Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guardians Of Ashur

Earth hopefully, but sometimes I wonder...

Okay, here's my sign up. Nothing to scream about, and I will be rusty, but hopefully I'm still literate.

Name: Bess Flynn

Hometown: Ralik

Starting Class: Fighter/ Red Mage (Sort of, but not really)

Appearance: Bess is a little under average height for a women and well tanned. Her very long light brown hair is always braided to keep it out of her face which makes her vibrant green eyes stand out better. Her delicate facial features are easy to read, her face is always reflecting her inner thoughts. On the whole, she has a very unthreatining and unassuming apperance. Used to the policies in Ralik she always keeps herself modestly covered, hiding her curves well. Her typical attire consists of lossely fitting pants held up with a large black belt, a sturdy pair of worn leather boots, a light white tunic and a red vest.

History: Born and raised in Ralik, Bess has always lead a strict life. She came from a very well respected family, which added to her pressures and in her angsty teen years, ultimately lead to her rebellion. Her family has a history of magic, indeed one of her great, great, great grandfathers was a talented Mage, but over the years the family lost respect for the practice. Naturally, Bess showed an interest mostly in spite, and later ran away to a magical college in trainging to be a Mage (having stolen family money to do so). Her family disowned her, but she was ready and excited to become a Mage and chart her own course. Once in school she found that she lacked all forms of talent, both natural and taught. Even with her best efforts behind her learning, she could barely master the simplist healing and non-healing magics and she was kicked out of college. With little money and no one to turn to she traveled with whomever would take her, finally ending up in Duath where she was forced to learn how to fight simply for survival. She's scrounged enough money to get out, and she's on the road again.

Personality: Bess tends to take on a mothering role with people she trusts which makes her come across as obnoxious and stubborn. She'll tell you that her hometown didn't have an affect on her, but in truth she can be somewhat paranoid at times and it takes a lot to earn her trust. She still holds onto some of the culture and rules at a subcouncious level, making her a bit judgemental. She is suspicious of almost everything and although she seeks adventure, she won't dive in blindly. She prefers smaller weapons, favouring short swords, daggers and the like. She won't use magic unless seriously pressured to and normally regrets it afterwards.

OOC: NOTE - THIS POINT ON USE OOC AND IC PLEASE

IC: After several weeks of traveling, I finally arrive in Luciv. The streets were busy with people. This city was popular for men and women of all trades to come and buy and sell their goods. The main street was about 15-foot wide, and full of honest traders. All along the sides of the street were shops of simple goods traders, and small grocers. Down various cross streets were weapon, armor, and shield shops, as well as openings to small restraints and bars. Several small alleyways had various secret meetings and other illegal activities going on. Most residents lived either above their business, or towards the outskirts of town. The main street, approaching from the east or west, was direct access from the edge of town to the first of shops.

I decided to head for a small bar not too far from the main street market. I really need to rest my feet, I thought. I am not used to travelling such great distances. I'll have to head back in about three days to get to Droku so I can learn where the first shard is.

A moment later, I reach the bar entrance. A couple of swinging doors was all that divided the outside from the inside (other than the walls, of course). There didn't seem to be any windows, but there was another pair of swinging doors only 12 feet further down the side street. As I walk through the doors, I take note of my surroundings. The bar was dimly lit, and had a clear path which arced around from the door I was entering through, to the counter, which it followed, then back around to the other door I noticed from outside. The tables weren't too close together, but they weren't far enough apart to where you wouldn't hear anything said from a surrounding table. There were also booths along the sides of the far walls, with fewer tables around them.

I picked an open booth, about midway along all the booths, on the side nearest me, and headed over to sit down. I set my belongings next to me, and grab a menu (note - menu is small and simple). I think I ought to order the steak. Just need to wait for a waitress to come over here.

OOC: My style is to have my thoughts italisized and my verbal speech with quotations. and for those that were around two years ago, yes - i copied and pasted my first post from then to here. I want to start it the same way as before.

oh, and all signups to this point are accepted
    Last edited by Vash the Stampede; 06-14-2009 at 11:21 PM. Reason: space out the OOC and IC sections and add more to 2nd OOC comment

Your Not Crazy! Your Just Stupid!

Name: Nanuq [Wendy's Name Origins: in Inuit traditional language, newborns are often named after an animal believing that it would give the child the qualities of it, like raven or wolf. Nanuq means polar bear. Traditionally they don't have surnames]
    Hometown: Drasia, living in Ramner
    Starting Class: Fighter, limited thieving ability
    Appearance: Well-built with powerful, sculpted muscles and his face battered with cuts and scars from his time in Duath. Some of Nanuq's fingers and toes are black and frostbitten which makes it difficult for him to use his hands with delicacy or intricate skill. His skin, even after years of farm labour, remains a pale white which makes him particularly out of place in Ramner.

History: Born and lived the first 13 years of his life in the cold and bitter climate of Drasia. His parents were relatively wealthy in comparison to the inhabitants of Drasia. They owned a remote strip of land in the lowlands towards the coast, unlike the working class who could only afford the land high atop the Northern Ridges, and raised a small flock of cattle and sheep and grew limited crops just for the family's consumption. The unforgiving weather was harsh and brutal, which is all Nanuq really remembers about his homeland. He still holds vague memories of the sub-zero winters and he still bears the scars of frostbitten fingers and toes. One year, the weather took a turn for the worst and his family's livestock died and the crops destroyed by the frost. The people had heard much of the prosperous city of Karrod and his parents decided to move to there. With little funds, they could afford only a shady ship of asylum seekers run by men looking to make a buck from Duath.

Two or three weeks into the boat ride, only 200km from the shore of Duath in the Enchanted Ocean, the ship was intercepted by Ralik and Frath's naval forces whose governments had an agreement with the leaders of Rashtentha to prevent asylum seekers from illegally settling on the continent. The pirates from Duath grabbed the women and children on the ship and escaped on a smaller row boat. Nanuq was taken with the outlaws and his parents were left aboard the ship, who were, along with everyone else on board, most likely killed by the naval ships. The pirates planned to take him and the others as hostages, but after governments didn't respond and made it clear that they didn't care, he ended up roaming the streets of Duath.

There, he had no permanent family or someone who took him in, but he floated around various shelters and churchs which got him meals in the night and a place to sleep. He learnt quickly the unwritten, unspoken rules of the unruly streets of Duath and found himself involved in gangs, drugs and even prostitution. This is where he acquired a bit of skill when it came to thieving, but it was never his forte. Nanuq did not have the speed, the stealth, the dexterity to be a successful pickpoket. Instead, he excelled in physical combat and while he came to Duath as a scrawny, pale child he soon built up his strength which the local gangs soon picked up on. A group of small time pickpokets and pirates trained him to work with swords and daggers to use him in a type of dog fighting, where vagrant children were pitted against each other and gambled on who would win. Nanuq got a small amount of earnings from each win and used this money in brothels. He first visit to a burlesque house was when he was 15, and soon he became a frequent at the many bars and brothels around.

At the same time, Nanuq took up permanent residence at a Roman Catholic Church where a reverend there took a liking to him and let him live at the church's shelter permanently. He taught Nanuq about Christianity which Nanuq pretended to absorb for the free food and rent. He spent over 4 years in Duath until one night when he was coming back from a whorehouse, he was picked up from the street by child slave drivers and spent at least 2 months being paraded on the streets until he was bought by a mogul who lived in Ramner. Nanuq travelled the long trip until he reached Ramner where, again, he was paraded on the streets of the rural town as a farm labourer for sale.

Nanuq was bought by an elderly farmer who grew mainly maize fields and raised sheep. He was actually very kind towards Nanuq, but Nanuq never could quite bring himself to stop hating his owner, despite how kind and contented he looked. Nanuq was given a small quarters alone near the farmer and his wife's home, and got up at 4am each morning and retired to bed with a bowl of stew each night at 9pm, day after day after day. He's been doing the same thing over and over again for the past 5 years, and if you asked anyone else in town they'd tell you he's a pleasant young lad. 'Keeps to himself,' they'd say, 'but a fine young lad, he is.' Anyone you asked would tell you that.

It's not real, though. It's not the real Nanuq. Everyday, each dawn that rises, each night that passes, Nanuq has not gone without dreaming of havoc and anarchy. This sleepy hallow of Ramner, it sickens him. The rural charm, the peacefulness, the phoniness, he spits on it. He seems like a modest, hardworking labourer but one day, and soon, he promises to get out of this hellhole. He craves the pubs and the brothels and the apathy, he wants that feeling of exhileration and disobedience.

OOC: some story... sounds like your a skilled RPer. i'm going to have to read and re-read that so i can clearly understand it... it's 230 AM now so i'm not focusing quiet right.

note for everyone - OOC is NOT required when posting your signup post. ANY/EVERYthing else does require OOC and IC. thank you.

The watchers on the wall dragon_berry's Avatar

OOC:I'll post on Sunday <-- holiday runout
    --A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world--

Fallen_wings Global "Warming" Poke_Hunter Eon Spirit Trixie God

Silver_Espeon, Myuu, Shadow and The Editor

The intelligent fool

Name: Rometh Emerra
    Hometown: Caglar
    Starting Class: Red Mage
    Appearance:

Optional___
    ___History: (I feel I'd disappoint you if I were to finish this today, considering it is going to be all Caglar... I'm going to edit it in, but it will be here by next week thursday at the latest. )
    ___Personality: Rometh has an indifferent attitude, but he actually sympathizes fairly easily for anyone.
    The calm that he has over him is the reason why he grew into his magic so quickly,
    but when he realized he had no talent for the greater level spells, the rage showed intensely in his eyes.
    This anger has kindled a self doubt deep inside of Rometh, overshadowing his thoughts and causing him to wander Ashur.

I guess this is as good a time as any to get back into on-line RP-ing. I hope to have matured over time, so if you'll have me...

Banner made by Peeki.
    "You say that I'm an intelligent fool; I say: 'Are you sure about the intelligent part?'"
    Extended Signature
    "I would do Eve without a second thought, as she is my one and only special pair."

OOC: welcome to Ashur (the name of the planet this RP takes place on for those who can't tell)

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

IC: Feh, this big city is about as beautiful as seal innards mixed with whale blubber. Why on Earth did I come here? Ryo found himself disgusted by Luciv's lack of cleanliness and lack of manners and chivalry. He undid his mask and spit on the ground as he passed another drunkard, sitting on the street. They could at least stay indoors when getting that intoxicated, especially when somebody knows that they are that intolerant. Ryo's scowl widened. This city wasn't worth thieving.

What had I asked myself? Oh yes, why was I here? That's a good question... Ryo was confused on how he had actually come to be in Luciv. He remembered that he had failed at his manhood ritual, and left the village in terrible shame. Then there was a sudden blank in his memory. The next thing he could find was awakening in Luciv, and somehow knowing it was Luciv. It bothered him that there was such a blankness. Was he trying to forget something horrible and succeeded? And how did he know that the city he was in was Luciv? Why was he so certain?

Maybe alcohol will reveal my memory in a drunken state. Ryo walked into the nearest bar and pulled at his bulging bag of money around his waist, stolen from a passing noble. What a joke on crime rates this place is. Ryo laughed and walked up to the bar. He had not been to a bar in a long time, since he was 12 and he went with his father all the way down to Frath. Ryo placed a coin on the table. "A pint of Brandy, barkeep."

IC: Bess tried to avoid eye contact as she walked through the street while still holding her head up high. It proved to be a bit of a challenge and she couldn't help but catch a few glances. She didn't like how some of the people looked at her, sizing her up... she certainly looked a little ill kept. After almost a week of traveling and working she hadn't rested properly in days.

At least it was better then Duath, indeed she felt an element of safety here even amongst this many people. As an extra measure her short sword hung by her side, a simple basic weapon that she had learned to yield well. It was her best friend in Duath and now she smiled as she felt its familar weight against her leg. In her hometown she never would have been allowed to walk down the street with a weapon like this, mind you, being a women she wouldn't have been allowed to wear pants either.

There were so many shops all around, the atmosphere so casual, such a change from Duath. In truth she wasn't quite sure exactly where she was but she was fairly certain she had to be in Luciv, judging by the direction she had traveled at the sheer size of the city. Slowing down her speed walk she leaned against a window, trying to gather her wits once more.

What did she know? What did she need? What did she have? She checked her small leather satchel, it was next to empty save for a small wallet. She had to sell her dagger's and family locket just to get the money to travel, but she had mangaged to make some money along the way. Opening the wallet she discovered that she had a grand total of 50 gold pieces. Certainly enough for a decent meal and perhaps a night in an inn, in a real bed...

That would take care of her immediate needs: food, water and shelter. She could accept that, deal with tomorrow when it came. Eventually she would need some form of long term plans... but she was to tired for that now. Decision made she entered the nearest building, a small bar by the look of it and took the closest seat. Maybe they'd have some cheap food and she could save a bit of money.

Balk pushed his way into the bar and surveyed the area. His eyes surveyed the room, taking it all in. He didn't bother to respond to the strange looks his appearance elicited. His was a master of the forces Arcane, the misguided curiosity and country bred ignorance of the masses meant little to him, unless one of them was cute maybe.

The sorcerer petted the skunk that clung tightly to his shoulder, nodded his head as it squeaked in his ear.

"Yes, Uthul, I'm quite sure we'll find something interesting in this city. It will be only a matter of time till some sort of terrestrial agents seek us out. In the meantime I intend to indulge a bit."

The man made his way to the bar, setting a coin on the counter and asking for a simple water. As the relatively clean glass was set before him, Balk took a small packet from his satchel and ripped it open, dumping the powder into the water and swirling the glass around with his hand. The water and the powder mixed, turning a cloudy pink that seemed full of glittering sparkles. Occasionally the mixture actually sparked. He adjusted the sledge on his back and took a long draught of the drink, his eyes closing for a moment in enjoyment. Now to wait around a few minutes for adventure to find him.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Bess hadn't really watched the man walk in, but as soon as he stood next to her she couldn't help but notice his somewhat, urm, unique qualities. She looked wide eyed at the heafty weapon on his back, wondering what kind of strength he must need to weild it skillfully. Maybe he couldn't and at it was simply for show to scare the locals. She somehow doubted that as she watched him work.

The bar tender distracted her for a moment, asking her what she wanted and she could only think to mutter "Water." At the sudden distraction she realized she had been literally gaping at the man and she mentally shunned herself, causing her face to tense up. As soon as she recieved her water she sipped it gently, making a point to look away until a sudde sparkle caught her eye, coming from the man's glass. What exactly was that stuff? Hadn't he had water a few moment's ago? She looked at her own glass questiongly, wondering if it too would suddenly change. She put it back down on the bar. If the water was someone poisoned the man certainly didn't notice, indeed he even seemed to be enjoying his drink, and was that some kind of animal on his shoulder? It was kind of cute, with the pink eyes and all...

She was gaping again. Not very polite of her, and certainly not respectful in the slightest. There wasn't really any way to hide it now, and with a bit of effort she forced herself to extend a hand in greeting. Maybe if she introduced herself it might absolve her behaviour.

"Hi, I'm Bess, couldn't help but notice you're little friend. I'm gonna guess that you're not from around here, but I suppose I wouldn't be a good judge considering I'm not from around here either." She said in as friendly an air as she could muster.

The wizard raised an eyebrow and gave a lopsided grin as he sized the girl up. Perhaps she was a yokel traveling in wide eyed wonderment. Not likely, she never would have made it this far. That mean she might be interesting or intriuging in interacting with.

"I'm Balk," he finally answered, "and this is my familiar, Uthul. I'm a mage of some potency but more importantly, are you aware that the gods that many of the people this world worship are in fact otherwordly, nameless beings from beyond the cosmos? They came into being in this plane simply out of curiosity, or some for hunger of souls or other even more esoteric things like dreams or words. The point of the matter is, somehow they began to have worshippers. Some people frowned on this and threatened to attempt to use arcane might to drive these THINGS out of our world...Well this probably would't have worked. The things ARE powerful beyond mortal ken after all. Still for some reason or another, perhaps it was the very effect of this plane... they took on a more concrete form, some even appearing similar to mortals. Then oddly enough, their worship seemed more acceptable, even benign, and in time man forgot that what he was worshipping was the same eldrich horrors that haunt the most vivid imaginations of the mad."

He paused, taking another sip of his strange beverage, "Oh dear, are you drinking water? Would you like me to buy you something stronger?"
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Bess simply blinked as she tried to process everything that had come out of that man's mouth. Was he mad? And yet he had an air about him that made her doubt it slightly, he just seemed to sure of himself. What was sanity anyway? She had seen some pretty wacked up elders in her hometown that were considered sane. Who's to say that she wasn't insane herself, afterall, what sane person would risk the luxuries of a comfortable home life to end up in a bar in Luciv, low on money and purpose. Now she was starting to give herself a headache...

"Oh dear, are you drinking water? Would you like me to buy you something stronger?" He asked between a sip.

She nodded, then laughed. Why not, she could watch it get poured, and this was a different town then Duath. If she could avoid paying out of her own pocket the better for her. Still, she ought to get to know this man better before she started making ties, and if he was gonna buy her a drink she ought to at least be some kind of cival company.

"Call me crazy, but I don't think I understood a word of that..." She said, "Something about gods coming from a different cosmos? I never really believed in any of the gods most people talked about. I suppose it would make sense if they were from some other 'plane'."

Now she was starting to sound mad herself, she could sense that some of the people around her were growing uncomfortable, and the seats aroun them had cleared quite suddenly.

"About that drink... what do you recommend?"

"Now that's the real question isn't it?" He grinned now, "I'd suggest something in a wine, perhaps a red? Yeah, I think that will do nicely. And since we're here in such a casual setting, I'll leave off any further mind shattering revelations for now. Though you do seem open minded enough, and that's always a good thing. Regardless, the wine."

Balk ordered up the wine and handed over a few more coins. He studied the girl's face for a moment. By the Great Old Ones, she was a looker. Maybe he'd really have to turn on the charm later, but for now it was enough to have a conversationalist that didn't want to see him locked away or put to the pyre.

"So, what brings you to a place like this? Myself, I'm looking for some sort of excitement, a reason to put my services to use, and perhaps even a job. I'm sure something will definately come up sooner or later if I make my presence clear enough. Oh, would you like to pet Uthul?"

The wizard moved the skunk from his shoulder to his lap and took another drink.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Bess practically jumped at the proposal, she adored animals since infancy. A love she was sure sprouted simply from her mother's disaproval of the 'useless dirty things', but as she grew older she learned to enjoy and appreciate them for more reasons then to spite her mother. She can't remember from where exactly, but she had heard that skunks made great pets. She reached out to stroke the animal, scratching behind his ears and under his chin most generously.

Out of the corner of her eye she had been watching the drinks being served, and she swallowed any suspicions about the server long enough to grab a glass. She let the aroma fill her nose and relax her a little as she took her first sip. Leaning back against the bar counter she risked a few more, it certainly was refreshing. She contemplated the man's proposal, what did she want to find here besides the basic needs?

"Balk, right? I guess you could say I'm looking for the same thing. At the very least, some place to go, to have some kind of purpose for my actions..." To be someone useful she thought but didn't continue.

She sipped her glass some more, surprised that it was already starting to feel lighter. She was also surpised at her sudden openess to this stranger, feeling herself drop some of her normal paranoia. Some reasonable voice in the back of her mind told her it was the wine beginning to take affect, reminding her that she couldn't hold her liquor and ought to put the glass down and walk out now while she still could. She ignored it for another sip, more like a hearty taste and dared to look Balk in the eyes. That's right, she knew his name. He wasn't really a stranger then was he?

"I find it hard to believe that someone as intimidating as you isn't in constant adventure and excitement. You're a mage aren't you? I've yet to meet many mage's, especially anyone super skilled, why I would think you'd be in high demand."

Such interesting eyes... she noticed for the first time their odd colouring, it was kind of disturbing and yet she couldn't look away right away. She wanted to know more. At last she broke the contact, letting her eyes wonder back to Uthul, extending a hand to stroke the animal once more.

"He's rather majestic for what most would consider a pest..." She said as her stomach growled.

Embarassed she blushed. She almsot forgot she was hungry.

"I suppose you must be hungry to. You bought me a drink I'll treat you to a meal. I'm sure the bar tender here has some sort of stew going somewhere..."

She called the bartender over, finally laying some of her own coins on the counter.

OOC: definatly some good RPers here

IC: A waitress finally approaches my table and asks, "You ready to order?"

After pausing for a moment, thinking over my choices, I decide. "I'll just have a steak and a glass of water."

"Very good, sir. Your food will be out in a few minutes." She walks away to get the order to the cook.

While waiting on my meal, I hear some interesting things being said nearby. I try to drown that out while planning my next move. If I can gather the shards, I can re-make the world to my image. Or, rather, destroy it all together. By the Dark Lord Chaos, nothing and no one shall survive. I start grinning thinking about the total and rampant destruction I will cause. And since my idiot friend went and got himself killed (by standing in the way of my Hadoken) I need to find some more meatshields to protect me when I head to Droku. And possibly everywhere else in the world.

"One steak, and here's your water." My waitress sets down a juicy steak and a glass of water, inturupting my thoughts.

"Thank you," I say, irritated that my thoughts were interupted, but satisfied that I have some good food to eat. I suppose food is more important right now than planning the worlds demise. I take the knife and fork to start eating, signaling the waitress to leave me in peace for now. I just hope the rumers of this kingdom hiring heros to gather the shards is true. That will definatly allow me to maintain the appearence of a good guy for now.

Booze and women - Nanuq couldn't focus on anything other than these two things as he entered the great city Luciv. It was his first time in the city, and his first time outside of the stale, ho-hum Ramner in god knows how long. Whenever he told people he was from Ramner, they all seemed to breathe a sigh of envy, and they burdened him with their dreams of a carefree life in the countryside. It made him want to throw up. But still, he would give them a modest smile and a slight nod of head as anyone else would do. Nanuq had one hand swinging at his side in a swagger and another thrust deeply in his pocket where it incessantly fiddled with the gold pieces he had been given by his serf. He had sent Nanuq to Luciv to scout for cheap livestock but really, in Nanuq's mind the money had no other purpose than to quench his nagging thirst for alcohol, drugs and the like. Which reminded him - "Time to hit the bottle."

To the west, the Luciv Mountains stood in the glare of the sun high above him. The streets were alive with bustling merchants and shoppers, and although it seemed like a picturesque scene before him, if you looked closely enough, in the concealed shadows of the stone buildings, the darkened nooks and corners beyond the foreground, that was where Nanuq belonged. On the street. In darkness. Unseen. His blood boiled as he thought of how everyone in the light were so oblivious, so blind to what was so near to them, cheek by jowl. So stupid. A few minutes into his visit to Luciv and he already needed a drink. "Could I sure go for a bit of the hard stuff, the green fairy, summa that John Barleycorn right now."

Out the corner of his eye, or should I say nose, Nanuq picked up on that sweet, sweet scent of liquor. The real stuff. It was infused with the aroma of steak and other fine cuisine. After his fixation on alcohol and sexual desire, he'd forgotten about his aching hunger after his several day commute. There were no windows, no signs, and the only thing indicating that the place actually existed was the set of swinging doors and low mumbling from inside. Nanuq didn't like busy places anyway. He pushed both doors open with a slight nudge, which ended up sending it slamming into the walls with a tumultuous racket. He took no notice of anyone else around him and proceeded to the bar where he grabbed the nearest glass of liquor, which happened to be the pint of brandy ordered by a shady pickpocket figure, funny garments and all, and threw it back in a single swallowing. It was indescribably sensational on his tongue, but it wasn't nearly enough.

This pic is definitely of me!! Solly's Avatar

IC: Ryo wasn't very happy. Not very happy at all. First he failed at his manhood ceremony. The he wakes up to find himself in a big city that he is socially inept from. And now a large, muscular figure walks in and drinks his brandy, without so much as a word. What cretins populated this horrible city? Ryo paused and closer inspected the individual to notice he had frostbitten fingers and incredibly pale skin. Ryo was now simply shocked as he realized the impolite fellow was, in fact, from Drasia.

"Excuse me, brother," asked Ryo, trying not to sound aggravated, "Might you be from Drasia?"

OOC:I think I'll get started on personality and history, now that my character has started developing.

The intelligent fool

IC: 'Either I'm getting close to the road, or I find something edible in the next hour.' Rometh thought.
    The initial journey from the coast towards the West of Rashtentha had gone quite prosperous,
    but ever since the last village it seemed to be getting more difficult to find supplies of any kind
    without traversing quite a bit off from the road.
    Rometh didn't mind at first preferring the forest shade over walking hooded on the rough roads,
    yet when he had found he wasn't only sleeping on the forest floor, but running out of, well, everything,
    the drooping of his eyes had reached a new low.

A rustle in the trees caught Rometh's attention, raising his hand to aim for a bird,
    but a cracked branch being pushed off by the breeze was all that seemed to have caused the disturbance.
    Sighing, Rometh placed his hand on the shoulder bag at his waist feeling the weight of the two books pressing on him.
    'No more potions, no more ingredients, only these to rely on until I find my way to a settlement.'
    With that thought, the young mage was on his way again, heading north, judging from the occasional tree-moss,
    as the south was where he had come from having been to the city of Mariod to inform to a job first.
    "You can find rare plants in forests? Here's not a place that needs those, try the cities up north." They said.

Having been told he needed to take the western roads at forks to get there,
    Rometh figured to just start off going West, passing by a Mountain Range before taking the roads north.
    He had managed to pay for the inns with what he had from Vradkal, but the wear of the voyage was worse.
    All the canteens he had magically woven for his potions had withered away after running dry.
    Rometh had learned early one in his roaming of the world that it was not wise for him to carry around vials.
    When he lifted his hand from the bag he felt the wear his travels were having on it as well.
    "I'll need to get a new one made..." He told himself with tire in his voice, continuing further north.

OOC: If you'd prefer if I sped up a little 'progression-wise', that's fine, just tell me.
    As it is now I'm trying to prevent myself from 'power-playing' the character in the future.

Banner made by Peeki.
    "You say that I'm an intelligent fool; I say: 'Are you sure about the intelligent part?'"
    Extended Signature
    "I would do Eve without a second thought, as she is my one and only special pair."

The Archer Leader global "Warming"'s Avatar

Is this RP still available?

Pairs :
    Dragon_Berry
    Poke_Hunter
    Keke Le Cat

OOC: it died faster this time than it did a couple years ago

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12