Thread: Pokemon of the week: Weavile

Default Pokemon of the week: Weavile

In the hopes of attracting a little more activity to the Pokemon part of the forum, I've decided to start doing Pokemon of the week.
    This just entitles discussing a certain Pokemon randomly picked.

Today: Weavile

Weavile is the evolution of Sneasle, and is an Ice/Dark type pokemon.

Pokedex:
    Diamond Pokedex:
    They live in cold regions, forming groups of four or five that hunt prey with impressive coordination.
    Pearl Pokedex:
    It sends signals to others by carving odd patterns in frost- covered trees and ice.

I've never used Weavile myself, though because of its high speed and attack I was considering it for a physical sweeper for the team I'm working on.
    Last edited by NidoKING; 04-28-2009 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Hicky made me do it...
    I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. What God desires is here [points to head] and here [points to heart] and what you decide to do every day, you will be a good man - or not.

A low to mid functioning sociopath. Shadow's Avatar

I'm actually planning to use it to beat the league in platinum, along with crobat, infernape, and rotom.
    "I can't explain just how it feels,
    the thoughts of my premature burial.
    Inside this oblong box I lie,
    with the hope I'll be buried alive."

http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/ind
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/tra

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

Pokemon of the day is incredibly optimistic, Pokemon of the week is more realistic and won't clog the boards. Where Weavile is concerned, he is the best user of Pursuit and also the 5th horniest Pokemon

[Original title goes here] ninja's Avatar

I assume Lickitung and Ash's Muck are on that list.
    :yes:

You're right, I'll edit this for Pokemon of the week, I didn't think of that.
    I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. What God desires is here [points to head] and here [points to heart] and what you decide to do every day, you will be a good man - or not.

5th Horniest? What are the first 4?

Beginning Trainer pirateprincess's Avatar

Aw this thread is a good idea! How are you going to choose which pokemon gets to be 'of the week'?
    Weasel is cool, hes got an ancient egyptian vibe going on!
    I'm trying to work out why I've never had one... are they not available in Sapphire?

Well for Sneasle I just went to Marriland's Pokedex and scrolled down. My pointer landed on Weavile, so... Pokemon of the week
    They are only in Ruby I think, or not even that, I know you can get it, but you have to do it by trading as far as I know.

oh rubbish , looks like ill have to do without one for now...
    sneasel isnt even in my sapphirre poxedex how strange im sure ive seen one :s

Perhaps you've seen it in an older game? I *believe* that it's been around since GSC.

A low to mid functioning sociopath. Shadow's Avatar

Yeah, sneasel was in g/s/c. It's evolution is new to d/p/p though
    "I can't explain just how it feels,
    the thoughts of my premature burial.
    Inside this oblong box I lie,
    with the hope I'll be buried alive."

http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/ind
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/tra

Oh I didn't realize that.

Weavile has a really good movepool; that plus its great speed/attack could put it as a very deadly physical sweeper.

Hey Hicky, what do you think about adding Weavile to my team? Oh wait, that still leaves me with that stupid Heracross opening...

Still, take a look at this:

Weavile @ Razor Claw (ups crit)
    Adamant
    EVs in Speed and Attack (same for IVs)

-Night Slash
    -Brick Break
    -Ice Punch
    -Poison Jab/Swords Dance

Quote Originally Posted by NidoKING View Post
    Perhaps you've seen it in an older game? I *believe* that it's been around since GSC.
    I discovered I do infact have a sneasel in Leafgreen
    so now I can get the pokemon of the week! haha what level does sneasel evolve?/do u have to use a stone?

Apparently you have to wait until you get Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, it doesn't evolve in the older versions. :/
    When you do get those, you have to make it hold Razor Claw and level it up at night though

Oh and thanks (I'm assuming) Hicky for changing the title for me.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NidoKING View Post
    Oh and thanks (I'm assuming) Hicky for changing the title for me.
    Nah. That was me.

Oh, thanks Pichubro!

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Weavile, in my opinion, is pretty good.

I don't have DP but I love Weavile. It's like the Pokemon equivalent of Wolverine.

I live. I love. I kill. I catch Pokemons. I am content.

Have either of you used Weavile to beat the Elite 4 or anything? I think I might try that this summer if I get Platinum or something.

would it be better to have ice shad with it since weavile it a known and effective dragon killer