun!?" when he turned around and beckoned for Lyrt to follow. Lyrt sighed yet again. Damn this miserable rock! You know a place is fucked when trees that grow on it explode. Lyrt put his head in his hand and followed the fellow into the tavern. Oh well, at least we'll finally get the dirt on this place.

Zuberi Mwanajuma
    from Africa Province, Roman Empire, 128 BC

Appearance:
    Generally, looks like Simon Adebisi from Oz:

Big muscular black man, speaks with a thick accent. Never wears a shirt, but at times will wear a tattered vest. Wears fairly generic pants.

Equipment:
    For the most part, prefers hand to hand combat, but in more heated situations, will resort to his trusty whip with a banana-shaped handle.

Background:
    Zuberi is a sailor in the African Province, working on ships, shipping cereals, timber, slaves, and exotic baboons to all ports of the Mediterranean. Like most sailors, he works hard and parties hard, enjoying the company of women of loose morals, alcohol, and gambling. He seems to be going through life care-free, concerned only with the most carnal pleasures in the most short-term periods of time, but, then, why can he sometimes be seen staring nostalgically into nothing to the ship decking in the dead of a starry night .......

One night he falls off of the ship during an intense storm, and somewhere in the water accidentally gets sucked into the portal that puts him into this alternate universe, or some shit like that, I guess.

Inez watched Ankerid go with mild annoyance. What was with the men in this bar? Not a one of them had any sense of common decency to a lady. They were rude, insufferable jerks who walked away mid-conversation without a by-your-leave or any sort of farewell. What was up with them? Honestly!

Being Inez, she really didn't let anything perplex her for long. Smiling around at the patrons of the bar she couldn't help but notice a man in a black and red dress leering at her chest. Snickering she sidled over and nudged him with her elbow, winking.

Then indicating the big gray man she said quietly out of the corner of her mouth to the man in the dress, “Those eyes are two cups of crazy, baby. I don't suppose I have ever seen anything quite like that before and I have been around town if you know what I am saying.”

"Leering at her chest"?

Ed.

"That's one way to describe him, I suppose," replied Ervan, smiling. "But I would say he's not crazy, just passionate." He looked at his now empty bottle of whiskey. "Can I interest you in a drink?"

Cho'kar puzzled over his situation as he continued to write in the leather bound volume. He definately wasn't sure how Ervan got there, or how his friends were. The last thing that he remembered he had gone overboard and wound up in cave. After battling a gigantic blind cave snake he wandered for some time. When he finally emerged into the light, he was here. Apparently he had found one of the hidden doorways to this place. Perhaps Ervan had found another.

The sav'ran looked around. Ervan seemed to be fitting in well. He was already chatting up another human female. Heh, that brought back memories. It had been weeks since he had seen Camilla, and even longer since he received the fateful letter from Maugerite. Women were an unpredictable and necessary evil it seemed at times. Still they weren't all bad.

He considered his own position. He was cut off for the time being from communing with the other Great Beasts. The 'gift' of the Phoenix was still working at least, for he could feel the emotions of the others in the bar if he concentrated. Certainly the Spinner of Tales could contact him if it so desired. In fact, Cho'kar was almost certain that the whole thing was the doings of that mysterious spider god.

His attention turned to some of the other patrons.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

"You should go back downstairs, sweetie."
    Ankerid opened his eyes. "Why?"
    "You're missing out. Everyone else is down there."
    "So?"
    The ceiling flushed. "Well! If you're going to be like that then you might as well stay up here. All you'd do is kill the mood."
    "That's what I thought. Good night."
    The ceiling sniffed and closed her eyes.

“They are still wild, cher.” Inez said, watching Cho'kar out of the corner of her eye. He was the strangest thing she'd ever clamped eyes on. Quiet too. This sure didn't seem like his sort of place at all.

Frowning slightly she looked around to see where the little waitress chippy had disappeared to. Inez wasn't used to getting the brush off from anyone, those who didn't fear her abilities at least respected her enough to show some common courtesy. But here no one knew what she was capable of, and so she would forgive their ignorance. No reason to spoil the party.

The cross-dresser beside her was holding up an empty bottle as he said, "Can I interest you in a drink?"

“It looks like your bottle has gone dry, darlin'. So can I interest you in a little something?” she said, sloshing some of the fiery amber liquid into his shot glass. “I do warn you though, it goes down much smoother if you take it slow 'n easy instead of shooting it like you have been. You are just asking for a hangover in the morning, trust me.”

Crossing her legs, Inez rested her elbow on her knee and took a slow drag off her cigarette then blew a smoke ring at Rahvin. Smiling lazily he blew one back in the shape of an 'A' then blew a circle to surround that. It always amused him to watch drunk women go gaga over a little smoke and magic. A finely woven string of air to shape the smoke and he could form any figure he wanted.

“Anarchy? Oh, that is impressive, mon cher. Tell me, can you blow anything else or are you just a one trick pony?” Inez asked a hint of sarcasm touching her words, and a wry smile twisting her mouth.

Casually tossing what was left of his cigar into the fireplace Rahvin's grin turned feral as he leaned in nearer to Inez to whispered, “I think I might be able to 'impress' you further with what I can do with my mouth. Would you like to retire to my room? I have a very nice bottle of scotch you may find palatable, 1781 was a good year.”

Clapping her hands at his audacity, Inez laughed “You do move fast, darlin'. We only just met! Wouldn't you rather get to know each other better? A little small talk can go a long way...”

“Maybe some other time.” Rahvin grinned, bowing gallantly. Then he wandered over to join the poker game in the back corner. “Deal me in boys, there's nothing worse than a yappy wench, unless it's a yappy dog.”

Inez's laughter followed him across the room, and even after he was seated she smiled knowingly at his broad back. Turning to the dress wearing man she said, “He is amusing, isn't he? This place might prove a distraction yet. By the way, I don't think I caught your name?”

"My name is Ervan," he replied, "and I more than know what I'm doing when it comes to drinking." With that he downed the bourbon in one shot. "Hmm... A little sweet for me, I think. Have you ever tried scotch whisky?" he asked, frowning. "Can we get some scotch over here?" he shouted, and was immediately rewarded with a bottle of single malt. "That's the stuff. Seen me through many a rough night, it has." He poured them both a glass.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast