Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Pokemon Game

Default New Pokemon Game

Let's say Nintendo made you director for a new pokemon game. What would you do and what would you add? Also, it doesn't have to follow the traditional Pokemon games.
    I just want to hear what people have to say.

Well since nintendo refuses to remake yellow they can make a pokemon game called "Ash's adventure" where pikachu follows you throught the regions. Or I will go for basically anything where pikachu follows you. I love yellow way to much.

I would change the battle system to a real time battle system for home consoles, but you wouldn't control your pokemon directly. Instead, your pokemon would be controlled by artificial intillegence (AI).
    It would still play the same, you select an attack, but you would have to hit the "A" button to confirm/command the attack. So the trainer on screen will "say" (the text will show on the bottom "Ash: Pikachu! Use Thunder Shock" or "Ash commanded an attack! But pikachu is loafing around") Just like how the game say "Pikachu use volt tackle" or "The wild weedle use string shot."
    Here is where it's different, the pokemon will use the same attack it used last. Just like on the show. The pokemon will use the same attack until it runs out of PP to use or commanded to use another.
    Every pokemon can fight with out using their actual attacks. Pikachu can run around and claw or gnaw at an opponent/wild pokemon with out using PP.
    This is the difference between wild and trained pokemon.
    A wild pikachu may know thunder shock, but you will never find a wild pikachu that knows thunderbolt, volt tackle, rain dance, or any other attack that requires leveling up or a TM. Wild pokemon have "natural" attacks where as trained pokemon have "trained/learned" attacks.
    And since wild pokemon don't really train or level up, this will explain why you don't see to many evolved pokemon in the wild.

So yeah, pokemon run around and battle each other and you as a trainer don't have to enter any attacks at all. By doing this, your pokemon will act feral when it reaches level 100. The more training and disciplined your pokemon is it will be apperent when your pokemon reaches level 100. Battling pokemon will actually teach your pokemon things, your pokemon will learn how to battle better. There will be a difference between a level 100 pokemon who was trained since level 45 and one since level 1.
    Legendary Pokemon will act more wild in battle compared to non legendary pokemon because of their level. This doesn't make them any weaker, it just means that the more experience a pokemon has... the more aware it is in battle.
    Let's say this:
    Who will win in a fight, a body builder who has 4 years experience in Karate or an average Joe with 8 years experience in Karate?
    The body builder is a lot stronger than the regular Joe, but since the regular Joe has more experience, it's possible that either one could win in a fight.

The same can be said about legendaries and regular pokemon in my real time system. The relation you have can also influence the way your pokemon battles too. A pokemon can have it's happiness to it's max, which can help it motivate it in battle. But at the same idea, a pokemon with its happiness all the way down can use that frustration to keep it going in battle.
    How you train is up to you. You can battle with your pokemon and beleiving in your pokemon's abilities like Ash... or you can train your pokemon so that they develop attack technique just like Gary trains his pokemon. Or you can train your pokemon so they can rely on each other like a team or train each of your pokemon hard so that they don't have to rely on each other. It all depends on you.
    Of course this will take a lot of coding and programming and seems very complex, which is a reason why I want Nintendo to stop adding new pokemon, work on the battle system, and add things you to what you can do with your pokemon.
    ---
    edit:

Also, I would add a "dodge" command. Let's say you battled many charizards and noticed that charizard has to buff up it's chest before it uses flamethrower. Your pokemon don't notice this, but you as the trainer can command your pokemon to "dodge." Of course you can't dodge every attack, it's just gives you a 35% chance of avoiding an attack. But consider that an opponents attack must be aimed. All attacks now have a range and become weaker or stronger at certain distances.

useing dodge would probaly distroy the 'metagame' I would like to see a 'real pokemon' game someday but would not like for that to become the standard for all games just a side game like mystery dungeon is not the stardard

They are adding "dodge" to the pokewalker and I think it's a good idea, but that's my opinion and I"m sure there are more people against my thought.

Oh yeah I love how in the pokemon show they dodge aerail ace.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    ..really?
    BOO!

I haven't seen the show in a real long time so I'm not sure.
    I would like to add realistic physics to the game so it feels more authentic to our world. Easier to imagine pokemon being actual animals and such. I'm sure there are a lot of us that sometimes wish pokemon were actually real.

I don't they would kill every one note how in real life caterpis could tackle grown men to the ground. Only imagine what mewtwo and giratina can doo? And currently we lack tranporter storage tech in the pokeball so we would be screwed.

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

And finish the battle with FALSE SWIPE!

I think Pikachu once used a move called thunder armor which does not exist

I stopped watching when Ash got his badge from Clair back in the day in Johto.
    The show messed up a lot back then when calling attacks.
    Not surprised about that though...

I do not understand why ash uses his level 10 chimchar to battle everyone his level 158 pikachu can kill like everyone knowadays

I know, and I think his pikachu is the ONLY pokemon in the entire pokemon world that can OHKO a graveler with thundershock

Evne though it breaks the pokemon laws of phychics pikachu is the bomb

I do not understand why ash uses his level 10 chimchar to battle everyone his level 158 pikachu can kill like everyone knowadays
    Chimchar is evolved now

Banned

Fine, level 14 Monferno.

He did? wow

He did? wow
    To be fair, I don't watch it in English anymore. And actually, watching it in Japanese is like discovering the show all over again. Not stupid puns, no annoying voices; it seems a lot more serious that the American version makes it out to be.

That's probably why the movies keep getting sold out at theaters in Japan. xD

That's what I keep hearing.
    Once at Pokebeach on one of their Podcasts, one of the members from Japan was saying that the show was taken more seriously than in America.
    If the show wasn't targeted to children in America, more people would say that they enjoy playing pokemon.

I love when people say the show is getting old we are the ones who are getting older little kids loved the shows as much as us.

I know that you were not targeting your post to me, but I just want to comment on your opinion.

I never said the show is getting old. I want to be able to go out in the public and not have people stare at me while having a little pokemon key-chain. I have a squirtle hanging off my M16 out here in Iraq! I was told to remove it because it didn't reflect professionalism.

Anyway, I still have it as a keychain. My platoon makes fun of me for liking pokemon, but I don't talk about it or say much about like the other guys who play World Of Warcraft. They talk about grinding, getting gold, going through some swamp, casting magic, and some other thing I don't understand at all...
    but when I say "Get a life! The sun actually exists." they retort with:
    "Why should I listen to you? You play Pokemon."
    That makes me angry because they play to, but I don't deny the fact that I do play pokemon.

Eh. I see people at school all the time wear pokemon keychains and play the games. Someone stole my Pikachu keychain though.

But I'd say it's still popular. The old fans are still clinging to it and I saw a little five year old playing Platinum so there's always new fans to keep the franchise going.

But yeah, comparing America and Japan... Well, Pokemon is like the "Disney" of Japan. It isn't going to die out soon, that's for sure.

I'm not saying that it isn't popular, what I'm saying it's normal for people in your age group to like pokemon and is expected. But when they see an adult who likes pokemon, it's something to be made fun of.

Hmm, I never thought of that. That seems a bit immature of the mocking adults though. xP

Those adults are the ones who are still mentally stuck in high school.
    What I mean is that they treat every situation they are in as if they are still high school students.
    I have a guy who calls me a nerd simple because I wear glasses... but I don't play video games often, actually, almost never except when I play pokemon.
    The other times I'm drawing or working.
    MAH! Anyway, Nintendo needs to quit targeting just children but a wider audience that loves pokemon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast