Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dimensional Crossing

OOC: *grumble* Fine.

Name: Twyla Capulet
    Height: 5 1/2 feet
    Weight: 92
    Hair: Pink-ish
    Eyes: Blue-ish purple
    Misc: Immortal; Has a scar in the shape of a heart.

Original Dimension: Earth, Estonia.

Physical Description:

Personality: Mysterious and unknown. And lately, stays in the shadows and goes unnoticed by most. When spoken to, sometimes she seems distant, as if focusing on something else.
    "The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
    But in ourselves, that we are underlings."
    ~

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

If you don't want to play you don't have to, dk.

Ed.

Ankerid glared up at the ceiling. Try as he might he couldn't get to sleep. Sighing, he got up out of bed. "I'm going back downstairs," he said, pulling on his shirt.
    "That's the spirit," replied the ceiling.

Entering the bar again, Ankerid looked around, spotting Inez at the bar. He smiled to himself, then noticed the woman next to her. That shouldn't get in the way, he thought. He walked over and sat down next to Inez. "Hello again," he said, smiling.

OOC: Oh Ed I'm just kidding.
    ~

Oh, right ^-^'

Better justify this post a little

Ed.

Ervan leaned forward and frowned at the newcomer. "And you are?"
    Ankerid jumped. She was a man! And a rather angry looking one at that. He tried to clam down a little. "I'm, uh, Ankerid. Who are you?"
    Ervan smiled. "I'm Ervan. It's nice to meet you, Ankerid. What, may I ask, has got you so jumpy?"
    Ankerid blushed slightly. "Well, uh, I thought... Um..."
    "You thought I was a girl?"
    Ankerid stared for a second. "Uh, yeah... Sorry..."
    "Don't worry about it!" laughed Ervan. "Plenty of people have thought that, and I haven't murdered a single one for it. Tell me, where do you come from?"
    "Oh, um, I'm from London."
    "London?" said Ervan, looking thoughtful. "It's true that I haven't been there in a while, but I doubt the clothes have changed that much since..."
    "What about you?" asked Ankerid. "Where are you from?"
    "Oh, I'm from Ireland, although you wouldn't know it to look at me. I went travelling and picked up a few tricks. For example..." He picked up a spoon, then swung it. The end flared brightly, flames trailing behind it, then stopped. "These gloves set things on fire. Not so handy when punching people, but still pretty cool."
    Ankerid stared. "Wow..." he murmured.
    "Heh... Where I go, most people are used to that kind of thing. Tell me, have you ever tried whisky?"
    "Oh, uh, no," answered Ankerid. "I usually drink beer."
    "Never tried whisky? You're missing out. Here, have a taste. Perhaps Inez will be kind enough to join us," he added, pouring all three of them a glass and looking at her expectantly.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

OOC: Okay guys, let's have some social interaction, because everybody keeps grumbling about me. I'm sure you'll all be captivated by the state of the future.

IC: Lyrt sat down at the bar, "Bartender, I'll have a shot of vodka and a pint of whiskey, something tells me this is going to be a night of headaches." Lyrt turned around and lifted his eyebrow at the man who said he would talk. Maybe he was preparing a speech or something, like Senator Doutal, who always just stood there fro five minutes before going on-stage and giving a lecture.

Lyrt decided to listen in on the conversation going on beside him, obviously two very jealous suitors. He chuckled. His smile changed from amusement to reluctance as they started becoming friends. Oh well, you can't always have dinner and a show. Speaking of dinner... "Bartender, do you ahve anything to eat here?"

The bartender shook his head, "No, sorry lad, nothing you would want here. Unless you want roasted Glay Beast or fried Trig." Lyrt shook his head,a s he did not know what either were. Now what can I do? That man looks like he'll take a while to speak. Lyrt gazed over at his neighbors. Might as well make conversation. Lyrt sidled over. "And from what era might you Earthlings be from?"

"The era where people don't interrupt," replied Ervan.

I may change this. Then again I may not.

Ed.

OOC: *Sigh*

Well he was incredibly rude.

Ed.

IC: Lyrt was taken aback. "I am sorry about my manners. They tend to differ depending on the century. Did you know in 2250 it was the norm to jump and say 'WHOOP' upon meeting a new person? Much worse than interrupting, I would say."

OOC:I think I made a good save there.

It's been an hour.
    ~

No, it's been 34 minutes.

Sorry, crappy monitor. I thought it said '7:38'
    ~

Ah. When are you going to post?

I thought we couldn't post yet.
    ~

Just do what Sarah Palin does and be a maverick.

Inez looked from Ervan to Ankerid to the masked boy and back again. Eying Ervan she said with a grin, “Woah there partner, hold your horses. No need to be so assumptive and plain old rude. There's no cause to be so snappy, darlin'.”

Then to the ninja, “I don't think I caught your name, baby. But I reckon that's because you didn't throw it...” She winked to take the sting out of her words. “I'm from 1994, it's a fine time for drugs, sex and Rock n Roll. I think you'd like it, if you like guitar music as much as you seemed to earlier. Late 80s were très bon, as well mon cher.”

Grabbing one of the shot glasses she threw her head back and tossed it down. “Whoo buddy, that has some kick to it, doesn't it?”

Leaning over the bar on tip toe Inez snatched a shot glass from under the counter then took the bottle from Ervan with a grin. Filling the glass she passed it to Lyrt, “Bottoms up, oui? Joindre le parti!”

The drunker Inez became the more pronounced was her French accent, making some words nearly unintelligible.

“Le toit est un feu! We don't need no water, let the mother fucker burn! The roof, the roof!” She sang loudly and poorly, dissolving in a fit of giggles at the end. “I always loved that song cher, is fantastique, oui?”

Leaning in close to Ankerid with wide innocent eyes she whispered loudly enough to be heard ten feet off, “Don't tell anyone, cher, but I am very, very, tres drunk. Hic.”

“I wonder is that song on the jukebox?” She said to no one. Standing Inez began to make her way to the brightly lit jukebox, but stumbled halfway there, then turning giggled with a hand covering her mouth at her new found friends at the bar. Putting a finger to her lips she winked at Ankerid and said, “Shhh! Is our secret, oui?”

“Oh oui! Here it is.” Inez exclaimed as she entered the numbers for the song. But alas she entered them incorrectly and “Walk like an Egyptian” began to pour out into the noisy barroom instead of the song she had intended to play. To no one in particular she said, “Oh well, is still a very nice song. Yes? You agree?”

Then she laughingly walked like an Egyptian all the way back to the bar.

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

IC: Lyrt watched the drunk woman with a reluctant look on his face. She talked too much. He hoped it was just the vodka. Anybody who talked that much every day could probably give him a migraine and a half. When she sat down again, Lyrt gave her a polite smile and replied, "That probably explains our strange dialect. I myself happen to be from 2290." Lyrt took another sip from his whiskey and felt the tingling in his stomach as the liquid hit it. His eyesight became more hazy, and he took another sip. Oh boy, this stuff is as strong as vodka. I wonder hoe strong the vodka is...

Lyrt picked up his own shot and poured the clear drink down his throat. His esophagus felt like it was on fire, and as it his his belly he giggled drunkenly. Extra-dimensional drinks. Whooo. Lyrt gulped down his whiskey and giggled again. Oh-no, it appears I have become tres drunk. Lyrt chuckled at his own thoughts and gazed at the strange woman again, then at his new pals sitting next to him, "I suspect I will not remember what you say to me tomorrow morning friends, but tell me more about Earth of the past."

OOC: Solly, your character is intensely unlikable.

IC:

Inez eyed the ninja boy, something about him just gave her the willies. He gave off an aura of bad juju she could feel across the room. Just plain bad. Like he was smilin' on the outside but thinkin' evil about her on the inside.

OOC: Is this just taste of my own medicine or is this serious?

Ah well, no sense in being antisocial. With the sheer amount of weirdness, Ervan might get overwhelmed, start a fight and set himself on fire again. That was too annoying to even contemplate. And so the Sav'ran closed his book, put it away and moved to join the others.

"Well, it would seem that we are beginning to communicate. Perhaps some sense can be made of what's going... nevermind, you are all intoxicated. I suppose there is nothing to be done. Barkeep, I do not suppose you have Tamarka here?"

The barkeep looked at the shelf behind him, rubbed his chin for a moment and then ducked behind the counter for a moment, before returning with a large bottle filled with a strange purple liquid.

"As a matter of fact, I do"

There was a wicked glint in the sav'ran's eye and he grinned for the first time, displaying dangerously pointed teeth.

"Well, then as they say, 'Let us get this party started.'
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

OOC: Dead srs solly.

IC:

Staring at the wide shoulders of Rahvin, Inez frowned slightly. The man looked awfully familiar. She wracked her poor, drunken brain trying to remember from where she knew him, chewing her bottom lip.

Silently she walked over to where he sat playing poker with a few other men and ran her hand over his back caressingly. Her hip humped his shoulder as she watched the hand of cards play out. She knew she knew him. She was positive. Oh why had she taken that last shot? Why?

I'll never drink again! thought Inez.

“You are good luck, mi amor.” He said, grinning as he raked the coins toward him from the center of the table.

There was something about the way he smiled around the unlit cigar clenched in his teeth, or maybe it was the light glinting off his raven hair but suddenly she realized who he must be. Inez's eyes widened incredulously as she whispered in a small, stunned voice, “I watched you die, I felt you die.”

“Clearly you have mistaken me for someone you once knew, senorita.” Rahvin said smoothly. Rising, he half bowed to each member of the game. “I think I will retire before you boys clean me out.”

“I've know a lot of people over the last 150 years cher, but I never forget a face.” Inez said obstinately.

Gripping her arm roughly he half lead, half drug her to the foot of the stairway, “There is an unmentioned rule here, gatita. If you recognize someone from one of their past exploits you do not mention it in public. Perhaps if the gods will it we will speak of our past together soon, but perhaps not. Perhaps one of us will meet a tragic end because they do not know when to keep their mouth shut? You see? It is wise to think before you speak. I remember a time when you were more discreet.” He whispered menacingly before abruptly releasing her and stomping up the stairs.

