Thread: WHERE IS THE CITY OF RAYNES

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

Default WHERE IS THE CITY OF RAYNES

Where is the city of Raynes? Is it Smogon? Was Rayne part of the competitive battling community and here to dwarf our efforts at evolving our Pokémon knowledge? Is it Serebii - was Rayne part of the rule-obeying denizens and here to teach us the vulnerability of not having rules? Is it SomethingAwful - is Rayne part of the 'humorous forum' community and here to show us that our humour can be halted be trolls, and we thus need to take measures? Or is it Cracked - was Rayne here to somehow indicate to us that we didn't have enough mindless discussion involving Photoshop threads, and relay a subliminal message that we should have one (hence mine).

Where is the city of Raynes? Is it Ulan Batur? Has the Mongolian intelligence realized that Mario The Black Knight is amassing Genghis Khan's ridiculous killing spree, and thus was Rayne here to make a feeble attempt at destroying him? Is it London? Is Rayne part of the U.K government and realized that Eve, Hicky and The Editor is too much of a cynical faction to represent the citizenship of U.K., and thus is sent to test their patience and infuriate them so they do look like angry, testosterone-fueled British citizens? Or is it Kingston - has the Kingston National Security (if they are not all just pathetic weedheads) realized that we have more drugs than they could ever hope for, in the inventory of LuigiTheLight, and is he thus out to retrieve them?

Where is the city of Raynes? Is it in the sky - was he part of the Gods club sent to personally troll forums which were doing to well and would dominate the skies when they died out? Is he in the ground - is he part of an overevolved group of moles assigned as a mercenary with a mission - when PD is surrounded by sea and lost in an abyss, was Rayne here to secure that it would fall quicker and be the first to be in the ground, and then it could become a community of Cthulhu?

Or is the city of Raynes a metaphor for the mere reflection of society - is the city of Raynes merely a concept of what society is degraded into, and was Rayne made by the Lord himself to express this concept of society to the more logical, free-thinking minds of PD? The forum has suffered hard and has fought well, but Rayne will nevertheless appear again, and force us to reconsider all preconceptions we have about civilization.

I do things like get in a taxi and say, "The library, and step on it.” Lord's Avatar

Whatever he is, I want you all to know that if he does appear again, I will go to whatever lengths it takes to get rid of him or expose him for what he is truly representing. For I will do anything to stop trolls spreading terror around innocent boards that grace the internet.

I just want to know the origin of Rayne. It disgusts me to think of a place where several Raynes are posting, playing, and eating together, but I can't help but think about it.

Pokemon Champion Mario The Black Knight's Avatar

I think faggot town just sent another agent to thwart the plans of PD to become good again

Justice prevailed though

Well you gotta admit, faggot or not, he DID instigate alot of posting. Well... flaming.
    I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. What God desires is here [points to head] and here [points to heart] and what you decide to do every day, you will be a good man - or not.

Shitty posting.

I'd rather have nothing before shitty posting

True, it was pretty bad, but even in the hayday of PD, I'm sure there was quite a bit of terrible posting?
    If there is more activity, even if it's from terrible posters, it'll draw better posters when they see that there are some core members who don't suck.
    I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. What God desires is here [points to head] and here [points to heart] and what you decide to do every day, you will be a good man - or not.

Not really

Bad posters make good leave

Quote Originally Posted by Hicky View Post
    Where is the city of Raynes? Is it Smogon? Was Rayne part of the competitive battling community and here to dwarf our efforts at evolving our Pokémon knowledge? Is it Serebii - was Rayne part of the rule-obeying denizens and here to teach us the vulnerability of not having rules? Is it SomethingAwful - is Rayne part of the 'humorous forum' community and here to show us that our humour can be halted be trolls, and we thus need to take measures? Or is it Cracked - was Rayne here to somehow indicate to us that we didn't have enough mindless discussion involving Photoshop threads, and relay a subliminal message that we should have one (hence mine).

Where is the city of Raynes? Is it Ulan Batur? Has the Mongolian intelligence realized that Mario The Black Knight is amassing Genghis Khan's ridiculous killing spree, and thus was Rayne here to make a feeble attempt at destroying him? Is it London? Is Rayne part of the U.K government and realized that Eve, Hicky and The Editor is too much of a cynical faction to represent the citizenship of U.K., and thus is sent to test their patience and infuriate them so they do look like angry, testosterone-fueled British citizens? Or is it Kingston - has the Kingston National Security (if they are not all just pathetic weedheads) realized that we have more drugs than they could ever hope for, in the inventory of LuigiTheLight, and is he thus out to retrieve them?

Where is the city of Raynes? Is it in the sky - was he part of the Gods club sent to personally troll forums which were doing to well and would dominate the skies when they died out? Is he in the ground - is he part of an overevolved group of moles assigned as a mercenary with a mission - when PD is surrounded by sea and lost in an abyss, was Rayne here to secure that it would fall quicker and be the first to be in the ground, and then it could become a community of Cthulhu?

Or is the city of Raynes a metaphor for the mere reflection of society - is the city of Raynes merely a concept of what society is degraded into, and was Rayne made by the Lord himself to express this concept of society to the more logical, free-thinking minds of PD? The forum has suffered hard and has fought well, but Rayne will nevertheless appear again, and force us to reconsider all preconceptions we have about civilization.
    Rayne is like this 11 year old black boy that lives down the road from me and who listens to too much main stream rap. He's like a poodle pretending to be a St.Bernard. Annoying and small, but trying to be significant.
    I have a solution though:
    Luigi must give Rayne some of the marijuana that he has hidden away.

Did nobody even notice how poetic my first post was?

I did, that's how my English teacher sometimes writes.
    If only the thread wasn't about Rayne... It could have won an award.

stays MANLY on the plain The Rayne's Avatar

[Original title goes here] ninja's Avatar

Cool story, bro.
    :yes:

Ugh... Ninja, you have gotten seriously obnoxious. At first I just assumed you were a backgroun poster, not worth the ire of an entire community. Frankly though, I'm finding that your suck factor presents a greater threat to the well being of PD than Rayne could have ever hoped for.... make decent posts now, not gay ones.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Just pretend he doesn't exist, and make fun of him for doing flagpoles

hrmm, after careful consideration, I concur.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

I just want to know the origin of Rayne.
    Well, y'see, when the ocean gets reeeeeaaallly hot the water evaporates and turns into clouds. And then when it goes over land, it condenses and then Rayne falls down.

I think our Rayne happens to be acid Rayne, though.

That was as bad as the quote my sister gave me the other day:

'A man once said that a black man would be president when pigs fly; here we are 100 days into the presidency and look: Swine flu.'