Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guardians Of Ashur

Default Guardians Of Ashur

GUARDIANS OF ASHUR (scaled down version, but still vast)

General Story & Main Locations

Legend tells that when the world was created, a large crystal of immense power crashed into Ashur, buried deep underground. When the continental shifts occurred, it was pushed up and came to rest on top of a mountain. There it rested, undisturbed, for 5000 years, until a man found it. When he touched it, his hearts true desire was fulfilled, and the world united under one kingdom. That man, and his descendants, would rule over the land. One day, one of his descendants was assassinated. The assassin then sought the crystal, which had been sealed inside a great fortress. Very quickly, the assassin found the crystal, and went to touch it. Because his heart was impure, the crystal shattered into ten pieces and flew away. The kingdom also shattered, and ten of the eleven major cities began ruling all villages and hamlets in there area. The eleventh city fell into ruin, and was abandoned. The assassin spent the rest of his life trying to find the shards, unsuccessfully.

A long time has passed, and very little is still known about the shards or the crystal. The only place that has any written text from that age is the original great fortress the original crystal was housed in

World Map

Major Cities

City: Karrod
    about: Major Market City. Has the most varied selection of anything anyone could need. Also the closest city to Droku, and the most centered city in Ashur, other than Droku.

City: Luciv
    about: Luciv is kind of a large city. It is not the oldest, but it is still quite populated and famous. At the base of the Lucivian Mountains, it usually uses the Sogarsh Ocean for transportation and trading.

City: Ralik
    about: Ralik is a kind of strict town. It has very binding laws. All of its inhabitants are pretty much afraid of anything. It only accepts packages from other places as long as the packages have been quadruple checked.

City: Drasia
    about: At the very North of Ashur, and on top of a mountain range, Drasia's inhabitants are always dressed for cold weather. They have a very white skin, and live in houses made of ice, called Igloos.

City: Moriad
    about: The very opposite of Drasia, Moriad is a place of heat and sweat. It lies in a valley and its inhabitants have a very tan to dark tinge of skin. Moriad is a place of vacation for the rich inhabitants of Ashur. It is quite peaceful.

City: Caglar
    about: Caglar is a land of mystery, not many Ashurites know what goes on there. it is almost unreachable. Behind a mountain range on one side and with dangerously high sandbars along much of its coast on the other, there is only one road in. It doesn't even have a port for ships. Rumors say that Caglar is actually home to a species that is not human.

City: Duath
    about: Duath lies on a peninsula jutting from Ashur's main continent, Rashtentha. It is home to pirates, theives, and various other scum. Unless you are an outlaw, it is suggested you don't enter, because there are no laws there.

City: Kran
    about: Kran was made in hope to populate the continent it lies on. It is said that one day, Kran will replace Moriad as the main vacation spot because of its tropical jungles and moderate heat. The one thing that is stopping Kran from becoming overrun by humans is that fact that it is covered in volcanoes.

City: Frath
    about: Frath is also known as the city of war. It has a huge army and navy, and all its inhabitants are barbarians that love bloodbaths. The city is almost nothing but taverns and bars.

City: Ramner
    about: This laid back, watermill town can hardly be considered a city. It is pretty much populated by farmers and people who want to get away from it all. It is said that, under Ramner, lies a vast network of caverns that once housed a great civilization, though no one has ever found an entrance.

City: Droku
    about: Former Central City of the Kingdom of Ashur, now split. Those going here will run into zombies. The only palace not hidden is the Great Palace located here. Access to the Great Palace only occurs on a New Moon, or when ALL 10 shards are collected, and brought here at once. Written on the walls of the Great Palace is the location of the other palaces, though it is said to be very well guarded.

RACE INFO

All humanoid b/w additional features (i.e. - Catlike ears, Foxlike tail, etc.)

CLASSES

Non-Magic:
    Fighter (Mainly uses Swords)
    Ranger (Mainly uses Bow & Arrow)
    Thief (Self-explanitory)
    Magic:
    White Mage (Healing/Defensive only)
    Black Mage (Non-Healing/Attack only)
    Red Mage (Healing/Non-Healing, but can't use higher level magic)

MONEY INFO

GP (Gold Pieces)

Everyone starts with 50 GP

Weapons/Armor start kinda expensive
    Gear is kinda cheap
    Food is fairly cheap
    Lodging varies
    Transportation can get expensive fast

************************************************** ****************************

SIGNUP FORM
    note - Appearance is to either be a description, an image (kept within 800X600 size), or a combo of both
    note - Hometown is to be one of the 10/11 major cities, or a very small town/hamlet near one of the cities (note which territory it's in; no town/hamlet is part of 11th city)
    note - 11th city is Droku; no one can be from Droku
    note - History can be made up as you RP
    note - Personality can also be made up on the go (just try to keep it within a standard range)

Use the following form...

Name:
    Starting Class:
    Appearance:

Optional___
    ___History:
    ___Personality:

Rules for this RP... since I can't find official RP rules

Semi-Literate to Literate RPers ONLY

No God-Moding. This includes being invincible, all powerful, etc.

Do not RP sex, drugs, or other adult themes.

Minimize use of profanity. (Foul/Bad language)

Do not kill off another person's character. (Another form of God-moding)

Do not put down another person's character.

Use IC: for In Character and OoC: or OOC: for Out of Charater (Don't be in a hurry to post. It get's sloppy when you are)

I (as RP creator) have the right to tell anyone they cannot participate, if they are not following the rules/plot.

USE THIS GUIDE TOO
    Last edited by Vash the Stampede; 05-27-2009 at 11:52 PM.

Your Not Crazy! Your Just Stupid!

My signup post...

Name: Vash
    Hometown: Vicul (in region controlled by City of Luciv)
    Starting Class: Black Mage
    Appearance:

Optional___
    ___History: (Will work on as RPing)
    ___Personality: Basically pure evil, except VERY good at acting, well, good.

The watchers on the wall dragon_berry's Avatar

Name: Archrain Abbysaltic (Arc)
    Hometown: Ramner
    Starting Class: White Mage but he was able to do some archery
    Appearance:

History: Arc is the youngest child of the Abbysaltic family who spent most of his interest to defensive magic. Arc was currently traveling along with his brother Lance (21, Black Mage) and met a White Mage named Wistar on their journey.

Personality: (Work on as RPing)
    Last edited by dragon_berry; 06-07-2009 at 05:45 AM.
    --A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world--

Fallen_wings Global "Warming" Poke_Hunter Eon Spirit Trixie God

Silver_Espeon, Myuu, Shadow and The Editor

I updated the description of White/Black Mages... White is more defensive and Black more Attack...
    If your magic focus is defensive, you'd be more a white mage than black mage
    I do like the archery angle for your Mage... Kinda a Mage Ranger... but definatly classed as a Mage...
    The RP will start as soon as some more people sign up.
    Also, I will make the first official post (signups will never end, I just have to verify b4 you can start)
    Until I make the first post, OoC/OOC is not necessary.
    After, IT IS (please)

Edit my starting class
    I didn't post on PD much lately. No sprite shop/RP = No post for me
    --A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world--

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

Hmmm... I like how you made the regions the name of the cities backwards. Consider this a post hold.

Actually, that's the name of the town I'm from. It's in the region with the city Luciv.

What happened to druids and paladins, by the by?

this is a simplified version

Quote Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede View Post
    GUARDIANS OF ASHUR (scaled down version, but still vast)
    Last edited by Vash the Stampede; 05-28-2009 at 04:12 PM. Reason: added quoted text from first post

Adding in some more classes isn't complicating it, though.

I was just trying to keep it down to the basics

Haha, alright, I'll see what I can do.

EDITED my homeland

Solly - can you create your profile by next wednesday?
    and I need one more dedicated skilled rper to join by then too... then I'll start it...
    but it won't start b4. I'm going out of town mon and won't be back til wednesday.

/reminder bump...

solly: please make a character

someone else (who is serious about this): please also join and make a character

Since you leave the thread, people stopped posting. That's how it works =)

I haven't taken my eyes offa this thing...

Sorry Vash. I've been kinda busy lately. I'll get to work on history and stuff in a bit.

Name: Ryo Magdo
    Hometown: Drasia
    Starting Class: Thief
    Appearance:
    History: Ryo was born to a small family in Drasia on the eve of the new year, as he was told by his family. In his youngest years he was swifter than the other children, quickly outrunning them. He was able to handle even the most complex actions that most other children couldn't. Unlike other children, however, he was incredibly sensitive to the cold in early years, and it wasn't until he was 10 that he could travel anywhere for extended periods of time in the winter, after many exercises developed by his father, who seemed strangely devoted to making Ryo used to the cold rather than just thinking he'd grow out of it.

By 11 Ryo started to be puzzled by his name. He noticed all the other Drasian children had only animals fro names and that they had one name, not a second. He asked his father about it, who explained that Ryo was simply a special child born on the new year, and thus had a special name. He also had no siblings, he was the only child (haha) without any brothers or sisters. By 13 Ryo started to find more subtle differences between him and the other youths. His chin was more defined, and he was not as well built. His face was of a much more foreign design, and his hair was a chestnut in comparison to the Drasian's pure black hair. Again Ryo asked this from his father. He simply reached forward, held Ryo's head for a moment, and simply said, "There is more to your past than you know."

After this Ryo was incredibly disturbed, and spent hours at a time just pondering his past, trying to find any memories. He searched until he found the taste of blood in his mouth at an early age, and a disturbing image of a gaunt man wearing an eye-patch. Ryo could make nothing of these memories, and thus was continually puzzled about his life and his true origins. His father never told him more, even before Ryo's manhood ritual, at 15. Ryo found himself in the uncomfortable position of surviving on a glacier for 10 days. After the first three he already had to stumble back home. However, he never remembers getting home. He simply awoke in Luciv one day.

history and personality are optional or as you go

just need one more...

then i start it

*cricket cricket*

/bump

if i don't get one more by sunday night, i'm starting it anyway...

I have no idea how to do this whole RP thing, but I'll try to sign up by Sunday if my summer vacation has started.
    I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. What God desires is here [points to head] and here [points to heart] and what you decide to do every day, you will be a good man - or not.

Name: Balk (Balek Freeroven)

Hometown: Ramner

Starting Class: Conjurer/Alienist (Black Mage)

Appearance: Balk wears dark pink robes, cinched at the waist with a silver belt and finished off with black boots. His skin is fairly pale. One eye is brown and the other is a milky purple. His hair is black with a single strip of white that runs down just above the purple eye. A strange skunk with bright pink eyes usually rests on his shoulder and a sledgehammer is strapped to his back.

History: Balek Freeroven was a member of a minor but presitigious plantation family. They were wealthy enough to send him to a magical college where he began his training as a mage. Unfortunately a rival family, the De le Portes coveted his family's land and conspired against them while he was away. In the end they hired mercenaries to dress as bandits and besiege the farm, murdering his family. They bribed the magistrate into letting them take the land out from under the Freeroven name and took over. At the college Balek met a strange professor who gave him several restricted volumes which he poured over. It opened his mind to the possibillity of a new world, far outside the edges of this world, and outside the realm of reason and sanity. When Balek returned home for a small vacation he found what had happened to his family and in a fit of rage assaulted the De Le Portes. He called upon ancient forbidden magics, unleashing the formless servants of the Great Old Ones upon his enemies and burning their home. The incident left him changed, his hair marked and one eye strangely altered. He adopted the name Balk and walked away from the college and his former home.

Personality: Balk is a powerful summoner. The things he calls up appear to be normal animals but in truth are strange creatures from outside this world merely masquerading. He is actually generally a nice guy, but his views on certain subjects (especially religion and magical theory) are very off putting and his is saddled with the term madman almost wherever he goes.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Earth hopefully, but sometimes I wonder...

Post hold. That is when you say you're gonna join the rp but you still have to come up with a character profile right? I was never quite certain on what that term meant... anyway, should have one up later this afternoon.

You better!
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

first thing after work i start the rp. my post will be the first official post as it will also give an idea of how descriptive i'd like the post to be. if you can't be as descriptive as me, that's fine. mostly, just make sure you USE PUNCTUATION. can't tell you how many rps's i've been in that don't use punctuation. it can get confusing. good spelling also prefered (as long as we get what the word is, it's ok).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast