Thread: Plans for Pokemon Dream

Lightbulb Plans for Pokemon Dream

After I graduate from college (that'll be May 2010), I'm planning to move Pokemon Dream (and of course the Forums) to a dedicated server. I'm really sick and tired of our current shared host's downtime, policies, outdated software, and inflexibility. Sure, it'll cost me a few hundred dollars a month to run Pokemon Dream on its own box and I'll have to spend a lot more time managing day-to-day server issues, but this site totally deserves it. Pokemon Dream has been running for over 9 years and it's still getting more and more popular. I love this site with my heart and soul, so the least I can do for it is buy it a "house". Pokemon Dream may be a pretty big site now, but just imagine where we can take it in the future.

The only reason I'm not making the transition now is that I'm way too busy with schoolwork. It's my last year of college and I'm giving it 120%, not that I've given any less in the past three years. Anyway, I'm just putting this out there so that if I end up not doing it for some reason, you all can call me out.

Thanks for all your support. Get ready to go into turbo mode in half a year!

yay........................thats great
    LOL :panic::panic::panic:today i get halo 3 ODST :) lLOLOLOL

Mewtwo do the following
    1. Get rid of the old berry and attack guides for IV gen games
    2. Finish Platinum
    3. Add the mystery dungoen and exlorers of time to the pokemon list

Retired PD Drawing Board @dmin Eisley's Avatar

I'm with you in the college boat, I also graduate may 2010. My email address has changed so if you had tried to contact me in the last few weeks it would not have gone though.

I wanted to say sorry for leaving, but i had to, I was getting too much hate mail and hate sites that I just needed to go. Even more so I feel bad about hurting the popularity of your drawing boards.

At any rate, I hope your new site does well and I wanted to tell you something that you might want to consider doing to your drawing board. Dave has made it so that you can expand the drawing board size for more drawing space on the free 5 user drawing board. Hopefully you will consider doing that.

If you would like to contact me, I will reply to private messages on the forum
    You are impossible Delilah, the princess of Denile...

Haha, the fact that here's actual a big culture and drama shit on the DRAWING BOARDS never ceases to amaze me. I just remember them as some thing some of the posters used to mess around with the kids on back in 05/06. But recently I found a strange(also gay) article on some gay internet joke site(encyclepdia dramatica or something) with all this shit about the PD drawing board. RI-DICK. anyway!

This is dope Mewwy, before the crash the forums activity was pretty down so I was actually thinking of ways to bolster activity and part of it was thinking of how to make the mainsite more active. A few things that popped into my mind:

Make the main site more inclusive. Let a whole bunch of people from all around the INTERNET POKEMON COMMUNITY on the main site staff to write articles, reviews, walkthroughs, etc, just anything they want. I think that could be a big drawing point, so that anyone who's pretty smart about Pokemon can come here and get staffed to the main site and have one of the highest-viewed websites about Pokemon be a forum to voice their various opinions/game advice/whatever internet pokemon dudes talk about. Just make it really inclusive and have the selling point that any really smart Pokemon internet guy can get staffed if they're able to contribute to the quality of the site.

Do pretty much the same with the Pokemon forums on the board. The Misc. Elite has never really cared about them so they've deteriorated, so I think the people here who post at other Pokemon forums should start seeking the smartest guys from those forums, say "Hey, over at PD the staff largely isn't too active in Pokemon, so they'll let all the competent and smart people who post about pokemon run the Pokemon forums pretty much how they want", and mod the better posters down there, think that might draw a few people as most Pokemon forums are probably actively run by people into Pokemon and therefore probably too over-managed with too much restrictions and such, PD should be a place of FREEDOM for all competent posters who contribute well to the discussion of Pokemon. Same for the RP sections and stuff.

My main angle for this is I just hope a few of the people who come are cool dudes and spill over into Misc. now and then because that's all I really care about and post for. Plus it would probably attract a bunch of fools for me to get into political debates with and that's always fun. ANYWAY I think these might be decent ideas to boost the site and forums!

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

I would really love the pop-ups to go. And I dunno if it's just my computer, but I was searching through the PokeRep and a trojan popped up, so I've been wary to log back on the main site. Would changing servers fix this?

If you type "pokemon" into Google, PokeDream is on the 3rd page. The site has potential to become first-page. Or, if I remember correctly, the site USED to be on the 1st page. But I think the lack of updates pushed it down a bit...

I know that I'm still a newb to this forum, but I like PD's potential.
    I wouldn't mind making donations to help support the site and having a little button somewhere to accept these donations would be nice to see.

I also enjoy what God had mentioned in his post. Allowing people to create their own guides, reviews, etc. would be refreshing. This will allow freedom, but a bunch of rants and useless posts. This is to be expected for a good amount of time until a type of unspoken system spawns from it.

If only I weren't deployed, I would be able to create a bunch of artwork for this site. Hmm... maybe there should be an official section where people can post their artwork. I mean, like a gallery. That could open a few jobs that competent people can handle. Or maybe we can have an art section where poeple vote on how well an image looks. If it gets a certain amount of votes it can be viewed at the "Gallery Page" of PokeDream. If not, it goes to the "Albumn Page," or in other words the average or less drawings.

I would like that too since I am not a half bad guide writer oddly.

I think that would be cool.
    I mean, a lot of us need to write stuff. I wouldn't mind helping by being an editor (Not THE EDITOR!!). You know, fixing grammer and spelling, giving the final polish.

Another thing that would be cool is by haing a games review section. I try to be the least bias as possible, even thought being completely unbais is impossible.

Default Wow Mewtwo...

That is some deep consideration for your site. I give you props x 1000k. Seeing as I've been a Poke'Fan for 12 years that post has very deep meaning. If I continue to have good internet activity I'd not mind helping you out with those plans someday in the future when my time is applicable.

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

You need to update the PokéRep, Mewtwo. Not only do you not have the Platinum dex info, you also don't have the Rotom, Shaymin or Giratina forms introduced in Platinum, the HGSS egg moves and sprites, or the Platinum egg moves or mechanics. I'd be willing to help I guess, just tell me what format you want the info in and I'll get it all.

Vanity of vanities, all is vanity Hicky's Avatar

Also, I would like to write an overview of items and moves i.e. how they fair competitively. I'll show you an example by AIM if you want.

awesome updates mewtwo

Historymakingirlv0

Default hey could u please help meee

I need help how to post your story into fanfics because i have an awesome story i wrote myself. please help!!!!!!!!!!

Historymakingirlv0

please help i need gto know how to post your story to pokedream thanx

You don't. Post a story in the writing section and it may be put on the site.