Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How would you make an incorruptible goverment?

Default How would you make an incorruptible goverment?

Of course it's impossible, but what steps would you take to make a government that was as incorruptible as possible... A buddy of mine had some interesting ideas. He was a political science major for a brief time. One of his main ideas was a Limited sentence for serving as head of the government, followed by a mandatory death sentence. That would keep at least SOME people from getting into politics just for the power. I figured almost no one would go for that, but his reasoning was that there were a lot of older people that would go for it just because they could do a good job and were on their way out anyway. I'm not SURE how that would work out, but it is an idea.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Guarantee a minimum standard of living and have a good education system so that the population is well informed and feel included enough to actually care about the day to day operations of their government rather than MAYBE thinking the only time they are able to care is once every Presidential election.

Empower people and get them active in decision making that is important to their lives by having the means of production jointly owned operated by the workers and elected representatives for the communities in which they are located. Obviously taking the media out of private hands.

Communities are operated on REAL democracy. People do not get together once every few years and elect one person to make all the decisions, but everyone has an equal say in all decisions made.

How do you do that though... governmental decisions need to be made every day. How do you get EVERYONE'S opinion every time something needs to be done? It would slow everything down to a crawl. ANd of course raising the standard of living and getting people educate would be a good thing, but how do you go about doing those things in the first place? People are jaded, how do you get them to care about the government?
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Use robots

Banned

With fallout 3 as my witness, I say...

NEIN!

Banned

Also, an incouruptable government? That tough. Maybe use shock therapy for all elected offials?

Again ROBOTS

To all the girls that wanna join my tribe, just move to my rhythm and feel my vibe Echolalia's Avatar

Going with Tim's proposition:

Since this will obviously take a while to come about, I assume we'll have better, cheaper technology. Equip everybody with a data slate of some sort, giving them live feeds of all major activity and the ability to vote on any upcoming election they're eligible to vote in. Available at the same time will be media coverage of, and general facts about, the candidates available to vote on. Of course you run into problems there with authentication and the ability to hack the system, so you would have to have genetic identification in order to vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by Octazooka View Post
    globs of wet snow raining on me

UGH... Go Read FEED by M.T. Anderson RIGHT now... See how yoru Data Feed synchs up with our current government (hint: The world ends) It IS an excellent book though.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

To all the girls that wanna join my tribe, just move to my rhythm and feel my vibe Echolalia's Avatar

I'm sure it's pretty similar to Jennifer Government by Max Berry. But that is if it's used incorrectly. If used correctly, it can be an excellent tool that can improve our nation immensely and add to the process of universal democracy where it would otherwise be highly improbable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Octazooka View Post
    globs of wet snow raining on me

Maybe a hybrid motion between God's plan and ROBOTS

Education IS a big key, most of us can agree on that. I'm against relying TOO much on technology to run things... to easily manipulated. The problem is... how to keep this burgeoning government from becoming corrupt until this intellectual, economic, and educational parity is achieved.
    JOIN AN RP YOU SLACKERS!

Technological Singularity

Quote Originally Posted by leo33wii View Post
    Technological Singularity
    AKA: ROBOTS

Well yeah, it's robots minus the humans. I think the biggest problem to any government are the humans.
    People are, by nature; hypocritical, selfish, jelous, lazy, and violant.
    We do things simply because we want to either feel good or have sex or a mixture of the two.

See ROBOTS are the way of the future

Banned

I'm actually thinking of maybe a direct democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
    See ROBOTS are the way of the future
    People are becoming more like robots anyway.
    Comformist and focussed on a single object/task. (i.e. their own pleasure)
    Originally made by LM:

~ I have said nothing because there is nothing I can say that would describe how I feel as perfectly as you deserve it. -- Kyle Schmidt ~

~Silence is one of the hardest arguments to refute. -- Josh Billings ~

* dragon_berry**Fallen_Wings*

See robot are the way for the civilized future.

In Soviet Russia, Editor is protected from YOU!! The Editor's Avatar
    In a timeless moment, of perfect balance.

Make a tyranny.

Kirby, say "robots" one more time and I'm seriously going to slap you.

Robots cannot be a reliable government method. They way I see it, there can be two types of robot. Preprogrammed, and functional AI. Function AI would eventually become self-aware, and fuck us all up. Preprogrammed has human interference, and is programmed by humans, which defeats the point of using robots.

Quote Originally Posted by Pink-kitty2 View Post
    Kirby, say "robots" one more time and I'm seriously going to slap you.

Robots cannot be a reliable government method. They way I see it, there can be two types of robot. Preprogrammed, and functional AI. Function AI would eventually become self-aware, and fuck us all up. Preprogrammed has human interference, and is programmed by humans, which defeats the point of using robots.
    Technological singularity

Besides. Anything a human makes is never perfect. We may think it actually is, but isn't. What comes from nature is perfect, people just have subjective faults on things of nature. The universe will continue without us.

Robots are, and will be, made in the image of humans. Having them programmed on the Asimovs 3 robot laws is stupid anyway. Let's face it. Humans will use robots for slaves. And since they are not human but actual property, they will NOT have rights like humans do. In America, robots will NOT have the same rights under the constitution.
    Even if the robots had AI that would make them interact with us as an equal, they will not be. So kirby, please stop saying Row-butts!
    Leo 3DS friend Code: 0344 - 9299 - 0936

;]

NEVER

Registered Users Regular

First of all we should fix the education system and maybe draft to get all the bitch ass niggas off the street.

Pokegun knows where the shit needs to get done.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast