Thread: Hey, look over there

To all the girls that wanna join my tribe, just move to my rhythm and feel my vibe Echolalia's Avatar

Default Hey, look over there

It's Nocturne. And he feels like making an incredibly basic RP. So gather round kids and listen up.

This is going to be incredibly simple. Here's what's gonna go down: you pick a name, age, (10-13) gender, and a basic personality for your character. Appearance and history are optional, but not necessary. I will assign you a starter Pokemon based on the information you have provided me.

As you progress, you will capture Pokemon, fight other trainers, challenge Gyms, enter contests, pillage the countryside with your dragon, all that good stuff we know and love. I will dictate most of this to you. If you'd like, you can challenge other RPers to a battle, which I will preside over. All gym leaders and wild Pokemon will be controlled by me, or someone I appoint. So, let's get going and sign up.

Also, for your Pokemon: they know all moves that they possibly could by way of leveling up from the beginning.
    Quote Originally Posted by Octazooka View Post
    globs of wet snow raining on me

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Ok

To all the girls that wanna join my tribe, just move to my rhythm and feel my vibe Echolalia's Avatar

Okay to what? Okay to look over here, okay to I'm making an RP, or okay to you'll sign up?

Crappy 5 minute profile:

Name: Dyllan Killigan

Personality: Dyllan is very open minded. He is good at examination and analyzation, although his reaction to such observations is not always fast or necessarily wise. Dyllan also has this habit of saying obvious things, something he is aware of but does not necessarily care about.

Ight, choose between Venonat, Taillow, and Buizel for your starter.

Definitely Venonat.

K sweet. So let's start. Your designated color will be DarkSlateGray. Remember that and always post in this color. It's the one in the top right corner of the colors drop down box.

You're chilling in Pallet Town, having recently woke up after the epic rave you attended last night. You're in your room, and it's the morning in which you're scheduled to begin your journey. What do you do?

Er, am I writing in IC or what?

Yes, Solly, yes you are. Loosely IC, but IC nonetheless.

My apologies, it's just that you started off with what sounded like an adventure text game.

IC: Dyllan yawned. What a horrible morning to wake up upon. He was about as well as a Butterfree was grounded. And his head throbbed like a Snoralx's breathing. It was not as good a wake up as the day before. Then again, today he gets his first Pokemon.

Dyllan shot up. My first Pokemon! Dyllan had been awaiting this day for a long time. What would it be like? Dyllan had very much enjoyed watching others have fun with their Pokemon. He wondered what it would be like to have his own.

Adrenaline shooting through his veins, he got out of bed and got dressed. He ran downstairs, snarfed down his breakfast before his mother could say a word, and was off to Prof. Oak's lab.

Arriving at Oak's lab, Dyllan founded the titular Professor absolutely baked. Apparently he had attended last night's rave as well. Using the few words he could muster, Oak somehow managed to direct Dyllan towards the range of Pokemon he had prepared for any new trainers today. Dyllan entered the area quickly, darting through the automatic doors as soon as it was physically possibly. There, he studied his options intently...

Dyllan lifted an eyebrow intently. Of course he had to choose. How could he have forgotten? He wished he had had time to think this over. He didn't even know which was which, and he had a suspicion that the now asleep Professor had no intention of saying anything else to him.

Dyllan sighed. I guess I'll just have to choose blindly. Dyllan reached out his hand... extended his index finger... and recited eenie meenie minie moe. "And you are it." Dyllan picked up the Pokeball he had chosen and walked out.

What a depressing start to a Pokemon journey.

Name: Murtagh

Personality: Murtagh loves a good brawl. He beats up bullies that pick on the weak, not because he's particuarly gentle hearted, but because bullies make good punching bags. He hopes to someday own a Championship Fighting Pokemon.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

IC: Dyllan, whether he could anticipate it or not, had set off the chain of events that would be his Pokemon journey when he chose his starter Pokemon, Venonat. Soon, he would depart, but before then, he would have time to tie up any loose ends that he chose to.

OoC: Okay Qoorl, your choices are Tyrogue, Makuhita, and Aron, and this will be your color, Dark Red

First thing's first! Dyllan took out his Pokeball and threw it. Nothing happened. Dyllan frowned. Oh, that's right. Dyllan picked up the Pokeball, pushed the button, and then threw it. There was a flash of blue light, and suddenly a Venonat appeared before Dyllan.

Dyllan caught the Pokeball with a satisfied smile and then gazed upon his starter Pokemon. A Venonat, eh? Dyllan walked up to the Venonat and looked it over. The Venonat gazed back. "You should do fine."

The Venonat smiled. "'Nat, 'nat."

"Now what you need is a nickname," Dyllan stood in a thoughtful position for a while. He finally came out, "Okay, Veno it is. C'mon Veno, let's go say one last goodbye to my family."

(family good-byes are up to you. Just lemme know when you're ready to ditch town)

Well I'm not gonna ditch town without any fellow RPers.

The up and coming underdog

I know I'm late for the signing up, but I'll join.

Name: Craig Connor

Personality: Craig is an active person who makes friends easily. He is sometimes shy when meeting new people but, still makes them his friends. He is usually very funny and mostly the center of attention but, unlike most never lets it get to his head.
    People may read and write but, the writers of the world make all the good stories. The only question is if anyone here is a writer?

Pairs: Leafeon_2008

I wanna join! Is it too late?
    I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. What God desires is here [points to head] and here [points to heart] and what you decide to do every day, you will be a good man - or not.