Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Review of the Forum Rules

There is 3 of them.

That and there are this girls friend that years ago was flamed here and they are coming back to sort of see what is real about it. Also they seem to come from another video game place (WoW possibly as said) adn there they have stricter rules becuase they are well nerds and they do not want there fragil egos to crack.

And yeah they do have a point with the flaming in this one case since the girl was like 10 and the people here back then totally attacked her just look at Her Old Profile it is kinda sad.

Banned

I bet they came when the announced Starcraft 2.

What dat

Sure they have a point, an idiotic one; but a point non the less.

I've read her threads and I can see that those members shouldn't of just jumped on her like that.

I know that flaming is wrong, but they are attacking the wrong people. It should be the ones who flamed her, not us or the admins.

It's like a kid getting picked on at school. You can't blame the teachers for being responsible for the actions of the kids, the parents were the ones who raised them. The teachers can only prevent such said things.

The whole point of this is: Flaming is wrong.
    Definition:
    Flamming-An Internet user typically generates a flame response to other posts or users posting on a site, and such a response is usually not constructive, does not clarify a discussion, and does not persuade others. Sometimes, flamers attempt to assert their authority, or establish a position of superiority over other users. Other times, a flamer is simply an individual who believes he or she carries the only valid opinion. This leads him or her to personally attack those who disagree. In some cases, flamers wish to upset and offend other members of the forum, in which case they can be called "trolls". Most often however, flamers are angry or insulting messages transmitted by people who have strong feelings about a subject.

All the losers who do come to PD forums eventually leave, therfore no losers are in these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by leo33wii View Post
    All the losers who do come to PD forums eventually leave, therfore no losers are in these forums.
    Oh snap

Defenestration is imminent pichubro's Avatar

Seriously, I joined this forum when I was 12 (back in 2005) just when this "flaming" was starting to get "tolerated". I saw nothing wrong, BECAUSE there was nothing wrong.

If this forum was meant to off-put new members, it would've. Though I personally never got up in arms with anyone, there have only been a total of 4 members that were forcibly exiled off here out of the 50 or so regulars that have come and gone. We have become a family over the years, so naturally we grew firmer around the edges, but that's NOT to say that we won't welcome new members such as Kirby or leo33wii.

I joined some time early this year (2009) when I was 21. Now I'm 22 (Still the year 2009).

I think this site filters out stupid people who lack common sense and humor.

In my earlier post the only people left in the forums are the peeps who can be cool about things. I mean, this forum is more of a place to just hang out.

Quote Originally Posted by leo33wii View Post
    flaming is very cruel!
    I'm trying so hard but I just can't think of anything witty to say to this generic bitchrant. I'll just mock you for this instead.

Flamming

Hey stay off Leo hat man

Huh? I don't remember posting that.
    I rarely use the word flamming, only times when it seems important to the topic.
    But oh well.

I'm trying to think when I posted that and if it was ment to be sarcastic or not... (I don't want use a search yet).

you can mess around with the quotes to make people say anything

Owner of Lakepower

I agree with these rules
    What forum would allow flaming??
    Join the Lakepower Forums today!
    http://forums.lakepower.net/
    [/center]

ABOUT ME (PLEASE REMEMBER)
    Name: Ryan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12