“I remember a time when you weren't such a basket of rat cunts!” she shouted after him, her sentence was punctuated by the slamming of his door.

Inez walked slowly back to the bar, rubbing the red ring on her upper arm left by Rahvin's hand. She would have to put a little Heal-All ointment on that when she got upstairs or it'd leave a hand shaped bruise come morning.

“Bastard.” She muttered, reaching for the bottle, already forgetting her recent vow to never touch the stuff again. She made that sort of promise to herself at least once a week, and usually broke it within days.

“Men. You can't live with them and you just can't shoot them. Well, sometimes you can. But it has to be justifiable homicide, y'know?” Inez said to no one in particular, then she snatched her revolver out of it's holster in the blink of an eye, spun it around her finger before replacing it in it's resting place. Grabbing it once more she rapidly fired several rounds into the approximate place in the ceiling she assumed Rahvin's room might be. All conjecture of course, but it made her feel better.

“Hey!” Shouted the bartender. “No discharging fire arms indoors.”

“Whoops.” Inez said, shrugging sheepishly. “I think my hand just got away from me, my apologies, me pardonner.”

“If you have a temper to work off there are some rats in the basement that need to be removed.” Said the bartender.

“What do you take me for, cher? An exterminator?” Inez smiled.

“A what?” He replied.

“An extermi- Oh never mind. Rats. In your basement. And you want me to kill them?” She asked shaking her head slightly, a bemused grin on her face.

“Yep. There's a reward too. Last guy went down there ain't come back yet, so if you find him alive bring him out, and I'll give you a little extra. He's been down there two weeks.” The bartender said.

“Two weeks? What kinda rats you have, sweetie?” Inez laughed.

The bartender shrugged. “You in?”

“I suppose so. Nothing better to do.” Inez said, shrugging back.

“Well, here's the key. I suggest you take some help though, like I said last guy who went down there alone hasn't returned.” He slid a large brass key across the bar, and she took it slipping it down the front of her shirt.

“Who wants to kill some little ol' rats with Miss Inez?” She asked the room.

Twyla sighed. It was going to be one of those days again. She watched as the woman stubled around drunk. Tearing her eyes away from the mess, she looked for Amee.

Her attention was drawn back when a man joined the group of insanity. Twyla sighed again and slipped out of the shadows in which she stayed mostly. The woman had asked if anyone wanted to kill rats with her.

"Might as well." Twyla said, walking up to the woman.
    ~

A low to mid functioning sociopath. Shadow's Avatar

OOC: Well, lucky for you all, I'm feeling pretty good right now (despite a crappy night's sleep last night), so I'm gonna try and make Shadow's little adventure sound interesting.

IC:

The air shimmered as Shadow appeared to step out of nothingness by a river at the base of Mt. Coronet. "Sinnoh,", Shadow thought, "a nice place to visit and relax during the summer". As Shadow was lying in the grass contemplating recent events at the tavern and wondering what the jump in newcomers could mean, he heard noise through the trees. Normally he would have just forgotten it, but this was different, it wasn't just something taking a stroll, something was being chased. As he stood up to look for the cause of all the noise, a riolu barreled through the bushes, followed by a trio of mightyena. Because of it's injuries, riolu couldn't swim, and was now trapped between it's pursuers and the riverbank. As the mightyena pounced at riolu, Shadow created shield of energy around riolu. Dazed and sore from the collision with the dark energy, the mightyena ran off. Shadow walked over to the riolu, now unconcious from it's injuries, to inspect it. "Damn, you're a tough one.", Shadow thought as he looked the riolu over. After doing some basic healing so riolu would survive the trip, Shadow began walking to the nearest pokemon center, which was roughly an hour away.

At the pokemon center, Nurse Joy told Shadow that riolu's injuries were not that extensive and that all he would need is rest. After waiting a week to keep an eye on riolu, Shadow was told that riolu was ready to leave. The only problem was that riolu didn't want to. No matter how many times Shadow tried to leave it, the riolu followed him. Finally, tired of trying to get riolu to leave, Shadow gave in. "If you want to come with me you can Riolu, but you don't know what you're getting into.", he said as he took riolu by the hand and opened a portal back to the crossing.

Back at the Crossing, Shadow took Riolu inside, and ignoring all the people at the bar, he took Riolu upstairs to rest.

OOC: Well that was a lot. I'll bring Shadow and Riolu downstairs again in a little bit or whenever it's active again.
    "I can't explain just how it feels,
    the thoughts of my premature burial.
    Inside this oblong box I lie,
    with the hope I'll be buried alive."

http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/ind
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/tra

Cho'kar raised a brow. Just as he had popped the top on the bottle of Tamarka, the human girl with the French accent asked for volunteers to hunt rats, and a strange darktoned boy walked hand in hand with a puppy monster up the stairs.

The Sav'ran sighed and recapped the bottle. He placed it on the countertop and turned to the crowd.

"I am going to join the rat hunt. If anyone touches this bottle or it's contents before I return, I will craft a fertility totem from whatever genitalia they posess," his voice boomed out before turning his attention to Inez, "Lead the way madam."

(ooc not my best post but gotta go with what's going on)
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast