Thread: Pokemon of the Week (May 4th-10th)

smile Pokemon of the Week (May 4th-10th)

This weeks Pokemon of the Week is...

Snorlax!

Pokedex Entries:
    Diamond Pokedex:
    Its stomach can digest any kind of food, even if it happens to be moldy or rotten.

Pearl Pokedex:
    It stops eating only to sleep. It doesn't feel full unless it eats nearly 900 pounds a day.

Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald Pokedex: SNORLAX's typical day consists of nothing more than eating and sleeping. It is such a docile POKéMON that there are children who use its expansive belly as a place to play.

Fire Red Pokedex(not sure why this one is different ): It is not satisfied unless it eats over 880 pounds of food every day. When it is done eating, it goes promptly to sleep.

Leaf Green/Red/Blue Pokedex: Very lazy. Just eats and sleeps. As its rotund bulk builds, it becomes steadily more slothful.

Yellow Pokedex: Will eat anything, even if the food happens to be a little moldy. It never gets an upset stomach.

Gold Pokedex: What sounds like its cry may actually be its snores or the rumblings of its hungry belly.

Silver Pokedex: Its stomach's digestive juices can dissolve any kind of poison. It can even eat things off the ground.

Crystal Pokedex: This Pokémon's stomach is so strong, even eating moldy or rotten food will not affect it.

Snorlax is definitly one of my favorite Pokemon, does the two things that make the day worth it: eating and sleeping.

Picture of his card from... yeah I don't know, I googled it.

So, have you all used Snorlax? Decided to kill him in Yellow because he was uncatchable? Please tell!
    I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. What God desires is here [points to head] and here [points to heart] and what you decide to do every day, you will be a good man - or not.

A low to mid functioning sociopath. Shadow's Avatar

I can't remember the last time I used snorlax on a team, but I do remember that I always made sure I caught him, both of them actually.
    "I can't explain just how it feels,
    the thoughts of my premature burial.
    Inside this oblong box I lie,
    with the hope I'll be buried alive."

http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/ind
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/tra

Why catch both of them if you aren't using either of them?
    I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. What God desires is here [points to head] and here [points to heart] and what you decide to do every day, you will be a good man - or not.

You suck carrots xp xxeliza321xx's Avatar

Eww
    I dont like Snorlax
    It ate all my fruit

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Snorlax are awesome, though when I was a kid it didn't level up fast enough (my logic was high levels = most powerful) so I usually dropped it. Now I use it more often.

Yeah, that was prettu much my thinking as well. Plus, I don't know why, but I always liked to raise my Pokemon from really low levels, so I caught them as low as possible. I almost never used anything that I caught at a high level... probably the only kid to never put a legendary on his team.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Yeah, hard to catch, but Snorlax was pretty fun to train.

If I ever get Platinum, Snorlax is definitly on my list for my main team.

A low to mid functioning sociopath. Shadow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NidoKING View Post
    Why catch both of them if you aren't using either of them?
    To have them if I needed them.
    "I can't explain just how it feels,
    the thoughts of my premature burial.
    Inside this oblong box I lie,
    with the hope I'll be buried alive."

http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/ind
    http://rogue-babylon.myminicity.com/tra

Beginning Trainer pirateprincess's Avatar

ahh snorlax is amazing! Definately vintage! I loved him in the tv programmes back in the day :s
    Annoyed me alot the first time I came across him in a game though!

I actually just made a team on Shoddy Battle with him, and he's pretty good

I use him as a sleep talker people ussally have a hard time killing it (and he is not even ev trained or with a good nature)