Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pokemon Iron: Redux

Default Pokemon Iron: Redux

Reposting this RP, not gonna let it slip this time.

It is the Dark Ages, Pokemon populate the Earth... and so do people. But we don't have the ball and 'dex technology of today. Oh no. The people of this medieval world view pokemon in an entirely different light. Sure there are a few that try to befriend such obviously dangerous creatures, but the majority of the world fears them. They are rampaging monsters, perhaps even spat up from Hell itself. Charizards swoop over to burn villages to the ground, Primates lurk in the forest to drag off children who stray from the road, and Golduck's hide under bridges to assault any river going traffic. It is a dark time full of violence and swordplay.

There are a rare view that manage to bind pokemon to their will with hidden rituals and pacts but those people are often viewed as warlocks and witches. Still, their power can not be denied, and it is said that the king himself is looking to recruit some of them into his army.

Much more common, though still rare, are the ones who are brave or foolish enough to go out and hunt these monsters. Wether for sport or proffit, they gird themselves with all manner of weaponry and such and track down and destroy these savage elemental creatures.

So come join the world of Pokemon Iron.... You get to kill stuff and battle horrible beasts...or cower in your grass hut while a Jynx spirits away your husband for unspeakable breeding acts, or anything in between.

For Now, Pokemon Iron takes place around the Village of Hedgerow, with Hedgerow Keep not far away. It is ruled nominally by Lord Witherspoon.

Name:

Age: Most people can go out in the world and start living life around 13-14 but you can be any age.

Personality: You know how this goes... what are you like?

Appearance: So on and so forth

History: Tell a bit about yourself... are you a royal messenger? An inspiring Pokemon slayer, a tavern wench? Or even jsut a peasant or a clueless scholar?... no one can have a binding ritual for pokemon... not just yet. They ARE rare after all.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Banned

Can I join

Name:Jason Eighfivfor
    Personality:Hates pokemon, which clashes with his sisters belief that pokemon are not dangerous. However, he is a nice guy otherwise. He has a rarely seen but explosive temper.
    Appearance: Brown untidy hair, and green eyes. Also, he currently has a beard and ripped clothes.
    History:His parents were killed by pokemon and now lives with little sister. Rented a house untill he was fired from the Kings Guards and now is a hobo. Trying to find a gabite scale to heal his sick sister.

sounds good, recruit some people.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

To all the girls that wanna join my tribe, just move to my rhythm and feel my vibe Echolalia's Avatar

Alright Qoorl, let's re-energize this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Octazooka View Post
    globs of wet snow raining on me

Gimme a sign up.. recruit some others and I'll start it off.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Banned

Woohooo! I've been waiting for this RP to start up.

To all the girls that wanna join my tribe, just move to my rhythm and feel my vibe Echolalia's Avatar

Alright, I'll get working on one.

By the way, have you ever read anything in the Monster Blood Tattoo series by D.M Cornish? There's Foundling and Lamplighter. This RP and those books have similar themes. And I love those books haha.

Name: Leopold

Personality:
    "Wouldn't you like to know? I'm a blunt at times, but I'm not mean. I'd tell you when you skrew'd up and I'll correct you. No-no, I'm not critical. If you need help, I'll help you out, even when you don't know that you need the help. I can also speak Spanish and French"
    *Winks then smiles with a rough laugh*

Appearance:
    Average to an athletic build. Was a soilder for a foreign nation, but doesn't explain why he is here. Has black hair and green eyes, a bit scruffy but keeps himself clean. Wears a leather vest embroiderd with his Family crest on the top left instead of a breast pocket which would normally appear there.

History:
    His father died of tetinous and his mother became abusive. He ran away and to live with his Aunt and uncle. His uncle was an Alchemist and Leopold learned much about philospohy from him. Leopold learn to be hospitable from his aunt. He is a pagan in religion and can easily be a high preist.
    Leopold is well educated, but is also adventerous.
    He joined the Army at the age of 11 and trained with a Knight.
    Much after that, things get foggy, but Leopold now lives near Hedgerow and works as a miller.
    Last edited by leo33wii; 10-27-2009 at 02:26 PM.

Name: Joe
    Personality: Arogant and silly
    Appearance: fatass
    History: I was originally some desert deller in Hoen but I dicovered gold I hit it rich and made my own empire but in the desert to dig up more gold of course.

The watchers on the wall dragon_berry's Avatar

Postholdies!
    --A dreamer is one who can only find his way by moonlight, and his punishment is that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world--

Fallen_wings Global "Warming" Poke_Hunter Eon Spirit Trixie God

Silver_Espeon, Myuu, Shadow and The Editor

Leo not bad... but there's no Spain. Kirby... try again. As far as characters know.. there isn't a Hoenn region. And put a little more thought into your character. Start with a general concept... Fat rich bastard apparently. Now think of some background, some motivation, and some personality traits. That'll get you a start on a viable character.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Mine sucked

Quote Originally Posted by Qoorl View Post
    Leo not bad... but there's no Spain. Kirby... try again. As far as characters know.. there isn't a Hoenn region. And put a little more thought into your character. Start with a general concept... Fat rich bastard apparently. Now think of some background, some motivation, and some personality traits. That'll get you a start on a viable character.
    Alright, how about just a Spanish Army (A bunch of soldier who just happen to speak only Spanish?)...

Well, I edited my post. Now it's just some random generic Army.

Name: King Joe
    Personality: Joe is layed back mainly concerned for him and only him but he has a good heart and is not an evil little basard like most kings and is willing to here and act on complaints. His is more like the boss of his kingdom.
    Appearance: Fat but not HUGE sort of weak but if he wants to can carry his weight usually dresses and casual cloths
    History: Ogininally a simple pesant off the Northern edge of Lavendar town. Around age 10 he dicovered a large amount of gold hidden in the Rock Tunnel north of Lavendar Town and collected it over the following year. At age 11 he gatherd up enough money to make a castle at the southern enterance and claimed the previously unclaimed land as his own making the town Golemer. There he payed his enployees much older than him a fair shair of the gold they found around 60%. He himself actually uses very little of the gold for flatery but uses it to expand his business.

Beginning Trainer

I'll give this a shot...postholding.

Kirby getting better... but no king. It seems to me like he's soundly in the merchant class... which isn't a bad character concept and works with what you've got... And Leo, yours works fine. Postholders... there's no such thing as postholding anymore... make a character and we'll start.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Beginning Trainer

Name: Conner Blitz

Personality: A spirit of adventure, never likes to stay still for to long. Curious about many of the worlds many mysteries including the one on the vast species of Pokemon that seem to live around. Not a violent person, he would rather talk then fight. However, he is quite resourceful. He spends all the time he can outdoors and has an issue with authority. He makes friends quickly with anyone he meets, or at the same rate turns them to enemies. He is cautious towards Pokemon but doesn't exactly know if there is an exact reason to be scared of them or its just the rumors that surround them.

Appearance: A pretty average kid, fairly tall, with a rather larger muscle tone then others his age from various activities. He has blue eyes that calmly blend with his short spiky brown hair. He always is seen wearing loose clothing. Mostly a worn out shirt and some pants with holes in them. He has other clothes, just prefers that outfit saying its not as tight.

History: Slightly average history a normal kid would have. Dad works in the royal army, and his Mom passed giving birth and he never knew her. His dad always being out, he gets to stay home alone most of them time. He grew up near the really busy parts of town so he never really saw the creatures that live around till he turned 14 and moved to a house a bit closer to the edge of town away from his father. Which started his curiosity in the vast creatures that myths seem to hostilely describe.

(This is all I could think up for right at the moment, I was rather rushed with things to do back at the house so if it needs improvement i'll fix it where necessary.)

It works...may start up tommorrow.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

My guy is a merchant person then I guess

Sign-up will be coming in in a few minutes

The supense is killing me.

Banned

When are you going to make a character, Qoorl?

Qoorl is the God of pokemon land silly

I might make a char eventually... at the moment I'll jsut be runnin a few NPCs... get things started off....
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Btw what is the technology level here? About what century would you say?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast