Thread: I've made a realization

Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar

Default I've made a realization

The reason why PS3 isn't making Xbox 360 suck it's cock the way PS2 did with Xbox in the 6th generation. The wrong sales tactics. Whoever is handling their sales right now is a moron. They are doing exactly the opposite of what they did with PS2, and letting the Xbox do what the PS2 did in the previous generation.

In the PS2 era, they used the combined force of coming off the strengh of the PS1 along with securing the big exclusive classic games of the time, and keeping reverse compatibility with the previous generation so people felt like it was a worthwhile investment for the high price of $300. This was also back before we had a completely shitty economy, so $300 wasn't as bad as say $499 now.

Now they are trying to sell the PS3 for that much in a terrible economy without securing the key 3rd party console exclusives. In addition, they are taking reverse compatibility off of the new PS3's, which I'm guessing is a tactic to make people continue buying PS2's as well as making people buy PS3 games, which are more expensive on the Blu-ray medium and they could get for much cheaper on one of the two competing systems because they haven't secured those games like Devil May Cry 4 and Final Fantasy XIII of all games, one of their flagship series', for exclusive release. They're also seeming to be starting to cut down the new PS2 games, like they are trying to force people to convert to PS3 instead of keeping strong sales for both

If they were to try to do what they did with the PS2 era with the PS3, they would mushroom stamp even the Wii most likely, they have the superior technology, they have the legacy of the PS2 behind them, they have the capability, They even have the FREE online service, the one Xbox forces it's members to pay like $50 a year for or something, all they need to do is the right kind of marketing. What they need to do is start a campaign that goes back to the old days.

On October 26th this year, the annaversery of the release of PS2, they need to have a competitive price drop down to $300, the price of the PS2 when it was released, and start some form of marketing Campaign that somehow recalls nostalgia around the PS2's release, that would include the announcement of the return of reverse compatibility on the new PS3 for PS2 games, and release some box package that would include some PS2 and some PS3 game or something like that, like the release of Metal gears 1, 2, 3, and 4 together, and at the same time they would release some MAJOR release, completely exclusive to the PS3, like a new Grand Theft Auto IV version or something, I dunno, and it would start trying to take all the major releases after that, like taking back the old stuff, like make sure Final Fantasy XIV and Kingdom Hearts III are exclusives, and continue selling for both PS2 and PS3 so all markets can be covered. They should also make more use of the Playstation Network, and advertise the free aspect over Xbox live's expensive membership. And all of this would be just in time for the christmas season so they can finally club Xbox 360 to death with PS3'S giant Blu-ray-high-def cock, the way it should be and keep it that way for the rest of the 7th generation and beyond

If only people were that smart...

1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

I heard a rumor that that might be a price drop in the near future due to the economy.

However, I know for a fact that backwards compatibility sometimes makes or breaks a system. The Gamecube was not backwards compatible to the N64 for obvious reasons, but they tried to fix this by put some games on GC disks (Only Zelda was popular though). The Wii is actually better than the GC because you get the Wii games, plus, with Wiipoints, you can download classic games like Star Fox 64 and Pokemon Snap and play them. Awesomness for a price.
    But the GC was a low point for Nintendo... So perhaps the same crash was bound to happen to Sony as well. Come 10 years, everyone will love their PS4 (Should they be prompted to make a new system. I can't say how much more advanced the hardware can get...)

But yeah, if the PS3 would keep their exclusive games exclusive (Looking at you FFXIII) instead of trying to make profit, then there would be more sales automatically. I can just see it now... Kingdom Hearts 3 for the 360... That can't happen Sony. It can't! Kingdom Heart made me buy a PS2 in the first place!

Exactly, losing the exclusives is the reason Xbox didn't stand a chance against PS2 in the last generation, and why PS2 sold over 5 times the amount of units than Xbox did. And Gamecube wasn't a huge loss, it kinda set the groundwork for the Wii's success, because it actually allowed them to make friends with certain 3rd party companies which set up things like having sonic come to Gamecube and Wii and such. So that little bump in the road set up their Major success right now.

It's not PS3 making a profit from making games cross platform though, it's those 3rd party companies, Sony is losing from the deal, that's the point. They're still used to people throwing those exclusives at them from the PS2 era. They need to get into conquest mode, and start taking those exclusive games and make their system more a more reasonable price that people will buy. That would tip the scales their way here in america if they did that. In Japan the PS3 dominates over the Xbox, and it's a close battle in europe, they just need to tailor their marketing plan here in America and then they could close that small 8% gap between PS3 and Xbox quickly. I already see that soon PSP is gonna take off. It's not gonna ever catch up to DS, but it'll at least get a little closer.

That's the thing that drives me nuts about this whole thing. The Playstation has by far the dominant technology to lead everyone else, easily, Between the Blu-ray and the UMD, they could easily take over the game market. They have technology that's lightyears ahead of the competition, they just don't utilize that fact well enough. I mean the PS3 has aspects of both the Wii and the Xbox 360, it's controller also has the motion sensing capabilities, and it has good online service, they just need to get that out and take advantage of it, they could easily win over people from both of the competitors.

In the end they just need to try a little more, try to actually make the sale, not just depend on word of mouth. Advertise the product and show off it's dominant capabilities. They also need to stop changing it all the time and hope that will sell the product because so far that hasn't helped, like right now if they had not discontinued the 20 or 40 GB PS3's, they would probably be down to an affordable price, and they would also have Reverse compatibility, which the new ones don't, which is exactly one of the key reasons why the PS2 sold so well. And as far as the technology becoming more advanced, people said that about the PS2 when it came out, and the Dreamcast, and so on throughout history, so one never truely knows. I think once PS3 starts moving then we won't have to worry about making a PS4 for a long time

And if they put Kingdom Hearts III on 360, I will be forced to murder lots of people, in a Mickey Mouse costume, and I would blow up Bill Gates with a dildo made of C4

I mean PS3 is keeping Verses XIII, So they have some dignity at least with their Square products. So hopefully they'll keep Kingdom Hearts as well, it would be a crime to give something like that away

And if the unthinkable happens, at least I'll have Birth By Sleep

Registered Users Regular

I agree. I don't think there would be a III though.

I love how that's all you got out of all the things I said

I think there will be, based on fan demand, and the way the last one ended.

Registered Users Regular

If the fan-base was that strong we would have been had at least one final mix cause fan base is all over dat shit.

That ending was perfect the way it was too me plus the secret ending was just a image for birth by sleep.

My response was so short cause you already explained everything I thought the ps3 was doing wrong the only thing I disagreed on was the fact Kingdom Hearts III won't be made. I can have a length like post I just don't chose too and I'm lazy.

The fanbase, myself included, would go insane if they finally came out with a Final Mix here, if they did it would sell so fucking well. I think it's just Japan's way of being a dick to us, just because they can

The ending gave me the impression that there was still a lot of story to be told, with Sora, Riku, and Kairi recieving that letter from Mickey, not to mention the fact that they are coming out with all these handheld derivitives to add on some form of groundwork for a third I think. I just think the idea of utilizing the PS3 hardware for the Kingdom Hearts style of gameplay is just too good to pass up, one could only imagine what amazing things they could do

Ahh, indeed

Registered Users Regular

Agree

Damn forgot about the note.

Are people intimidated by my threads like this or something?

In the fields, there to tend and wait for the lost.

No, they just don't wanna read it.

Wii is the future, the market shows that. It's only a matter of time when FF games go back to Nintendo again.

Rest in peace pap-pap.

There IS a final mix Kingdom Hearts out and it has been out for a couple years.

However, only Japan has it. It's been confirmed that there will be no English release.

Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix is the remixed Japanese re-release of Kingdom Hearts II, featuring the additions made to the English version of KHII (including English dialog, new scenes not in the original version and other enhancements) as well as much more. New bosses and playable sequences add to the Final Mix (based on the KH manga as well as one scene expanded from the original video-only battle), and a retuned difficulty make the game more complex.
    Sounds awesome, but alas...

Awwwwwwww :niggasad:

Japanese bastards ruining my life

It looks awesome too, if you've seen like the Additional Drive form, Limit form, which is basically Sora's old school attacks, including Dodge Roll which I miss very much, and the battle with Terra and such, it's just plain incredible.

And Wii is only selling as well as it is because it sells to a general demographic, not because it's the future. PS3 controllers have similar Motion sensor controls built in, they just don't make scores and scores of assinine minigames out of it. Wii's problem is the fact that they have not too many real good games. Most of it is garbage targeted at morons, little kids, and old people, They are basically Wii's answer to First person shooters, as it is the same dumb simple repetitive action over and over, just without the blood and gore. Unlike Xbox, at least Wii has a few really good games, like Super Mario Galaxy, and it has the reverse compatibility with Gamecube, and the whole Wii Points thing, but it just focuses too much on the stupid Wiimote idea too much. PS3 seems to handle the motion concept properly, making it an alternative method instead of what you have to do in every single game.

I actually can't wait for Deadly Creatures and MadWorld to come out.

Deadly Creatures looks cool because you can play as a Tarantula or Scorpion in a battle to the death; while MadWorld just looks really unique and it's probably the most violent Wii game to ever come out.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

I got Wii Music, and it's actually pretty fun. With my siblings we made over 30 mixes. I just wish there were more songs to play.

Well, I saw deadly creatures at gamestop the other day, thinking it looked...strange, although I didn't read anything, the case just looked odd and I wasn't sure exactly what it was about

As for Madworld, I don't know anything about it, so I can't form an opinion of it yet

The only other good game I can think of for Wii at the moment would probably be MarioKart, athough I don't know if it looks as good as DoubleDash

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

I'd want to get the conduit, just to see what it would be like.

I think Mario Kart Wii is all very dependent on the control type you choose, so if you really want to be satisfied with it I'd try all different types until you get one you like.

Registered Users Regular

Madworld looks like it's a insane killin' type of game.

If I knew more I could form an opinion, but I'm not a fan of mindless killing games

Registered Users Regular

I'm not either just saying.

Eh. I'd go for any Wii game that doesn't have the word Wii in it's title (Mario Kart Wii is exception). I'm tired of minigames or games that try to be fun when they aren't.

Though I am partically sad that while Resident Evil 4 was on the Gamecube, RE5 will not be on the Wii.

Registered Users Regular

It'll probably make it there eventually, just like 4 made it to Wii eventually

In the fields, there to tend and wait for the lost.

No More Heros
    SSB
    Tales of Symphony
    House of Dead 3/4
    Pokemon Titles

ect.

It sucks my dick pretty nicely, the Wii. It's cheaper too.

Rest in peace pap-pap.