Thread: If public healthcare will be so much more efficient than private

Registered Users Regular TeenageAngst's Avatar
    Mount Cynicism, at the corner of Nobamaland and Itoldyousovia.

Default If public healthcare will be so much more efficient than private

Why won't it turn a profit?

Say (like the advocates do) that it's twice as efficient. Well simply give people the option to pay for public health insurance at half what the private insurance agencies charge. Why would a tax be needed? Simply charge people the cost of running the program. Openly compete with the private insurance agencies. If it truly is more efficient it will absolutely smash private insurance.
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire
    Iíll bring you to your knees
    Ebb and flow with my desire
    Cause its all that youíve been taught to be

It's been like, almost a month. Why can't anyone address my question?
    "I prefer a sane world where you are rewarded by providing people with something they want. Not arbitrarily rewarded in a status game that reminds me of chimpanzees." - nazgulnarsil

Here I am with my empire

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

We have both over here. Public healthcare is paid for through national insurance (which was meant to only pay for healthcare and pensions but is now just another tax). It basically entitles you to free state healthcare of a reasonable standard. You can go private if you want to avoid waiting lists and stuff, but that costs more. I doubt public is more efficient than private, but it does mean you won't have to pay for medical insurance just to get decent healthcare.

The private system has to be superior to the public in order to justify its cost.

I don't see the point of the tax being mandatory though. If you want public healthcare, fine, enroll and get taxed for it. If you'd rather go private then drop your enrollment and put the money you'd normally be taxed into paying private insurance. It just makes sense.

Here I am with my empire

No i feel they should tax everyone, but people will make claims, find loop hole, ect. and end up bankrupting on government @ your last post.

@ the first post: public healthcare is long over due because medical company have abused people to long... i check avg. 800 a month to cover 1 guy (not job provided helthcare plan) with no heath prombles (dental was like 300)... who has that beside people who are in a tax backet of about 150,000/yr.

What about that child with autism that the privte insurer wont touch because they cant turn a porfit...
    Dragonite Standby... Dragonite! Hey get back here... Obey me.

First off, good to know what you "feel", now would you kindly explain why that would be a good idea?

Secondly, I don't believe that was the question.

And thirdly, what does a child with autism have to do with this discussion?

Here I am with my empire

also everyone should be tax because then only middle class and the poor will be taxed... that mean more tax for me (i not say the rich should be tax for being rich, be that should be include in the imporvement of our counrty.

good topic

its not a good idea it can bankrupt our government.

your question:Why would a tax be needed? well if they didnt tax people they woulnt be able to get the funds needed, now would they?

Quote Originally Posted by AmirHero View Post
    also everyone should be tax because then only middle class and the poor will be taxed... that mean more tax for me (i not say the rich should be tax for being rich, be that should be include in the imporvement of our counrty.

good topic
    Yeah, damn rich people, having their corporations employing people and making products we all want. Scourge of the earth deserve to be taxed. Oh wait, that has nothing to do with the question either.

Here I am with my empire

Quote Originally Posted by AmirHero View Post
    its not a good idea it can bankrupt our government.

your question:Why would a tax be needed? well if they didnt tax people they woulnt be able to get the funds needed, now would they?
    Did you not read my first post?

Here I am with my empire

well ta i believe a large point of public healthcare is to give coverage to people who couldnt afford to enroll even in a discounted program