Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woo, new African military dictatorship!

Default Woo, new African military dictatorship!

The government of Madagascar has been dissolved and the military now holds power. Awesome!

Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar

Ha ha ha ha ha ha, AWESOME

I heard some dictator was going to be arrested in africa somewhere the other day for war crimes or something, is this the same thing or different?

different. that's omar al-bashir in sudan

Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar

Ahh, rightt

Damn, the mothaland goin crazy

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

Sounds cool.

To all the girls that wanna join my tribe, just move to my rhythm and feel my vibe Echolalia's Avatar

Meh. Madagascar isn't really politically important anyway
    Quote Originally Posted by Octazooka View Post
    globs of wet snow raining on me

Registered Users Regular

Africa don't play dat.

tim if you were president how would you deal with this issue?

well as a sweeping generalization about all problems in africa i would stop exploiting the continent in a neo-colonial capitalist western money orgy, fund left-wing political parties, and then generally let the people of africa rebuild their own countries from years of being destroyed by the US and europe

Wait...how is a military dictatorship a good thing in Africa?
    When the government is robbed, the worst that happens is that certain rogues and loafers have less money to play with than they had before. - H. L. Mencken

Because THIS was the previous ruler...

I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.

oh
    When the government is robbed, the worst that happens is that certain rogues and loafers have less money to play with than they had before. - H. L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by Echolalia View Post
    Meh. Madagascar isn't really politically important anyway
    said like a true spoiled, western, upper-middle class white male, nocturne

To all the girls that wanna join my tribe, just move to my rhythm and feel my vibe Echolalia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    said like a true spoiled, western, upper-middle class white male, nocturne
    on a global scale it's not. I'm not commenting on its previous potential before the exploitation and annexation of much of Africa, but rather the current state that it's been relegated to, which is largely unimportant

well what exactly do you mean by unimportant. i think the people living in madagascar think madagascar is important. "madagascar wont effect my upper middle class suburban neighborhood so i dont care"/"madagascar is not one of the larger african exporters so any changes in its trade won't effect my ability to buy plundered african goods and resources at cheap prices so i dont care"

It's not that I don't care as much as I don't care as much as I would if somewhere with global relevance underwent a massive political upheaval. Sure, locals think madagascar is important and I hope everything turns out swell for them, and it sucks that they're being pressed into a military dictatorship, but it does not affect me directly.

Lots of stuff doesn't affect us directly but that doesn't mean we shouldn't care.

I never said I didn't care. I said I don't care as much as if, say, Japan was taken over by a military dictatorship

From BBC NEWS...

Up to 1,000 Gambian villagers have been abducted by "witch doctors" to secret detention centres and forced to drink potions, a human rights group says.

Amnesty International said some forced to drink the concoctions developed kidney problems, and two had died.

Officials in the police, army and the president's personal protection guard had accompanied the "witch doctors" in the bizarre roundup, said witnesses.

Gambia's government was unavailable to comment on the claims.

The human rights group asserted that many of those abducted were elderly.

The London-based rights group said the witch hunters, said to be from neighbouring Guinea, were invited into Gambia after the death of the president's aunt earlier this year was blamed on witchcraft.

Kate Allen, Amnesty's UK director, said hundreds of Gambians have fled to neighbouring Senegal for safety after seeing their villages attacked.

"The Gambian government has to put a stop to this campaign, investigate these attacks immediately and bring those responsible to justice," she said.

Amnesty spoke to villagers who said they had been held for up to five days and forced to drink unknown substances, which they said caused them to hallucinate and behave erratically.

Many said they were then forced to confess to being witches. In some cases, they were also allegedly severely beaten, almost to the point of death.

Eyewitnesses and victims told Amnesty the "witch doctors" were from neighbouring Guinea.

As well as police, army and national intelligence agents, they were also reportedly joined by "green boys" - personal protection guards of Gambian President Yahya Jammeh.

Amnesty said the incidents took place in the Foni Kansala district, near to the president's hometown in Kanilai.

In the most recent incident, said to have taken place on 9 March, hundreds of people from Sintet village were allegedly rounded up.

One eyewitness told the rights group: "The paramilitary police armed with guns and shovels surrounded our village and threatened the villagers that anyone who tries to escape will be buried six feet under."

Three hundred men and women were allegedly randomly identified and forced at gunpoint into waiting buses, which ferried them to Kanilai.

Once there, they were stripped and forced to drink dirty herbal water and were bathed with herbs, the eyewitness said.

Many of those who drank the concoctions developed instant diarrhoea and vomiting, the eyewitness added.

I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.

Know what's ridiculous? As drunk as I am... the funniest damn part of that report, horrible as it may be, is the Presidente po Vive, or as long as his warriors hold's name is basically Yeah Yeah. Yeah Sure I've had a bit to drink, but the sad part is... I'm probably not the only person who found that particuarlly funny.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

is good for you

Quote Originally Posted by God View Post
    well as a sweeping generalization about all problems in africa i would stop exploiting the continent in a neo-colonial capitalist western money orgy, fund left-wing political parties, and then generally let the people of africa rebuild their own countries from years of being destroyed by the US and europe
    I don't remember God being this insufferable

you dont remember me being an outspoken communist

of course he does, you converted him to communism

is good for you

There is a big difference between a communist and a "Europe has caused all of the world's suffering" liberal

european imperialism is a big reason why africa is so shitty. then again i've also literally said on here "western culture is superior to all other cultures."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast