Thread: Pokémon of the Week! (July 27-August 2)

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Default Pokémon of the Week! (July 27-August 2)

English name: Vaporeon (Derived from the word 'vapor')

Japanese name: シャワーズ (Showers)

Type: Water

Evolutionary chain: Eevee + water stone

Best Base Stat: HP

First debuted in the anime: Episode 40

First debuted in the manga: Chapter 19 (Technically*)

Pokedex entries:

Red/Blue: Lives close to the water. Its long tail is ridged with a fin which is often mistaken for a mermaid's.

Yellow: Its cell structure is similar to water molecules. It will melt away and become invisible in water.

Stadium: Found quietly resting by lake shores. Its cell structure is similar to water, so it can invisibly melt into water.

Gold: When VAPOREON's fins begin to vibrate, it is a sign that rain will come within a few hours.

Silver: It prefers beautiful shores. With cells similar to water molecules, it could melt in water.

Crystal: As it uses the fins on the tip of its tail to swim, it blends with the water perfectly.

Stadium 2: When Vaporeon's fins begin to vibrate, it is a sign that rain will come within a few hours.

Ruby/Sapphire: VAPOREON underwent a spontaneous mutation and grew fins and gills that allow it to live underwater. This POKeMON has the ability to freely control water.

Emerald: VAPOREON underwent a spontaneous mutation and grew fins and gills that allow them to live underwater. They have the ability to freely control water.

Firered: Its body's cellular structure is similar to the molecular composition of water. It can melt invisibly in water.

Leafgreen: Lives close to water. Its long tail is ridged with a fin which is often mistaken for a mermaid's.

Diamond/Pearl: It has evolved to be suitable for an aquatic life. It can invisibly melt away into water.

Platinum: Its cell composition is similar to water molecules. As a result, it can melt away into water.

*Red catches an Eevee that can evolve into any Eevee evolution at will (and it can change back into an Eevee).
    __________________________________________________ ____________

As far as myself using a Vaporeon, I haven't. Ever. I've always had a water type in my party so I had no need to get a Vaporeon. I've always evolved Eevee into Jolteon.

But now I'm thinking of making a Vaporeon part of my Platinum team, so that's why I chose it for this week.

---Sorry if I'm stealing your spotlight NidoKING. xP

It is a good pokemon but there are better alternatives

Definitely aren't stealing my spotlight Pichubro, I haven't had a single chance to get on here all summer so far, the internet where I am is poor at best, and work has been sucking up my time like crazy.
    So please, continue

As for Vaporeon, I've never used one, I honestly don't like any of the Eeveelutions... Vaporeon is a very good sponge though, I would consider putting one on a team just for some variety from my norm.
    I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. I have seen too much religion in the eyes of too many murderers. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. What God desires is here [points to head] and here [points to heart] and what you decide to do every day, you will be a good man - or not.

Beginning Trainer pirateprincess's Avatar

definately one of the prettiest pokemon
    when I first got into pokemon i was obsessed with my vaporeon, but i dont think they are very strong really, just for show